Posted

PlayStation is ready for Movember

Help us raise money and awareness for the annual men’s health campaign

It’s nearly here. Soon, men around the world will be losing their facial fuzz to begin their month-long moustachioed support of Movember – and we’re joining them.

1200_600_72_l

As you’ll have seen, over the last few weeks we’ve been creating some cool ways to both show our support for Movember and encourage you all to get involved. We have also started an official PlayStation Movember network to unite all players – whether you’re a Mo Bro or Mo Sista – behind this great cause. It’s completely open so anyone can either join it or make a contribution. Just visit Movember.com and search ‘PlayStation Official’ to get involved.

PS4-Controller_LightBar_Decal-Moustache

The Mo Glows – the limited-edition vinyl for the light bar of DualShock 4 controllers – have already generated loads of interest. There are still some available in selected retailers and through various PlayStation initiatives across Europe so keep checking your local Facebook pages for more information. And don’t forget, if you get your hands on one, be sure to share a snap of it using #PS4Movember.

As promised, some of your favourite PlayStation characters are also showing their support for the campaign this month so just head here [link: http://movember.eu.playstation.com] to see what Sackboy, iota, Delsin and Ellie have been up to.

Galahad_Grow_Week01

If having Sackboy, Iota, Delsin and Ellie wasn’t enough, we’ve also been given support from Sir Galahad himself. As you can see, he has agreed to shave down his famous moustache for the start of Movember and will be posting regular updates of his mo-gress online.

Remember though, as heroic as Sir Galahad is, he does need your help. In addition to the PlayStation network, we have also created a network specifically for him and his fellow Knights. Visit Movember.com and search ‘Grow With Galahad’ to grow alongside him, or simply show your support by making a donation to this noble cause.

With your help we can make this a truly fan-tache-tic campaign so please join us this month in our support of Movember; the world’s leading the world’s leading organisation committed to changing the face of men’s health.

#PS4Movember

130 Comments
0 Author replies

Are you sure? Atm, you have barely been able to tie your own shoe laces. We are still awaiting the official word on the IGC for November. . .

Do you want some cheese with that whine?

1.2

Wow. A terrible pun! You sure showed him. I’m sure nobody else will voice a valid opinion while you’re around to dispense dated phrases. Godspeed you!

1.3

Agreed and I can only think the reason is because the PS4 has been dominating, they now don’t need to work as hard. The worse thing about being the top dog is you no longer have to care any more.

Microsoft need to be more aggressive to keep you on your toes it seems.

Show more replies

Ready for Movember you may be, but it seems you’re not ready to man the eff up and tell us what games are in the IGC come November. …..

fps_d0minat0r 31 October, 2014 @ 19:19
2.1

They are too embarrassed to even give those pathetic games a blog post.

Binding of Isaac is 79p on Steam and soon it will be 5p on humble bundle… and the vast majority of gamers still won’t give a poop about it.

2.2

The Binding of Isaac….’Rebirth’ is actually £10.99 on Steam, the original is 79p…

I agree though, it’s curious that there’s not as yet any post on the IGC matter and as others have mentioned I also received a Plus email with only Isaac, F Synapse and H Hoard announced. Perhaps a change? Seems unlikely, but who knows.

2.3

I have no problem with The Binding Of Issac being in the IGC, I have no problem with it being all “indie” games. What I have an issue with is no blog post. No official acknowledgement of the lack of a blog post. The effective cancellation of Driveclub Plus edition. The Evolve fiasco. The constant downtime on PSN. The firmware issues from 2.0. The arrogant attitude of SCEE and then the email concerning November’s plus being three games.
Sony can cut the amount of content in half any time they like, but to do so in a way that feels like such an obvious kick in the teeth to subscribers who- they should damn well know- kept them going through the PS3 era, and continue to breathe life into the struggling Vita? That’s just plain rude.
Greatness Awaits? For the Gamers?

Here’s an alternative for you, SCEE: “We have your money. Shut up”

Olli, if you read this is there any chance that some of these characters could be made into avatars and sold on the store, with the proceeds going to charity of course. The initiatives Sony have run in the past selling avatars and themes for The Red Cross and the like were great and I’m sure these would be popular as well.

