Posted

Tales of Hearts R: PlayStation TV compatibility confirmed, day 1 bonuses detailed

An update from Namco Bandai on its forthcoming portable JRPG

We are making Tales of Hearts R‘s 14th November launch on PlayStation Vita something to remember! The latest western JRPG release in the long standing ‘Tales of’ series will be compatible with PlayStation TV! Many of you asked for such a feature and we are more than happy to make the PlayStation TV’s launch even more awesome.

That’s not all however! In the tradition of previous ‘Tales of’ releases, we are happy to reveal more info on our pre-order and day one bonuses! Buy Tales of Hearts R on launch day and get three Tales of Vesperia costumes inside the box including the infamous Patty herself! Pre-order at participating retailers for an additional three costumes from a range of previous ‘Tales of’ games!

NBGE_TOHR_MOCK-UP_Global

Inside the box you will also find a ticket allowing you to participate in a draw to win one of five exclusive limited editions, the Soma Link Edition, which includes:

• The Japanese Collector’s Edition as is!
  • A unique video by ‘Tales of’ producer Hideo Baba for each winner!
  • A personalised collector’s outer case!

If you’d rather get the game digitally, buying it at launch on the PSN nets you six bonus costumes!

NBGE_TOHR_MOCK-UP_Digital

We’re also continuing our new tradition of releasing character avatars: Tales of Hearts R avatars of the main characters will be available on launch day.

Save the date: Tales of Hearts R is coming to PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV on 14th November! Join the community on http://facebook.com/tales and http://twitter.com/talesofu, and bookmark http://www.talesofgame.com to keep up to date on the latest ‘Tales of’ info!

Screen (5)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

33 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

So excited for this to arrive. And glad to see its going tob e working with PS TV! And yay for PSN Avatars!
Kinda sad about no ArtBook with the game, like with previous Day 1 Tales Of games. But oh well. Guess its difficult to do with a Vita game 😛
Is there a list of retailers who will be selling the game with the DLC pre-orders? Sadly having a difficult time finding a retailer around here, and prefer the box, over digital~

Awesome stuff, can’t wait for this title to be released

Wow I didn’t realise it was out so soon I thought 2015 for some reason!
SO backlogged on my Vita but I will still buy this and Freedom Wars day 1 to support the system.

mike-yazuka 10 October, 2014 @ 7:54 pm   4

Awesome news! Glad to hear about it being playable on PlayStation TV. Have my copy of the game on preorder since a while back. Looking forward to play this. Do you know what Swedish retailers will have the preorder bonus? GameStop?

Lord_Gremlin 10 October, 2014 @ 8:33 pm   5

Can’t help but feel that day 1 bonuses for such a bloody OLD game is kind of a joke.
Also, remind me again why Tales of Vesperia itself never got localized?

I still can’t get through Xillia 2. Every one of these “Tales” games takes like 200 hours to complete, I’ll give them that. Hideo Baba likes his stories told very, veeery slowly I see…
@ThugETH I’m also soo backlogged it’s not even funny. That list of Vita games with 1% trophies on my profile hurts…

i know how you feel i love the tales series but they need so much time 2 finish i just ain’t got the time.

@Isshak
I’ve preordered it ages ago… but
I want to make sure, that draw is for whole EU right? There won’t be anything like “SUPRISE it is for UK citizens only” right? I asked the same question on your community page, and nobody replied 🙁 I want to make sure because previous events on Amazon were restricted for UK citizens only 🙁 ow boy and I wanted to win Baba-san signature so much 🙁

Anyway now time for my usual Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse

Please reconsider releasing SAO properly with nice retail edition and with fixed language. As you see it is top 1 game since last 2 months. Come on, please release it like you should have from the very beginning. Add some content and voila you have definitive edition of maybe GOTY game. That would be probably nice thing as a Christmas present. Or just release it in dual box with SAO 3.

I’d buy SAO retail day 1. Digital – I’m waiting for a sale. Sony – draw you own conclusions.

Where can I pre-order ToH in Poland to get this extra stuff?

@Scisca
    Hmm… dunno. I’m ordering from Amazon.co.uk

BUT I’ve just noticed good offer on Ultima.pl
    139 zł (26 GBP) that’s very good price for polish standards, for comparison Freedom Wars which costs only 22 GBP on amazon in Poland costs 34 GBP… and we don’t even earn as much as Britons right?

And let’s not forget that on Ultima you can pick “paczkomat” (packstation) which costs like… nothing… I mean it’s less than 1 GBP.

So yeah… I might cancel my order on amazon if ultima.pl will also include that “draw”

tales-fan-binky 10 October, 2014 @ 8:42 pm   7

Thank you so much for making Tales of Hearts R compatible with Playstation TV!!!

@Isshak
I’ve preordered it ages ago… but

I want to make sure, that draw is for whole EU right? There won’t be anything like SUPRISE it is for UK citizens only right? I asked the same question on your community page, and nobody replied 🙁 I want to make sure because previous events on Amazon were restricted for UK citizens only 🙁 ow boy and I wanted to win Baba-san signature so much 🙁

Also…

Please reconsider releasing Sword Art Online properly with nice retail edition and with fixed language. As you see it is top 1 game since last 2 months. Come on, please release it like you should have from the very beginning. Add some content and voila you have definitive edition of maybe GOTY game. That would be probably nice thing as a Christmas present. Or just release it in dual box with Sword Art Online 3.

(huh… I’ve trouble with moderation… dunno what is wrong :/)

Heavyman99 10 October, 2014 @ 9:41 pm   9

Tales of Vesperia costumes. On a Vita Tales game?! HOLY COW. Tales of Vesperia: Complete Edition (name pending) might come to Vita! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I own the Xbox version, though.

