Posted

PlayStation 4 celebrates its 1st birthday!

SCEE President and CEO Jim Ryan looks back on 12 memorable months

Well, how time flies. Just 12 short months ago today, PlayStation 4 arrived in stores across the SCEE region, ushering in an exciting new epoch in videogaming. The most powerful and socially connected gaming system ever built, PS4 has provided the perfect platform for developers to deliver extraordinary experiences, and its first year has hosted some truly memorable titles.

Blistering, teeth-rattling shooters like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny and Far Cry 4. Thrilling third person adventures such as inFAMOUS Second Son, Dragon Age Inquisition and The Last of Us Remastered. Innovative downloads like Velocity 2X, Resogun and Octodad. White-knuckle horrors in The Evil Within and Alien Isolation, and grin-inducing family titles like LittleBigPlanet 3 and Minecraft. The list goes on.

And the best bit? This is just the beginning. The next 12 months will see the PS4’s burgeoning game library continue to grow at pace, with blockbuster new titles from both our teams at Worldwide Studios, including Bloodborne, The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, and from our third party partners – look out for Batman Arkham Knight from Warner Bros., No Man’s Sky from Hello Games and Evolve from 2K Games, to name but a few.

Following the addition of new hardware functionality such as SHAREfactory and SHAREplay, you can also expect to see us continue to innovate and build upon the PS4’s set of features, directly addressing feedback from you, our community of players. We’ll continue to innovate, refine and optimise our services, ensuring that PlayStation 4 remains the best place to play and offers you unrivalled value.

I should also mention that in addition to the PS4’s first birthday, we have another massive milestone on the immediate horizon. Next week, on 3rd December, the PlayStation brand marks its 20th anniversary. We’ve got a busy day of celebrations planned – make sure you keep your eyes on PlayStation Blog, Twitter and Facebook for a trip down memory lane.

On that note, we’d like to thank you all for the incredible support over the past year – not to mention the 19 that preceded it. You are at the centre of absolutely everything we do, and we never take your patronage for granted. We sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed your first year with PS4 – please do share your own personal highlights below, and let us know what you’re looking forward to in 2015, and beyond.

#PS4 is 1 year old in Europe tomorrow! Thanks for your support! Now, time for cake…

A photo posted by PlayStation (@playstation) on

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

103 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

XtianHawkGamer 28 November, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   1

Happy Birthday PS4! Looking forward to future games! =D

Cool. Can we get a proper sale to celebrate rather than the very resistible “sale” you have on at the moment

I’ve enjoyed all the PS Plus games I’ve had since PS4 launch, I absolutely love Resogun and I’m really looking forward to this years games releases.

My PS4 was my fist launch day console and the first one I’ve bought with my own money. I’ll be celebrating tomorrow by playing many games including the new Little Big Planet 3. Thanks for an amazing first year and looking forward to the future. Greatness awaits! Long live play!

If only Vita would get even 1/10 of attention you give to PS4.

Sorry… but I really do believe that Jim Ryan as a CEO of SCEE have no idea what to do. He is worst CEO of SCEE we ever head. PS4 is winning system, it doesn’t need as much attention as Vita and Vita TV atm. (that’s right VITA TV) Look it is 3rd generation of handhelds including PS Pocket and PSP… unless you do something which will turn the table… you can say goodbye to whole handheld market.

As it is now… I would have to be mad to invest my money in potential next gen handheld from SONY. Sure device is great, and I love it… but there is no support! As it is now… in next generation of handheld I will buy Nintendo… hell most probably I will even just buy 3DS sooon :/

Good job on loosing fight with way worse console! It is even twice as bad as you would lose fight with Xbox One (specs are worse, but still difference is smaller than between Vita and 3DS)

Vita TV, is this similar to Playstation TV? Do I need a vita to get vita tv? Thanx

@Loxton the Vita TV is the Playstation TV, they just dropped the Vita branding in the EU and US because the Playstation brand is stronger.

Ah, makes sense.
    Thanks Tuimic ๐Ÿ™‚

100% right Archacus. What was the last first party game on Vita? I think it was Tearaway back in March or April. Since then, it’s only been ports of indie games already available on PC, Android or IOS for a much lower price. It’s appalling to see the total lack of support for this console.

@Nufis_K
    Freedom Wars was last one and we will probably get also Oreshika (sadly as digital only).

