Posted

Entire Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd Season Japanese DLC Roster Coming to the West

Song Club and Costume Club content bundles also detailed

Hello there, everyone. Sam Mullen here, North American Localisation Producer for the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA series, and I’m here to talk to you today about some of the exciting things we have coming up for the international launch of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

As you probably know, we released the first Project DIVA F title last year, and we are back again with the release of the sequel, coming to stores in Europe packaged and digital formats on November 21st. We released the first title last year to a strong fan response and we can’t thank you enough for being so supportive of this franchise here in the West.

CostumeClub_KeyArt_300k

For those of you who don’t know Hatsune Miku yet, she is the world’s most popular virtual singer and our Project DIVA rhythm game series lets you play along with her most iconic music on your PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. The game also offers a variety of game modes and customisation options because with Hatsune Miku, it’s all about creativity, user-created content and great music.

If any of you out there are keeping tabs on Japan, you may be aware that they are having regular releases of post-launch downloadable content for the Japanese version of the game. I am happy to announce that we are going to be offering the same downloadable content to our Western fans. Yes, all that fun content that Japan has been getting – such as new costume modules like Rin and Len’s Alparkas and new rhythm game songs like Look This Way, Baby?, Aikotoba, and Sekiranum Graffiti – you’re all going to get that, too! We will be releasing content every two weeks or so for nearly six months straight!

PSBlog_SS1

There will be three types of downloadable content after launch for Project DIVA F 2nd:

• UI Skins: $0.99/€0.75/£0.59, but free for the first 39 days after release
  • Costume Modules: $1.99/€1.49/£1.19 each
  • Rhythm Game Songs: $2.99/€2.49/£1.99 each

Now I know there are a lot of Project DIVA mega-fans out there. I’ve met many of you on our tours around the US this year. So we’ve put together some special sales initiatives for those of you who just want it all. And there’s not even a line to stand in!

PSBlog_SS2

• Song Club ($29.99/€24.99/£19.99)
    Will give you access to the entire lineup of post-launch Rhythm Game Songs.
  • Costume Club ($69.99/€49.99/£39.99)
    Will give you access to our full roster of post-launch Costume Modules.

You’ll save more than 25% compared to individual purchases!

SongClub_KeyArt_300k

It all starts rolling out on PlayStation Network December 9, 2014 with the first Costume Modules. This is the biggest DLC rollout SEGA has ever released; the amount of content here is staggering.

All the downloadable content is cross-buy enabled, so grabbing it on one platform gives you access to the same content on the other. So the choice is yours: Join the club and go all in, or hand pick your favorite individual content.

65 Comments
11 Author replies

So glad to see all of this! Can never have too much Hatsune Miku! :D
Thanks for bringing it all to EU~

1.1

Thank you for being a fan!

I will definitely pick this up for my Vita! :3 I loved Project Diva F 1.

2.1

Glad to hear you liked the first game! Remember you can import your module and item unlocks from Project DIVA f into Project DIVA F 2nd.

Any news on a EU physical release of either the PS3 or PS Vita version of the game?

3.1

They announced it a while ago… EU will be getting a physical copy.

3.2

Also if you re-read this post it says “F2 will release both digitally and packaged in stores”

3.3

I know, but they haven’t said anything about the EU physical version since. Hopefully they will release some info about it in the near future.

Show more replies

So… Mr.Mullen sorry to bother you… but it’s been quite some time since the last SEGA news… do you mind me using given chance to ask question? (well… most probably nobody will even visit EU page)

Do we have any chances (even small ones) for Valkyria Chronicles 3 for Vita? Last week we heard about VC 1 coming to PC… so I was kinda wondering if we also have any chances.

Uh sorry, I know that you probably are not responsible for VC… but still…

Seems like Mr. Mullen is really great person as he is not avoiding any types of comments

“You are correct; I’m here to talk about Project DIVA F 2nd today. But as someone who loves Japanese content in all it’s forms, I appreciate your question. No news on those games right now, but I’ll be sure to pass your feelings along!”

4.2

Ah VC, what a game, this is one of those games I wished we could get, of course I’d want it on the ps4 and PS3 as I prefered playin it on the bigger screen as opposed to the psp for VC2, I’m sure there is a fan base waiting to snap it up, sega u have a great set of games, abuse us with them please

madmanwithabox12 30 October, 2014 @ 14:23

Perhaps SEGA can be so kind with the Persona 4 Ultimax DLC in Europe? We’re the only region that won’t be getting Adachi and Marie for free and we don’t have any word about even receiving the rest of the DLC. I know it’s kind of off-topic, but I’d love a little clarification since I’ve been looking forward to the game all year and don’t want to be given an incomplete version just because of where I happened to be born. =/

More on topic whilst Hatsune Miku isn’t really my thing (I tried the demo of the first one on Vita) I know that a lot of people are looking forward to it and I am personally looking forward to Persona 4 Dancing All Night, a similar game for Vita that I hope we mere Europeans are worthy of. =)

Uh sorry, I know that you probably are not responsible for VC… but still…

SEGA PLEASE bring over Yakuza 0 and PSO Vita!
Pretty please!?
Ok then!

