Posted

Find out what’s coming to PlayStation Plus in November, and beyond…

Binding of Isaac, Steamworld Dig, Escape Plan, Luftrausers, The Hungry Horde, more

Hi everyone. Before we get into the details on November’s new PS Plus games, we understand many of you are waiting for DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition to be added to the Instant Game Collection, and we apologise that the game is not yet ready to launch. We want you to know that we’re committed to providing DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition to members when it’s ready, and the team at Evolution Studios is working hard to make it a reality.

In the meantime, we want to make sure you still have some amazing free games to play throughout the holidays. As you may already have read, in the month of November we’ll have The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Steamworld Dig on PS4, Frozen Synapse Prime and Luftrausers on PS3, and The Hungry Horde and Escape Plan on PS Vita.

Beyond that, in December we’re adding Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos to PS4’s IGC line up. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is the first AAA Blu-ray title to join the Instant Game Collection for PS4, and we think you’re going to love it. Then in January, we’re adding inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper for PS4. We will still add DRIVECLUB to the PS Plus line up when it becomes available.

So, to recap:

December

• Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  • Secret Ponchos
  • More TBC

January

• inFAMOUS: First Light
  • The Swapper
  • More TBC

On that note, let’s take a closer look at the games coming to PS Plus this Wednesday, 5th November…

New on PlayStation 4

First up this month on PS4 (and Cross Buy on PS Vita), make sure you pick up the keenly anticipated Binding of Isaac Rebirth! This fiendishly addictive action RPG from the twisted imagination of Edmund McMillen boasts over hundreds of hours of gameplay, 450 items, weapons and power-ups to find, as well as 50 bosses to face off against!

Next up, more Cross Buy fun with the beautifully crafted Steamworld Dig, a platform adventure which puts a unique mining-centric spin on the tried and tested Metroidvania genre. Take on the role of Rusty, a mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…

New on PS Vita

Leading the way on PS Vita this month is quirky action puzzler The Hungry Horde. Lead a horde of zombies on a manic mission to swell the ranks of the undead and destroy humanity. Chase, corner and infect humans to grow your horde and stop it being nuked by the military whilst tackling a series of entertaining zombie-themed mini-games.

Also incoming this month, hatch an Escape Plan on both PS Vita and PS4 as you help captive duo Lil and Laarg to escape fiendish mastermind Bakuki’s gloop factory. Switch between the two characters as you guide them through a darkly comic adventure, using teamwork and their unique abilities to find different escape routes.

New on PlayStation 3

First up on PS3, acclaimed strategy title Frozen Synapse Prime in which you lead a small rebel faction set on overthrowing a powerful corporation. Control an elite strike team of futuristic soldiers; from shotgunners and snipers, to grenadiers and machine-gunners in the ultimate turn-based strategy game.

Finally, pick up Vlambeer’s stylish arcade shooter Luftrausers! Select from over 125 combinations of weapons, bodies, and propulsion systems and take to the skies to dogfight enemy fighter planes, battleships, submarines, and rival aces for glory, honour, and high scores.

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:
5th November: Dust: An Elysian Tale
5th November: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)
5th November: Batman Arkham Asylum
5th November: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3 only)
5th November: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
5th November: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)

Entering PS Plus:
5th November: Binding of Isaac Rebirth (PS4/PS Vita)
5th November: Steamworld Dig (PS4/PS Vita Cross Buy)
5th November: Frozen Synapse Prime
5th November: Luftrausers (PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)
5th November: The Hungry Horde
5th November: Escape Plan (PS4/PS Vita Cross Buy)

Don’t miss out! Make sure to add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49 / €6.99 p/m. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site. Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

474 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:33 pm   1

Wow. Three months in advance? That’s a brave move Chris, and to be applauded.

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

I’d like to add that it’s disappointing that it was left until now with no explanation. It created a great deal of bad feeling. Now that’s out of the way, id like to say how pleased I am with this month’s update. I’ve been looking forward to The Binding Of Issac for a long time, and having Escape Plan is a bonus.
    I already own Injustice, and for anyone whos not played it then that’s a good call, as is Infamous First light which is a really nice game.

cognac-vsop 4 November, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

they only doing that make us less angry about the Nov games. that’s why this post is so last minute! they afraid of the backlash, so they mentioning Dec and Jan stuff to try and make ppl less angry.

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:41 pm

Perhaps that’s so, but I still feel that this isn’t a bad month. While they may not be AAA, they are still good games, and we now have conficonfirmation that AAA games will be back in the IGC. That’s going to please many people, and can only be a good thing.

we only have confirmation aaa games are on ps4, how about ps3 owners? indie stuff from now on til they upgrade

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:54 pm

Then upgrade.
    The new console has been out for a year, it’s going to be phased out. That’s how these things work.

RichChestmat 4 November, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

I don’t know why I should upgrade from PS3 to PS4. The games don’t look any better than PS3. It’s not a compelling upgrade at all. I subscribed to PS+ before the PS4 was released so content for that is not of my concern.

I get the feeling this was left so late so they could let us know about December and January as they new this month would be seen as the worst month ever.

Greenpeace08 4 November, 2014 @ 7:27 pm

I don’t think the future of PS3 hinges on the plus games, considering the backlog I have and the contiued release of games for it then I c the long life all the other models had , as for this plus update future then all good news

@johnnycide Hopefully this means no more crying in the charity articles.

To those saying “why should I upgrade to PS4 the games look the same”:

The issue is that developers are looking at adoption rates for next gen, then when they see only 25% of the PS3 owners are playing on PS4 too they decide that their next multi million pound project will not net them enough profit (for their publisher) so they have to release on old gen too. Now if you look at destiny as an example it could be so much more open world if it wasn’t designed to be running on old gen systems.

So in answer to your question, upgrade! Or vote with your wallet and buy a PC there games are free if you want them to be, and if you like you can buy.

