Posted

RESOGUN celebrates Halloween and Movember with new free DLC

And there’s more to come for fans of Housemarque’s brilliant PS4 shoot ‘em up

Hey there PlayStation Nation! Ian Pickles here again from XDev Studio Europe with a bunch of news on RESOGUN.

November is going to be a busy month for RESOGUN. The Humans are dressing up to celebrate the start of the festive season while behind the scenes we are preparing to celebrate the first anniversary of the game.

With that in mind here is a short breakdown of what you can expect to see if you play RESOGUN over the next few weeks.

Happy Halloween

The Humans love Halloween just as much as we do and like nothing more than dressing up to celebrate the holiday. They’ll need saving more than ever before if they’re going to be able to get on with their trick or treating while the vast Sentient army continue to try and abduct them. So get to your ships and back out there into the action!

Scarecrow_Tile_ImageSkeleton_Tile_Image

RESOGUN owners playing the game today and all the way up to 1st November will automatically receive the Scarecrow and Skeleton Human variants free of charge. Get them before they disappear forever! (Or until we bring them out again next year!)

Support our Mo Bros

As some of you will have read on the blog a few weeks ago this year PlayStation are proud to be an official partner of Movember.

In order to show our support of the cause and the hard work all the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas out there do to raise money and awareness for this noble cause we’ve decided to release a very special Human available to anyone playing the game during Movember.

MoBro_Tile_Image

The Mo Bro human will automatically be added to your game free of charge if you play at any time between 1st November and 30th November. This human is a limited edition and will not be made available again – show your support and grab a Mo Bro Human!

More to come…

This is just the start of things to come for RESOGUN this month. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with more news about our anniversary celebrations, some updates for our season pass members and much more. In the meantime, to whet your appetite, here’s a screenshot of a human, dressed like a commando, shooting never before seen ships in a new environment at an angle that could only be possible using some sort of photo mode perhaps? Take from that what you will J

Stay tuned for more RESOGUN news coming real soon.

Teaser

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

43 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

X_Blood_Curse_X 30 October, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   1

I want some new Alienation info 🙂

11.01.2015, WOŚP (biggest charity event in Poland) is going to take place. Since there are already couple posts about some Movember, why not that as well? You know, because Poland is also a part of Europe.

Forgot about a link.

PS2. This was meant for Fred or Jawad, I didn’t notice it was Resogun devs, sorry for that >.<

johnnycide 30 October, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

I would have no problem with that. I’m sure that us UK folk would be eager to donate to out Polish chums.

I don’t think that we need anything grand as this is PL event only…. but actually adding WOŚP avatar would be nice… try contacting polish playstation maybe they will be willing to work on this.

( WOŚP -> The Grand Orchestra of Christmas Charity -> it is day when in every bigger city there are free concerts, volunteers gather money giving red heart sticker as thank you gift… gathered money is used on specialistic devices for hospitals in Poland)

RyanSufc1997 30 October, 2014 @ 3:58 pm

Fred is on holiday this week, so don’t expect much. The PSEU Blog this week will/has been terrible without him!

johnnycide 30 October, 2014 @ 7:25 pm

@Archaus
    that sounds awesome!

Nice to see another title to support photo mode! 🙂

johnnycide 30 October, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   4

If the plus titles this month consist solely of singstar and ride to Hell retribution, I won’t care.
resogun is getting a photo mode, and all is suddenly good again. Thanks House marque!

chrisboers 30 October, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   5

Photo mode! Yes please!

Guillemots 30 October, 2014 @ 3:26 pm   6

Yesss!!! Can’t wait the see the new stuff next month 🙂
I saw the new humans this morning… WEEEEEEEEEEE!

No PlayStation Plus Program Announcement yesterday, and no news of why we don’t have this.
What’s wrong ?
Can we have a clue ?

Meant to reply to your post instead of adding it in separately.. (see below).

I knew the rumour, it’s not about that.
    My question is not really about the game.

But about the delay of the official announcement !

RyanSufc1997 30 October, 2014 @ 3:59 pm

Fred is on holiday this week; hence the mess the blog has become this week.

jamesbduk 30 October, 2014 @ 4:09 pm

@RyanSufc1997 30 October, 2014 @ 3:59 pm ” Fred is on holiday this week; hence the mess the blog has become this week.”

