Posted

New on PlayStation Store: Velocity 2X, Don’t Starve PS Vita, Danganronpa 2, more

And don’t forget the September PS Plus refresh goes live today!

First up this week, Velocity 2X is the visually dazzling, action-packed sequel to Velocity Ultra, featuring amazing puzzle-platforming action alongside award-winning shooter gameplay! No longer are you confined to your ship, as now you can continue the fight on foot. Velocity 2X is available today on PS4 and PS Vita and best of all, included in PS Plus for September.

Next, what better way to start the new school year than with Danganronpa 2? Monokuma returns and once again you must use your wits to investigate various murders, gather evidence and make your case in trial. What has Monokuma got planned this time?

If, like me you haven’t played the first game (yet!), or better yet, are itching to nab it, we’ve got you covered. One of this week’s deals of the week is indeed Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, so grab it at a discount and get up to speed in this murder mystery game.

Rounding off the week, there’s the rest of the September wave of PS Plus content to dive into, Don’t Starve: Giant Edition on PS Vita, The Golf Club on PS4 and more discounts, including a 10th Anniversary promotion for Rising Star games. Happy gaming.

PlayStation Plus

Velocity 2X (PS4/PS Vita) – 100% off

Sportsfriends (PS4/PS3) – 100% off

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3/PS Vita) – 100% off

Hoard (PS3) – 100% off

TxK (PS Vita) – 100% off

Joe Danger (PS Vita) – 100% off

PlayStation 4

EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS40000_en_THUMBIMG

Minecraft PS4 Edition (UPGRADE) – £3.69/€3.99/$5.95

EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS40000_en_THUMBIMG

Minecraft PS4 Edition – £12.99/€18.99/$19.75

EP4502-CUSA00904_00-THEGOLFCLUBHBSTU_en_THUMBIMG

The Golf Club (£28.99/€34.99/AU$52.95)

EP4143-CUSA00071_00-FUTURLABV2XPRE00_en_THUMBIMG

Velocity 2X (Cross-Buy PS4/Vita) (£12.99/€15.99/AU$23.95)

PS Vita

EP1063-PCSB00514_00-DANGANRONPA2EU01_en_THUMBIMG

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (£34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95)

EP1063-PCSB00455_00-DISGAEA4R0000000_en_THUMBIMG

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (£34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95)

EP2107-PCSB00551_00-DONTSTARVE000000_en_THUMBIMG

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (£11.49/€13.99/AU$20.95)

EP2034-PCSB00475_00-JOEDANGER1VITA01_en_THUMBIMG

Joe Danger (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)

EP4143-CUSA00071_00-FUTURLABV2XPRE00_en_THUMBIMG

Velocity 2X (£12.99/€15.99/AU$23.95)

EP2026-PCSB00469_00-TWDS20000000DLC5_en_THUMBIMG

The Walking Dead: Season 2, Ep. 5, No Going Back (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)

PS4 DLC

Call of Duty: Ghosts – Nemesis (available from 4th September) (£11.59/€14.49/AU$19.95)

The Last of Us Remastered

Velocity 2X (Cross-Buy PS4/Vita)

PS3 DLC

GRID Autosport

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

One Piece Unlimited World Red

Not available in South Africa, India

Rocksmith 2014

Tales of Xillia 2

The Last of Us

PS Vita DLC

Muramasa Rebirth – Genroku Legends – Hell’s Where the Heart Is (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (Cross-Buy)

PlayStation Pets

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Velocity 2X (Cross-Buy PS4/Vita)

Deals of the week

Blue Estate (PS4) – Was £15.99/€19.99/AU$29.95, now £9.99/€12.99/AU$19.45

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) – Was £34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95, now £19.99/€24.99/AU$32.95

GRID: Autosport (PS3) – Was £39.99/€59.99/AU$89.95, now £24.99/€34.99/AU$44.95

Zombie Driver HD (PS3) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55

203 Comments
5 Author replies

Hi jawad just a quick question re: destiny, do you know when/if we will be able to pre download the game? Just wondering as iv heard xbone has been able to pre download it for nearly a week now yet we are still waiting for a date.

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 September, 2014 @ 15:07
1.1

I read it was the 7th

1.2

I was just going to ask fred on twitter about the pre download but someone already asked and fred’s reply was “we dont have any information at this time”.iv got a gut feeling it’s going to end up like the watch dogs pre order mess

So no minecraft PS4 then . tsk tsk PSfrance for the false leak

Minecraft failed PS4 certification and no new date has been announced just yet.