@Lozsta : That’s not the point really. The point is there are a lot of us who have invested in the PS3 ecosystem, including console, games and PS Plus subscription, and for whatever reason are not ready to re-invest into PS4 just yet.
    And recently, in the last few months, the PS3 games lineup on PS Plus has been absolute garbage. I can’t help feeling fleeced at taking out a 12 month PS Plus subscription 4 months ago, only to find the games lineup taking such a sharp downward shift in quality on PS3.

I can’t be the only PS3 owner feeling like this right now, and I can assure Sony, this does not exactly make me want to rush out and give them a further ยฃ400 +

Sounds cool ๐Ÿ˜›

LordDagoth4US 4 November, 2014 @ 7:51 pm

Agreed, but I’m concerned that this is their way of tricking people into another year of plus.
    Bear in mind that many people are about to have their subscriptions end as the PS4 came out just under twelve months ago. I’m not convinced plus is good and staying good until I’ve seen February and March.

rafaelmendes23 4 November, 2014 @ 10:07 pm

@LordDagoth4US then why not renewing with a 3 month sub?

forestluke 4 November, 2014 @ 11:57 pm

Not if you own a ps3. It would be nice if there was some upcoming games here for us, not sure it would make me renew my subscription though, this time last year plus was a no brainer for anyone who owned a ps3, then they forgot us, if you own a ps4 and plan to renew it soon i’d go for the 3 month option, less you be disappointed.
    If anyone from Playstion bothers to read this, let me make a statement on behalf of the silent majority (this is my first post here and may well be my last).
    Every fanboy and gadget freak owns a ps4 allready, the remainder of your potential demographic consists of kids and discerning adults (of which i am the later).
    Bearing in mind the average age of a gamer is 30 years old, and that working adults have considerably more money to spend on their hobbies than those with a paper round and or measley allowance, i suggest that you remember those discerning ps3 owners who have yet to make the jump to next gen, you may find they choose to play their next gen games (I.E. those i can’t get for my ps3) elsewhere.
    12 months ago i was 100% certain my next gen console would be a ps4, but microsoft have made up a lot of ground since then, and their game libary looks better too.
    Bearing in mind that both next gen consoles are under powered (remember i’m discerning, i do my research) and that plus has consistantly failed to deliver me games i actually want to play this year, what will be the edge that plus has over live? If it comes down to service i’d rather pay for live, dedicated multiplayer servers vs p2p, and less down time from what here too.
    If it was about the graphics i would build a pc, i want to play the best games on the best network.
    Remind me why i chose playstation for the last 17 years.

LordDagoth4US 5 November, 2014 @ 4:01 am

That’s the conclusion I was hoping people would reach, although I’m not going to tell people what to do. Many people will pay for a full year again as it’s better value for money. I’m trying to get people to think first.

@forestluke you say you do your research but then you come out with a comment saying XB1’s library looks better…. Here do some more research: http://www.listwar.com/

No matter what most people say, I do like this month.
Injustice is great can’t wait for it!
But I do have First Light Q_Q

About Secret Ponchos, is it on line only? Anyone knows ?

Mario__4__Life 4 November, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

I agree its pretty nice there is finally “full price games”. And since people pay for PLUS a year in advance usually, it also is pretty nice to let them know in advance what they get. Even if the content is rather boring for ps3 users, I think ps4 content is improving (which makes sense as I hear 80% of subscribers are on ps4 anyways)

I would love to know in advance what we will get but I dont think they will do it for two main reasons

1) Is not easy to make a deal a year before.
    2) If you know what is coming, then those games will just stop selling.

Secret Ponchos has couch Co-op and has 2-8 player online ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for that info, do you happen to know if I can play it alone? against Bots or something? I checked their official site but couldn’t find something specific.

Yes, there is a practice mode where you can battle against A.I.

Hooray!

cognac-vsop 4 November, 2014 @ 6:35 pm   5

This has to be the worst month I have seen since I got PS+
the months where I already had the games you gave was better than this!

ThaHammerMan333 4 November, 2014 @ 9:45 pm

Dude, read the text in the post!

136 likes to your comment says a lot of people feel the same. Sony are taking liberties here with PS3 owners who have handed over a years subscription. Not exactly what they promised is it. I’m sure there was mention of at least 1 AAA title a month. Well, I don’t see it for a few months now. Just garbage.

#playstationplussucks

PS+ for PS3 owners is now officially garbage trash. Looks like Sony are trying to force people to switch to PS4 by dropping PS+ AAA support on the IGC. It’s pretty lousy Sony. Many of us have invested in the PS+ subscription as PD3 owners, so to present us with such dreadful titles is a bit of an insult.
    This will not persuade me to speed up a change to PS4, quite the contrary, this really makes me question if Sony really is ‘for the players” , or if that’s all just marketing bull

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

MaxDiehard 4 November, 2014 @ 6:35 pm   7

I’m not impressed at all, not with the current game line-up, nor the abysmal service on this Blog and PSN as a whole.

You left us standing for over a week and not even so much as an apology?

You make me ashamed to be a PlayStation gamer after 19 years of loyalty and support.

We pay for PS+ as a premium service, yet we’ve had nothing but connection losses, unplanned maintenance and broken promises. (Looking at you Driveclub)

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

It might not be perfect but surely it’s a step in the right direction, no?

MaxDiehard 4 November, 2014 @ 6:46 pm

Revealing snippets of a future line-up does not redeem them in my books. There was no apology, no explanation of why there has been nothing the past week.

The-Aventador-25 4 November, 2014 @ 6:54 pm

Unlike you, I’m quite happy with the line-up. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth is a game I’m more excited for than some of the “triple A games” coming out this year. But with everything else you said I totally agree with. There’s a lot of room for improvement, Sony! (I will say though, that it is nice that you’re already telling us about the PS4 part of the IGC for the next two months.)

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:56 pm

Again, I agree that there should have been an acknowledgement of the delay, but the service looks to be improving. That’s a good thing.