Give it a think.

3.1

Good shout, think this is a great idea, surely this could be used to support quite a few different charity’s in different places to help spead the word and support other country’s too

We are still awaiting the official word on the IGC for November!!!

Already been released, just not through the blog here.

DarkArchoNx66 31 October, 2014 @ 19:00

Rumor on the web has it we’re not getting anything this month. We’re skipping right through December. Quit complaining it’s not the end of the world. Also, don’t be preposterous waiting for official word. That’s the status quo. Suck it up whiners.

5.1

O hell no

DarkArchoNx66 31 October, 2014 @ 19:14
5.2

I’m being sarcastic, mate. Just in case to avoid any misunderstandings

This is the PS+ Lineup. Got it in an Official PlayStation UK email.

I got the same mail from official Playstation GR. (translated ofc but you know… :p )

6.2

Why Sony did not put on the blog ? Shame the games ?

DarkArchoNx66 31 October, 2014 @ 19:21
6.3

I’m guessing those are the same games I’ve read a couple of days ago that were ”leaked”.. We know about them. That’s beside the point though. The lack of a post on the blog is the issue..

Show more replies
NorthernFusion 31 October, 2014 @ 19:21

Regarding the Plus (rumoured as of now) line up, the games are actually pretty good, but my problem is, especially for those who only own a PS4, that the PS4 titles are basically Vita titles. It would be much better if they were solely PS4 titles. However, it’s still a decent month, even if Sony refuses to confirm it as of right now, but Binding of Isaac and Steamworld isn’t worth the ~£5 a month for those who only own a PS4, regardless if they are good (which they are). It’s fine for me since I own all 3 platforms, though.

LordDagoth4US 31 October, 2014 @ 23:25
7.1

I own all three platforms.
The last IGC PS4 game I played was contrast, because I owned no other games at the time.
The last Vita IGC game I played was…. Nope, Vita has been rubbish since Uncharted. They should give us Killzone Mercenary.
The last PS3 IGC game I played was Tomb Raider. March was the last of a long line of very good PS3 months.

The service is rubbish, Sony knows it, we know it. Unfortunately Sony know we’ll keep subscribing as long as we want to play online on their rubbish servers.
I have never played a round of Battlefield 4 without experiencing lag, yet I get >5mbps every time I use Foxtel, so it’s not my internet causing problems. I wish I had an XBOne because the exclusives come out when promised and Microsoft know how to manage an online service.

@LordDagoth EA Dice run their own servers for all platforms. PSN only provides initial matchmaking, if anything, for Battlefield

7.3

I can’t sign into EA on the PS4 without being signed into psn, so there is some dependence on Sony actually functioning.
I have the PC version of BF3, and I’ve had no problems, so I don’t think it’s the EA servers.

Show more replies
HalfDeathShadow 31 October, 2014 @ 19:54

Hi SONY – Do U remember that soon we will be celebrate 1st Year anniversary of PS4 what means that hundreds, thousands or millions subscribers WON’T renew Their subscriptions ? You have been promised to release IGC every last Wednesday of the month. Your services are geting worse. I’ve been trusted You.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust.

DarkArchoNx66 31 October, 2014 @ 20:04
8.1

Don’t know about those people you’re talking about, but I’m definitely not renewing for a whole year again. I’ll resubscribe for 3 months top depending on on when they’ll give some games I’m interested in. As someone who doesn’t play online and doesn’t current own a Ps4 (I was going to buy this Christmas but I changed my mind after holding for a year on purpose), it’s just not worth it. I understand sometimes we (myself included) have unreasonable demands. But from this year I’ve only played Tomb Raider, Crysis, and dead space. What’s the freaking point of paying a yearly subscription since I’m not interested in the games they are currently giving. This way I save some money to spend on games I actually wanna play..

A message must be send. Each of one of us must do his part. The games and services they provide are no longer my cup of tea. I hope what we’re both saying comes true. The customers cannot be taken for granted. At any given time they can just ship..

