Posted

PlayStation Store charts, October: Driveclub, Minecraft, Middle Earth fight it out

Find out what the big sellers were on PlayStation Store last month

The winter games rush really gathered pace last month, with a number of massive releases arriving on the scene. Driveclub debuted at the top of the PS4 charts, beating out fellow debutants Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor at two, The Evil Within at six and Alien Isolation at 15. Predictably, DIY world-building juggernaut Minecraft stormed to the top of the PS Vita chart, and retained its crown on PS3 too.

Check out the full charts below, and let us know where your October purchases ended up…

PS4

1. Driveclub (New)
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (New)
  3. Minecraft (1)
  4. FIFA 15 (3)
  5. Battlefield 4 (RE)
  6. The Evil Within (New)
  7. Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (RE)
  8. Trials Fusion (7)
  9. Destiny (2)
  10. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (RE)
  11. NBA 2K15 (New)
  12. The Last of Us Remastered (5)
  13. Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
  14. Outlast (10)
  15. Alien: Isolation (New)
  16. Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (6)
  17. inFAMOUS First Light (4)
  18. Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (New)
  19. The Legend of Korra (New)
  20. Peggle 2 (New)

PS Vita

1. Minecraft (New)
  2. Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
  3. Urban Trial Freestyle (RE)
  4. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (15)
  5. Dead Nation (19)
  6. Freedom Wars (New)
  7. The Walking Dead: Season Two (RE)
  8. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (RE)
  9. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (1)
  10. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (New)
  11. FIFA 15 (5)
  12. Rayman Origins (RE)
  13. Real Boxing (16)
  14. Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable (RE)
  15. Child of Light (RE)
  16. Farming Simulator (RE)
  17. F1 2011 (RE)
  18. One Piece Unlimited World Red (RE)
  19. Borderlands 2 (12)
  20. Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (2)

PS3

1. Minecraft (1)
  2. FIFA 15 (2)
  3. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (RE)
  4. Far Cry 3 (RE)
  5. Slender: The Arrival (10)
  6. Urban Trial Freestyle (RE)
  7. Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
  8. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (RE)
  9. Dragon Age: Origins (RE)
  10. Destiny (3)
  11. Rayman Legends (RE)
  12. Tomb Raider (RE)
  13. The Walking Dead: Season Two (5)
  14. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (4)
  15. Dragon Age II (RE)
  16. Alice: Madness Returns (RE)
  17. Red Dead Redemption (18)
  18. Demon’s Souls (RE)
  19. Just Cause 2 (RE)
  20. Thief (RE)

PS one and PS2 Classics

1. Crash Bandicoot (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (2)
  3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (3)
  4. CTR: Crash Team Racing (4)
  5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (RE)
  6. Silent Hill (6)
  7. Final Fantasy VII (RE)
  8. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (7)
  9. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (5)
  10. Final Fantasy IX (RE)
Did you enjoy this?

Comments

35 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

renaultmilton 7 November, 2014 @ 2:11 pm   1

DRIVECLUB throws Minecraft back to third on PS4. XDDDDDD. lol! 😀

Flipside666 7 November, 2014 @ 2:11 pm   2

And here comes the driveclub hate….

zalwelgoedgaan 7 November, 2014 @ 2:13 pm   3

Driveclub is first? That must be an excellent game!

It’s great if you don’t mind paying to beta test an offline game with shoddy bumper-car AI. Evolution Studios are literally rewriting the code as we speak.

Flipside666 7 November, 2014 @ 2:13 pm   4

Lol driveclub

Oh remember Urban Trial Freestyle was about 79p last month so that was always going to feature high. Minecraft was always going to take it though.

zalwelgoedgaan 7 November, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Hopefully a €1 game will give other developers a hint to try it out once in a while.

Like those dollar sales in the US store. 🙁

HeikeStagBeetle 7 November, 2014 @ 2:17 pm   6

There should be a PS1 / PS2 Classics port available for Minecraft. Just so it can dominate all charts forever.

Glad to see Driveclub up there the bits that work are awesome, but how about a bit more info on the efforts to fix the rest, no news for a week and online is only marginally improved

Driveclub the best 34.99 ever spent digitally regardless of the server probs. Cracking offline car game.

LeftMonocle 7 November, 2014 @ 3:29 pm

Haha I can just imagine the Driveclub developers cringing their forehead off.

They put so much emphasis on the online aspects, and you see it as an offline game.

European_Gamer 7 November, 2014 @ 2:39 pm   9

Freedom Wars had a late launch so I suppose top 6 is okay.

It hit 6th in, what, three days of being on sale, if that? I’d consider that pretty impressive, even without actual sales figures to go by.

madmanwithabox12 7 November, 2014 @ 2:51 pm

I imagine more people bought the physical version anyway.