MaxDiehard 4 November, 2014 @ 7:04 pm

When I get servers that don’t suck and messages that actually load, then i’ll be happy. I’m not paying out for flipping doughnuts here.

Greenpeace08 4 November, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

Max- I take it as ur a game maker that you won’t b releasing on a sony platform, just wonder considering ur sales pitch may need some changing, though of course better communication would always be better, havin said that no big company really provides it’s customers with all the info we ask for, for me this update is good, future games are great, my sub paid for itself along time ago, everything until it renews is a bonus

MaxDiehard my thoughts man! +1

Nightmareofkaito 21 November, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

You forgot to add that we also have a faulty plus game this month.

Good couple of months after this one well done Sony that should keep some people quite

LightSamus88 4 November, 2014 @ 6:36 pm   9

Oh, is Isaac’s PS4 version only on PS+? I was looking forward to the Vita one ๐Ÿ™

AshesArise 4 November, 2014 @ 6:36 pm   10

Its official, Sony has given up on PS+. November is poor, nine months of garbage.

Hmm, Resogun? Outlast? now Binding of Isaac? sorry I politely disagre

MaxDiehard 4 November, 2014 @ 6:53 pm

PS4 released in November in EU. Resogun and Outlast were in the first two months of PS+. The only months that didn’t suck.

johnnycide 4 November, 2014 @ 6:59 pm

Velocity 2x. Strider…. there’s been quite a few good games on plus.

MaxDiehard 4 November, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

Those two were the exception, but I already had Strider. Doesn’t make up for the entire month’s line-up though.

The-Aventador-25 4 November, 2014 @ 7:20 pm

And how about Sportsfriends and Towerfall: Ascension? Those are tons of fun too!

ratchetvanclank 4 November, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

I’m not complaining about all the indie-stuff. More angry about the fact that Sony PROMISED us last year that at the end of 2014 there would be 3 AAA-titles on ps+….all ps4 !! Have they forgotten about there promise ?!

Onlyrealmatze 4 November, 2014 @ 8:20 pm

Guess someone didn’t play Dust An Elysian Tail

Corbotron_5 4 November, 2014 @ 10:11 pm

I already own Lufthausers, Steamworld Dig, Frozen Synapse Prime and the original Binding of Isaac (on Mac) and theyโ€™re all genuinly excellent games. I can’t see how anyone could call this lineup garbage.

fps_d0minat0r 4 November, 2014 @ 11:14 pm

Yeah now compare the above garbage with some of 2013’s games….
    BioShock 2
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Assassin’s Creed III
    Far Cry 3
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Remember Me

And there were still plenty of indies for people who liked them as well.

So when PS4 came along, I and many others thought that forced PS+ is not really such a bad thing. Ok we might get indies at the beginning for PS4 but the PS3 and vita games should get even better (or at the very least remain constant) with the significant increase in revenue Sony will be making from the service. But boy were we wrong….

Chris Howe 5 November, 2014 @ 11:42 am

I would urge you to give all of these games a try before judging them, they are great games, they might not be to your taste in the end but surely they are worth a go?

ScooterMix 5 November, 2014 @ 12:40 pm

well sony look that people leaveing ps plus and they changeing things around since giveing AAA games for ps4 and still complain if dont like playstation anymore leave and go buy trash box 1 since has no name because not first consle

MaxDiehard 5 November, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

No, i’d rather not ‘give them a go’. If there’s something which I know is going to be rubbish, i’d rather not have it cluttering up my Trophy list.

@mrmook Resogun/Outlast are garbage!

wizzz7able 4 November, 2014 @ 6:37 pm   11

So any specific reason for the delay to post this? Or is ps plus now going to be revealed every first tuesday of the month?

NorthernFusion 4 November, 2014 @ 6:48 pm

Reassurance that PS Plus is still worth subscribing to, hence the Plus titles for PS4 being announced months in advance.

Chris Howe 5 November, 2014 @ 11:43 am

We were working right up to the last minute on a few things but we wanted to make sure we could bring you as much information as possible, hopefully you are happy with the outcome ๐Ÿ™‚

MaxDiehard 5 November, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

I just want an apology, not excuses.

Chris, how does that fit with the fact that you’d already released the information then retracted it, only to release the same information. Surely you couldn’t have still be “working right up to the last minute”. Was it not a case of seeing the backlash and then trying desperately to get something to keep us happy, but not being able to.

I am in no way an into any of the indie games you provide and again like last month this month is appalling.

jamesbduk 5 November, 2014 @ 10:11 pm

Wow. What a patronisingly awful and untrue response! Working on what exactly??

And no Chris, there are very few happy people…. (non smiley face)

thundercat600gbr 6 November, 2014 @ 1:55 pm

Chris Howe, you do have a strange sense of humour asking if we are happy with the outcome. We are not playstation plus has been getting worse and worse with time!

Whilst I like those Dec and Jan announcements I feel they are papering over the cracks appearing in the last few months

Ah, that explains the delayed announcement. You guys waited till you could confirm the PS4 content for next the two months too!
Makes sense to add that info, to reduce the fallout from an “all indie” month. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, not too happy with this month. Good that AAA follows, despite that the fighting genre is my least favorite genre. And please don’t forget PS3 and PSV.

first time they add bigger titles and i own them both lol and i have had most retail titles up till now so expect it to continue ๐Ÿ™‚

not fussed to be fair told you why before.

please dont give up on indies but sony some of us love these smaller style games so a return to the old style of a new indie with an older aaa would be perfect as its nice when you add a game to the service we cant already own on ps4.

looking forward to ponchos and have been since i first saw it.

I never gave up or minded indie titles hayzink. I criticized Plus when it seemed that they had intention to focus _only_ on the cheapest available content, for all 3 platforms.

Indies are good. A balanced content is even better.