You talk big but you’ll resub. Any idiot can see its worth it for 2 good months much less 12. I also can’t believe his ignorant and entitled you people get. There’s some amazing games on this months proposed list and there was last month too. I bet you didn’t even try Pix The Cat because of preconceptions you had about it and missed a cracking game. Same with Velocity 2X two months back, possibly the best game of the year on any platform.

DarkArchoNx66 31 October, 2014 @ 22:15
8.3

@MrEibmoz

If you’re talking to me, you are gonna have to write down my name. My sub expires in February. I’ve also proposed on this blog other measures regarding the online sales. Don’t care if anyone has listened to me, but I am true to my word and I haven’t spent a single penny since June.

I was going to buy a Ps4 this December, but like I said I won’t. I will renew my sub for 3 months and then another one the same depending on the games. After a year or true and always depending on how things will go I might have to reconsider.

Show full comment

@MrEibmoz

And no I haven’t played any of the games you mentioned, and many many more. I am not interested, I ain’t 15. Two days ago I finished Crysis and right now I’m downloading Dmc and Bioshock. Might do the same with a couple of other games that I haven’t gotten around to play yet. Time to clean up. Might even take a break from gaming for a year or not. What I know with certainty is that it’s not worth paying 50 euros for a 12 month sub. It’s not about the money, I could care less. But those aren’t the terms I originally subscribed for…I’ll do what I think is right. Anyone else can do what they please.

Show more replies
lunalicrichard 31 October, 2014 @ 20:07

After nearly a year of ps4 , Sony has proved once again that they are unable to learn from mistake’s and just don’t care about gamers . With al the so called support they have “For the Players ” , they still can’t seem to get a decent online serverpark working .Over and over again Sony has made the same mistakes every generation and every time the first years on a new console are [MODERATED] . The so called Exclusive titles either are bad ore just don’t work , never even come out , or are a wtared down version of what was promised ( Driveclub anyone ? ) … Since the ps2 they haven’t been able to make good on their word , and yet we all fall for the same everytime !
For me the only saving grace right now is Destiny , even with it’s faults it is fun to play .. ( don’t get me started on the dlc though )
Sony is not for the players , if they where ,they would have kept their word from day 1 !
Maybe i should get an Xbone , they seem to get the stuff working on their system …….

LordDagoth4US 31 October, 2014 @ 23:36
9.1

It is for the players. It’s for the people who aren’t interested in functioning console features or a decent online service, just the games.

Then again as 50% of Sony’s games get pushed back without a valid reason that they can be bothered communcating I suppose this console I’d not really for anyone.

nextbigthing91 31 October, 2014 @ 23:47
9.2

Gamer to gamer; if you’re going to get another system. Don’t get an Xbox One, for the few good exclusives it does have, it still has many of the same “problems” PlayStation has. I sold mine after only a month of owning it!

I recommend either a Wii U or a gaming PC, though. :)
I’d still hold on to your PS4 though; nobody is going to care about all this negativity when exclusives like Uncharted start coming out.

lunalicrichard 31 October, 2014 @ 20:13

It is also very obvious that the blog only responds to positive feedback , and rarely has an answer for the negative ones … Now i don’t need to be answered per se , but I’ve seen almost no answers on outspoken negative opinions !
And that say’s something about the honesty and sincerity of Playstation and staff as far as i’m concerned .
Again , i don’t much care if you answer my questions or not , but no answers at all is showing the true colors of a site ….

RodrigoSharingan 31 October, 2014 @ 20:59
10.1

That is so true. No official response from anyone wen it comes to bad things like Plus being really bad.

LordDagoth4US 31 October, 2014 @ 23:42
10.2

I saw this and cracked up because it’s so true: http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Sony

Bear in mind PS+ has been getting worse and worse.

PS+ July 504 comments – 4 replies
PS+ August 787 comments – 2 replies
PS+ September 878 comments – 1 reply
PS+ October 702 comments – 0 reply

What is going on with the evolve alpha dissapointed sony everything has been a dissapointment from release day of the console I’m seriously thinking of selling my ps4 and going to xbone even though I don’t want to but sony this is poor honestly!

11.1

Yeah, I’m on the big alpha too and I can’t play it either. Apparently it has something to do with servers and the 2.0 update (I have no idea what that actually means) and it’s postponed…for how long I don’t know.