But what is disturbing is that we didn’t hear anything about games that will come after those two. I mean Freedom Wars was great… but we knew about it being in production like 2 years before release right? Can anyone name just one first party game that is currently in production? No? … what a pitty. Probably Playstation Experience will try to show that Vita is not dead… because it has also Oreshika… but that’s just not enough. Oh right… they will also try to sell ex-vita exclusive – Big Fest

So yeah… SCEE is treating Vita like a sinking ship… if they don’t want to resuce it than so be it… but they better take responsibility and stay on the deck till the end. Right now they are acting like that infamous guy Francesco Schettino (also known as Cpt. Cretino). He was responsible for sinking ship… and he was also the one who was one of the first guys to leave the ship.

SCEE should hire Schettino… I think they would blend rather well.

EdgarTorrinha 28 November, 2014 @ 3:38 pm   6

Happy Birthday.
Can we get a sale in Ps Plus Subscription?
Thanks

fps_d0minat0r 28 November, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

Or a price drop equal to the drop in quality of PS+ games and the network in general.

@fps_d0minat0r: You nailed it, mate!

man_utd_xl 30 November, 2014 @ 8:48 pm

@fps_d0minat0r really? we get a years subscription worth of content in 2 months of plus, over the whole 12 months it’s ridiculous value, i bet you haven’t even tried half the indie games that have been offered, some of them are brilliant, very few next gen games have given me as much fun as the plus indies so far

Andre-Veelt 28 November, 2014 @ 3:49 pm   7

I just love my PS4 and of course my PS3 :). I’m excited for The Order and Uncharted.
I had my PS4 at day one and think it’s been a good year, some problems along the way but hey things happen.
Still love evreything you (Sony) do to the gaming society and for that i Thank you!

Dark_Overlord 28 November, 2014 @ 3:49 pm   8

As a ‘thank you’ to us, could you please sort out the huge disappointment that is the EU PSN. Late games, skipped games, over charged prices, lack of communication etc etc SCEE has a long way to go to match up to the rest of SCE :/

ParasiteECHO 28 November, 2014 @ 3:54 pm   9

That was a no brainer, it was a day one purchase! Congratulations and keep at it

Shapeshifter_dan 28 November, 2014 @ 3:59 pm   10

Good first year like all PS consoles and great years lie ahead.

Happy Birthday PlayStation. Day 1 for the last three. So was obviously day one for PS4 too ๐Ÿ˜€

Harrisown 28 November, 2014 @ 4:20 pm   12

Let’s be honest , it’s been a bad year for games.
However a great year for Sony. I think they did everything they possibly could and it paid off.
We just have to wait for developers to make the games we want to play and that means publishers need to start taking risks again.

My highlights this year are Guacamelee reminding me what actual gaming is about after all the AAA let downs.
The last of us for being beautiful.
Gta v for being damn rude!
Dragon age for being damn huge!

Next year.
Bloodborne
Persona 5
JAPAN IS BACK!

Paquete89 28 November, 2014 @ 4:21 pm   13

It was a great first year! And the near future looks even better. Well done and keep up the great work ๐Ÿ˜‰

FASTorSLOW 28 November, 2014 @ 4:29 pm   14

Happy birthday PS4!

EXCELLENT 1st PS4 year i thought ๐Ÿ˜› + Last year was the 1st time i bought a PS games console on day 1 ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bring on Year 2! ๐Ÿ˜›

PS_TrophyHunter 28 November, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   16

I’m amazed that Playstation aren’t giving something back to the fans for all their support over the years like Xbox did ๐Ÿ™ It seems to be a big screw you to the fans but I wish you all the best in the future.

Harrisown 28 November, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

Really?
    If you redeemed the day one achievement (I did not, wasn’t bothered) you got Limbo.
    Personally, I was on the xbox live beta in 2002, my garmertag is Harry, I bought all their consoles and hundreds of games…..they gave me a poster for the terrible xbox one.
    A poster I have to print out myself …………….. SERIOUSLY

One year yet still no next Gran Turismo (not even announced). X1 already has two next-gen Forzas.

It’s been a great year. Looking forward to 2015 later! Very happy with my day 1 PS4!

European_Gamer 28 November, 2014 @ 5:16 pm   19

It’s been a good year. And next year will be even better.

Hrimgrimnir 28 November, 2014 @ 5:20 pm   20

No birthday gift for us?

jamie-sixtyfour 28 November, 2014 @ 5:21 pm   21

Really enjoyed the first year, despite only joining the party in January. I’ve collected and enjoyed a lot of the games we’ve had on offer in PS+ and on sale.

Here’s to another year of great games and great PS+ surprises! #4TheGamers

FantasyMeister 28 November, 2014 @ 5:36 pm   22

Way too many highlights, just want to say thanks for making gaming mainstream and complain that I already have a backlog of games I should be playing.