I don’t consider First Light to be a “big” title btw. It is just a standalone extension and with a 73% rating not really a great one either. But hey, it’s better than another all indie month. ๐Ÿ˜‰

that part should have went in its own post tbh mate as it was not directed at what you were saying i just could not be bothered doing another post so tagged into this one ๐Ÿ™‚

now im doing another post because i forgot to say i actually rate first light more than second son.

look at my forum history and you will see i was pretty down on second son, it was a step back.

i liked first light far more (perhaps because i had lower expectations) and fetch is a more likeable lead than delsin was and regardless of what the reviews said i thought the story was better (the never lol)

Second son is awful. The original Infamous games were so much better

OMG you guys are amazing and just when everyone complained it was just indies BOOM INJUSTICE AND INFAMOUS FIRST LIGHT!!!! I always believed in you sony!!

It’s probably worth bearing in mind still that First Light is basically DLC

Nope, its a standalone extension better than dlc in my book as you don’t need the full game to enjoy it.

It’s DLC and Street fighter with superheroes… They are not amazing. Knack would have been good, and probably cheaper for Sony

zalwelgoedgaan 4 November, 2014 @ 6:38 pm   15

Injustice is a good title for ps4 owners who want a bigger + game. Good job and thanks for the heads up!

Also is Frozen Synapse ps3 version only?

wizzz7able 4 November, 2014 @ 6:41 pm

I highly doubt they’ll give vita 6 games for free in a month. Would be epic though if it was too its the entire lineup ๐Ÿ˜€

Chris Howe 5 November, 2014 @ 11:48 am

Frozen Synapse Prime is the PS3 version only on this occassion

Why So late? What was the issue?

cognac-vsop 4 November, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

cause they were scared of the backlash over these indie games. IGN announced the list like a week ago.

MaxDiehard 4 November, 2014 @ 6:48 pm

IGN revealed the list for the US a week ago, not the EU as it was still officially unconfirmed.

What the he’ll is wrong with people. You get what you want and it’s still not good enough.

jamesbduk 4 November, 2014 @ 7:36 pm

You might be happy mate, but i’m not.

I’m a PS3 owner only, and this is a terrible update.

Glad you’re happy though. Good for you!

jamesbduk Maybe you should upgrade then and stop expecting everything for next to nothing. Do the folks who put there hands in there pockets and bought a PS4 not deserve to be looked after then. If you ask me the PS3 has been hugely catered for by PS Plus and i have the backlog to prove it. The PS3 is a dying breed you had to know the offerings would start to dry up eventually, its called evolution, you got to move with it or get left behind.

jamesbduk 5 November, 2014 @ 10:15 pm

@TVR-77

Then why don’t Sony admit that us PS3 owners are a dying breed, and stop pretending that 2 Vita games for PS3 in November are as good as Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Infinate just 10 months ago?

liking the look of a few of those games, although i own tonnes of the upcoming offerings, i really should stop buying things xD

quick question, are AAA titles likely to be on ps+ most months from now on? or is this a peace offering because of driveclub delays?

Chris Howe 5 November, 2014 @ 11:49 am

We will continue to reveal the PS Plus content monthly and at this time I wouldn’t be able to confirm anything in regards to the type of content that will be coming to the service.

I meant hell. Damn predictive text

CoolBeard 4 November, 2014 @ 6:40 pm   21

So no games for PS4 again…

BillHicksLives 4 November, 2014 @ 6:40 pm   22

Nice to see you’ve announced some of the games for upcoming months plus, and that some them are genuine AAA releases but I have to ask, why on earth did it take you so long to bring us this information? We should have had this, or some other update, a week ago. This delay has caused some other posts, including one about Movember (very worthy cause I might add) to be bombarded with plus questions instead of staying relevant, which detracts from the posts original topic. Maybe you could set up a permanent post where any questions could be directed so all others posts get the attention they deserve. Remember Sony, communication is the key to any successful relationship.

IMHO Most people signed up for a year on PS+ when the PS4 released 1 year ago. which means their accounts are up for renewal. Unless they forgot to disable the auto billing for this service, I think a lot of gamers are going to leave PS+ and Sony are pooping themselves a little bit at the thought of their main incomes dwindling. I have a 2 year subscription so will be here until next year but if I signed up for 1 year on the promise that Driveclub would be released in March or April only to find that my 1 year sub has lapsed and still no sign of it I would be pretty p***d off, not to mention the poor quality games we have been getting the past 5 months. Again this is just my opinion. I will probably keep my sub next year because it will improve as the PS4 gets a larger collection of games but if it was up now i wouldn’t.

BillHicksLives 5 November, 2014 @ 12:13 pm

In what way is that a response to my comment? I really hate it when people ‘hijack’ a post just because they can’t bear the thought of going to the back of the queue. I was trying to highlight a valid issue here, not just about communication but about Movember, unless you think that voicing your “humble opinion” is more important than raising the awareness of cancer and men’s health problems? smh

Sorry Bill I misread your first post. I thought you praised the release of info for the upcoming months and questioned why they did but on re reading you only questioned the delay. I wasn’t ‘hijacking’ your post to bump my comment, that never even entered my head. I was giving my reasons as to why I thought they where releasing information on PS+ for the next 3 months in 1 blog post, which i thought was your initial question.

Exciting about the bigger games coming, Sucks for me I already have Injustice and First light but they’re great choices, been curious about the swapper too, hopefully this is the start of regular retail games ๐Ÿ˜€

VlayerTheSlayer 4 November, 2014 @ 6:41 pm   24

I’m really looking forward to Binding of Isaac tomorrow. I also look forward to the PS4 titles coming the next two months, and I like how you announced them this early in advance. Although it does take away a bit of the suspense every time we reach the end of a month awaiting the IGC announcements.

I just wish you’d communicate whatever problem you had with this months IGC sooner rather than later. At least tell us that there’s issues or something, rather than being quiet until today. Thank you.

TheNarrator 4 November, 2014 @ 6:41 pm   25

the PS4 games look very cool, like always, nice going dudes :). cool to hear about the AAA games, same with Vita too, all looking fun.

