Posted

Avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend romances PS4, PS Vita in 2015

Hato Moaโ€™s oddball visual novel swoops seductively onto PlayStation next year

Hi, Stinky Beak, here introducing the amazing Hatoful Boyfriend – an amazing visual novel from Hato Moa, the creator of this gorgeous and ever so slightly nuts avian series.

Releasing on PS4 and PS Vita in the second quarter of 2015, Hatoful Boyfriend is a visual novel/avian dating sim.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

As the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds, you will roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school.

Finding happiness isn’t easy, but it’s not all academic – there’s always time for a little romance. Chat with birds of every feather from narcoleptic school instructors to pigeon biker gangs on your way to flirty encounters with potential suitors that set your heart aflutter. Spend time with the ones that strike your fancy and ditch the ones that prove to be a bore!

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

But not everything is what it seems at St. PigeoNation’s Institute. Uncover dark conspiracies, unexpected twists and hellish fiends bent on bringing on the apocalypse. Pick you dates wisely and you will flap off into the sky with your one true love. Take the wrong turn and you may well end up murdered in your bed.

So, your chance to romance with the birds, uncover dark avian conspiracies and find your one true love in one fowl swoop will soon be here.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

As long as the price is fair, then its a day 1 purchase! ๐Ÿ˜€

You can’t be serious.

We are looking for AAA on PSVita. xD

Hell yes. More VN’s for my Vita!

zalwelgoedgaan 24 November, 2014 @ 4:16 pm   4

Haaaahahahahahaahahaha!!!!

I passed this on Steam, but I might check it out on the Vita if the port has correctly-sized text at least.

Wow! I’ll get this on Vita for sure! I love visual novels and I’ve heard really good things about this game.

(actually, I’ll get every visual novels you throws in Vita)

Sold

This is the second best news today.
Best news, I get my salary tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜€

shake_zulaYEAH 24 November, 2014 @ 4:29 pm   8

Guaranteed buy

MaxDiehard 24 November, 2014 @ 4:48 pm   9

Will this allow same-sex relationships?

If it’s hetero only, then it’s a no-buy. Not supporting something that doesn’t support equality.

zalwelgoedgaan 24 November, 2014 @ 5:36 pm

>_>……

Yeah! Give us more option!

Now seriously, I am all for equality… but let’s not turn every game into political manifesto. If developer want to add same-sex relationships than it is 100% fine (even more than that! SUPERB), but if that’s not consistent with their artistic vision than nobody have any right to accuse anyone of not supporting equality.

What’s next? Legal obligation to include in game representation of every group in society? Maybe we should force developers to make characters for everyone:
    -tall
    -hetero~
    -homosexual~
    -bi~
    -Christians
    -Buddhists
    -Muslims

That way game would be politically 100% correct… but instead of few characters we would have about 200 various characters.

I mean, equality and tolerance is very very very important! With that I agree with you with all my heart! But demanding someone to change his artistic vision just because he didn’t include some group… well… that’s going too far.

…..really….with this?

MaxDiehard 24 November, 2014 @ 7:08 pm

You’re just going off-piste now.

I just want the ability to engage in same-sex relationships. I don’t want to be shafted with hetero stuff all the time, plus they can appeal to a much wider range of people.

Well, it openly supports interspecies erotica. It’s catering to one minority at least.

yassineya 24 November, 2014 @ 7:42 pm

Exaclty. But I don’t think that matters with this game…….. becasue it’s about… birds… you know..

People who keep pigeons in the UK are known as pigeon fanciers….phwoar PIGEONS!

On a different note it’s straight down birdie-ality

yassineya 24 November, 2014 @ 5:07 pm   10

Seriously….
At least replace the birds with boys and girls… (._.’)