2.3

The developer are saying on Twitter that Minecraft PS4 will still be out today!

Show more replies

Insert obligatory where’s minecraft comment here

3.1

Its out now, check the PS Store on your PS4s :)

Nice. But no Minecraft for PS4 this week?

How is The Golf Club? Will there be an update out for that soon as I hear there is slow down problems with it. It most certainly fills the void before a new Tiger Woods game is released and the newly announced Everybody’s Golf game for PS4.

I got it from the US Store on its release last week – I’ve had very few problems (if any) with it, and would recommend it to any sports fan, not just golf. Word of warning though, it is much closer to the real game of golf than Tiger Woods ever has been, so if you’re not keen on that then steer clear, You’re not likely to be shooting many 20 under par rounds on TGC.

5.2

Sounds great, I’m not a big fan of Tiger Woods anyway, (I never believed in the thumbstick thing at all, it feels so random and then you automatically get a chip in eagle without even trying and think “Wut??????”). This sounds good though, thanks. :)

If you don’t mind having masterpiece as a digital only pick up Danganronpa 1+2

But still probably better to pick it up with nice retail edition so your children and grandchildren will be able to play it :D Best game this month, period!

*digital not digital only
There is nice retail thanks to NISA – The King of Europe

X_Blood_Curse_X 03 September, 2014 @ 15:07
6.2

“But still probably better to pick it up with nice retail edition so your children and grandchildren will be able to play it ”

Lol that’s a funny image.

“Gather round kids, lets sit by the fire and let me tell you about an old game called Danganronpa…”

@X_Blood_Curse_X
Great games are like great movies or great books :D

Don’t you hold your books collection to give your own kids when they will grow up? Well I had bunch of fables books from my mother, and I loved them! And I know I will also read them to my own kids!

With games it is kinda similar thing, I mean sure some of them are just like pop-art, you experience it and forget it as soon as you cen…but there are also games which you will remember whole your life, right? :)

And if you liked them… why don’t you share those with your own kids :)

No minecraft :( And still no The last thinker for almost all EU.

X_Blood_Curse_X 03 September, 2014 @ 15:08
7.1

The Last Tinker is plagued with frame-rate issues, avoid it!

No Minecraft today?

It’d be wise to tread carefully if/when Minecraft finally does get released. It already failed Sony Certification once – and given the number of broken/unplayable games that *Passed* that process, it must be a real mess.

8.2

Its out now, check the PS Store on your PS4s :)

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 September, 2014 @ 15:03

No Minecraft :-(

9.1

Its out now, check the PS Store on your PS4s :)

No Minecraft PS4 :'(
Thank you PlayStation France!

Minecraft is now in the eu playstation store. See for yourself

Japanease Vita owners get 250 free PSP game, what about the european Vita gamers?!

Aww man that’s a sweet deal for Japanese owners; I’d be happy with just a 5th of that!

Come on SCEE!!

11.2

No they don’t. It’s still the UMD Passport system (i.e. you have to own the UMD first, with the option to get a digital copy to play on your Vita), with Sony waiving the fee that was previously playable.

X_Blood_Curse_X 03 September, 2014 @ 15:04

Danganronpa sale :

US $20
EU/UK £20

I bought the game physical on release, so I’m not that bothered. But it’s a slap in the face for people who were waiting for a sale

Great week for Vita :)

Thank you for the Danganronpa sale!

It’s a shame that the sale price is €24.99 while in the US it was on sale for $19.99 last week :(

Can you confirm if that’s really the final price, Jawad? Thanks.

14.1

Yeah, that is the final price.

Okay, thank you. That’s a shame, though.

Agreed, had enough of this discrimination.

Show more replies

Following titles getting on the SEN store?
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleap (yes I know of 2.5 hd remake, but thats

not playable on portable device is it? ;) )
PoPoLoCrois
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Thrillville
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

(just for fun, and to see the resonses by some of the comenters)
And by the way, where is the way to sell our used digital games. that

we have a LEGAL . right to according to EU courts?
rules-resale-of-used-software-licenses-is-legal—-even-online.html

Any new information on Cross Region Gifting.
Like steam have had for years.
I do mean gifts would have to be purchased as gift. (not transfearal of
used). Kind of like how I can order a physical version from US and use
it, I want o be able to buy a digital version (or DLC) on a american
account and gift it to my main account as to not have to log...