PS3 games seem to be going through a bad patch. cant please everyone every month, totally understandable, but for the last few months the PS3s havent been getting as many biggish AAA games as they used to (we we’re used to two a month 8D).

dont worry about awesome indies, PS4/Vita have those covered ;). PS3 gamers are only paying for games with their PS+ afterall, no need to go backwards 8).

piraat014 4 November, 2014 @ 6:42 pm   26

Nice Chris Howe keep up the good work

Suggestions for ps plus:

– Beyond two souls
– TLOU Remastered
– BF4 / fifa 14 ps4

– Rain
– Flower
– Naruto Storm 3
– Skyrim
– Dark Souls (2)

stargateheaven 4 November, 2014 @ 6:42 pm   27

Could you make the sum up video more like the US version?
It’s confusing having The games in a random order. Just show ps4, ps3, vita. in order please.

buczanova 4 November, 2014 @ 6:42 pm   28

Can’t wait for Binding of Isaac, I played it on PC and it’s a great game. Also, PS4 line up for December and January looks great, can’t wait to play this games and i’m happy that PS plus finally becomes something good.

shake_zulaYEAH 4 November, 2014 @ 6:42 pm   29

Delighted about BoI and the two PS3 games look good too. Announcing Infamous and Injustice so far in advance seems strange, surely now nobody is going to buy them in the next couple of months? I’m not complaining, of course

Serpantino 4 November, 2014 @ 6:43 pm   30

The reveal in advance for ps4 basically sounds like it’s been done because the rubbish offerings lately have been costing them subscriptions. Guess what Sony, your performance has ensured some of us won’t be getting a ps4, I didn’t even consider the Xbox one but ironically Sony has pushed me to actually pay attention to it’s offerings.

You’ve shown a complete inability to handle the European market.

jamesbduk 4 November, 2014 @ 7:43 pm

I agree.

I was quite smug for a while at how great PS+ was, and actually converted a few Xbox fans to PS3.

I feel utterly let down now though, and will never consider a Sony product again.

There’s a saying in business that if something good happens, you tell one person. If something bad happens you tell three.

I wonder how many potential customers Sony has lost over all of this, because the angry and fed up customers outnumber the happy ones by about 3 to 1?

andrewsqual 4 November, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

That sounds like you were supposed to have some kind of weight or even threat in what you were saying.
    But seriously??? Xbox One and the word “offerings”??? What offerings? Crimson Dragon has been on their “offerings” this past 4 months. Was in a friend’s house and he hates that new “Viking” game that is this month’s only Xbox One “offering”.
    You don’t like the 9 games we are getting across the 3 consoles this month again? That’s fine but please stop thinking everybody shares your opinion or that bringing up “Xbox” is a terrifying and massive deal.
    Its like the people who say “PREORDER CANCELLED” when a Season Pass gets announced for a game………………..and then still buy the game ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m pretty sure it was done because a lot of people are due for their renewal in November. They want people to renew by showing them what will be offered to them, instead of being put off by the recent offerings.

Completely agree with you Serpantino. I’ve been a PS+ subscriber since the IGC started, first US then EU. I felt the yearly sub was really worth it. My sub ended yesterday and i don’t think i’ll renew it anytime soon considering:

-the games we were “given” in the past 6-8 months (i own a ps3 and a vita)
    -the games announced for ps4 in the next few months don’t interest me in the least
    -the fact that ps+ is compulsary to play online on ps4
    -the bad communication on this blog. One post, hundreds of comments and questions, 2 or 3 vague answers and that’s it.

A few months back, i was pretty sure i’d have a ps4 by the end of the year. That won’t be the case.
    I feel playstation brand and PS+ service has gone downhill in the past 12 months. Xbox one is not an option for me but a brand new PC definitely is.

Have fun with your over priced weak spec xbone. Also how come half the country’s in EU can’t use voice command on xbone? And you complain about Sony?

DarkArchoNx66 4 November, 2014 @ 6:43 pm   31

Not really impressed with either December or January. I was really hoping for some good games before my sub expires. Well, it’s already bad so no difference..Well, thank you and good bye.

ccfc_ws-db1 4 November, 2014 @ 6:44 pm   32

So PS3 users get screwed over in the meantime right? Getting 5-6 year old AA games that cost ยฃ3 in second hand retail stores, and horrible games that have no interest for the older players?

Tell me OP and SONY, what have PS3 users done to deserve the excessive flow of [MODERATED] that you give them?

not all people have got what they want,all this is is damage control, what about ps3 owners, are we gonna be subjected to indie tat every month now, vita owners? ive got all 3 and i still think this month is a shambles (bar isaac, which i have on pc anyway)
The only reason for the delay is so they can try and sweeten the crap of this month with whats coming dec and jan, proves they know how bad it has got. and i am thankful they are trying at least.
But i would (and im sure others would) still like to know if any retail games gonna come out for ps3 in the igc or has it just been given up on that console?

no more indie , please >>>

ten-bucks 4 November, 2014 @ 6:45 pm   35

Good news for triple a games coming thru although injustice not for me as u couldn’t get into it. I asked 4 times why plant v zombie was not on Halloween sale. No answer although on an email to pop cap the decision for it being on sale was a Sony promotion!!!!!
Back to plus not all games recently have been my cup of tea, some have so thanks. The cloak and dagger stuff has been poor pr. BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO SORT out the maintenance issues its shocking.

Thanks for the advance notice of Injustice and Infamous!

misi2mezei 4 November, 2014 @ 6:45 pm   37

I hope after this everyone’s gonna shut up and stop complaining about the “bad” PS+ games….

Don’t be silly, of course they won’t. The funniest part is that some people are complaining when Sony try to make amends by announcing the PS4 lineup 2 extra months ahead – and instead insist on getting an apology for this announcement being late.