It’s been a poor year for gaming tbh, a few notable highlights but lots of misrepresented games, poor quality assembly line fodder, broken promises, delays…delays…delays, releasing unfinished/broken games, server issues, update issues…and on and on!

I thought the PS4 was designed for ease of production, so why all the delays and issues with games? And where are so many of these games that have already released in different regions and other formats?

Maybe I’m just getting jaded with gaming…

11.2

I wish I kept hold of my PS3 tbh I rush into buying the ps4 and sold my PS3 it’s been very poor since launch takes about 20 mins to see a msg after notification the free games we are getting are mobile format games it sucks tbh after paying £300+ for console £40 a year to play online and nearly £50 to £60 a game and all we face is server problems or network down its getting annoying

11.3

The quality of gaming has deteriorated on all formats as far as I can see. Xbox is suffering a lot of the same sub-par quality problems and even Steam has taken criticism on the quality of a lot of titles it’s allowing on board. Nintendo I don’t keep track of so…who knows.

I’m tired of the ‘next gen premium’ too, if the hardware is easier to work with now then I fail to see why it would cost more to produce for…or maybe it’s just greed, but £60/70+ for games is ridiculous, I think anyway.

Show full comment

I have my PS4/3/Vita so I get the full value for my Plus sub, and I have to add that I enjoy the indie scene so it’s not as bad for me…but I do agree with the lack of big quality titles for some time now. I’m less concerned with the IGC though as I am with the so called AAA games that are being released with all sorts of issues, from not working properly to false advertising to simply dull, boring and unimaginative game play, dev/publisher BS…Unity is 900p to ‘stop the arguments’, Destiny has dlc on the disc ‘for the sake of our users potential bandwidth caps’…**** off!

For all the PS4 success, the online infrastructure is a disgrace, maintenance downs, PSN is broken half the time…but it’ll take your money no problem, delays, delays, I’m sick of hearing delays…get it together Sony!

It’s not all bad of course but imho it’s been a tough year for gamers.

Show more replies

I remember with a certain nostalgia those months when i would impatiently wait for the next IGC lineup to be revealed. Now i just don’t care anymore as they’re leaked days, if not weeks, before and most of the games don’t interest me in the very least. My PS+ sub ends in a couple of days and i certainly won’t be renewing it. I’m also seriously considering not buying a PS4 any time soon as there’s only 1 game i’d really like to play.

Movember PS+ IGC is ready!

RodrigoSharingan 31 October, 2014 @ 20:40

November PS PLUS is by far, the worst of the worst ever. Its so horrible and scary its worthy of the best halloween scare.

PBestiaHumana 31 October, 2014 @ 21:13

Sony give a back move and give us a full retail game every year, and we could support indies and social health inicitatives.!!!.

PBestiaHumana 31 October, 2014 @ 21:14

you Debt, first year game!

Evolve was suppose to be Halloween special trick or treat? We got tricked we should get extra time on this alpha bcos xbone has been on the alpha for 2 days already and pc went live today and yet the so called best consoles still isn’t live

17.1

Evolve is bad anyway. You’re not missing out.

17.2

Blame sonys 2.0 borked update for the delay. It’s a good game but the only problem is the loading and I mean the insane loading times and you can’t play as the monster if your playing in a party. Imo the monsters not THAT much fun to play anyway I cant put my finger on why that is tho. Playing with 3 friends with someone who actually knows how to play the monster is a ton of fun! Hopefully you get the alpha soon.

17.3

I have the alpha but it isn’t working the normal for ps4 nothing works lol

Shapeshifter_dan 31 October, 2014 @ 22:10

Crybabies don’t deserve anything.

Sending an email is enough info. Anything that helps reduce the petulant monthly begging around here is great in my book.

18.1

According to the email, we get 3 games this month. Is this “enough info” by your standards?

DarkArchoNx66 31 October, 2014 @ 23:28
18.2

Shapeshifter_dan

are you really that daft and you haven’t got a clue about what has being going on, or you are being an ***licker for some other reason? Are you hoping your parents will stop paying your bills and instead Sony gives you a position for being a loyal fanboy?