G1NG4B1SH0N3N 30 October, 2014 @ 14:50

How many dlc songs are there?

I’m wondering the same thing. The song pack is 25 Euro, which is supposedly 25% cheaper than buying each song individually, which are 2.50 Euro each. So it should be about 13-14 songs. But Wikipedia and the Project Diva Wiki list only 3 playable DLC songs for now. I’m not really sure what to make of that…

8.2

A large amount of content has not yet been announced for Japan, but I can confirm that all songs released in Japan will be released here. To date, Japan has announced Yellow, Change Me, Look This Way Baby, Ai Kotoba, and Sekiranun Graffiti as DLC songs, and there are still months of content to come!

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I had assumed that all the planned DLC would have been released in Japan by now. Good to know there will be more – in that case, I’ll probably go for the song “season pass”. :)

Show more replies
X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2014 @ 14:57

So…its a season pass? Already bought a physical Vita copy, but that’s £60 worth of DLC. Gonna have to pass on this

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2014 @ 15:04
9.1

Also yeah, £40 for some costumes? Are you actually insane?

Valentine_Meikin 30 October, 2014 @ 15:59
9.2

Did SEGA put a gun to your head and demand you SHALL buy the entire costume library or all the songs?
Plus, tip for you… Call of Duty and Battlefield are worse. This is £60 since there’s a entire walk-in wardrobe of costumes and a lot of songs. Tell me how EA warrant the same for half a dozen maps and a handful of guns.

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2014 @ 16:14
9.3

Thanks for the “tip”. Very helpful.

“This is £60 since there’s a entire walk-in wardrobe of costumes and a lot if songs”

They haven’t said how many songs or costumes there, as far as I’m concerned there best be 1000 costumes because £40 for some digital costumes is crazy.

Show more replies
counterUAVbaby 30 October, 2014 @ 15:02

I really can’t understand how people like these cartoon games, not in a bad way, I just want to know why people love the japanese cartoon games? Is it the b**bs, the characters, the style? Can somebody explain me please?

10.1

Huh?

And why people like US cartoon style? Frankly speaking I hate marvel style. But I love French style and love Renne Goscinny’s works (Asterix and Lucky Luke).

Why people like pop music? I don’t like it…. but I love classical music and death metal.

Why people like post-impressionistic and cubistic art? I don’t see anything valuable in that style… but I love realism in art!

Why some people like Hollywood style films? It’s kinda… you know bad…. but on the other hand I like European cinematic school (French and Scandinavian!)

You get it? There is no answer to question like this… it is simply matter of taste.

10.2

Um because it’s a really fun game?

I’m not a fan of rhythm games but I do love Japanese games as a whole.

Why? Well its not because of female parts that’s for sure as I can look into a mirror if I want to investigate those said parts. Not every game has girls some have boys ahem

It does however have to do with solid game play. The west goes for these supposed realism graphics were Japanese games use manga and anime characters (the Japanese don’t push a console to its limits it works within the function of the console). Western games are sent out with known bugs and glitches and expects people to be unpaid testers for a game they have purchased. Japanese games work and if there is a bug they actually state what has been fixed in an update (something western devs never do). Japanese games don’t usually have release day updates where as western games have 100-300+ mb update (that’s a lot of code to fix something that should have been tested BEFORE release).

Japanese games (especially rpgs) have a story that often has an...

Show full comment

I’m not a fan of rhythm games but I do love Japanese games as a whole.

Japanese games (especially rpgs) have a story that often has an effect on the player (Nier gut wrenching, Eternal Sonata also another emotive game…even okami had me in tears). People who like Japanese games do so because it clicks with their head. It appeals to me because the games are always about overcoming some tragedy not as an individual but with a team of people (be it online co-op or single player) working together to make things better. I should also point out, that if you run into Japanese players they don’t rage quit, they don’t throw abuse at others and they won’t quit until the boss is defeated. In all honesty, I find people who play JP games are usually nicer as well.

Then there is the “its foreign and exotic and different thing” yet at the same time they aren’t. Japanese games, although they can be formulaic also take risks…risks by western standards any way.