No one is gonna shut up about it, nothing can amend for a bad month, especially when it’s more than one month.
    We voice our opinions to be heard, not all of us like indies, so not all of us want indies

Although, the next two months seem nice, so I hope it they try and have less indies than like before

VictinisRage 4 November, 2014 @ 9:59 pm

But…PS+ IS bad.

Lol is that REALLY that hard to understand?

Don’t get me wrong. Sony is my life.

But Plus has really fallen.

Kandracar 4 November, 2014 @ 6:46 pm   38

Excellent, the PS4 games in the coming months are of a really good standard. I would like to add though that the PS3 additions to the service are still of great value to me and I do hope there will be some good games coming, ratchet and clank nexus, rain, far cry 3 blood dragon would be good examples. Anyway good updates to come thanks.

same here, my ps3 still gets a fair bit of attention and there are alot of gems that i havent played and would like to see in the igc, hope its not gonna be indie stuff all time from now on

Wow, 5 PS Vita games this month, thanks a lot for the early christmas present!! (well it’s like it’s christmas every month with PS+!!)

Also, @ Sony Computer Entertainment PS+ Team. You really do not have to listen to the whiners and PS+ beggers too much (no offense to those though). The value of PS+ is already really incredible. If you keep adding more and more value due to a vocal minority of whiners, you will only devalue game purchases that people buy.

Look at all these games I’ve got for one month PS+ on PS Vita (so just one platform, doesn’t even include PS3 or PS4) for โ‚ฌ40.

26 The Jak and Daxter Trilogy (cross-buy)
27 Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (cross-buy)
28 Street Fighter X Tekken
29 Touch My Katamari
30 MotorStorm RC
31 Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
32 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
33 Guacamelee! (cross-buy)
34 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
35 Soul Sacrifice
36 Dynasty Warriors Next
37 ModNation Racers: Road Trip
38 PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD
39 Smart As…
40 Hotline Miami (cross-buy)
41 MotoGP 13
42 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (cross-buy)
43 Muramasa Rebirth
44 Everybody’s Golf
45 Dragon’s Crown
46 Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (cross-buy)
47 PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate (cross-buy)
48 Surge Deluxe
49 Doki-Doki Universe (cross-buy)
50 Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
51 Fez (cross-buy)
52 Lego Harry Potter: Years 5โ€“7
53 Metrico
54 Proteus (cross-buy)
55 Joe Danger
56 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (cross-buy)
57 TxK
58 Velocity 2X (cross-buy)
59 Pix the Cat (cross-buy)
60 Rainbow Moon (cross-buy)
61 Spelunky (cross-buy)

If the complainers and whiners think that that’s a bad deal for โ‚ฌ40, then don’t bother, they’re insatiable then and they’ll only be conditioned to demand more and more.

Also not to mention if the whiners and complainers keep coming back, despite being so seemingly unsatisfied.. Then that means deep down, they must truly love PlayStation lol.

RichChestmat 4 November, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

Not such a great or long list if you don’t have Vita. It worked for you but I signed up for the PS3 content.

RichChestmat 4 November, 2014 @ 6:59 pm

Please confirm if you have given up on PS3 as a strategy or if it’s just accidental. I signed up on the basis of the IGC and the content has been shrinking rapidly. I wouldn’t mind if I could cancel/not renew and keep playing the games I already had, but I can’t.
    If I don’t see a future for PS3 then I see how you will treat me if I went to PS4. So it’s not just my PS+ at risk but the whole brand.

DarkArchoNx66 4 November, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

Good for you. I kinda envy you….for having so much time at your hands. As someone who has real life **** to do and from the moment I subscribe mainly for Ps3 (since I don’t own any other console atm), the deal is no longer worth it. Me, I’ve only managed to play thus far Tomb Raider/Crysis3/Dead Space3 (hell I haven’t even gotten around to play games from last year), so could you tell me what’s my incentive to subscribe again when my current sub expires?

Also, I’d advice you to pull your head out of your *** and refrain from labeling people who dare to voice their opinions against the lies, broken promises and the deception. Also, it’s not just 50 euro a year. Sure it is for each of us individually but you must be very naive and daft to think that it is as simple as you seem to think..Can you even comprehend the kind of revenue sony generates just from all those million subscribers? So, yeah paying for a whole year to rent a bunch of retro/indie outdated crap I could play on a console 2 generations ago doesn’t look so attractive for me and many other people you call whiners and complainers….Have a nice day.

RichChestmat 4 November, 2014 @ 7:07 pm

It’s not just the ยฃ40 a year. You own none of these games – they are rentals only. You stop subscribing then you lose access to your existing content.

@ DarkArchoNx6

I apologize if my comment rubbed you in the wrong way. You’re right, maybe I should not have called the people with let’s say high standards for PS+, “whiners”.

And no, I certainly do not have the time to play all the PS+ games and I assume it’s the case for many people as well.

And yeah if you don’t find PS+ attractive on PS+, then you should totally not sub, it’s up to you. I do have my reasons to subscribe to PS+, although I might not renew it either (because of time and studies and I’ve a substantial backlog of other games to complete as well).

DarkArchoNx66 4 November, 2014 @ 7:44 pm

No worries m8, and pardon me for being somewhat aggressive. It’s not the whiner or beggar that bothered me. It’s just that some of you don’t really understand how things are. If we examine the service, how it was and how it has come to be here, you’ll see where the complaints are coming from. We’re talking about lies, broken promises and more. There are many people who only own a ps3 console. We knew about the vita when we subscribed but Ps4 came later to add to the problems. People who don’t care about online gaming/Ps4 games (although a few good games wouldn’t hurt either for future purposes), really have no reason to keep on paying for a whole year (even if it’s just 4 euros which really isn’t much of an argument if you take into account the whole community) to rent games that they never going to play. Either because they are not interested or simply because they don’t have the time.

Anyway, personally I’ve made up my mind for a long time now since it was obvious where we were headed with the complete push back of Ps3 in order to force people to buy a Ps4. I would have probably bought one already if I hadn’t learned anything from buying a Ps3 since day one. Bottom line, things are how they are and complaining or not doesn’t produce anything. But people are upset and we have the right to express our opinion. At the end of they we are not asking for charity. We’re paying for services that no longer worth its price..We’ll see how everything plays out..