Surely the World doesn’t stop turning because one chap takes a holiday?

Sorry but Fred is effectively on holiday, but once, the PS Store Program was posted…
    Two, on his twitter account, Fred says that another else will posted the PS Plus program just like le PS Store program…
    Three, the video was ready, beaucoup posted on youtube, so program was ready too…

Ah! Hadn’t seen the video (have now :). I posted the details as no one on here had mentioned the details.

Here’s the current rumour…

PS4
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
SteamWorld Dig.

PS3
Frozen Synapse Prime
Luftrausers

Vita
The Hungry Horde
Escape Plan

It’s not the rumor, US playstation uploaded this video:

But people started complaining and downvoting video. They removed it quite fast… and since than… well there is only silence from their side.

People complaining??? Surely not. 🙂

I think it was just a troll video, since PS3 didn’t have any AAA games for some reason, which never happened before. It also seems the announcement will be delayed by a week, so I have my hopes up that binding of Isaac will also be removed, deleted, burned, abolished and aborted from existence, or at least from taking up the PS4’s PS Plus spot.

jon_h_blake 30 October, 2014 @ 4:11 pm   9

I would like to ask about a psvita native version of Resogun…Super Stardust Delta is awesome,so we need more of that great stuff in the handheld.Any chance? 😀

James Hawkins 30 October, 2014 @ 5:51 pm

Keep watching this space, the VITA version is coming and is looking, sounding and most importantly, playing great!

MaxDiehard 30 October, 2014 @ 6:28 pm

Wait, there’s a Vita version coming? How did I not know this?

jon_h_blake 30 October, 2014 @ 6:34 pm

Oh man!! oh man!! thank you.Finally. I’m a happy man now.Awesome!

madmanwithabox12 30 October, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

Hold the phone, did you just confirm Resogun for Vita? O_o

Awesome. I’m not sure how it’d run without severely cutting back on particles, but awesome. 😀

I thought particles were banned and we had to call them voxels

DoYouLikeMyID 30 October, 2014 @ 8:31 pm

That’s probably the biggest announcement in the history of the PS blog’s comment section! So much hype! 😀

the killings 30 October, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

HOLY COW I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS COMING TO MY BELOVED VITA I ALSO DON’T KNOW WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY CAPS LOCK KEY BUT HOLY CANNOLI RESOGUN ON THE VITA THIS IS THE BEST NEWS ON THIS BLOG SINCE A WHOLE LOTTA TIME

*throws money at the screen*

fps_d0minat0r 30 October, 2014 @ 9:03 pm

@ James Hawkins
    Cross buy?

thekillingspree 30 October, 2014 @ 9:13 pm

Apparently, my previous comment contained so much excitement that it got lost in the “awaiting moderation” limbo. So, I will try hard to tone down my feelings and just give James Hawkins a big manly hug for such a little piece of great news! You’ve made both my Vita and me very happy today! 😀

Ha, I once had an almost confirmation of vita version on twitter a while back, it was cloaked in sarcasm though so I wasn’t sure what to make of it.

Recently got back into Resogun and have been having fun making my own ships, Laserbeak is my fave but so far no likes 🙁

khermann4 30 October, 2014 @ 7:30 pm   11

A ps vita version is coming ?
Wow , that’s pretty damn cool ! Thanks James

thekillingspree 30 October, 2014 @ 9:00 pm   12

Only one author reply so far and it’s the best author reply we got in this blog in ages! Sneaky announcement FTW!
Thank you so much for supporting Sony’s neglected child, people-behind-RESOGUN 😀

I’m Not sure that picture is photo mode, what if there commando mode in the dlc and we control that guy?

zalwelgoedgaan 31 October, 2014 @ 1:15 pm   14

60 FPS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEAAASE!!!

Any Resogun players want to add me on PSN. I need scores to beat

plaztiksyke 31 October, 2014 @ 5:46 pm   16

any news on a stereoscopic 3D mode for 3DTVs? Super Stardust in 3D on PS3 was a revelation, and I bought a Resogun season pass to support the studio in bringing similar functionality to Resogun on PS4.

PS: Happy to hear about a Vita port. I hope that it’s native resolution and other developers can use the code as a reference on how to optimize Vita resolution/framerate. The shovelware on the Vita has been of wildly varying visual quality :/

Resogun is perfect for photo mode, looking forward to it.