So if it’s why do people like playing specific genre of games (Japanese games cover a lot of different genres) then why are people still playing COD or deathmatch…wasn’t that done to death back in the 90’s?

Show more replies
supersmith2500 30 October, 2014 @ 15:23

SEGA, how can I ever thank you for bringing Hatsune Miku to the west even on PlayStation Vita. Now please bring Phantasy Star Online 2 and PS Nova and I will be very happy.

11.1

No, thank YOU for your support!

Omg, thank you so much! I’ll be getting the game on Vita both digital and physical (I prefer this game digital, but I want to support physical releases as well). So happy to hear about the DLC! This is amazing :D

12.1

Keep that packaged version wrapped on your shelf! Thank you so much for supporting us!

Yeah, Yakuza sales may have been declining, the Zombie Yakuza wasn’t as good as previous Yakuza games anyway, but from what I saw it did better than the Hatsune Miku game released last year. Way better.

It’s a shame we’re not getting titles like Yakuza 5, Yakuza 0, Phantasy Star Online 2 (even though that was announced for the Western markets a long time ago) and Valkyria Chronicles III. No, we get the extremely niche Hatsune titles and a lot of support for it too.

rampagingbunny 30 October, 2014 @ 16:25

My biggest concern is about graphics quality. Will it be blurry and undersampled as in the original, or will the rendering resolution be improved?

14.1

Project DIVA F has seen a lot of graphical improvements since its initial release on PS VITA. I’m confident Project DIVA F 2nd will deliver for you!

I picked up the first game on my Vita even though I was a little unsure of it. Since then I have over 80 hours clocked in the game, multiple perfects on extreme difficulty songs and a platinum trophy (something I never usually try for). It really took me by surprise and is now a game that will always be on my Vita ready to go.

And I’m really happy this new version will be getting a physical release for Vita. I will be at the store on release day picking up my copy.

15.1

This is a common theme with people who try out Project DIVA. They walk in a bit unsure and walk out completely enamored with the game. I’m glad you got to experience that! It’s what makes Project DIVA so special!

15.2

That was me too! I picked it up because I usually like rhythm games and it was on Vita. I couldn’t believe how awesome it was and I was stunned I hadn’t heard of her games before.
Thanks for bringing the sequel and DLC over, especially on Vita :)

Yay :D I’m totally getting this game for PSV and PS3 physical, since I already own the digital Japanese Ps3 release :3
But I still have a question, since there will be english lyrics, would you still be able to switch between romaji and english? Did you fix the lyrics limitation of the Edit Mode? (Because we could only enter some words at once, and not even a full sentence)

And thank you SO MUCH for bringing this game to West, you guys are AWESOME :D

16.1

Yes, you can switch between English and Romaji lyrics. It’s in the options menu! And yes, we did lengthen the lyric lines in Edit Mode. It’s now 44 characters!

One question is the game cross-buy?

17.1

No it’s not, just the DLC.

Thanks for bringing the packaged versions to Europe, no need to import this round!

I’ve already pre-ordered both the PS3 and the PS Vita versions of Project Diva F 2nd and I’ll definitely consider picking up the Song Club bundle when my wallet will recover from October/November games shopping spree (so many releases!). :)

[Mandatory request for Yakuza 5 / 1&2 HD / Ishin / Zero and Phantasy Star Nova physical release in Europe]

So, I’m hoping for some additional confirmation, whilst I appreciate the effort in getting a physical version released around the globe, how far is this extending though?

“Europe” has been confirmed and usually by extension this also means Australia and New Zealand seeing as we fall under the SCEE umbrella, however with now under a month to go neither of the 2 biggest retailers over here have the game listed for pre-order (EB Games & JB HiFi).

Are we getting physical also, or will we have to import this?

I should mention I know we are getting digital, as the game has been classified by our Ratings Board, but as you know some of us like to have the “shiny” also…

I appreciate the fact that they’re bringing over the DLC but the pricing, even on the bundles, seems disproportionate to what we get for our money in the full game. I’d argue that the DLC bundles would actually be more profitable for Sega if they’re sold at a more reasonable price. The fact that EA and Activision have similar pricing on their Season Passes doesn’t mean that all other companies should follow their example.

Another thing I was wondering about: do the bundles include the exclusive pre-order content found in the US Amazon and Gamestop pre-orders?

Valentine_Meikin 30 October, 2014 @ 20:43
20.1

It’s not that they’re trying to be expensive. It’s the sheer weight of stuff under one price point.

20.2

The Club offers include everything except the pre-order content you mention. Those are available separately.

Valentine_Meikin 30 October, 2014 @ 20:21

Little Question –
Is one of the songs with english lyrics ‘The Intense Song Of Hatsune Miku’?

