Posted

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype coming to PS Vita this winter

Portable version of popular PS3 shoot ‘em up is in the works

Hi everyone! I’m excited to let you know that we are bringing our shoot ’em up game Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype to PlayStation Vita this winter. The original PlayStation 3 version was a big hit with fans and we received a lot of requests for a PS Vita version. It was popular with the press as well, with IGN giving it 8.5/10 and awarding us the IGN Editiors’ Choice award.

Like all of our games, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype runs on a custom-built engine giving us excellent control over the PS Vita hardware. As a result, we are aiming for a console perfect port, running at 60 frames per second with little to no load times. To make high score and trophy hunting more exciting, the PS Vita version features separate high score tables and a new trophy set.

Soldner-X2_Screenshot01Soldner-X2_Screenshot02Soldner-X2_Screenshot03

All the cool features of the original game are still there, including up to 10 exciting stages, a dynamic score-linked difficulty system, three different player ships with more than 10 unique weapons and special limit attacks, challenge mode, online high score ranking, replay playback and lots more.

Söldner-X 2 also supports Cross-Buy. That means if you already own the game on PlayStation 3, you will be able to download the PS Vita version free of charge and vice versa. So don’t forget to look out for Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype on the PlayStation Store this winter!

Soldner-X2_Artwork1Soldner-X2_Screenshot04

Please let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments. And yes, we are still working on Rainbow Skies for PS3/PS Vita, which we plan to launch in 2015.

25 Comments
6 Author replies

Cool, I look forward to it!

Cross-buy is great, but i have to ask, what about the first ?

Marcus Pukropski 01 October, 2014 @ 15:20
2.1

Although we never say never, a Himmelsstürmer port is very unlikely at the moment I’m afraid.

Yes! I’ve been waiting for this to come to PS Vita, this kind of game is better suited on a handheld than a home console imo.

As a sidenote, maybe some great indie games of past years should be ported to PS4 and Vita, too. Especially the 4-player couch co-op ones, like Castle Crashers. But Soldner X 2 is a good start.

Marcus Pukropski 01 October, 2014 @ 15:32
3.1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree, more ports would be nice. However, to give you a little insight, our games are developed with our own custom inhouse engine, so a port is much more time consuming compared to games developed with i.e. Unity or Unreal engie. Other indies might have similar issues. We want to make sure that our ports are technically as perfect as possible, with very short loading times and constant 60 fps.

X_Blood_Curse_X 01 October, 2014 @ 15:17

On sale for PS3 right now, something to consider for cross-buy in future!

Seems to me like the perfect game for the vita. These kind of games do not make me fire up the PS3/PS4 but on the vita, these are great!

Indeed, we need more shooters like that on Vita. I hope for R-type some time…

madmanwithabox12 01 October, 2014 @ 15:27

+1 for the Vita love. It needs all it can get, so thumbs up!

I just wish Sony’s own Worldwide Studios cared as much as the indie community. Not a single first party game coming from outside of Studio Japan =/

I’m not counting X-Dev titles like Fat Princess: Piece of Cake or Run Sackboy Run because like it says on the tin… they’re externally developed, thus not Sony’s own studios.

zalwelgoedgaan 01 October, 2014 @ 15:27

YES! YES YES YES YES! This game looks so badass, can’t wait!

Does the Vita version include The Last Chapter dlc?

Marcus Pukropski 01 October, 2014 @ 15:37
8.1

The DLC is not included but still available. It’s basically the same thing as on PS3. However there might be a bundle with a discount but I haven’t any details right now.

Hey Marcus, will the DLC be cross-buy as well?

Marcus Pukropski 01 October, 2014 @ 16:13
8.3

Show more replies

Cool, i don’t have a Vita but Soldner-X 2 (and the first game) was one of the first PSN titles i’ve ever bought on PS3. Only did a single playthrough on it, though. :/

Marcus Pukropski 01 October, 2014 @ 15:40
9.1

Well that’s already impressive, considering the difficulty of the original unpatched SX1 release:)

I NEED THIS IN MY VITA!

Plot twist, you don’t have a Vita!

zalwelgoedgaan 01 October, 2014 @ 15:48
10.2

You too, huh?

Thanks Marcus for the answer. Looking forward to it.

psyhakiasman2 01 October, 2014 @ 16:22

I wonder how that gap came to be in my future wallet

zalwelgoedgaan 01 October, 2014 @ 16:27
12.1

I guess you were söld on the game, right?

psyhakiasman2 01 October, 2014 @ 16:40
12.2

yep

I purchased this on my US account ! Give us access to other regions on our Vitas Sony!!

awesome! still have a few trophies to grind out and the Vita seems like a good place to do it :D

Thanks for supporting VITA

thekillingspree 03 October, 2014 @ 11:08

I love shooters! I will soooo be all over this when it comes out! I might check that PS3 version before, since it’s said to be on sale now (I don’t own a PS3), with cross-buy in mind.

Above all, many thanks for listening to PS3 fans of the game and consequently supporting VITA!

thekillingspree 03 October, 2014 @ 11:16

Oh, and Rainbow Moon is such a lovely game! I bought it on sale some time ago, but it’s great to see it as a part of this month’s PS+ IGC lineup, I hope many other players will be able to enjoy it as well now :)
That being said, I’m looking forward to Rainbow Skies!

Well I am excited! Now roll on Soldner X3 on PS4 ;)

Marcus Pukropski 03 October, 2014 @ 13:11
18.1

Thanks to everyone for all your feedback:)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history