Posted

Details on exclusive content for returning GTAV players

New activities and items for players coming back to Los Santos on PS4

Ever since we announced Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation 4, some of you have been asking if there will be anything extra for those PS3 players who are planning on picking up the new version. To reward loyal GTAV fans for coming back to the newer, more detailed version of Los Santos and Blaine County, we’ve created an array of exclusive items specifically for these players – with each of them connected to activities designed for you to experience the game’s massive world in new and exciting ways. Here are some of the new items and activities that will be available for returning players:

The Dodo seaplane

The Dodo seaplane: It may take a little firepower to get your hands on this highly versatile GTA classic.

New Events & Rewards

Encounter new events happening all across the world, and complete the challenges they present to unlock exclusive new vehicles like the menacing Imponte Duke O’Death and that veritable GTA classic bird of flight, the Dodo seaplane.

The Imponte Duke O'Death

The Imponte Duke O’Death: As you might expect, when you first stumble upon this near-indestructible mayhem machine, trouble will follow. Deal with it judiciously and this beauty’s all yours.

Murder Mystery

As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you’ll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.

Weapons: The Rail Gun & Hatchet

Obliterate your adversaries with the high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun. This piece of experimental military technology also has its own set of Shooting Range Challenges at your local Ammu-Nation shooting range. Or hack and slash foes up close and personal with the brutal Hatchet melee weapon.

Weapons The Rail Gun & Hatchet

The futuristic new Rail Gun unloads powerful rounds of explosive ammunition upon foes

Wildlife Photography Challenge

There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them. As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.

Wildlife Photography

Completing the Wildlife Photography Challenge will unlock the Kraken Sub

Stock Car Races

Win a series of new Stock Car Races to earn unique custom Muscle Cars adorned with logos from some of the companies that made this country great.

Stock Car Races

Finish first in the new Stock Car Races to earn new Muscle Cars

Monkey Mosaics

A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.

Monkey Mosaics

Take to the skies in the faster and more maneuverable Xero Blimp

New Vehicles and More

Grind up the Los Santos freeways (and over anybody in your path) with the Cheval Marshall monster truck and take to the skies in a faster and more maneuverable Blimp, compliments of Xero Gas.

There will also be a bounty of content for all players, new and returning, to discover – including a fleet of classic GTA vehicles and a few more surprises we’ve got planned that you’ll have to discover for yourself come game day. And as previously announced, current GTA Online players on PS3 will be able to pick up where they left off, transferring their characters and progression seamlessly to PlayStation 4 (Social Club membership required).

New Vehicles and More

Few objects are an obstacle for the intimidating Cheval Marshall.

In addition, anyone who pre-orders the game will receive a bonus of GTA$1M ($500k for Story Mode and $500k for use in Grand Theft Auto Online).

Visit the Rockstar Games Newswire for more info.

93 Comments
0 Author replies

And we newcomers aren’t getting this at all?

1.1

I hope we get some of this stuff at some point! Particularly the wildlife photography, which sounds cool..

1.2

That ridiculous if true, I bought a ps3 second hand which doesn’t go online so i would be a returning player but cause my ps3 doesnt go online i will not get these features?. To be honest you are lucky enough to still have interest in this year old game to yet not allow all features to every person who pays upto £55 pound. Get realistic make this available to everyone or its simply not worth it..

Stop whining we paid a totall of 140 euro’s to both games, these are minor extra features anyway

Show more replies

Didn’t pick up GTA V on PS3 because of the soul shattering disappointment that was GTA IV. What’s the status with this whole San Andreas disappearing from the PS Store? Can I expect San Andreas to reappear tomorrow with Trophy Support? If so, I’m in. :)
Didn’t read the post above though, sorry. How is Bully 2 coming along by the way?

2.1

You Didn’t pick up GTA V? Boy you missed out! Definitely get it on ps4 then!

2.2

I’m not trying to make a statement here based on all that hullabaloo over the 4 Assassins in AC Unity and they are all male from E3 2014, I made this opinion way before it became a thing. So here goes.
I was never going to be interested in the game because of GTA IV. Then I heard in in Nov 2012 there was going to be 3 playable characters and thought “wouldn’t it actually be incredible if one of the main characters was female?”. Turned out to be 3 dudes. They wouldn’t even take that risk.

However if the game was €30 on PS4, I would surely pick it up but definitely not for full price. Would still love to see Bully 2 though :)

Skipping it because GTA IV was a disappointment? Boy, you might have not paid enough attention to the media. Skipping this game was one of the most cruel things you could have ever done to yourself. Definitely get it for PS4. The attention to detail is fantastic. Trust me on this one.