Playstation 4 still without sonys own video unlimited

Playstation tv without any video store( even when the box says it is)
Still no downgraded game as promissed #driveclub

And a customer support in the netherlands refusing any comment

Flipside666 28 November, 2014 @ 6:35 pm   24

A memorable year of a console randomly turning off while playing, no features until like a month ago, and I’ll never forget FailClub…ahem DriveClub, memorable indeed.
Let’s hope Sony can pull their finger out in the next 12 months.
Anyhoo Happy Birthday PS4, now grow up!

SatoshiOokami 28 November, 2014 @ 6:47 pm   25

Happy Birthday, PS4!
Glad to pick you up before you celebrated it =D

I love the cake, it really looks like my PS4 ๐Ÿ˜€

TrueMurton 28 November, 2014 @ 6:47 pm   26

One year on and we are still paying up to 50% more for our games this gen compared to last while America and Japan pay last gen prices paid for with our money. Then super secret surprise maintenance during EU peak time or on UK bank holidays.

It has been a great year for Sony and PlayStation, but its time to address the elephant in the room. The regional approach doesn’t work in the modern age. This was based on PAL and NTSC standards which no longer exist, combine the certification so games for the West only need to submit once and they come out everywhere they pass language testing on the same day. Get that network clustered so that maintenance doesn’t require a full shut down and get everyone on the same pricing model. Having Europe fund not only an otherwise global price freeze but also fund double or even triple discount rates for the US is just plain wrong.

madmanwithabox12 28 November, 2014 @ 6:53 pm   27

Vita is nearly three, I don’t recall any birthday celebrations since it’s been out. Not half as proud of that thing are you? As long as PS4 is selling well, that’s all that matters in the ivory tower of SCE. Nevermind disgruntled Vita, PS Plus or PSN users. PS4 is selling well!

An excellent year and I look forward to what the future will bring.

@Fred
Will be getting a stream of the event next weekend?

A very disappointing year from my point of view.

To put things in perspective, I have been a PlayStation owner since I played Final Fantasy VII on my PSOne. Since then, PS2 was a Day One buy for me, and I also own a PS3 and PSVita. I spend up to ยฃ50 a month on PSN, building up my backlog, and so am about as invested in PlayStation consoles as it’s possible to get.

I’ve been a gamer for nearly thirty years, with my first forays being coding games myself on my old ZX81 and Amstrad CPC 464, and playing Shining Force on my Sega Megadrive (Genesis). For me, console gaming reached its peak in the PS2 era, filled with titles that had heart and soul, and so I can say without reservation that the first year of the PS4 generation has been just … bland.

Seriously, take away all the games that are available cross-platform on PS3 or Vita (because who will buy a brand new console for slightly improved graphics), take away all the indies that are also available on PC, Android or iOS for a tenth of the price, and we are left with a year of the “Shooter Box 4” vs the “Shooter Box One”.

Where are the games that made the PS2 so magical? Where is the Dark Cloud, the Rogue Galaxy, the Grandia 2? Where are the games that defined a generation, like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, the third party epics like Suikoden, Dragon Quest and Star Ocean.

It took 6 years before there were enough games I liked to make it worth buying a PS3, but when I did I found hidden gems such as Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate and Ni No Kuni, and generation defining epics like Fallout 3, the Mass Effect Trilogy and Skyrim.

Okay, so it’s only year one, but seriously, when your main flagship games are cut and paste annual re-release military shooters, and dreadful ripoffs like Destiny where 1/10th of a game is released at more than full price, with the other 9/10 being released as paid DLC over the next few years, you need to re-evaluate your strategy. If all I wanted from a console was gun-toting competitive online multiplayer, I’d have bought an XBox One.

As I said, it was 6 years before I found it worthwhile enough to buy a PS3 – will it be the same for the PS4?

Get to work instead of patting yourself on the back. The only excitement I got about PS4 was from the TGS show – Persona 5, Ys, Dragon Quest, Bladestorm, EDF 4.1, God Eater 2, and not all these are confirmed for localisation.

I got the feeling that current SCEE doen’t even care about old PlayStation fans.

Just like you I’ve been with them since FF VII.

I loved PSX… but it is PS2 generation that made PlayStation such a marvelous brand. Dark Cloud and later on Dark Chronicle… ohh those games were incredible! I can’t say even say how many times I completed Dark Chronicle. Star Ocean and Dragon Quest… those games were epic. Hell even Final Fantasy X which last true Final Fantasy game made by Square Enix… and last one from times of Ueamatsu-san and Sakaguchi-san. Like you said Ico and Shadow of the Collosus… those games are far better than anything created so far for PS4… might be top 10 games of all times. Also that’s times when SMT series started to reallly shine… not only Persona but also Digital Devil Survivor (previous parts weren’t as popular)

PS2 was by far the best generation there was. Sure PS3 had some great titles as well… Valkyria Chronicles that’s one of the best games there is! (such a shame that someone from SCEE didn’t think of bringing VC3 to Vita)… but somewhere in the middle of its lifeline is stopped being what it should be. They focused on fighting with Microsoft instead of finding their own market. As a result PS started to compete with Personal Computers… and they never should have.

