Posted

What’s new in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX on PS3?

Square Enix details all the additions you can expect in its action RPG collection

One of the most common questions we receive all over the place is “What exactly is new to Kingdom HeartsHD 2.5 ReMIX?” Well, we’ve made it easy for everyone. In the latest “New Features” trailer, we highlight a few of the MANY new pieces of content that you all can enjoy on 5th December!

Brand new to PAL territories, the FINAL MIX versions of both Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep are two of the stories included in this compilation. So you get to relive Kingdom Hearts awesomeness, for the first time!

In addition to everything detailed in the trailer, just a small sliver of things that you can look forward to include:

• Kingdom Hearts II
            •  A remastered soundtrack has been completely overhauled by an orchestra to provide a richer and more beautiful experience. Over 90 of the music tracks have been remastered
            • A secret movie that leads in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
            • New gummi ship missions
          • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
            • New action and support abilities
            • New deck commands and a command style – “Rhythmic Mixer”
            • New items!
          • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
            • Never before cinematic cutscenes based off of your favorite battles, including – Data Sora vs. Data Riku

If you weren’t already looking forward to fighting in Mickey’s house in Timeless River or lightcycling through Space Paranoids or driving yourself crazy by playing that ice cream mini game in Disney Town in Birth by Sleep….there is a lot more content to look forward to!

Let’s. Get. HYPED!

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will be exclusively on PlayStation 3 this 5th December 2014! Make sure you preorder to get a complimentary upgrade to the Limited Edition, which contains the free exclusive Disney collectible pin badge at participating retailers. Preorder here! [link www.kingdomhearts.com/preorder]

37 Comments
          5 Author replies

“What new feature are you looking forward to the most in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX?”
          Game being sold for Official Price in Middle East Stores.No more paying 5$ or 15$.

1.1

Edit:No more paying 10$ Extra for PS3/4 Games or 15$ Extra for Vita Games.

DoYouLikeMyID 28 August, 2014 @ 14:13

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT! \(^▽^)/

Mat Kishimoto 28 August, 2014 @ 17:35
          2.1

@DoYouLikeMyID wooooo neither can we!

What am I most looking forward about this collection?

An excuse to play these fantastic games again in glorious HD! With trophies too!

Also you missed off mentioning the added secret boss fights in KH2FM and KHBBSFM ;)

Playing 2 again is what I want :) Playing all the others is a huge bonus too.

Mat Kishimoto 28 August, 2014 @ 17:51
          4.1

@andrewsqual If you haven’t played Birth by Sleep, you’re in for a real treat. That game is PHENOMENAL. No joke.

madmanwithabox12 28 August, 2014 @ 20:57
          4.2

I don’t think a lot of people have had the chance to play Birth By Sleep. You haven’t allowed people to download it from the PlayStation Network on PSP OR Vita, how were they supposed to play it? It’s 2014, people shouldn’t have to use their old PSP’s and UMD’s. You should have tried to help Vita along by releasing BBS digitally, instead people couldn’t get your game and had to stick with the old hardware.

BRING THIS TO MY VITA!

First of all… let’s start with bring Type-0 to Vita :/

I can’t forgive them for what they did
          “just because you (meaning PSP/PSV owners) asked for it you (someone entirely different) will get it!” Square Enix is far from being community friendly company, they don’t deserve any respect.

5.2

I agree. Or at least birth by sleep. I loved it on my PSP and would love to play it again on my vita

5.3

You are right, Square Enix is in BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG debt to us (PSP and or Vita owners). HEY MAT, TELL YOUR FRIENDS DO NOT FORGET TO BRING FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 TO OUR VITAS !

madmanwithabox12 28 August, 2014 @ 14:20

Watch the comments once again descend into a gazillion Vita requests and watch as, once again, Square Enix completely ignores it all over again.

6.1

AND WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT!

Mat Kishimoto 28 August, 2014 @ 17:50
          6.2

@madmanwithabox12 We do hear your voice (as well as many others) and while there are no plans for this title to be released on the PlayStation Vita, we hope as many people as possible can enjoy it on the PlayStation 3! :)

madmanwithabox12 28 August, 2014 @ 20:54
          6.3

There never are plans, though, are there? It’s always the same story. I’m thankful that you’ve at least acknowledged us this time, instead of straight ignoring us like the last two posts and whilst it’s nice that you’ve heard us, the important question is whether or not your bosses have. They need to know that many of their most faithful customers were on PSP and now Vita, yet Square Enix refuses to throw us a bone. We’re the ones who campaigned our butts off only for Type-0 to go to PS4 and Xbox One instead. Now Kingdom Hearts has no hope of being on Vita.

Show full comment

What also annoys me is that just like Type 0, we’re losing another game that should have been on Vita right here. Birth By Sleep should have been available to Vita owners as a PSP game. Again, we’re the ones who have been asking for it and what do you do? Give it to everyone else. I know you probably won’t even read this, let alone respond to it, but I’m going to put my (and I’m sure many others) feelings out there for you to see and pass along to your superiors.

Thanks for your time.

*PS: If Dissidia 3 ever happens and it’s not on Vita, that’s the last damn straw.

