Posted

inFAMOUS First Light arrives on PS4 this week

Everything you need to know about Fetch’s turn under the spotlight

Yes, Sir! inFAMOUS First Light is up on the PlayStation Store from tomorrow for €14.99/£11.99. Gamers can dive right in and experience Abigail ‘Fetch’ Walker’s origin story from her brutal time on the streets of Seattle, to her DUP training in Curdun Cay, to becoming an assassin.

Fetch’s unchained Neon powers and her hand-to-hand fighting are all new. To master Fetch’s abilities you’ll have to get used to moving fast, very fast. She can effortlessly run up the side of buildings, make an epic jump across three rooftops, then come down hard and slamming into an enemy’s head, all without slowing down.

Fetch gets in close with a quick blur of hits and then knocks guys across the room with decisive finishers. When her back’s against the wall she can use her most powerful ability, the neon singularity, to suck enemies up into the air and crush them into a tight little ball before they’re scattered across the city. She’s the most high velocity and fluid character we’ve ever created.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

This explosive gameplay demands a challenge equal to her amped up abilities. In Curdun Cay, a remote alpine prison for Conduits, Fetch will be pushed to her limits by relentless waves of enemies in its Battle Arenas. We even score your performance and post it to a global leaderboard so you can see if you’re the best Conduit killer among your friends.

Don’t be fooled by the price-tag, there’s a ton here to discover. There are four to five hours of story campaign, hours of replayable arena combat after the narrative is complete, and an improved Photo Mode. In fact, the game’s so large we thought it deserved a platinum trophy.

inFAMOUS_First_Light-Fetch_neon_melee_502

First Light is a completely stand alone, self-contained inFAMOUS experience for just €14.99/£11.99. You don’t need inFAMOUS Second Son to play it, but if you’ve got that game we’ve got a treat for you. Delsin is completely playable in the Curdun Cay Battle Arenas.

Since you took the time to read this post I deem you worthy of some tips and tricks for First Light:

Gameplay tips

1. Jumping enemies are vulnerable; a well-placed stasis blast can devastate them.
  2. Dash Strike can knock heavily armoured enemies off their feet. Kick ’em while they’re down!
  3. Collecting Lumens and completing side missions is the quickest way to earn Skill Points that you can use to upgrade Fetch’s powers.
  4. If you have problems aiming accurately, upgrade to powers that let you slow down time even further.

Tips for dominating Battle Arenas

1. Shoot down flying auto-turrets for power-ups and score multipliers.
  2. Don’t let your score multiplier expire; stay engaged and keep fighting!
  3. Shoot all Hostage Takers to keep them engaging you rather than allowing them to turn their fire on a Hostage.
  4. Shoot a Summoner’s weak points to eliminate him quickly.
  5. Wraiths have a nasty melee attack; use a stasis blast to keep them at bay.

Have fun and let us know what you think of First Light!

36 Comments
0 Author replies

I’m excited!

I’m getting it on disc when the retail version comes out instead of the download version, will I still be able to get the bonus content for owning Second Son?

2.1

That’s what I wanna know as well.

2.2

Yeah, you can. Games “install” off the discs remember. It’ll pick up the second son data and let you play as Delsin, which as a bonus is somewhat disappointing after it was made a huge fuss of when Last Light was revealed… Never the less, still buying it, also on disc.

So will we even be able to log on to the store tomorrow?
You know with all these DDoS attacks…

Have you guys fixed that preorder glitch?

No they haven’t I best new able to download this at midnight

thx for “pre load” sony , now it’s download about 100 kb/s lol

GIVE A SPEEEEEED SONY

Can we buy the game at midnight? Or 01:00AM?

8.1

Because of the pre-order glitch :P

already in store , u can buy it now

8.3

@AKbizzy Not that, i had the pre-order cancelled because of “technical problems” :/ So i gotta wait until it launches to buy the game and later receive the bonus! But i wanna download it at 00:00 or 01:00AM

Show more replies

download time 20 hours

How about fixing the broken pre-order issue?

Assassin-_-MerKz 26 August, 2014 @ 22:46

Is this what i can expect for preordering from PS Store cancelling games? Great

AlexTheStampede 27 August, 2014 @ 04:25

Almost 10 gb to download once the store will be updated early afternoon. So as I understand it, if I plan to play a game the day it’s released I better hope it has a disc version to pre order on Amazon… because so far I’m pretty non impressed with the whole auto cancel of the pre orders and having to wait till it’s released to be able to re purchase it once and for all due to a technical error :(

European_Gamer 27 August, 2014 @ 05:59

I’m getting infamous: First Light next week.next week.

residentSteve 27 August, 2014 @ 06:14

Think I will give it a miss I got bored with the main game the day I brought it, shame really I found it to repetitive.

I was affected by the pre-order error, and as of 07:00 this morning, I still couldn’t purchase the First Light DLC — since I apparently owns it already. Non-preorders can buy, download; and play it from 01:00 Europe time. Bang-up job, Jawad!

Assassin-_-MerKz 27 August, 2014 @ 07:34
15.1

Theres 2 infamous first lights on the store buy the other 1

Assassin-_-MerKz 27 August, 2014 @ 07:39

Wow you couldnt fix the bug so we have to buy it straight off the store now this is worrying

Will the physical version have the pre-order bonus as well?

17.1

There are no pre-order bonuses.

Silence surrounding the preorder debacle and is it / isn’t it already owned is deafening. A bit more information when cancelling the preorders was needed and has left me quite dubious about using the service again. I’m not prepared to try purchasing this content via the other store link until much needed clarification is given. Sony is seriously trying to erode the kudos it gained from the successful unveiling of PS4. Plus, why is Diablo 3 so much more expensive on PS4 than PS3, like a lot of digital content? And finally, why is Android PlayStation app so slow and buggy? At least if all its going to do is open a web browser, make it perform well!

how do you access the pre order costume in game? =/

19.1

There isn’t a preorder costume.

To play as Delsin, you need to own Second Son.

19.2

yes there is a pre order costume. DUP suit for Fetch

thank you SP, i’m loving this DLC. great fun

Yeah there is, DUP outfit for fetch, it’s been downloaded just have no idea how to access it.

^In reply to MaxDiehard

To anybody who pre-ordered –
I basically got bored of waiting for a reply regarding the pre-order issue, so just went ahead and bought the £11.99 one (I’m only going to lose a costume, it’s not the end of the world) but I can CONFIRM that both the game and pre-order costume have magically appeared in my PS4 download queue. All good (kind of!)

The costumes are only available in the battle arenas. If you pre-ordered, you get Fetch’s DUP Costume. If you have an inFamous Second Son save on your PS4, you’ll also get to play as Delsin in selected challenges.

Hope that helps!

PLATINUM TROPHY!!.. THANK YOU!!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history