As it is now… I have no reason to buy PS4… there are no games that I want to play… nothing as great as Ico or SotC. Other than that… jRPGs….

most of them I can play on PS3 or Vita… Persona 5 will land on PS3.. .Ys will land on Vita. God Eater 2 again Vita…

So what’s left for PS4?
    Dragon Quest… which isn’t true Dragon Quest, it is something more of a Zelda Hyrule Warriors… not good enough to make me buy anything.
    Type-0? well that’s a Vita game with Vita level graphic… as well a proof how bad SCEE employees are.
    Final Fantasy XV – not Final Fantasy anymore… they turned it into game where are u need to do is hold button. You don’t even need to use brain anymore… looks stunning… but that’s all there is… just looks

What else? Disgaea? No matter what they say I can’t see it not coming to Vita. There isn’t any “serious” graphic upgrade which wouldn’t let it be ported to Vita.

So… what else? Order? Bloodborne…. sure those looks great… but sadly those are not titles that will make me buy PS4.

Well… also… I think that I need to see some proof that SCEE will support Vita….

FantasyMeister 29 November, 2014 @ 4:12 am

Level-5 (Dark Cloud et al) announced the other day that they’ll have a new PS4 title to show at E3 2015. Personally I’m ok with current PS4 line up, big fan of FFXIV:ARR and currently Dragon Age: Inquisition, Project Cars coming in March – these are all games that could potentially last me a lifetime if it weren’t for my backlog. But ultimately Level-5 are why I went with PS4 this generation, I just hope it pays off!

NSR_Apathy 30 November, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

Hey, I love JRPGs as much as the next guy (a quick glance at my trophies will show just that), but blaming a system for not catering to every possible niche within a years time is a tad unreasonable, no? How about expanding your horizons to include other genres instead of crying about how there aren’t enough JRPGs?

It’s not just a lack of JRPGs, NSR_Apathy. It’s deeper than that.

A new system is defined by key games that you instantly associate with the console. For the XBox360 it was Halo, for the PS3 it was the Uncharted series and TLoU, for PS2 it was Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, and Dark Chronicle. for PSOne it was the Final Fantasy games.

Take away all the cross-generation titles, for which it’s clear they’ve been designed for PS3 and are only on PS4 as a cash grab as they just have slightly improved resolutions to make them suitable for next-gen. Take away the indies, for as much as some of them are great, they’re not what sell consoles. Finally take away all the games re-released for next gen such as TLoU and GTAV, which are again reskin cash-grabs for the companies to claw in more revenue rather than doing something new.

Now look at what’s left – titles like Infamous Second Son. I tried it on a friend’s PS4, and while it was billed as next gen it was about as memorable as a McBurger, forgotten five minutes after I’d finished playing. Titles like Watchdogs, which was billed as the future of gaming but was scaled back so much it was a joke. Take a look at where Sony is pumping ad revenue – copy and paste shooters like Battlefield and Clone of Duty, and disgusting rip-offs like Destiny, designed to make you pay for Season Passes and DLC by releasing an incomplete game to start.

The simple fact is, it’s not just about JRPGs, it’s about Sony throwing resources into matching Microsoft at their own game, concentrating on Microsoft’s key demographics of shooters, sports and driving, to try and win over Xbox fans. All the while, fans of every other genre are getting left out in the cold. I do play other genres of games other than JRPGs, but it seems these days there is only one genre that matters, and that’s the casual, competitive multiplayer shooter fan, who’ll pay big money for the same reskinned game released each and every year, along with all its overpriced weapon and map DLC.

Why are we still talking about PS2 and PSOne titles, because they had heart and soul and were designed with gamers in mind, not with how many revenue streams they could fit the gameplay around. These titles are legendary. I just don’t see any title out for PS4, or any title scheduled to be out in the near future, save for No Man’s Sky, that make me think “I’ll be talking about this and still playing it in fifteen years time.”

Dark-Twisted 28 November, 2014 @ 7:36 pm   30

The most powerful and socially connected console that takes 15 minutes to send and receive messages. Ohh the irony. Socially connected! The messaging system has been broken for months and I wish I was exaggerating.

If the network isn’t improved, you’ll find yourself losing your lead to the other console that might not render as many pixels, but can claim it actually works as intended and does what it says on the tin.