21.1

This song does feature English lyrics!

You know, I’d quite like some Hatsune Miku PSN avatars.

A PS4 theme would also be nice.

22.1

And a vita one too! :D

22.2

Having a Miku avatar is great!

AlucardTepes_DE 30 October, 2014 @ 22:42

Finally Good NEW’s!

Guess Sega its finally understanding what they should had done Long Time Ago!
Now we must wait a few more months and maybe we get Phantasy Star Online 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles 3, might be released has well!!!!!!!

too expensive, especially the costume club dlc.. if both dlcs were combined for the price of the song club then it’s fair.. songs are okay but for modules, come on!!

how about the trophies, are they separate lists for ps3 and vita or shared?

alright, I think I need a little clarification on the club bundles.
These are basically season passes right?

They seem extremely overpriced, especially considering the amount of DLC the japanese version has right now. Adding all that stuff together with the individual prices you list here would not cross over the prices of the season passes.
I mean, sure there COULD possibly be more DLC coming, but so far F2nd has already had more than F, so we can’t necessarily expect anything beyond this point.

Valentine_Meikin 31 October, 2014 @ 00:48
25.1

There IS more DLC coming, as it says. Admittedly, Project Diva F had 7 songs, one which wasn’t localized, and a dozen costumes.
Right now, the costumes, yes, they’ve eclipsed F handily, but the songs it’s just about breaking even. There’s still possibly The Secret Garden coming, to finish off the theme song trifecta, and some costumes I strongly wish they’d add, like the Fei Yen HD and Sonic Anniversary modules.

Thanks a lot for localizing these games!

I thought I wouldn’t enjoy rhythm games at all, but then I tried the demo….and spent 100 hours enjoying Project Diva f. You make it sound like I’ll be spending 150 hours on Project Diva f 2nd!

Just a little question, though: do we know the game’s price (Europe) yet?
The original game costs 30€, so I guess Diva f 2nd will cost 30€, too? If so, I would love to purchase the game + the Song Club DLC on day 1!

Is this going to work on the PlayStation TV?

Also, I loved the first game (on both PS3 and Vita), but after playing DJMax games over the last few months, it’s kind of jarring to go back to playing a rhythm game at 30FPS. I’m guessing 2nd is also 30FPS, but I’m hoping future Hatsune Miku games (especially if they eventually appear on PS4) will run at 60FPS.

Also, I agree with those saying the DLC is on the expensive side. The game retails on Amazon for £28.85 and includes 40 songs (along with everything else in the game). £19.99 for another ~13 songs just seems like terrible value-for-money in comparison to the value offered by the base game.

27.1

It should work on your regional VITA TV except can’t use AR mode or take a photo.
Not sure about double scratch function unless you assign commands for both front and rear touch pads.

Thanks for bringing Miku here. I enjoyed playing Project Diva f, and I”ll most definitely get the second game. Can’t wait for the release.

FreddyGPaulsen 31 October, 2014 @ 16:42

Who cares ? Give us Costume Quest 2…

I’m sorry for asking, but does this come out in Australia on November 21st as well? :p

Will this have a physical release for US verison(r1)? Please reply. I love this game

31.1

+gabrielpatty Project DIVA F 2nd will have a physical release for both PS3 and PS VIta.

year2000andjames 17 November, 2014 @ 11:53

I don’t think I’ll be getting either of the song bundle or costume bundle, they’re too expensive, plus, I know for a fact they’ll be Miku central as always :c
They should’ve done character packs instead, like Miku pack, Len pack, etc.

If it was $70 for both the costume pack and the song pack I might be tempted but $100 there would have to be A LOT of content for that to be worth it

fallenwarrior43 23 November, 2014 @ 11:15

Just bought the song pack as I’ve finished on normal and hard but how will it work? Does it just automatically download when the songs are released?

YukitoNarukami 23 November, 2014 @ 11:48

The dlc is available via my vita. I don’t have the game on vita. I can find the game in the playstation store but not any of the dlc I can find on the vita. I tryed looking for the vita version via my ps3 and found all the dlc content but the song pack and the costume pack… im kinder confused

36.1

Hey Yukito I was wondering if you found a solution to your problems cause I’m experiencing the same thing.

Are we really getting the digital version? Cause when I log onto the store I only see the DLC not the actual game even tough there is a banner advertising it and the price on the app screen before you start the app. I really want a Digital version so i wont keep having to switch out my game cards.

If I bought one of the packs on one system would it transfer over to the other system? or would I have to buy another pack for the other? That would be expensive to buy twice… I can justified the price if I could use it for both systems but for being that price for one.. you think it would?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.