PS: GTA IV wasn’t that bad. I had tens of hours of fun with the ‘Swingset of Death’ glitch.

Show more replies

First post ^^ I think that’s a small price to pay for not buying PS3 version, then having to pay full price Again, if you decide to.. The incentives/rewards to ‘returning’ players really aren’t good enough imo, others though will gladly buy this again without any incentives/rewards, if it’s a good game why not?. I own ps3 one for long time but still haven’t bothered too much with it, looks good but just drowning in unplayed games, then ps4 finally started getting content, anyway I just hope I get a decent trade back, as I went physical for PS3 one of this.

No no, mister superman, he no here. And you no first. :)

3.2

He was referring to the first post, not claiming he was first.

3.3

Sorry, I meant my comment was for first poster.

Show more replies

I would prefer discount, not to buy the same game twice..

4.1

Same for me. These rewards are not good enough for me to buy the game at a full price again. Not enough incentive to spend my hard earned money. However, even without any reward, but with a discount for those we own the game on PS3, you could count on me.

supersmith2500 28 October, 2014 @ 14:38

Hey Rockstar, you know when I upgrade to the PS4 version from the PS3. Will I still keep my single player save data via the cloud?

5.1

No, it’s online progression only.

5.2

Selfish of me but am glad I didn’t invest more time in this, only played first mission then online ‘madness’, lots of exploration etc, at least it should have a unique trophy set then?, I mean IF sp progression doesn’t count then surely, for those who care it will be, suck if not.
Not had it that long really, around four/five months, £29.99 so hopefully I will get more than £10 back on it?. That’s IF I even go down the upgrade version route, impressive as it looks, the PS3 vers isn’t too bad either, so might just keep hold, still has it’s same spot (PS3) it’s always had, in tv stand etc.

No doubt timed exclusives. Would have rather had 50% off or something for already buying the digital PS3 version.

If anyone’s wondering if you’ll also get these extra’s if you haven’t played GTA V on PS3, but you did on the other console (the one that shall not be named!): it seems the answer is “yes”. At least, that’s how I interpret the blog post on Rockstar’s own website.

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 17:35
7.1

Yea wat youri n i said new and old gtaV gamers get all new goodies

Is this all going to be available in next gen multiplayer?

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 17:34
8.1

All gtaV online free dlc will be ready on ps4 for you

@R*Q Will progress on GTA V Online be transferred both ways too? And could I unlock all trophies in both consoles by transferring the progress?

e.g. I play up to level 100 on PS4, can I go back and play GTAV on PS3, and get all the trophies I got on PS4?

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 17:34
9.1

No once you transfer it to ps4 its locked and cant be reverced to ps3

for the returning player a major discount …would be a better incentive…..shouldnt have play full price twice blah blah blah …moan over

1. Visit friend that owns GTAV for PS3
2. Ask friend to make you a cup of coffee
3. While friend is in kitchen making coffee – Turn on friends PS3, make a new user and log in with your PSN
4. If friend is back for coffee – ask for a cup of tea
5. While friend is in kitchen making tea – Start up GTAV, make a save (on your account)
6. Upload save to your cloud – you should now be eligible for exclusive PS4 content
7. Quickly delete your user account from friends PS3
8. Accept cup of tea. Drink coffee. Drink tea. Laugh like a maniac!

11.1

You dont even need to upload to the cloud, its tracked by rockstars social club not by sonys servers!

GamingNinja259 16 November, 2014 @ 12:35
11.2

Bauer007 does that mean I can transfer my old GTA V data from my old PSN on my PS3 to my new PSN on my PS4!

Nice, now if only I could have friends like that, it’s ‘make your own’ with mine, and that’s on a good day, when they’ve even got stuff in cupboard, messin.. Not about them making tea/coffee bit though.

ScrewThePooch 28 October, 2014 @ 15:24

Oh yes!, the yellow stock car is the Stallion!!!!!!
R* answered my prayers :)

Yes to all of this, I am glad I am being rewarded for buying this on the PS3.

MrsLegacy5150 28 October, 2014 @ 15:42

Glad I bought both…. Hehehehe so can’t wait to get my copy!

!!!This is awesome, but people read the next thing carefully if you come from the last gen!!!

“Can you only make the GTA Online character progress transfer once? If I transfer my GTA Online character to the new systems, will I still be able to play with him/her on my PS3 or Xbox 360?”