Thunderlizzard 4 November, 2014 @ 9:24 pm

@RichChestmat

Totally agree… the PS3 content for the last 12 months was absolutely shocking! Just take a look at the rubbish they gave you for less than the price of ONE regular game.

117 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    118 MotorStorm RC (cross-buy)
    119 Remember Me
    120 Grid 2
    121 Guacamelee! (cross-buy)
    122 DmC: Devil May Cry
    123 Borderlands 2
    124 Metro: Last Light
    125 BioShock Infinite
    126 Tomb Raider
    127 Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    128 Hotline Miami (cross-buy)
    129 Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
    130 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (cross-buy)
    131 Payday 2
    132 Puppeteer
    133 Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (cross-buy)
    134 NBA 2K14
    135 Dead Space 3
    136 Doki-Doki Universe (cross-buy)
    137 Vessel
    138 Crysis 3
    139 Fez (cross-buy)
    140 Proteus (cross-buy)
    141 Hoard
    142 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (cross-buy)
    143 Sportsfriends (cross-buy)
    144 Batman: Arkham Asylum
    145 Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
    146 Rainbow Moon (cross-buy)
    147 Spelunky (cross-buy)

Rental only? Who cares? Personally, I don’t, I’ve subscribed since day 1 and am still getting more and more and more (on PS3, PS4 and Vita!) and there’s very rarely a game I’m interested in for longer that 12 months.

If you do care, if this particular method of acquiring games is not for you, then go back to the shops, build your disc collection like you always did and enjoy that but please can we stop all the whining about PS+ because, seriously, you cannot complain that Sony don’t give enough content.

A quick tot up on the Instant Game Collection Wiki page shows they’ve given out 300 games across all platforms in the 4 years this service has been available… 300!!! … I’ve spent more money upgrading the storage on my consoles to fit it all in that I have on the subscription.

RichChestmat 5 November, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

Your list includes things from a long time ago. Recent additions are below par. It’s funny that you include Proteus on that list. That’s a humblebundle experiment if there was ever one. There was a slight bump in quality last month but even then that was for some very very old stuff. If you look at the last 6 months it’s a different picture (mostly via Vita cross-buy luck), and that’s what the outlook would seem to be going forward.

Well, I have been disappointed with the PS+ Plus offerings for the past 3 months but this looks awesome!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Thanks for the advance notice on First Light!

Njitram2000 4 November, 2014 @ 7:20 pm

Same here. I would have been really annoyed if it had been announced 2 months from now and I had bought it during Christmas. Here’s to hoping this dark time in the PS+ chronicles is over ๐Ÿ™‚

nulenvoid 4 November, 2014 @ 6:50 pm   41

I own inFAMOUS: First Light but I don’t care, that’s a very good PS+ offering and really good to see. Kudos for posting early and giving people an indication of what to expect.

dark_angel69 4 November, 2014 @ 6:50 pm   42

I’m disappointed with this month as it could have been better but I will try out The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, The Hungry Horde and maybe Steamworld Dig. Just a shame The Hungry Horde wasn’t released on time for Halloween but still looks fun. I feel PS3 is a very big let down as it used to get great games and now it’s getting smaller ones that don’t interest me.

But I’m excited for the December and January list! It’s amazing we’re getting Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and inFAMOUS First Light!!! Very happy with those two.

But what’s the reason for revealing them now? Is it just a one time thing or will this be happening for now on?

whodareshero 4 November, 2014 @ 6:50 pm   43

So I don’t have a problem with the November line up however hasn’t SteamWorldDig been on it before? Love the game and I’m sure that’s how I have it! Coming months look epic!

Thunderlizzard 4 November, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

Nope, no free SteamWorld yet although it was on sale a little while back for next to nothing.

Not too keen on November myself (may be the only person who doesn’t get on with Isaac and I bought SWD in the above mentioned sale) but at least I have time to work on the huge backlog and I’m thoroughly impressed with Injustice. I was convinced Knack would be the first AAA.

Inherentdragon 4 November, 2014 @ 6:52 pm   44

Well impressed for this month ( yes I love a lot of indie games) ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward to the Hungry Horde especially! And looking forward to the next couple of months line up too!My birthday in a few weeks and had First Light on my list,guess I’ll replace it with something else ๐Ÿ™‚ cant see why so many people whine and complain to be honest!

What about PS3 games for December and beyond?

This. And, come to think of it, how far in advance will Sony give to warn PS3 owners that the service on that platform might be being closed off? I have no plans to upgrade to PS4 in the future but I’d like to get some idea of how long I can expect to be able to use Plus on my PS3

fps_d0minat0r 4 November, 2014 @ 11:24 pm

@ DiJayEm
    In advance? lol this is Sony.
    They will make an announcement 1 week after the plug has been pulled on PS3 IGC.

Chris Howe 5 November, 2014 @ 11:53 am

We’ll provide an update on PS3 and PS VITA titles for December closer to the time they go live in the service

madmanwithabox12 4 November, 2014 @ 6:53 pm   46

Ungrateful people still complaining… smh.

cognac-vsop 4 November, 2014 @ 7:00 pm

says the dude without the PS+ subscription.. lol

madmanwithabox12 4 November, 2014 @ 7:29 pm

I’m not in a financial position where I can just devote money to a subscription like that. If I was though, you can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn’t be whining about the free games Sony was throwing at me. Part of what makes Plus special is that you get to try new things, but too many of you are ignorant and unwilling to take a chance on what might be a great game on the basis it looks like “8/16 bit garbage”.

More importantly, if you’re not happy with the service then cancel your subscription. Simple, you’re the one in control of your money. And don’t even think of trying to tell me you “have” to have PS+ because of PS4 now. Because if you can’t live without the PS4 online gaming, then you’ve really no right to say you’re not satisfied with the services Plus offers.

