Posted

New Destiny video shows PS Vita Remote Play

See how Bungie’s epic shooter will play on your portable

Destiny is just days away! I wanted to share a quick video showing off its Remote Play experience, which enables you to wirelessly stream the game from your PS4 to your PS Vita. I spent some time playing Destiny via Remote Play during the Beta and I was really impressed with not only how good it looked on PS Vita’s vivid 5-inch screen, but also how responsive it was. The team over at Bungie actually optimized the controls for Destiny on PS Vita via Remote Play. Check out the full control scheme:

Destiny Remote Play Controls

One of the things we noticed during the week of the Destiny Beta was that a lot of PS4 owners were streaming Destiny to their PS Vitas via Remote Play. In fact, Destiny was the No. 1 title for Remote Play during the entire month of July, racking up the most Remote Play sessions of any PS4 title.

Watch the video to get up to speed!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

AL3KS4ND3R_1337 5 September, 2014 @ 3:13 pm   1

Can’t wait to take a dump while exploring.

I see Microsoft have released a fragrance called destiny haven’t tried it myself but I hear it smells of sour grapes.

I played a fair bit of remote play on the beta and it worked fantastic! Probably the best control setup yet.
RP is a god send when your married with kids ;O

Indeed, married with child and remote play is great. Played through a fair chunk of Diablo 3 on the Vita. Also, anyone know when the digital pre-orders of Destiny will be downloading ready for Tuesday?

INS1GHTFUL 5 September, 2014 @ 3:49 pm   4

i used remote play also for the beta. it worked really well, especially not using the back touch pad which can be fiddly

graphicology 5 September, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   5

Remote play and Destiny is going to save me from Strictly Come Dancing this year, my gaming time is limited this will help loads,

any other “when the kids are asleep and she’s gone to bed” players want to play add me

psn: Graphicology

Remote Play is great and it is nice to see that there are developers who take good care of this feature by customizing controls layout. However many of them dont care and use default scheme. Therefore I would love to see some settings, ability to customize Remote Play controls scheme and then use it in whatever game I want to play via RP. Hopefully in future firmware Sony?

enzo_ferrari1 5 September, 2014 @ 4:13 pm   7

Any chance of gyro aiming? It really helped in Killzone and Borderlands 2.

StefNighthawk 9 September, 2014 @ 12:30 pm

Gyro aiming does help in putting small adjustments to your aim. I liked it in Uncharted for Vita.

This is only somewhat related, but I would really like to know if there will ever be an update allowing us to chat whilst on remote play. For a game such as Destiny, communication is key in my eyes :/

Lt_Fed_Brusque 6 September, 2014 @ 12:20 am   9

I was also impressed how well this worked on remote play during the beta. Even sniping as a hunter was fun using the Vita’s analogue sticks.

Just one question… Is it possible to chat in-game while remote playing? I could never get that to work, even though the Vita has a built-in mic.

The3DGalaxian 6 September, 2014 @ 1:25 pm   10

I’ll probably try it out but I can’t see myself using it more than once or twice unless we see a dualshock 4 adapter for vita.

WYTHYwarrior2 8 September, 2014 @ 7:33 pm   11

Think I might buy this 2moz for ps4 and get some rp while the wife’s watching her soaps lol. Thank you bungie for the time you have taken to optimize the vitas controls for this game.;)