@madmanwithabox12
    Yeah most probably, but still I wanted to see Freedom Wars on first place :/ it deserves poleposition

JamalVita_91 7 November, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

I’m surprised it’s only number 6 here (I’m from the U.S.). It reached #2 on the U.S. PlayStation blog.

dark_angel69 7 November, 2014 @ 6:05 pm

I got mine as physical. After all that was what we fought for!

DoYouLikeMyID 8 November, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

I think most people here in Europe went with a physical copy, just out of principle. After all, we almost didn’t get a physical copy, so I guess we all just wanted to support physical releases. I know I bought a retail copy of Freedom Wars 😀

LaVoice83 7 November, 2014 @ 3:21 pm   10

IMPORTANT QUESTION: I know it is a little bit off topic but can you please tell me where is the anniversery Update for Killzone Shadow Fall in the Austrian Store (i didn´t check the other stores because i want my free season pass stuff). I can´t even see the old map packs. The last updates that where shown are the Japanese Designs for the Drones.
An answere would be appriciated.

What Sword Art Online did was very impressing
2 times on first position, and now number 9th.

Sad about Freedom Wars 🙁 atm there is about 0.05k players (retail + digital) from around the world (without JP)… such a great game… but without advertising it is doing rather poorly :/ sad… very sad. I hoped that it would at least reach the number of Soul Sacrifice.

I still haven’t purchased it, cause I can’t find it anywhere… Media Markt doesn’t carry it at all. What the heck is Sony doing?

PMurphy1978 7 November, 2014 @ 4:15 pm   12

Hopefully it has done a bit better since the charts were calculated. I counted almost 150,000 players from the combined Panopticons before some of the physical releases had happened.

I really hope that everyone that made a fuss about the title needed a physical release actually bought it; I’ve seen many on Twitter saying that they haven’t got the funds… it’s less that £25 and you said you wanted it…

The lack of marketing hardly helps but isn’t exactly new. It’s the most obvious barrier to the success of the system.

PMurphy1978 7 November, 2014 @ 4:16 pm

-Bucharest 26
    -Nairobi – 28
    -Cape Town – 61
    -Yakaterinburg – 36
    -Mumbai 23

All in all around 52k players

I’m sorry, I’ve failed to get it yet. >_>’ Had some unforeseen costs and stuff going on… but I’ve come to conclusion that my only way to lower my sentence is to buy it twice, both digitally and retail. Even though I have huge backlog atm and low space left on Vita’s memory card, but there’s no excuse for Vita owner not having Freedom Wars, right? I wonder how many years worth double dipping is… 😉

Don’t really know where else to put this so i’ll just write it here.

Freedom Wars keeps crashing for me, basically after every mission almost. Maybe it’s because i’m playing offline, i don’t know. Could you maybe pass that on to someone, so that they might patch it? Thanks.

SAO:Hollow Fragment dropping down to 9 isn’t quite as good as it managed over in North America (where it held on at number 3 after Minecraft and Freedom Wars), but it’s still not bad fo its third month on the Vita chart.

Hopefully Bandai Namco are keeping tabs of this on both sides of the Atlantic, and that this helps move the needle further in favour of us in the West getting SAO: Lost Song next year.

TrueMurton 7 November, 2014 @ 7:52 pm   15

After months on the top spot and Minecraft, one of the few reasonably priced games on the PSN falls to a great game that is massively over priced on the store (SoM) and a game so broken it’s DDOS’ing its own servers to the point that its developer has gone into hiding and Shu Yoshida himself has had to address the community they’re so afraid of and send in the ICE Team to see if there might be a game hiding somewhere beneath the mess of error messages that is DriveClub.

At the PS+ price, the top spot was assured for that abortion of a game, but it is wholly underserved.

n-y-n-e-u 8 November, 2014 @ 1:58 pm   16

Well those PS1 charts will probably never change, since you guy NEVER seem to publish any new games for it! (one exception every few months maybe). There’s tons of great games on the US store; i guess you guys must hate money or hate europeans. Possibly both.

Vannaa_Girl 8 November, 2014 @ 6:42 pm

Sadly it is often a lisence or publishing issue that stops certain games coming here and being available.

ruslan-mur 8 November, 2014 @ 6:07 pm   17

А что насчет infamous second sun?

toonzer68 8 November, 2014 @ 9:24 pm   18

Driveclub no 1,disgrace! No working online and lack of information. I am not a composation but they have messed up badly. We are big boys now

mancitycon 9 November, 2014 @ 11:22 am   19

I need some help off some1, i have minecraft ps4 edition but when i download to play it, it just tells me to unlock the full game again on the minecraft main menu. I click unlock full game but when it takes me to the ps store it just says ive already installed it. I just want to play minecraft again n ps4 wont let me 🙁 i tried everything to make it work, even downloading from my laptop to the ps4 then restoring my ps4 licenses

Zoka_en_force 26 November, 2014 @ 2:41 pm   20