Yes, you will only be able to transfer your character once. After transferring your character to PS4, Xbox One or PC, you can continue playing with him/her on your PS3 or Xbox 360 but the progress you make while playing is not shared to the character you transferred to your new version.

This from the offical website FAQ.

i had GTA V on xbox 360 first, and then sold that and got a ps4, will i be able to get these?

If the intention of this is to make me reconsider my decision to pick the game up… mission accomplished!

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 17:29

If you had gtaV on ps3 NOT XBOX you will get the bonuses if you didnt have gtaV on the ps3 you will still get the bonus stuff its for all ps4 gamers not just the ppl who had it on ps3 . XBOX does not get any bonuses its a ps4 exclusive only and dont ask if the gta5 bonuses will head to ps3 because they wont its ps4 only n i get to use my collection edition bonuses on ps4 version wooop. You can buy the new stuff in game using in game cash so dont worry ps4 gtaV bonuses are for newbys and old ps3 users. Finally gtaV bonuses xbox wont get

Assassin-_-MerKz 28 October, 2014 @ 18:02
19.1

GTA 5 Collectors edition DLC is free to all

Anyone know the deal with shared play on this? Could I potentially play online if a mate has it and I do not?

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 17:32

Lunastra78 you forgot 1 thing sony will see that post and tell you off you naughty user lol if any1 tryed that on my ps3 id throw them into the toilet full of trevors doo lol

I would be a ” returning GTA V player ” but i dont have playstation 4 :'( . Please somebody send me one.

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 18:49
22.1

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 18:50
22.2

Assassin-_-MerKz NO ITS NOT GTA 5 Collectors edition DLC is free to all

if you had GTA 5 Collectors edition DLC you will get it on the ps4 its only for people who had the bonus dlc on the ps3 IF you didnt have GTA 5 Collectors edition ps3 you WONT get the DLC for ps4 version

Assassin-_-MerKz 28 October, 2014 @ 18:02

Disappointed i paid €150 for the Collectors edition DLC now the DLC is free to EVERYONE what the ?Who hates this

CoolRichy007UK 28 October, 2014 @ 18:48
23.1

just you assassin

What im still not sure about is if i transfer my character to the next gen will i still be able to keep my character in the current gen? Im going to be switching back and fourth because of my crew and if i cant keep my current character on the current gen id rather just make a new chara for the new gen. Im level 259 and i would hate to get my character deleted like what happened when rockstar was trying to fix the bugs in the begining of gta online

This is actually going to make it less likely that I pick up a copy for PS4, being a newcomer to the series. The idea that there’s content I’m not going to get just doesn’t sit well. Sure, it rewards people for loyalty in forking out for a whole new copy, but it treats newcomers like second class citizens.

GTAV and TLOU didn’t initially catch my attention, as I’m more of an RPG purist, but having now seen them in action via Lets Play videos, I resolved to get them, but I was waiting for a PS4 to do so. Sure I’ll still be buying TLOU, but maybe not GTAV if there’s now a two-tier level of content being offered, with me being offered the inferior version.

ScrewThePooch 29 October, 2014 @ 11:18
25.1

Go and buy a second hand copy of GTA V on your previous gen console and play through the prologue, you’ll get all this new content too.

I know it’s too much to ask, but… knowing R*’s previous history, will the PS3/360 versions of the game ever get the Collector’s Edition DLC for everyone? I mean for a price at the Marketplace and Playstation Store… i mean RDR and Max Payne 3 got exclusive DLC which was eventually released with complete/GOTY editions. I’m not asking for that new monster truck, submarine and the blimp, i’m talking about the Hotknife, the .50 pistol, the stunt trials.

Also will all versions continue to get (small) extra downloadable content through game updates? Any ETA for the hypotetical v1.18?

Assassin-_-MerKz 31 October, 2014 @ 02:56
26.1

The Collectors edition DLC is with PC PS4 AND xbox 1 copies but it has to be bought with in game cash. People who owned it on last gen will have the Collectors edition DLC unlocked without buying with in game cash so they get it free same as last gen

This is so cool. I can’t wait for play it.

This is so cool. I can’t wait for play it

Estaría muy pero muy genial que las grandes marcas de autos tipo chevrolet , ford , toyota etc etc hagan un contrato con rock star para que algunos de los autos de la vida real aparezcan en GTA V

Dr_Snakez_2224 28 October, 2014 @ 20:59

is these things goin be an update for ps3? hope so

Can we expect to find out November’s PS Plus IGC tomorrow? Also, why is Sony so silent about broken PS Store on the PS3? Numerous people are complaining and we still didn’t get an official reply.

