Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming soon to PS4

Beautiful hand-drawn platformer will run at 1080p/60fps

Most press releases are boring, awful things. This one here, for example, is pretty bad right out of the gate. Far as we can tell, most press releases are so stuffy because the people writing them are business types, with suits and ties.

So, in accordance with that free-wheeling game developer spirit, we’ve decided not to announce Dust: An Elysian Tail for PS4 ourselves. Instead, we’re going to pass the proverbial baton over to one of the stars of Dust: An Elysian Tail and let her do it instead.

There is no way this could possibly go wrong.

“Hello, internet-people! I’m Fidget, co-star of Dust: An Elysian Tail. As you can see in the photograph displayed above, taken moments ago in a candid fashion, I’m playing the game with a DualShock 4! That’s no Photoshop job, that’s the real deal! Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PlayStation 4 REALLY REALLY SOON! I KNOW! It’s crazy! Crazy like a nimbat!

“So, what is Dust: An Elysian Tail? I’m glad you asked, this being a press release about it and all!

“Imagine a 2D side-scrolling platformer, with crazy-fast swordplay and screen-clearing MAGIC supplied by yours truly. There are power-ups! Special abilities! Hidden passages! A whole world of STUFF to find! Main quests! Side quests! We’ve even got a quest where you can choose to put poison ivy into some jerk’s laundry! I KNOW! It’s magical! Let’s poison his laundry TOGETHER!

“Now, if you can, imagine all this awesomeness is hand-drawn like an old animated movie from the ’80s and ’90s, but with art at crazy high resomolutions! Like, 1080p! People tell me that’s pretty darn good! Also, 60fps. I’m guessing that’s some sort of speed? Like, the speed of awesome? I don’t know much about these things, though. I mean, look at my hands! I’m not plugging anything into expensive TVs with these ham-hocks.

“Explore the award-winning hand-drawn world of Dust: An Elysian Tail on PS4, coming soon!”

Have a question about the game? Want to ask Fidget a question? Drop us a line in the comments section below! And you can follow our Facebook page for updates too!

Did you enjoy this?

29 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Wow. This was a big suprise. But i’m kinda happy this is happening. The game was fantastic on PC.
If the price is right, i will gladly be buying it!

Snake55wildcat 28 August, 2014 @ 6:04 pm   2

ok, this is really amazing to hear!, I haven’t been able to complete much of the PC version but i loved the artstyle and general idea of the game itself, its fantastic to hear that this will arrive on the PS4 soon!

Oh good thing I copied my question from the other thread

“Why is it better to pick it on PS4 instead of PC/Android/iOS/tablets”

I picked it up in bundle on steam… already played it…. so really give me a reason why should I buy it. Sell it to us.

(anyway it’s weird day, so many multiplats today)

MrSabuhudo 31 August, 2014 @ 11:00 am

Here’s your answer: Consider all the platforms a game is on and choose the one you think you’ll enjoy the game most on. Contrary to common believes, the developer doesn’t care where you spend your money, as long as you spend it on his game. So please learn to decide for yourself and stop spamming.

andrewsqual 28 August, 2014 @ 6:12 pm   4

Hi Fidget. What are we talking content wise? Is there enough to do in the game that the guys making it could work in a Platinum Trophy? 🙂
Also will they be utilising specific Dualshock 4 functions such as the touchpad, lightbar or speaker?

Excellent game I already finished it on my PC though but would gladly buy it again if ti were on Vita!

Wasn’t it available for free on Xbox in May?

You know what would be awesome?
Bringing it to the vita too…

European_Gamer 28 August, 2014 @ 6:42 pm   8

The art style reminds me of the recent Rayman games.

DoYouLikeMyID 28 August, 2014 @ 7:36 pm   9

I really like the look of this game. I too, hope for a Vita version as well, but I’m still very interested in the PS4 version! 😀

ZentarXenil 28 August, 2014 @ 7:59 pm   10

Why isn’t PS4 called PS3 indie remastered?

Actually, that was an Xbox exclusive for 2 years, so it would be closer to truth by having the PS4 called Xbox360 remastered in this case.

ThreeWallzz 28 August, 2014 @ 8:10 pm   11

PSVita please!Anyways the game looks really good

DragonAloia 28 August, 2014 @ 8:24 pm   12

Great game,Finished it on PC,recommend it for everybody. 🙂 <3

DizzyQViper 28 August, 2014 @ 8:27 pm   13

So what makes this better than the 360 and PC version?

Hexahedronaut 28 August, 2014 @ 9:50 pm   14

Bought it day one on 360 I would highly recommend it as long as you can get past your furry hate.

Glad that more people will be able to play this. Bought it when it first came out on 360 and frekain loved it

FlawlessBiscuit 29 August, 2014 @ 1:14 am   16

Watched part of a let’s play in this a while back, looks super cool! Glad I didn’t watch the whole thing and spoil myself though, super excited to play it 😀

Excellent news, this was a day one buy for me on 360 and will be again on PS4. By far one of my favourite games from last gen. @ andrewsqual, the 360 version has 30 achievements and clocks in at a good 15+ hours, the content justifies having a Platinum.

No PS3 version? That’s sad. Luckily, I own a Steam version.

2 games that I have hoped to see on PlayStation are this and bastion and thought I’d never see any of them.

Well one down 😀 one to go.

Looking forward to this guys.

Njitram2000 29 August, 2014 @ 8:06 am   20

I’m happy to see a port of a highly rated game that is not coming from ps3 because that means I probably haven’t played it yet. It looks good so I’ll probably get it.

BUTTERTICKLES 29 August, 2014 @ 8:07 am   21

Some of the art makes me think of Rayman 1. I wish Ubisoft made Rayman like that again.

Sum-Mischief 29 August, 2014 @ 3:13 pm   22

Ok , ok … Day one count on it !

And one more time Vita is forgotten, even though it woud be the PERFECT hardware for this beautiful and colorful game.

Perhaps they think vita owners prefer atari graphics indies insted of this.

Witcher70 29 August, 2014 @ 11:39 pm   24

Awww BEST news ever! I bought it day one on Xbox360 and LOVED IT ! I will definitely be picking it up again on DAY 1 🙂

HomessaHomem 30 August, 2014 @ 11:03 am   25

I WANT THIS ONE IN MY VITA pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

MarkDavenport 30 August, 2014 @ 5:07 pm   26

Good guy Microsoft for letting you do this.