Posted

New Mercedes-AMG GT launches exclusively in DRIVECLUB on PS4

Get to grips with it in-game first, before it hits the roads next year

Hi, my name is Volker Zaiss and I work at Mercedes-Benz. What brings me here is the brand new Mercedes-AMG GT sports car, which I am proud to announce as the latest addition to the DRIVECLUB roster.

Even though the car will be released on the market in 2015, it’s going to be available exclusively in DRIVECLUB as free DLC right after the game’s launch. This is thanks to a close collaboration with the guys at Evolution Studios, who have been able to replicate the car in astonishing detail.

frame0000_00060

Well, despite not being as much of a gearhead as the engineers at AMG, who are responsible for the driving performance of the Mercedes-AMG GT, I also get a thrill from putting the pedal to the metal. When you hear the roaring engine sound and feel the power that thrusts you forward, it’s truly addictive. And DRIVECLUB does an excellent job of giving you that same extraordinary feeling. Experiencing the car while racing through beautifully rendered landscapes with the sunlight reflecting from the bonnet, and sharing in the excitement of racing for a club with my friends, what could be better?

I really hope you are going to enjoy racing the Mercedes-AMG GT in DRIVECLUB; something that non-gamers are going to have to wait until 2015 for, so be sure to not miss out on the free DLC.

frame0000_00076

And for all of you who want to warm up with friends in preparation for upcoming club battles, Mercedes-Benz is running a DRIVECLUB-themed competition: www.journeyofstars.com. It’s inspired by the game and follows the same principle: you create a club, invite friends from all over the world, compete in various challenges to get to the top of the leaderboard, and reap the rewards together.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

12 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

renaultmilton 9 September, 2014 @ 7:35 pm   1

I will get this Mercedes AMG GT in the game. Thanks for information 🙂

Will this also be available for the PS Plus Edition?

N9ne0sBaby 9 September, 2014 @ 8:00 pm   3

That’s pretty sweet. I’ve been waiting oh so patiently for this game, just one more month to go!

So when are we going to get details on pricing for PS+ Edition?

MaxDiehard 9 September, 2014 @ 10:04 pm

Uhh, PS+ Edition is free.

Garrus1712 9 September, 2014 @ 10:43 pm

I think he means the upgrade from PS+ Edition to full version. I think it was mentioned somewhere, can’t remember where, that you could download the full game discounted if you had the full version.

TrueMurton 10 September, 2014 @ 8:10 am

If I remember correctly the price that was called when they announced the PS+ Demo was 40 something quid, similar to retail.

Personally, I’m just gonna stick with the demo. Not a huge racing fan so racing games have to be really special to get my attention and DriveClub seems to missing that something special, its just a straight forward track racer albeit a very pretty one.

Skater_Ricky 9 September, 2014 @ 10:16 pm   5

I hope to find out when I can Preorder the game on the US PlayStation Store.

Nice. cant wait. less than a month left. =)

loadstone007s 10 September, 2014 @ 10:19 am   7

Looks great, really looking forward to this game.

fordgt40style 11 September, 2014 @ 8:58 pm   8

This is one of my favourite car of 2014 is fantastic I can’t wait to use it in DRIVECLUB.