At the risk of repeating my post over on the North American PS Blog post, has Bandai Namco Europe been keeping tabs on the recently-announced Sword Art Online: Lost Song?

it’s due out for Vita and PS3 over in Japan next year, and I’m hoping that the chart-topping success of SAO:HF on both sides of the Atlantic might help make localizing the next game in that series (and for both platforms) more viable an option for Bamco to consider.

Tuulenpoika 10 October, 2014 @ 9:54 pm   11

I would really like you to make the pre-order bonus apply to other stores in the Nordic countries besides Gamestop. Since not everyone lives in the vicinity of GameStop stores, getting a physical copy on a release date AND getting the pre-order bonus may prove to be needlessly difficult and costly or even impossible.

It has been a fantastic year for Bandai Namco as far as I am concerned.

Tales of Xillia 2, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, Tales of Hearts R.

You’ve supported the Vita when even Sony have abandoned it, and proved that JRPGs are still a viable and much loved genre when every other company is jumping on the FPS bandwagon and pumping out another military/futuristic shooter clone, and for that I absolutely salute you.

The only possible gripe I have with recent Tales Of games is that there’s perhaps a little too much of the costumes and such, that used to be given as minigame and quest prizes, going to paid DLC, which isn’t a good move in my book – I’d rather pay £5 more up front and have all this stuff in game as rewards for gameplay and side-quests than buy the game and have to pay microtransactions for the bonuses.

Tales of Hearts R will be a Day One buy for me, and it is good to hear that it will be PlayStation TV compatible.

Can you also confirm that Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be compatible on PlayStation TV here, as it is in Japan, as it doesn’t feature on the official compatibility list that Sony released.

I know you won’t have any information as to Sword Art Online: Lost Song as yet, since it has only just been announced for Japan, so I’m not even going to ask about that, but I can’t imagine that we won’t get it in some form or another after the massive chart-topping success of Hollow Fragment (hopefully with less Engrish though LOL.)

Keep up the good work.

ShuYinOnTheWay 10 October, 2014 @ 10:18 pm   13

Woah, that’s nice to hear! Really looking forward to ToHR now! I’m glad they considered making the game functional with PS TV.

More Vesperia costumes? How about releasing the game in the west on PS3/PS4?

Yoooooo. Gets me more and more hyped after each new post.

FatMachismo 11 October, 2014 @ 10:18 am   16

This is all awesome news, I’ve nearly convinced my wife that buying a PSTV is a good idea, and this looks to be the cherry on top for me! 😀 They ARE launching on the same day after all ;D

Good to see Malik costume, although he won’t have a watermelon on his nose like my Malik :'(

HomessaHomem 11 October, 2014 @ 12:20 pm   17

I WANT A RETAIL VERSION OF SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW FRAGMENT TOO!

smile_taisou 11 October, 2014 @ 1:21 pm   18

Could you list all the participating retailers? I don’t know where should I pre-order this, and would prefer to avoid Amazon, since they are always late with shipping pre-orders to my address. ;_;

Hmm… I would say pick Amazon it is safest option.

When did you last order something from Amazon? Why do I ask… well recently the opened huge storages in Poland. Now big part of packages to Center and East Europe are being sent from Poland. If I’m not mistaken one of them, either that in Wrocław or Poznań is the biggest Amazon storage in Europe.

So yeah, that is why I said that it is safest option. When I pre-ordered Xillia 2 from Amazon (after one of the local shops failed to deliver day-1 edition, can you imagine? They called to me day before release saying that they don’t have limited editions + I have to pay more even to get the standard one) I got my delivery one day after release.

Not bad, right? Of course it is a gamble, and deliveries and GBP are quite expensive… but still most probably you will pay less.

TrueMurton 11 October, 2014 @ 8:40 pm

Archacus makes a good point, but furthermore Amazon have just launched their own courier company which has done away with the reliance in local post. Dunno what your regular mail carrier is like but mine are a bunch of work shy commies who sooner call a strike than deliver something larger than a standard envelope. So you never know, your recent problems night not even be Amazon’s fault but your mail carrier.

We are lucky that “standard delivery” for products kept in Amazon storage (meaning not 3rd party sellers who keep products themselves) is being done via DHL (courier).

I would say avoid other British shops… like zavi or hut. Not because those shops are bad, but because of British Royal Mail. Last time I ordered game (deception IV – pretty neat) some bloody fool thought that Poland is not part member of EU, thus they kept package on airport’s custom clearance point for over a week (maybe even two weeks).

Jamesyp00 11 October, 2014 @ 2:15 pm   19

Absolutley ecstatic at the news, i was getting the PSTV anyway just for dissidia 012 on my tv but im so happy i can play this game too!

Chocobo115 11 October, 2014 @ 5:23 pm   20

Will this be the closest i get to play Tales of vesperia on a playstation system?

Querdenker 11 October, 2014 @ 5:29 pm   21

Oh, a Patty costume. So, what are our chances of finally getting a localized version of Tales of Vesperia PS3? Of course, a Vita version would be cool as well.

DavisonACT 12 October, 2014 @ 4:04 am   22

Glad to see the game – but 3 more costumes? Lame. Whatever happened to day 1 art books and/or soundtracks which both my Tales of Graces F and Tales of Xillia came with?

loadstone007s 12 October, 2014 @ 8:44 am   23

This is all really nice, but I’m not that fond of Japanese games. I love Persona 4 Golden, but I’m more into Western games… so please, more big budget titles. Please… I’m desperate here.

Witcher70 12 October, 2014 @ 9:46 pm   24

LOOOL costumes !!! how boring!! BRING Tales of Vesperia to PS3/PS4 please! I want to play it on my PS3/PS4 Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

can we get some confirmation if tales of zestiria get’s japanese dub. cause kinda tired how you guys keep avoiding that question all together at every Tales interview.