Show full comment

Following titles getting on the SEN store?
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleap (yes I know of 2.5 hd remake, but thats

not playable on portable device is it? ;) )
PoPoLoCrois
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Thrillville
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

(just for fun, and to see the resonses by some of the comenters)
And by the way, where is the way to sell our used digital games. that

we have a LEGAL . right to according to EU courts?
rules-resale-of-used-software-licenses-is-legal—-even-online.html

Any new information on Cross Region Gifting.
Like steam have had for years.
I do mean gifts would have to be purchased as gift. (not transfearal of
used). Kind of like how I can order a physical version from US and use
it, I want o be able to buy a digital version (or DLC) on a american
account and gift it to my main account as to not have to logg different
acounts to manage my games.. Or to send gifts to a friend, or recive
gifts from a friend.

Oh, and to anyone complaining about me reposting, if they would just
take time to reply, something like: We have brougt your suggestions to
the correct people/departments. Id shut up (about the things in the
post) for atleast a few months.

No one other than you cares.

HTH

I care. But I know that what he’s asking for is unlikely…

those 3 psp games are never going to happen.
they where never released digitally, and sony can’t release them digitally now without permission from the developers.
and the developers can’t give their permission without the permission of every artist whose work is in those games.

Show more replies

Yay! i’ve been waiting for Danganronpa to be on sale!!

Where is Minecraft ?

Noooooo, why did you lie to me playstation France :'(

Anyway going to download my plus games and enjoy them :D
My wallet is actually dying this month but at £8 I have to by sorcery saga :P

Nooooooo. Where’s my Minecraft PS4 edition?

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 September, 2014 @ 15:05

Wow xbox has a release date for Minecraft we dont…….

Minecraft ?! :(

@Jawad Ashraf
Are we to expect more sales today than the ones shown already?

AlexTheStampede 03 September, 2014 @ 15:13
22.1

Is this a question about Second Son sale, like the US store? Because I’d like to see that one, to be honest.

22.2

It is a general question, really. Its the first Wednesday of the month, and ”traditionally” we have a big sale. Are we to expect something like that @Jawad Ashraf?

Hey jawad, you know what im gonna ask here but is there any avatars for this week?

A_Swaggy_Mexican 03 September, 2014 @ 15:09

Minecraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is Minecraft?! Stupid French people…. Leaking a game that isnt coming … at least give us a launch window u know?

25.1

If they do give us a launch window, it’ll be bigger than those seen in an airport.

No minecraft :( is it out Friday instead or does the xbox get it first?

Hey Jawad, do you have any news if Capcom got any plans to bring Mega Man X4 & X5 and also Dino Crisis to European PSN stores? I heard the US got them yesterday and I really wanted to play them and finding these games for my real PS1 console are so hard to find even prices on ebay rocket sky high prices them. I tried tweeting Capcom regarding about the games but they are not replying back regarding any news for European launch. A response would be lovely.

And I’ll grab the free DLC for my Sword Art Online quest later on, great update but disappointed the Mega Man X games didn’t get a European release. If Nintendo can release them fine so why can’t Sony? :\

27.1

Getting a response outta capcom is like taking blood from a stone. I tweet to them all the time but no answer.

Btw. Mr. Jawad I know that it’s not your job but maybe you are aware about will there be any news about Oreshika anytime soon?

Game is marked as digital only on official site :/ (bad news)… and yet there wasn’t even single info about that game on PS Blog :/

If you don’t know anything about it, you don’t need to check it up… I know that you have other things to do… so yeah if you know anything it would be great, but if you don’t know than it is also fine.

P.S. I will be quite angry if SCEE will try to write first news about Oreshika one month before release, saying that it will be digital only and there is nothing that can be done, because it is too late :(

I’d guess oreshika would be coming quite soon. It’s was annouced alongside SS: Delta and freedom wars in an April blog post (link below). I can’t wait for the launch too :P really hope they change their minds and make it physical like they did with freedom wars

@iky_g
My guess is Q1 2015 or December 2014

After all it was released in JP as the last game from those 3. But like I told there wasn’t even single info about Oreshika on Blog… just “hey it will come with 2 other games”

Yeah retail for that great game is must have for it…

@Archacus
To be fair there wasn’t much news about SS: delta until closer to launch. Same with freedom wars. If it does launch in December it would make a great Christmas present :P
If it does turn out to be digital and is a 3gb download I’ll probably wait for a price drop :/

Show more replies

Even the Developer of Minecraft teased a “Surprise for sony guys”…. sigh

29.1

maybe this is the suprise

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 September, 2014 @ 15:30
29.2

Yeah we got a screenshot thats all

See this is how you do DLC, Sword Art Online. 20 new dlc articles, and all of them free. (I’m looking at you Tales of Xillia)

30.1

Actually, both SAO and Tales of Xillia are both developed by Bandai Namco in case you didn’t know.