Shapeshifter_dan 01 November, 2014 @ 00:04
18.3

@DarkArchoNx66

What’s the matter with you? Getting mad that I don’t type what you want to see? I already said that I buy the games I want when I want and don’t have to wait for monthly offers for a measly 4.17€/month. Your ASSumptions are revealing and tell me more about you than they’ll ever tell about me.

Keep your chin up, fellow consumer.

Show more replies

If you pay £40 up front for a service and it turns from awesome to almost worthless you have every right to complain. IGC used to be a huge selling point for Playstation, now its almost an embarrassment. Sony themselves said they would announce the games, and then release them, on a specific day each month and have failed to do so, they don’t even announce why there is a delay in a simple blog post, and then ignore everyone’s obvious questions as to whats happening. Its really bad customer service and creates all these posts asking what is going on.

RodrigoSharingan 01 November, 2014 @ 12:19
19.1

“If you pay £40 up front for a service and it turns from awesome to almost worthless you have every right to complain.”
“…The quality of the games has gone from at least one interesting AAA game each month to old indie titles you can get on PC for a few pence. Not worth £40 per year. Its understandable for PS4 and Vita, but PS3 is inexcusable, there is a vast catalogue of awesome games that have almost no retail value any more.”

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. PS3 plus is the worst by far, and still has enough AAA games to give.

PlayStation is ready? Really? Why not start by fixing your PS4 system firmware? Your online services? Start by listening to your community and start by communicating with game developers that are putting out games on your console!

Why is almost every online release of a big game such a big disaster on PS4? Closed alpha of The Crew was busted, Driveclub (PLUS) still not working and now the alpha for Evolve works on Xbox One and PC, but not on PS4?! Are you kidding me? Is this the #4ThePlayers mentality? Step your game up, NOW!

Shapeshifter_dan 31 October, 2014 @ 23:25

@KaneTheGoth

I said sending an email with the games for the month is enough info, I didn’t say anything about this month’s email specific content. But if you want to know, yeah, unless they changed the terms of the service from 6 to 3 games a month (which I’m not aware they did and if they did, they SHOULD’VE announced it beforehand), then clearly it’s insufficient info.

21.1

Irony,crybaby

Thank you Ollie Tritton, I don’t know why people are asking all sorts apart from November?

For everybody else who immediately forgot the subject matter.

“As a global men’s health movement, the Movember Foundation has the ambition to contribute to improving the lives of men around the world. This will be achieved through programs we fund in the areas of – Awareness & Education, Living with Cancer, Research and Mental Health. We see success as moving the dial on progress towards:

Reduced mortality from prostate, testicular cancer and men’s suicide
Men living with prostate or testicular cancer being physically and mentally well
Men and boys understanding how to be mentally healthy and taking action when they experience mental health problems
Men and boys with mental health problems not being discriminated against”

22.1

Movember not November as I can’t edit.

Movember is a great initiative and fair play to Sony for supporting it.
But I would like to highlight the problems with Update 2.0 for the PS4. It needs to be patched quickly, we should be able to use rest mode and not have to do work around to get the console working. This blog is terrible at communication of these issues.
Driveclub is also a disaster so far, but one of the main things which needs fixing is the removal of the broken preorder addons from user accounts as its causing a restore license error. This will cause serious problems in the future for any users affected.
We are loyal Sony customers and need better service and communication.

November is great and we all Gonna help you raise money

No Evolve Alpha, No PS+ Driveclub, No Driveclub Online, PS+ Delayed, Movemeber Spam, Isaac Abomination Wasting a PS4 Spot, 2.00 No MKV Support, PSN Down Couple Times. Awesome month!

25.1

The Evolve alpha is a problem at Turtle Rock, I think they want to block shareplay.

PS+ DriveClub has been delayed “until further notice” read: they’re looking for an exit strategy because they know it’s not possible without totally rebuilding the online component for the game.

There’s no DriveClub inline component because Evolution Studios totally botched the coding for it and the game is flooding their servers with data, it needs a complete rebuild, from what I’ve seen of similar problems I don’t think it can be patched. The Sony ICE Team have been called in on it, if they can’t do it then it can’t be done.