Well I suppose you mentioned the bosses in the trailer so I’ll let you off :P

Mat Kishimoto 28 August, 2014 @ 17:37
          7.1

@xion1116 Glad you spotted them. We definitely wanted to make sure these were highlighted…the Roxas one is awesome!

1. Keep your pin, calling it limited edition is one big joke
          2. Some of us won’t forget what you did with Drakengard 3 in EU – digital only is a way to spit on your fans
          3. Most of us won’t forget what you did with Type-0 – that’s a PSP game, bring it to Vita
          4. Most of us won’t forget what you are doing with Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider survived because of PlayStation

Unless you fix your problems, meaning realease Type-0 on Vita and Tomb Raider on PS4

You can keep your games, I don’t want them.

I keep saying it over and over again, I was fan of Square Soft since middle of 90. But this Square Enix is nothing but a shadow of glorious company. Keep your games, I don’t want them unless you start listening to your true fans.

8.1

4. It’s only a timed exclusive, period is unclear though as far as I know. So at least it’s not a total loss.

@frimo_online. Have they even mentioned a PS version? I haven’t seen a statement but that doesn’t mean that they haven’t mentioned it, thats why I ask.
          Because if they haven’t a timed exclusive could actually just mean a PC version beside the Xbox.
          But we could always hope for a PS release.

I wonder if we’ll get dream drop distance later on? As i understood the game was important for kh3, setting up the premises for said game.

Can’t wait for this!!!!!!!!! Have it pre-ordered and will save it for Christmas!! :D But knowing me I would be too excited I’ll not be able to wait that long so I guess it means DAY ONE!

I genuinely don’t get why people want this on Vita (and RPG’s in general to be honest). In my opinion Vita is for games you can dip in and out of on the bus or train, Kingdom hearts is game you can happily sit down with at 9am on a Saturday and then suddenly realise you haven’t eaten all day and it’s 7pm!
          That’s not something I won’t to be doing on a handheld (no matter how awesome the screen is). Personally I’d like to see 1.5 and 2.5 bundled together on PS4, that would make my day.

madmanwithabox12 28 August, 2014 @ 14:46
          11.1

RPGs are perfect for Vita. Grinding on the bus/train or when something’s on TV in the background? Hell yes.

11.2

you can do that on vita. just put it on standby and pick up where you left off. plus birth by sleep was a psp game. it was made for a portable system so it would be perfect on via

thatbasedgamer 28 August, 2014 @ 16:36
          11.3

Im sorry but RPGS require so much dedicated time and grinding, which is why it is perfect fit for portable devices. Persona 3 for example, requires so much grinding. Playing it on TV for too long, would become tiresome.

Totally buying this on my PS3 but please guys, consider a PS4 port with 1080p, AA and 60fps. The game would really benefit from it.

Does the Japanese Special versions have english voice overs and texts (which include the soundtrack of the game)? I’d like to buy those rather than this boring European version.

Awesome! Can’t wait :D KH2 and BBS in HD… This will be amazing.
          Still (CENSORED) about Type-0 and I won’t be buying that game as long as there is no Vita version, but that has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts. Will be picking KH up day 1 :)

thatbasedgamer 28 August, 2014 @ 16:32

Square Enix
          Seriously is it so hard for you to also bring this on the vita? This would have been a perfect fit on a portable device (not smartphones)
          Look at Nis America and Xseed. They are not a big company like yours, but they still put effort in bringing their games to the vita and home consoles. Why can’t you do the same? The vita is in desperate need of support from third party, and just porting the Kingdom Hearts games to the vita would have been a great help! Believe or not, I would buy 3 damn copies if it came on the vita to show support. I refuse to buy this on the ps3. As much as I love rpgs, I don’t like to play them on home consoles because they are time consuming, which is why again, it would be such a perfect fit on the vita. Oh but no, you want to put them on a dated console which most of them have been traded in for the current gen consoles, but you still decide to put them exclusive to the ps3. *sigh* whatever.

You forgot to answer one little question: Will the games be released uncensored this time? There’s no reason to censor them anyways here in the EU, as it will still get a 12+ rating like the other games in the series. There’s just minor censors, but I would like the Pirates levels to include guns and (mild) blood and see Axel burn to death as well.

Will this game or 1.5 HD Remix be available on the PSN?

Mat Kishimoto 28 August, 2014 @ 17:40
          17.1

@Mehaor Currently only planned to be boxed.

please speak to disney and tell that so many users have the lens broken, and we can only play digital games, pleaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee why???? hear the fans please

DoYouLikeMyID 28 August, 2014 @ 21:11
          17.3

@KNAYDJ

From what I’ve heard, Square Enix does not have the rights to digitally distribute some of the songs in the games (namely Simple and Clean, and Sanctuary). Therefore, they can’t legally release the games digitally. I may be wrong about that, but that’s what I’ve heard.

Show more replies
          Crazy_Vantage 28 August, 2014 @ 23:21

Any chance these are coming to Vita in the future?

18.1

No chance, because it is $QUARE ENIX.

EternalChaos72 29 August, 2014 @ 15:23

Matt can we please have the PSN avatars for this game please? would really be appreciated :D

19.1

I want avatars too please!

i’ll be waiting for it *.*

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history