As many UK gamers will no doubt be aware, the annual EGX show kicks off at Earls Court in London tomorrow morning and, as ever, PlayStation will have a really strong presence. For the benefit of those heading down to the event over the next four days, here’s a quick summary of some of the highlights.
First up, we’ll have loads of great PS4 and PS Vita games playable on our stand. Come on by and try out the following:
- Assault Android Cactus
- Don’t Starve
- Ether One
- Final Horizon
- Flame Over
- Hotline Miami 2
- inFAMOUS First Light
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Minecraft PS4
- Minecraft PS Vita
- Murasaki Baby
- Nom Nom Galaxy
- Nuclear Throne
- Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
- PlayStation TV
- SingStar Ultimate Party
- Super Exploding Zoo
- Surgeon Simulator
- The Last of Us Remastered
- The Order 1886
- The Talos Principle
- Until Dawn
A number of PlayStation studios will also be hosting special developer sessions. Check out the official EGX site for a full timetable, but here are a few in particular to look out for:
- Thursday 25th September, 3.00pm: Roll7 exclusive announcement – The team behind OlliOlli and Not a Hero take to the stage to announce something brand new!
- Friday 26th September, 3.00pm: Until Dawn – XDev producers Garreg Hansen (Associate Producer, XDev) and Ray Khalastchi (Producer, XDev) present a live playthrough, with commentary, of Until Dawn. The session will be followed by an audience Q&A.
- Saturday 27th September, 4.00pm: Volume – Mike Bithell will be showing a few unseen mechanics from Volume, his upcoming PS4 stealth game, and doing live Q&A.
- Sunday 28th September, 1.00pm: Hellblade – Dominic Matthews will discuss Ninja Theory’s new title Hellblade, the studio’s bold independent approach and an update on the game’s development so far.
- Sunday 28th September, 4.00pm: Tearaway Unfolded – Rex Crowle & Michelle Ducker from Media Molecule present a playthrough of Tearaway Unfolded for PS4, highlighting the exciting new gameplay mechanics in this expanded retelling of the BAFTA award winning Tearaway.
If you aren’t able to make it to the show, all developer sessions are being livestreamed via the EGX Twitch channel.
Finally, we’re also hosting a packed timetable of events on our own stage in the PlayStation area, which will include giveaways, tournaments, live demos and signings. See the timetable on the showfloor for an up to date schedule
Have a great time if you are heading down to Earls Court, and remember to pack a pair of comfy shoes ;)