Referring to the Movember initiative as spam is disrespectful, you don’t have to read it.

We’ve known for months that when Binding of Isaac was ready it would be on Plus, not sure why you’re surprised about, it got great reviews on PC and now I get to see what the fuss is about.

Show full comment

They’ve already said they’re looking at video support in a later update, patience. And FYI, 99% of MKV files are pirated video and Sony own a movie studio, don’t be surprised if they stick with basic avi.

The PSN going down and Sony being radio silent on it (took three hours before the official twitter referred to it as an outage) was bad, they definitely need to work on better communication when things go wrong and sort out their maintenance schedule. For almost 8 years maintenance has always required the entire network to be taken down at EU peak time, surely by now this thing that s clustered so that maintenance can be done without switching it off, or at least rotate it so the Yanks can have their peak time taken away from them.

The games for plus in November SUCK. And it’s no surprise they haven’t included it in the “breaking news” section these games will break your heart. Screw you and your Movember.

Which retailers sell the The Mo Glows I really want one?

Any news on the evolve alpha ? Or are you just leaving the players in the dark as normal sony ? #thisisfortheplayers ? Yeah you sure do love upto that quote well done sony superb XBOX is destroying you at the moment and it’s meant to be the worst of the two console I’m starting not to believe that anymore!

nextbigthing91 01 November, 2014 @ 18:43
28.1

From what I hear, the Xbox version of the Evolve alpha plays pretty crap with a shoddy framerate etc.
PC version runs fine though.

I’m more concerned with knowing when or if Sony are going to fix the major bug with the latest firmware update which crashes the PS4 when you put it in ‘rest’ mode and won’t allow you to restart it again. As one of the main USP’s of PS4 is the ability to leave it in ‘standby’ to allow automatic download of updates, games etc and for charging controllers. This is just not acceptable. I used to leave mine in standby all the time and now cannot do that.

Show full comment

I’ve no idea why they had to change it from ‘standby’ to ‘rest’ anyway. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!! Also why haven’t Sony got any QA department that tests these updates on their own systems before releasing them? I read on CNET that they have 2 PS4’s and they have the problem on both so it wouldn’t have been difficult for Sony to replicate this bug. Also it says on CNET to ‘under no circumstances unplug the PS4 when the orange light is flashing to reboot it as this could corrupt the system’ Unfortunately I had already done so! If that is the case why haven’t Sony issued a statement to all users explaining that, or indeed any statement at all?!

You would be better talking to a brick wall because sony ain’t going to reply for me the ps4 had been a fail the PS3 is still better than the 4

After one year it’s clear where the PS4-Xbox One rivalry is going. It’s going to be the exact same thing that happened with PS3-Xbox360, but vice versa. It’s now Sony that’s getting full of themselves, being well aware that they don’t need to care anymore, or even try, with how much they are selling the console. Microsoft on the other hand redeemed itself only after a year, with a good game after a good game, constant new features (OMG MKV!!!) and stable servers.

It also seems Yoshida was turned into an excuse machine lately, where when something goes bad, he just goes to say something, and Sony thinks everything is going to be ok in gamers minds. No, it’s not! Lack of communication, very slow updates, unstable PSN is getting quite annoying.

Playstation is ready for Movember and I am ready for XboxOne.

CoolRichy007UK 01 November, 2014 @ 16:40

Evolve more like devolved lol oh and farcry4 pre order is in ps4 store it says out 18th November uk and usa dnt belive me go look same day as gta5. £79.99 for farcry4 gold with season pass soldddddddd

Haters gonna hate. Fanboys/girls gonna fan. Commentors gonna comment. Critics gonna critic. Seems like all love has been lost. I for one, will continue to support Sony/PlayStation.

34.1

Gators gonna gate

My PS+ subscription ends tomorrow I believe, and I am glad to say I will never be subscribing to it again, or stepping up from my PS3 to a PS4 (nor will I be going to Xbox)

Steam + Big Picture Mode + X360 Controller + TV & PC = Happy gaming. Where I get to buy digital games online at a reasonable price. Where I don’t have to pay to play online. Where cloud saves are part of the service at no cost. Where I don’t subscribe to “rent” old indie games.