I want to get this but $100 seems a bit steep for a game I already own on PS3.
Any chance we can get an upgrade deal or something?

32.1

This would have been a much better reward I think. A discount (even a relatively small one) would have been a great incentive to double dip without making people who are coming in fresh (for whatever reason) feel like they’re missing out.

ScrewThePooch 29 October, 2014 @ 11:21
32.2

This isn’t just a remastered version of the game, it’s a complete re-work from the ground up. Try it out over share play before you buy it if you’re not sure if it’s worth the extra money :)

So RockStar is GTA San Andreas HD coming to PS3?

Can’t wait to play this again I miss gta

Можно ли играть с другом в ГТА 5 Онлайн, если он на ПС 3, а я на ПС 4?

The extra content is nice and all but I’m not sure it’s worth paying another $110 for, GTAV is a good game and exceeded my expectations and I don’t mind supporting that, but when there’s no upgrade option or hint of a discount for existing owners I’ll have to pass. In all honesty I’m a bit disappointed for the first time in R* and what they think supporters will swallow.

So the obvious question is…. What determines a “returning” player ?

Will it check your trophy list, or PS3 cloud save, or GTA Online profile ?

So the obvious question is… What determines a “returning” player ?

Will it check your trophy list, PS3 cloud save, or GTA Online profile ?

ScrewThePooch 30 October, 2014 @ 16:25
38.1

It checks against your social club membership.

Assassin-_-MerKz 31 October, 2014 @ 02:57
38.2

Social club will have your stats as long as your psn is linked

Why would you be a newcomer to the game if you already have a PS3? And then whine about newcomers to the game not getting the content.

ScrewThePooch 29 October, 2014 @ 11:24
39.1

Totally agree, if people want the extra content but don’t already have the game they should use their heads and get a pre-owned copy before 18/11/14.

hello guys, one question please: i want to pre-order gta 5 for ps4 but i have it with my bro and we have 2 accounts on ps4. can both accounts have the 1000000 and 300000 dollars or not?

what do people who are staying on the ps3 get rockstar ?

ScrewThePooch 30 October, 2014 @ 16:24
41.1

Your money’s worth!

Can i just ask, i have some good money on gta5 PS3 does this also transfer?

if u pre order then yes

I Have problem I did buy yesterday Psn cards 50€ and 20 € For GTA V Pre-Order but I cant preorder it says
E-82000113. If I cant get the Pre-Order before 3/11/14 I will be mad . So can anyone help me with the probmel ? Please

Can anyone help me with that Problem ?

I play GTAV on XBox 360, but if I get a PS4 and this game I’ll get the additional content when I link my account to my Rockstar Social? Is that right or wrong?

I dont think you can transfer ur account xbox -> ps4

ScrewThePooch 30 October, 2014 @ 16:23
44.2

You need to play the prologue whilst your SEN/PSN account is linked to your social club account, then you’ll be good to go. You can transfer between Xbox and PS4 but only as a one time thing.

44.3

That’s pretty pants then. Really you should be able to switch between consokes/pc as your character is with Rockstar social surely not the individual platform.

I could understand this if it was for story mode but not online.

Scenario time, answers on a digital postcard please.

I play GTA V online with my 360 with my mates, I enjoy doing this. But if I get a PS4 and the game will I be able to remote play the game, get the new goodies and still be able to use the same account on my 360 if I so choose? I.e. be able to play with my xbox buddies at home, and my PS4/Vita buddies while away from home?

If I can do this I will be made up, GTA V is pretty much the only AAA game I play at the moment, and the rest of my gaming is Vita Indies.

So i pre-ordered this via an online retailer.. how do i redeem and when?

not stated anywhere?

thanks

ChickenPOTpie_69 10 November, 2014 @ 00:54

So how will i receive this stuff for being a returning player? just went through all the psn trouble to get my old account on my ps4 now so does that mean it will come automatically?

Shadowstriker135 10 November, 2014 @ 20:53

I’m still confused on the transfer. If I have the digital copy of GTAV for my PS3, will I be able to get the new version of it on my PS4? I have no idea how this works.

quietonlavender 11 November, 2014 @ 00:35

Well i had a copy of gta5 on ps3 half played it due to selling my console to save up for my ps4 loved the game so in a sense extra content for returning players , 1 mil 300 in game credits all in glorious ps4 format seems a good incentive to me.

GhastlyDysphoria 13 November, 2014 @ 11:49

Can’t wait! Enjoyed it on the ps3 and have it preordered for the ps4. I have all the gtas lol.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history