Gran Turismo 6 update adds new cars, tracks and game modes

A wealth of brand new content leaves the garage today

Hello GT fans. We’re happy to announce that update 1.12 is now available to download for Gran Turismo 6. This update brings a host of new features and content to your garage and racing experience. Here is just a taste of what’s now available:

Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo

The design concept FT-1 is honed to perfection in this rendition to enhance its features and designs required for pure racing competition. The designers’ original intention in designing the FT-1 was to unabashedly appeal to the die-hard car enthusiasts. This car can be earned by completing just one lap (regardless of lap time) in the new limited time FT-1 Seasonal Event.

Gran Turismo 6 FT-1

Online Quick Match

Quick Match is a simple online racing mode that lets you take part in events with pre-determined regulations. When each individual event is entered, player matching takes place automatically, followed by the race itself. By selecting “Quick Match” from the My Home screen you can now quickly and easily join a race with players around the world.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

Sierra Time Rally at Circuito de la Sierra

In our first original long course “Circuito de la Sierra”, modeled after the Ronda region of Spain, players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time. The time remaining can be extended by passing through checkpoints in the 12 different sectors of the course. During your drive you can raise your score and combo level by successfully overtaking vehicles and passing through speed traps along the way. Be careful, any impact to the barriers or other cars will cause your combo to be lost.

In addition to the new game mode, the Circuito de la Sierra track can be played in both offline single player and online race modes.

Nissan GT-R NISMO edition

The GT-R NISMO is the ultimate articulation of the R35 GT-R. First released in 2007, Nissan engineers have been meticulously honing the GT-R’s performance with each version of the car that has followed. This latest version has set the fastest volume production car record at the famous Nordschleife (North Course) on Germany’s Nurburgring with a time of 7:08.679 with its retuned suspension, updated turbochargers and increased downforce. The new GT-R NISMO edition will be awarded as a free gift to everyone who participated in this year’s GT Academy online event.

For more info, check out and the official GT Facebook page.

Did you enjoy this?

20 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Can you guys PLEASE add an option to upload replays to youtube or an external storage? , I would like to watch and share my GT6 replays to friends , instead of turning on my PS3 to watch them .

alice_push_lara2 16 September, 2014 @ 7:25 am   2

wow the GTR looks sexy!

–> now bring this game to PS4!!!<–

Awesome. It’s great you keep updating the game with that stuff for free. Other publishers (Codemasters) would charge like 10 euro for that track.

So when is the game getting b-spec?

cue happy motorracing fan (me) today, i will download this update ASAP (ps how long does it take to update?)

loadstone007s 16 September, 2014 @ 9:17 am   6

We want GT on the PS4!

Alphaembryo 16 September, 2014 @ 9:24 am   7

Good update.
Still, I m waiting for ”soundz” to buy the game.

icecrasher_zero 16 September, 2014 @ 11:30 am

You will die waiting. I don’t see any problems with “soundz”.

TVsportsCOD 16 September, 2014 @ 11:49 am

@ icecrasher_zero play Forza 5 then say GT6 “soundz” are fine.

Alphaembryo 16 September, 2014 @ 1:12 pm

Firstly, stop seeing sounds and start hearing them.
    Then, if the problem persists and you cant find any difference between the sound of a real car and its digital counterpart, there are specific doctors that might help you.

Regarding GT6: I dont hold my breath. I rented it and almost completed it in two days. The problem with GT6 is that Polyphony cant seem to get money from me (and, im sure, a lot others) for their product. Especially, when CARS is around the corner…

Alphaembryo, what exactly did you “almost complete” in two days?! I’ve been playing the game for 10 months now and still haven’t seen everything that was on disc, let alone all the content they have released in updates since.

Gran Turismo is not a game you rent, or “complete”. Maybe something like Need For Speed may suit your tastes better.

Alphaembryo 16 September, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

The “almost complete” phrase was refering to the trophies of the game. I got 82% of them in two days. Indeed, other than that, GT is not a game one completes.

What I was trying to say was that in only two days I managed to win all special events, golden all licenses, unlock all tiers. In other words, I played it enough to see what it has to offer. And its not good enough to warrant a purchase as it is, mainly because of the sounds. If they deliver the sounds, Im good to go. If not, by second hand ill get my hands on it again. Until then, I have CARS to look forward to.

For the record, I ve been playing GT from GT1, played every installment to death. Played them for years. It must be one of my most played game/series ever, really. But after a decade, the competition is high. There seem to be better racers out there for some of us…

Huge update with free content, it’s pretty unbelievable nowadays. Thank you, PD.

The FT1 is great to drive. Sierra time rally is really fun even in the Fiat 500. I’ll try quick match this evening, sounds like a nice addition. All in all a nice update, thanks!

Yay, free stuff! Thanks

James Hawkins 16 September, 2014 @ 2:37 pm   12

The Concept GT car looks so sleek! can’t wait to drive that!

I doubt there’s been another game with so many substantial free updates. Fantastic service to racing fans from Polyphony and a great return to form after the shocking disappointment that was GT5.

I am not able to update GT6 from version 1.0 to 1.12!

Any advise?