Ollie, do you know where these mo glow vinyls are sold? I can’t find them anywhere. Also tried to find a list of retailers that stock them but nothing comes up. Please help!

Dear Sony,

You simply just can’t afford that quality you provide. Having such a great console on the market with over 13.5 million sold is superb. Xbox One is just lagging behind, Microsoft deserves that. I had been a great Xbox fan for seven years, two years ago I bought my first PS3 and it was no question for me which new generation console I was going to buy.

The hardver I adore. But on the software side you cannot be proud of your services. You have a sluggish network, the system software is simple as a stone, system update 2.0 just made it worse. How come? You don’t have enough money to hire decent software engineers? You yourself do with that quality? Then it is a shame.

Don’t get comfortable with your leading position over Microsoft, once they take the lead, they will not slow down, but speed up.

It is high time now for you to reconsider what you do with your PAYING customers, if you don’t, you will lose a lot as time passes.

Including myself.

Ps plus over all three systems is amazing value.Its unbelievable its still only £40 a year. Unfortunately we live in a society were people want something for nothing or next to nothing.

38.1

We’re paying for a service that is badly maintained and hardly works. It’s hardly something for nothing when we expect to get what we pay for.

People are complaining because the service used to be freakin’ awesome. Been a member for almost two years and here are some games they spoiled us with: Saints Row 3, Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, LBP Karting, Dead Space 3, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, MGS Revengeance, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Spec Ops The Line and many many more awesome games. And now we’re getting 6 crappy indie games, one of which looks like it was made for the gameboy from the early 90’s.

Great value for money ? Where is the value ? Paying for psn and sony still can’t reply on there blogs pathetic I’m not putting anymore money into sony until they fix everything that includes not buying games not paying for psn PS3 don’t pay nothing and they are better off than ps4 users it’s a joke

if this is true for november
then we had one very bad year for PS4+ games.

PlayStation 4
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
SteamWorld Dig

PlayStation 3
Frozen Synapse Prime
Luftrausers

PlayStation Vita
The Hungry Horde
Escape Plan

40.1

Dunno, its not a great month but that has nothing to do with the quality of the games.

PS4, I’m looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about with Isaac, but Steamworld Dig has been on sale three times since it was released (if you include the original PS+ launch discount) and one of those sales was very recent. Discounting games then giving them away on Plus just weeks later has always been a cause for complaint and something that Chris promised to try and improve, not happening though.

PS3, no retail title, Frozen Synapse is great, but the PS3 has had at least one retail title in its lineup every month since IGC launched, to suddenly not have one sets a worrying precedent.

Show full comment

Vita, Escape Plan has been on sale a bunch of times since release, don’t remember when the last time was though. Also is this the complete edition we’re getting our just the basic? Before it was removed from the US Blog it didn’t specify which makes me think basic edition, which would be a bad deal if not for the fact that all but one of the games this month have Vita cross buy.

Yes this is true, it was on the US blog and the official video is on youtube. They just decided not to release any info on it on the euro blog for the only reason I can think of, they know the games are crap this time. Except maybe Escape Plan.

I’ll believe it when I see it…and even them I’ll have a bad time believing it…

102 comments 0 author reply’s ? Sony you are there right ?

Forget it, you might as well go to the us blog instead, they at least say something, well not so much lately after driveclub flop.

To the people hitting out against those complaining about the lack of PS Plus update…

You all do realise that Sony doing this whole charity thing is just a positive PR drive right? Same with most companies when it comes to charity because the investors don’t care, they just want their profits and making a company seem charitable is good for company image & business.
Don’t go defending Sony thinking they’ve suddenly become great for doing it, on a business level they don’t care, nor did they ever.

What the hell is everyones problem with the PS+? You pay £40 for 1 year and if you have all 3 platforms you get 6 games every month. Every game is at least worth £10, but often more. Let’s just calculate. 6 games every month, each worth £10(or more) that’s £60 worth games. And you paid £40 for one year. You got back £20 in the first month. And if we look all 12 months then we get £720 worth games(actually more). Don’t tell me that’s not worth it. For £40/year. What would you like to get? AC4? Knack? Because I don’t want these because I already have them. Way better to get indies than get games what I already have.

