Posted

Minecraft PS4 Edition disc release confirmed for 3rd October

Mojang’s world-building sensation arrives in stores next month

Hello everyone! As many of you will already know, Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition has been available from PlayStation Store since the beginning of the month. Following the successful digital launch, we are pleased to announce that the retail disc version will be available from 3rd October.

For those looking for the ultimate Minecraft experience, the PS4 Edition features worlds 36 times bigger than the ones you might be used to on PS3. Existing players are able to import PS3 saves to the PS4 Edition, allowing them to continue work on their immense structure or delve even deeper towards the Nether.

Also, to ensure you have the best Minecraft experience possible on the PS4, be on the look out for a day 1 patch available on 3rd October.

In other Minecraft related news, for those waiting for the PS Vita Edition, we’ll have more information on this in a few weeks and will include full details on how the Cross-Buy works between the PS3 and PS Vita Editions.

Thanks for reading and see you in the world of Minecraft PS4!

Minecraft PS4

Please note: PS3/PS Vita cross-buy offer expires 25/2/16, all outstanding vouchers will be honoured.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

21 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thanks, Microsoft 😉

European_Gamer 18 September, 2014 @ 4:08 pm

I don’t think they had a choice. Mojang have a publishing agreement/contract with Sony that they probably can’t breach.

loadstone007s 18 September, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   2

Would love to see a Vita bundle 🙂
But for me the digital Vita version would be enough. And cross-buy with PS4 (I got greedy).

Regarding Minecraft… and Vita version…

There is one comment on the internet that describes perfectly our situation. It was written just after it was revelead that Microsoft bought Mojang.

“That awkward moment when Microsoft is supporting Vita more than Sony ”
by Jacko11 from CVG

So any news about Vita version? Hmm? Our dearest SCEE? It’s not really my cup of tea, but as people mentioned it would be good idea to bundle it with Vita. It won’t become system seller but… let’s be frank… it has more chances than Fifa 15 with 4GB card.

andrewsqual 18 September, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

Microsoft are doing Freedom Wars??? When this happen??? Oh wait……………………………

@andrewsqual
    Can’t slip a chance to pick a fight with me, ehh?
    Ain’t you cute? I would pinch your lil cheeks!

“for those waiting for the PS Vita Edition, we’ll have more information on this in a few weeks”

What? More information on this in a few weeks? Not even a release date in a few weeks?

And Notch said you were talented programmers…

Quit messing around MS!

Surprised Microsoft didn’t cancel it(they must be up to something, maybe soon a pay by the hour thing just for PS Owners…) 😀

irishoholic 18 September, 2014 @ 6:48 pm

Mojang promised lifetime of Free updates, now that obligation is out the window, MS will probably charge for future updates (new items, mobs, etc…)

They spent $2.5bn on this game, they’ll be looking their money back now

alphastreamz 18 September, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   6

So when i start up the disc version on my ps4… will i see now a Microsoft logo?

renaultmilton 18 September, 2014 @ 4:29 pm   7

Microsoft has bought Mojang… Will Updates Such as TU14, Skin Packs and Texture packs will continue?

supersmith2500 18 September, 2014 @ 4:39 pm   8

Doesn’t look like we’ll see the Vita version this month after all. :\

I think October could be a big month for Vita releases.

madmanwithabox12 18 September, 2014 @ 8:38 pm

Which is also a bad thing, because the sales are going to eat into each other. =/

It would be nice to get the Vita version of a big game at the same time as the other versions for once, but Vita is ALWAYS nothing but an afterthought – Borderlands 2, Minecraft, The Wolf Among Us, Disney Infinity… they all come when it’s already too little too late.

zalwelgoedgaan 18 September, 2014 @ 5:14 pm   9

Must I buy an Xbox One to get the Vita version ASAP? I might take one for the team… :/

Looking forward to a Vita edition, cross buy from PS4 to Vita would be a bonus, but most importantly multiplayer between them….. Please?

ryannumber3gamer 18 September, 2014 @ 8:52 pm   11

Wow. Going to be interesting to see Minecraft go up against Smash Bros 3DS since both come out Oct 3rd.

Also, loving Minecraft PS4 so far, especially the massively expanded trophy list.

Scooby_007-Doo 19 September, 2014 @ 1:47 am   12

This game is a system seller. Great Great game. I played Many and Many hours on my PC. And now I will buy it for my PS4. Let’s hope Microsoft will it support well.

Microsoft Supports the Vita more than Sony

Uk-_-Morris 14 October, 2014 @ 12:48 pm   14

Can anyone please help me? I’m trying to get minecraft ps4 edition for 5 quid, as it says you can if you played ps3 minecraft before 28 aug, which i did. But when i go to the ps4 store, it still says 12quid, anyone help?