This game is stupid

I hope Clannad will also come to Vita, right now SekaiProject is gathering funds for translation… but it seems that they are shifting to decision to ignore consoles ๐Ÿ™ At first they seemed kinda more likely to make Vita port :/ now… they changed their mind ๐Ÿ™

Anyway 2015
-World End Economica
-VA-11 HALL-A

Both coming to Vita

Joutai_Henko 24 November, 2014 @ 6:53 pm   12

Fate / Stay night [Realta Nua]
Fate / Hollow Ataraxia
Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate: Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram
Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling
And much more awesome VN’s…

But all we have is pigeon date-sim… Nice…
Time to start learning Japanese.

Absolutely brilliant was thinking of picking this up for the PC. If I recall he game was meant as an April Fools joke. Day 1 purchase for me though on PS4

Is this real? This isn’t some kind of joke, right? Day 1, if the price is decent.

xbox gets sunset overdrive and the next tomb raider….and we get this.

Exactly why I’m going to get PS4 over XB1! ๐Ÿ˜› (j/k)

Okay, on a more serious note why not get an Xbox if you’re interested in its offerings? ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, and you’re making a deliberately very selective comparison too. I can make one too:

“PS4 gets Bloodborne, Rime, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, The Order 1886 next year… and Xbox One gets Threes next year….”

SatoshiOokami 24 November, 2014 @ 8:07 pm   17

Holy damn, insta buy.

CitizenEldar 24 November, 2014 @ 8:11 pm   18

SatoshiOokami 24 November, 2014 @ 8:26 pm   19

Btw, is this version gonna be voiced?

It would be hilarious if they “voiced” the cast with pigeon noises.

Wasn’t the voiced version the April Fools version? Pigeon noises would be a lot of coo coo type noises “hey baby coo coo want to share my bento with me coo coo”

SatoshiOokami 25 November, 2014 @ 7:26 am

@Izorpo: Could be…
    But since Drama CD was fully voiced so the voice actors are known, I felt the question was in place. =D

@SatoshiOokami

I remember some video I was watching on youtube and it stating voices weren’t in the version the person was playing. I would have bought it on PC but my machine is ancient and not having another built until the new year. From the website of the creator it seemed they were trying to get the funds to make Hatoful Boyfriend 2. I’m guessing the PS4 version will be a lot more than just $5. It doesn’t matter as I think people should be paid for their creative endeavors especially when it comes to new interesting and unique games…you can’t be more original than a game that facilitates sharking on pigeons heh

I’m in!

This better be cheep or else they’ll be robin us.

Awesome. Was thinking of buying it for PC, but with it coming to PS4 and Vita, I’d rather buy it for my Vita. Hope we’ll get more visual novels in the future for the Vita.

smile_taisou 25 November, 2014 @ 10:30 am   23

Cross-buy?

Chatting up the birds.. literally, LOL!

Nazar_Ops 25 November, 2014 @ 1:06 pm   25

Why does this game even exist? If it’s a parody of something then I’m fine with that. But if not then why even make this game? Has it become a new trend to create stupid games or something?

Skookie30 25 November, 2014 @ 1:13 pm   26

Odd one this dont really know what to think of this, i belive in the free market & diversity in games.

but i got a hunch the hands of SJWs all over this game & long last they hidden agenda has surface, this is what it likes when SJWs get their way.

i will call this get ready for more of this kind of game well im sure the SJWs are happy for this game.

there is a saying to each they own. sure people will take flight & buy it. but on the back of gamergate i have my suspicion.

Despairaporia 25 November, 2014 @ 3:50 pm   27

Never expected to see a port of this, even less for Europe. I am certainly curious.

mike_291990 25 November, 2014 @ 7:20 pm   28

Day 1 buy! I bought this after the steam release after waiting on it for a while and whilst I thought the basic premise of the game was amusing, after spending some time playing it, I absolutely fell in love with the game.
It is hands down the best visual novel on steam and probably one of my favourite VNs now completely. I didn’t expect this game to have so many feels.

I remember saying that to a streamer I know recently and he said he was concerned that I said it has feels, then he finally played it and his reaction was golden. He now agrees though ๐Ÿ˜›