Shapeshifter_dan 02 November, 2014 @ 21:40
43.1

Agreed. First thing would happen if they put those games there or other games will be the cry “bbbbbut…..I already own/played them”. Same thing happaned with PS3. Can’t win either way.

So, yeah, crybabies.

43.2

The service has seen a distinct drop in quality since the arrival of Playstation 4 despite the Sony Europe team promising it wouldn’t change things. Also the Europe team is just terrible. There’s regularly late releases, problems with the storefront, lack of communication, bad decisions, lack of effort to get games over here, ridiculous pricing, lies and passing the blame.

Also they just can’t be bothered with Psone or PSP compatibility with the vita so we have a tiny library compared to the US and there’s a lot of games/dlc they haven’t even bothered to make available at all.

From the US Blog regarding the Plus content, posted today

“+ Sid Shuman on November 2nd, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

PS Plus details are coming soon – stay tuned.”

Nice to have a response, despite being from the US t could account for the delay here too…perhaps there is a last minute change!

44.1

I already got an email with the same line up that’s been posted so don’t think it’ll be changing. There’s nothing wrong with most of those games but nothing really for me, nothing with much meat unfortunately. Good to see people are listening, shame the voting didn’t last, was a positive move.

44.2

The voting could never work really, it was little more than a crowd pleaser and it backfired when it became apparent that the only thing the votes did was generate a result and not actually influence the IGC.

At the end of the day, publishers have to agree to have their game given away, sure Sony offer financial incentives for them to do so but its still an agreement. We can vote for RPGs or whatever all we want, if the publishers don’t want to give those away we get what they will give, puzzle games. Indie devs are loving IGC right now, rather than sending their games to fight the big boys they’re getting guaranteed payments from Sony and a good guy rep that improves their standing for their next game that they will be selling, good business move for them, good for Sony too as its way cheaper to get an indie to give up his game than say Activision to give up one of theirs.

44.3

I definitely wouldn’t rule out a change. Just because some promo emails have gone out doesn’t mean they won’t make a last minute swap or addition.

If you go on YouTube you can still find a video of Rushy promising the full version of DriveClub to all PS+ subscribers but here we are 15 months later with Shu saying it might be totally cancelled.

Show more replies

When can we expect San Andtreas HD and Sunset Overdrive? Never you say? Ok, no problem we still have Movember. This is Sony, for the the ¤players with moustache.

45.1

Subset Overdrive is an MS exclusive, whether it’s temporary or full exclusive I don’t know, hopefully temporary.

San Andreas HD isn’t actually a HD remake either, it’s a port of the mobile version and it’s a really bad one at that.

Uh-oh, I received an invitation from 2cv com to a PlayStation Plus survey …..can’t believe that anybody cares about the results, since everybody who is not completely blindfolded, can understand from reading this blog alone, that Sonys’ PSplus is shooting itself in the foot.

And since I am at it:
I do not enjoy online gaming anymore (where most of the time I have to listen to kids yelling in the background), I prefer split-screen, which, alas, was no feature with the games I purchased lately.
And with IGC becoming so ridiculous there will be no reason for me to renew PSplus. I am not looking forward for 9 more deluding IGCs until the service expires next summer, means 9 more times I will feel like Sony is making a fool of me.

Where can I get one of Thetis controller can some one leet me know

Unless something really bad happened in Sony HQs, like an alien invasion, group suicides because of bad customer support, broken fingernails or whatever, this dead silence regarding IGC saw how a huge company can be so small…

And people are so angry about this that even on a good-spirit blog spot like this specific one, they get out their anger.

And all these ones on the 1st anniversary of PS4. Well done Sony executives !!! Well done !!! No go home and play with your XBox.

Do we get igc update this week or next? It was put back a week last month.

Could we get an ETA on when you’re going to fix the problem with PS4 not being able to be restarted when switched to Rest Mode (other than switching off/on power)? I’m getting worried about my PS4 rebuilding the database every time this happens.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history