DarkArchoNx66 5 November, 2014 @ 2:35 am

Seriously? You can’t spare/find 40 quid? What are you 12 or something. Pardon me but I don’t understand why you’re getting involved in a matter you have no saying or stake on the issue for what matters. Especially when you’re making ignorant statements and assumptions. We’re not getting anything for free, so despite what you may think, they are not doing us any favor…We’re paying a fee, a yearly (I’m presuming most of us) subscription for a service that it’s not at all what it used to be. We agreed to be a part of it under different conditions that have been changed more than once and without warnings abruptly and for the worse…You should examine the history of the service and take into account several things that have caused people to complain..Is it so wrong to not want to be taken advantage, be respected and paying for something that is worthwhile? You may say that you’re only paying very little compare to the quantity of titles you’re receiving in exchange and that you should broaden your horizons and give a chance to discover something you. And you’ll be wrong in every single one of those.

Firstly, with the kind of money that Sony makes from the all those subscriptions, I would like for the services to be kept at a certain level..To avoid any misunderstanding, I am not asking for good games whenever and wherever the feel like it, but I am demanding good titles. Not every single month necessarily but take me for instance who after 10 months of paying every month I’ve only managed (or more being interested) to play one 3 games. Do you think that’s not a reason to complain? Do you think I (and so many others) should I be over the moon that the last month we got a game from 2008 and the months before that (and this one) some retro/indie/puzzle outdated crap that have no interest in and would never try out otherwise? When people who own one console (Vita was always part of the deal but who cares), and no longer feel obliged/have no incentive to renew their sub because they don’t care about online gaming and haven’t got a worthy game for 4 months in a row, don’t you think they have valid reasons to complain. If someone has given you false promises about a certain level to be kept, had lied and cheated you out of your money, would you bend over backwards without saying nothing?

madmanwithabox12 5 November, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

Right, yeah. I must be 12. Cause unemployment isn’t a thing. Especially with the current job climate, yeah, I must be a 12 year old, not an unemployed adult who’d prefer to penny-pinch and be somewhat sensible with the little money he has.

On top of that, it’s my choice how I spend my money. But like I keep saying, I wasn’t happy with the service I’d cancel my subscription, you know, like it’s within my own power to do so? Or are you seriously telling me that you’re so mad at Sony and the service that they’re offering that you want to keep paying for it? Seriously, you don’t have to pay for PS+ if it’s not up to your ridiculously high standards. You can actually stop paying to be miserable and angry. Crazy, I know.

Then again, what do I know? I’m only twelve.

DarkArchoNx66 5 November, 2014 @ 12:43 pm

Sorry, I didn’t know things were bad in England. Last time I was there things were relatively ok. Regardless, 40 quid isn’t such a big deal for someone who loves games I would think.

You might not be 12, but you definitely don’t know what you’re talking about. The service used to be all right until last February, so like now that they bait people with the offering we fall for that ploy last year as well. Our Sub still runs from the symbol next to the avatar if you notice. We can’t cancel or get a refund. So what do you think we should when we’re feeling cheated. Some will not indeed renew. Others who are content right now because they got an AAA game after a whole year, will realize sooner or later during the year what it is we who primary had subscribed for Ps3 feel like.

Again, you should make a research instead of jumping to conclusions. If you had all the facts you wouldn’t be so quick to judge the people who complain. How we got here and where we were is also pretty important. Like I said before nobody is asking for charity and not every month can’t be what each one of us want. But the service has gone downhill for almost a year and that is not acceptable..

OLDSKOOL_O-G 6 November, 2014 @ 11:51 am

Im guessing you dont own a ps4 either , we have to have ps plus to play online with our ps4’s there should be a option of ps plus versions 1 including games the other to just be able to go online , yeah money is tight for some people so imagine having to save your money up for 12 months ps plus just to feel let down every month

zalwelgoedgaan 4 November, 2014 @ 6:53 pm   47

Guys, don’t forget there are still winter sales coming up, we might get some good plus deals coming up. Personally I hope that they will start with โ‚ฌ1 sales. Lots of ps3 psp and vita games waiting to be discovered.

I might sound like a shill, but most people here know that I have no hard feelings smacking Sony in the face when they mess up, but I will give them props for improving the ps4 line up. I’m simply giving credit where it is due.

Snaip1_BG 4 November, 2014 @ 6:55 pm   48

finaly good monts im very happy!

Sooo…. in other words the game that was supposed to launch with PS plus last year on PS4 is unlikely to come this year either (or early next year it seems). A game that is already crippled into a glorified demo, can’t even supply a single player only experience? Some of us might think there is very little value to multiplayer and looking to get rid of PS plus as soon as possible. And in its place you’re shovelling rubbish out and calling it a feast, even if the indy games are great (probably like 1 or 2 hits for me this year so doubt it), their value is not. Their worth based on their own appraisals for consumers to buy is not at the same value as the games we got previously. Not just that, they tend to be quite old… but I suppose you did bump up the titles for the dec/jan sales. Like you sort of did last year too, lesson learned for me anyway. Can’t imagine being one of the guys that bought FIrst Light though, ouch. That came out like 2 months back? Anyway, not a single title that appeals to me this month again. Ugh, probably am acting bitter about it but feel like I was massively swindled with PS plus last year. Must of been in the plans to cut costs, all the while making ‘promises’ of DriveClub, Resogun, HellDivers, along with a plethora of quality PS3/Vita games.

European_Gamer 4 November, 2014 @ 6:55 pm   50

3 things I want to say.

Bold move to reveal some of the Dec, and Jan. games already.
Escape Plan is really good game everyone should try that.
I’m really looking forward to Secret Ponchos.

You know why they reveal these titles and why they are better then most of this year right?
    I’ll tell you, to have commercials this holyday that can show off how amazing PS Plus is, until these months are over and they go back to indie only.

Load all