\o/ Danganropa discount!!! Fair play.

Oh and still any news on Mutant Mudds Deluxe and 1001 Spikes?

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 September, 2014 @ 15:16

Woah cmon someone posted Minecraft ps4 screenshot saying almost there

Jawad, will last week’s Rocksmith 2014 DLC be correctly priced this week?

It was listed as $17.95 in Australia (the price is incorrect on the EU and UK Stores as well). The Bachsmith Pack is a 5 pack of instrumental songs being sold for a discounted price. It’s $4.99 on the US PSN Store. It’s $6.65 on the Australian XBOX Marketplace. Are we SCEE users expected to pay 3x more for the same content???

The developer (UbiSoft) is aware of the pricing error on its forums, I hope SCEE does the right thing and adjusts it this week, also refunding those who paid the incorrect price for it.

I am one of those idiot Australians who paid the wrong price. Playstation Entertainment Europe doesn’t want to refund the difference. Great customer relations. We already pay 30% more for DLC than the USA on current exchange rates and when they make a mistake on the price and inflate it 360% they don’t have the common decency to refund the difference.

Hi jawad, could you please confirm if Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will be on the store on friday? I read it was to be released digital, if so could you also give a price.
Thanks.

Some time ago I tried to find all petitions about Vita.

If you are interested check

37.2

Signed..

shameful ‘discount’ on danganripyouoff. see sorcery saga curse of curry god for under £9. rising star more deserving of my money.

So much Vita love today for free via PS+, including 3 new releases! Joe Danger, Don’t Starve, Velocity 2X, TxK, PSASBR – incredible!

Velocity 2X BRING IT!

Also, minecraft is bound to come out one of these days. Just enjoy the great plus titels this month for now

Are you drunk?

Can I ask what the hell SCEE is doing with DOA5U DLC?

41.1

Some is out this week, it just tends to be a slightly more complicated affair to set up in this part of the world.

41.2

Well thank you for the reply at least. But it seems like it’s more than “slightly” complicated since there’s still bundles missing that were supposed to be added over a month ago.

Makes you wonder what part of the World Jawad works, must be Antarctica or somewhere similar. Maybe hire some capable people instead?

Show more replies
Emperor_Mordred 03 September, 2014 @ 15:23

I’m playing Velocity 2X at the moment, it’s great!

5 free games for the vita (if you have don’t starve for PS4 in your download list). I might actually be able to resist buying Disgaea 4 for a week and hold out for physical copy.

43.1

Yeh think i may hold out for physical copy too, i’ve got 50gb+ of Vita compatible stuff now, have to keep deleting unfinished / unplayed games on my 32gb card :(
Moving on, loved Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4 demo was awesome, highly recommend both.

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 September, 2014 @ 15:26

No Minecraft ps4 i cry everytime

loving the heck out of Velocity 2X

where’s Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate btw?

Hi jawad , 2 quick questions

1 – i have the ps4 version of dont starve(thanks to plus) will i have the vita for free??

2 – japanese plus vita users will have around 250 PSP titles for free , what are the chances of that also happenning in europe??

Thanks

Pedro

1- Yes! It asks money but when I put it in basket, it went free.Plays so well in Vita.
2- Maybe i am mistaken here, but i read somewhere that there are not free, just a translation error that went viral. What really happens is that they get free games if only they have the UMD of them, which is still good imo.

46.2

@noo26
We don’t have the UMD passport scheme over here unfortunately so this won’t happen.
A shame though as I had loads of PSP games!

Velocity 2X is brilliant – I feel so guilty for getting it for nothing, that I’ve bought the DLC. And a T-Shirt off the FuturLab webstore :)

thanks for being prompt with these updates lately, guys! although i’d still love if they went ahead in the am or, even better, on tuesday like the america’s update :)

There should be a metacritic score for deals of the week as well, just like with PS Plus candidate games. Blue Estate has something like 40 points on metacritic, sigh.

Jawad,

Will Prototype 2, killer is dead, or Valiant hearts(ps4) be on sale next week?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history