PS Vita exclusive Murasaki Baby release date confirmed

And watch the first in a series of developer diaries from creator Ovosonico

Hi everyone, Massimo Guarini here from Ovosonico! Over the coming weeks we’re going to be releasing three developer diaries, sharing an insight in to the Ovosonico, the Murasaki Baby and the unique music behind the game.

This first video offers a deeper look into the Ovosonico, its creation and the team. We’re also pleased to announce that Murasaki Baby will be coming exclusively to PlayStation Vita on 17th September, 2014.

screenshot (22)

I founded the studio when I came back from Japan in 2011. I felt it was the right time for me to risk everything and try to set up a studio. We started pitching ideas to publishers in general and one of those was Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. The funny thing is that we were pitching to Sony a completely different game.

After some months of back and forth, and flying to London and Liverpool, I happened to have in my bag this five slide presentation with the little black and white baby that you know now and said, “Hey guys, what do you think about this?” They thought the idea was cool! I flew back home and the very next morning I received a call from the same producer and he said, “‘You know what, we want this one. We want to go with this one!”

screenshot (16)screenshot (11)

Check out the video to hear more about our studio from Fabio Paglianti, the Internal Producer here at Ovosonico. We hope you enjoy watching!

Murasaki Baby will be available for the PS Vita through PlayStation Store on 17th September for £7.99/€9.99.

Did you enjoy this?

25 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
loadstone007s 10 September, 2014 @ 2:04 pm   1

Very cool. Will definitely buy and enjoy.

How long is the game?

Nice. I’d like to thank my family and friends for their support, I’d never have made it this far without them. Murasaki Baby looks weird btw.

David-Gooner 10 September, 2014 @ 2:09 pm   4

Finally! 7 days to… play!

Awesome! I know what I’ll treat myself for birthday. 😉

thekillingspree 10 September, 2014 @ 2:15 pm   6

My digital wallet is ready.

great , for my birthday too, but im pretty sure like most vita exclusive titles, it will ported to ps3 or ps4 soon… very soon.. unfortunatly , because its game like this that make the personnality of a console.

Time to feed my poor PS Vita. I’ll buy this very first moment after SCEE give me option to delete Singrats from my PS3.

Not a bad price if this game is fairly long, And thanks for supporting Vita

Gloom12356776543 10 September, 2014 @ 2:23 pm   10

Platinum ? 🙂

madmanwithabox12 10 September, 2014 @ 2:24 pm   11

Been following this game since it was announced at Gamescom 2013. Can’t wait to finally get my hands on it this month! ^_^

Wow, last year GTA V was released on my birthday this year Murusaki baby. I can only assume last guardian next year to finish the awesome trilogy…. Because everything has to have a trilogy.

Can’t wait to see more of baby’s adorable yet creepy laugh 🙂

Looking forward to this unique experience.

This title makes me more excited to play, than any killzone/uncharted ever did. Love the art direction. Fingers crossed. 😀

HomessaHomem 10 September, 2014 @ 3:56 pm   17

thekillingspree 10 September, 2014 @ 4:02 pm   18

Being it a SCE published game (I think), it would be nice to see some Plus discount (like it happened with Hohokum at the day of release) but, nonetheless, BRING IT ON!! 😀

Thanks for supporting Vita. Can’t wait to play this next week!

are we getting the same 20% discount that the NA store is?

iamdark1988 10 September, 2014 @ 5:56 pm   21

Art style reminds me of Roman Dirge’s “Lenore, the Cute Little Dead Girl”. Now… if only I owned a Vita…

thekillingspree 10 September, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

I also thought of Lenore the very first time I saw the game, not sure if it’s only a coincidence or an actual influence, but the similarities are there. Goot thing I do own a Vita and I am, indeed, getting this precious little thing next week :3

Ah fantastic! Been waiting for this game for a long time now. And only a few more days to wait 😀

Nice to know pasta day makes the game possible :p

As I read that I was waiting for the “pre order the season pass for only £600”. At least indie games keep it real and deliver a fully inclusive game.

zalwelgoedgaan 10 September, 2014 @ 9:41 pm   24

I want to bake a lemon cake for that girl and slam dunk it into that cute upside down mouth of hers.

…what? It’s perfectly natural.