Posted

The Last of Us Game of the Year Edition hits PS3 next month

The ultimate version of Naughty Dog’s epic action adventure comes to PS3

We’re really happy to announce that in Europe from 11th November, you’ll be able to get your hands on The Last of Us Game of the Year Edition. With over 250 Game of the Year Awards, and countless other industry accolades under its belt including five BAFTAs, there really are few games that deserve the title as much as The Last of Us.

TLOU PS3

The Last of Us Game of the Year Edition will be available exclusively on PS3 and, along with the original game, will also include all the major DLC releases:

• Left Behind – Delve into Ellie’s past in this single-player prequel chapter
  • Abandoned Territories & Reclaimed Territories – Fight for survival in eight multiplayer maps
  • Grounded Mode – A harder single-player difficulty mode

The edition will be available at €39.99 RRP across Europe, and with all the bonus content and the award-winning game in one place, this is a great chance for those who have yet to experience the game of the generation to give it a go.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hopefully the PS4 version will go on sale on US PSN soon so I don’t have to get the crappy censored version you’re selling in Europe.

fireburn95 23 October, 2014 @ 8:25 pm

Is it censored? The UK ps3 version didnt have blood, but the UK ps4 version had all the blood and gore in mp

KaneTheGoth 23 October, 2014 @ 9:50 pm

Fireburn, how sure are you? I’m pretty sure it was announced here by ND themselves that the PS4 version would be the same censored version the PS3 has.

Where are Walking Dead S1&2 for PS4 and DriveClub in EU PS Store? TLoA already passed on PS3 and PS4

Assassin-_-MerKz 23 October, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

the walking dead is delayed till 31st

TrueMurton 23 October, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

TellTale delayed TWD until 31st.

DriveClub, I assume you’re talking about the PS+ version. Rumour is that due to a major issue with the way DriveClub connects online means that the PS+ version won’t be possible without totally destroying online for everyone and the suits are looking for an exit strategy on the PS+ version as they’re going to have to cancel it.

Porcupeth00 23 October, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

Murton stop spreading baseless rumours.

TrueMurton 23 October, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

Rushy himself has confirmed that the issue is with the game, not the servers. Plenty of posts NeoGaf from developers and other area experts are suggesting that launching the PS+ would cause the system to cave in.

Is Sony want to stop rumours there’s a simple enough solution. Post an update containing the facts. Until then, the rumours coming from NeoGaf are all we have.

Porcupeth00 23 October, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

and what does it being a game problem have to do with that rumour? In fact it just demolishes the rumour because it means the servers are capable of bearing with the PS+ edition and it’s just a matter of patching the game
    I suggest you waste less time on NeoGaf
    And Evo already came out and said the PS+ edition is still coming. They are not gonna keep repeating it every time someone asks the same question.

ShovelFighter_89 23 October, 2014 @ 1:26 pm   3

Hey, will Hatred be coming to PS4? Because that game lloks awesome!

ScooterMix 23 October, 2014 @ 3:06 pm

Looks a great game but game most violent game ever and if that game dont get banned why ManHunt2 should get banned.

You should ask the developers maybe. I don’t think you would see PR for it on SCE’s side if there would be a PS version. (and rightfully see imo)

Game looks meh to me and is certainly not for me, but to each his own.

I’m certainly not for prohibiting those kind of games from hitting the market though, as controversial as they might be in story/premise/gameplay. Any creator should be able to create the game he wants to make imo. The power is in the consumers their hands imo eventually and they can judge for themselves if it’s worth if for them or not.

i might double dip for the trophies, i know it’s bad but i can’t help myself lol i hope its sells for cheap.

Victoorius 23 October, 2014 @ 2:03 pm   5

Been through three times, twice on PS3, once on PS4. Will skip it.

DLC will be physically on disc or as a download code?

If it’s like their other games, physically on disc, separate DLC on digital (if they make a GOTY digital bundle, that is)

ScooterMix 23 October, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   7

Well this should been reaslie same time ps4 vision should sold even more.

I found out MS getting GTA San Andres in HD and achievments for xbox360 so sony gets ps2 vision with no HD and Tropics I guess we left out again Sony needs new mangerment and new mangerment for psn in euope.

madmanwithabox12 23 October, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   8

Before I start, let me say that I love The Last of Us. It was my GotY last year, I believe it’s probably the game of that generation and certainly one of the best games of all time.

However… this is just unnecessary. What is the point of this? You’ve already done a definitive version on PS4. Who’s going to want a half-baked version on PS3? The majority of people who wanted to play The Last of Us will have done so on PS3 or PS4 already… Another PS3 version is just silly honestly.

Me. 😛

Haven’t played it yet and I don’t have a PS4.

Not silly at all imo, it saves me some money compared to buying the game now + Left Behind expansion.

I don’t have access to retail games market data or something, but I think you’re underestimating how much an acclaimed game still sells long after launch. I imagine having a GOTY-edition will make it sell more and the cover might be more eye-catching with the GOTY label.

medenko1975 23 October, 2014 @ 8:15 pm

This won’t sell at all.

It’s just a GOTY edition. Most games that receive GOTY awards will be getting such one.

sab_ka_aka 23 October, 2014 @ 4:33 pm   9

Can we expect to see discounts for any of the following PS3 games in the near future:

Ratchet and Clank Nexus
Xcom: Enemy Within
Diablo 3
Heavy Rain
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish
Rage
?

THE_FORCE 23 October, 2014 @ 9:32 pm   10

We’d like to apologise to our viewers in the north. It must be awful for them.

No 3D, no point. Why would I buy the same game twice? Naughty Dog are the masters of 3D after Uncharted 3 and they squandered it with TLOU, what a shame. Moving on.

happyman778 25 October, 2014 @ 6:36 pm   12

Is this available to pre-order, as I cannot not find it on Amazon.co.uk or GAME.co.uk?

I have the original version, but I never bought the DLC or the PS4 edition, so I wouldn’t mind buying the PS3 edition again with the DLC bundled in.

Oh that game that doesn’t work properly on most [deleted] Ultra Slim PS3 with it’s cheap build? I had to replace my Last of Us disc three times, and just doesn’t work on TWO PS3 I’ve tried it on.