Roll on Year 2 guys, you got work to do. Can’t celebrate now.

Porcupeth00 29 November, 2014 @ 12:07 am

Messages work instantly for many of us.

Dark-Twisted 29 November, 2014 @ 3:44 am

Well @Porcupeth00 that’s good for you, but it’s been broken for me since August on my PS4, Vita, and mobile since August, and judging by what many others have been saying on the internet, it’s been broken for a large majority of people.

Don’t get too excited though, all it takes is a day on websites like reddit to find new users only just encountering these problems now, or actually messaging your friends as many of mine have the same issues and we just give up trying to communicate on our “socially connected” console. It may become an issue for you too before they actually fix it.

Porcupeth00 29 November, 2014 @ 7:56 pm

Yeah I doubt that.

TrueMurton 30 November, 2014 @ 10:02 am

@porc

You also doubted that DriveClub PS+ would be cancelled and when I posted the rumour of it a few weeks back. I don’t seem to remember which of us was right and which was wrong though…

PSN messages are running slowly, its a fact. Its a gross exaggeration to say they’re taking 15 minutes but they might be. Sometimes I get my message notification, go to try and read it and give up waiting when it doesn’t load, I haven’t been able to read messages on the app for weeks. It looks like a priority issue in the network where the console has other online tasks at a higher levdl meaning the messages must wait. It wasn’t always like this so it is likely a bug that will be fixed either through firmware or server side fixes.

Porcupeth00 30 November, 2014 @ 11:55 am

Driveclub PS+ wasn’t cancelled, so I guess I was right and you weren’t.

I hope the PS4 gets the same system use as the PS3 after 8 years but not take 8 years.
I hope the online store get realistic prices in Euro’s.
I hope the store team can release 1 week without any mistakes (after 8 years you would think they get it).
I hope download speed gets much faster because it takes days to download something on my PS4 (pc is fast).
I hope I can add an external HDD to the system.
I hope games released aren’t broke like Unity and Driveclub (but at leas Ubi is giving really something).
I hope Quatic Dreams is announcing a game for PS4 soon (not a remake).
I hope the next PS4 I buy isn’t wobbly.
I hope Plus is getting back to it’s excellent self it once was in 2013 because this year is horrible.
I hope Season Passes are going away, they are a rip-off.
I hope pre-order DLC goes away.
I hope Sony PlayStation isn’t going to censor games like TLoU and Beyond Two Souls!!!

LordDagoth4US 28 November, 2014 @ 11:14 pm

Also the bit about ubisoft compensation…
    Did you hear that Sony were found guilty (a few days ago) of lying to consumers over a Vita add in America in 2012 which advertised being able to do PS3 remote play and do Killzone 3. Their way of compensating people? Giving them $25. What a joke.

Plus is not going to improve. I’d say more than half of plus subscribers pay for it because it’s a requirement for online multiplayer. The same people will keep paying for plus regardless of what the games are like, so Sony know that they don’t need to put effort into getting an IGC.
    Sony are morally bankrupt, but not stupid.

As they’ve just given up on their phones and TVs maybe they’ll put some effort into giving PS4 users what they want, as it’s the only brand of theirs that makes money.

Also Sony, let people upgrade sub accounts to master accounts.

zalwelgoedgaan 28 November, 2014 @ 8:41 pm   32

What a fun day!

Because Smash Wii U is out! ๐Ÿ˜€

Con grats PS4, luv playstation now already for 20+ years.up to the next 20 years.

residentSteve 28 November, 2014 @ 9:19 pm   34

To be honest it’s not been a good year IMO ps4s best game for me is still the last of us remastered I still only own one game for it.
Hopefully next year it will finally get going with the order 1886, uncharted 4 and that ratchet and clank remake which we haven’t heard about in a while.

Year 1 down, now i may buy a PS4 in the new year.
First PS console i didn’t get at launch,learnt my lesson after the PS3/Vita

Preceptorbat 28 November, 2014 @ 10:16 pm

What was wrong with PS3?, i totally skipped it though.

Nothing now but it was a very slow 1st year and didn’t have most of the features it has now, still enjoying now and have a huge backlog that will probably keep me busy for a year or two.

Preceptorbat 28 November, 2014 @ 10:16 pm   36

Super cool, hello to all PS4 players, and i hope Sony works better on exclusives for 2015.

Happy Birthday PS4!!

Here’s your birthday present!

It’s SUSPEND/RESUME….

dieselakita 28 November, 2014 @ 11:58 pm   38

no mention of driveclub then i wonder why for me the PS 4 as only started on the right track as of this month with the AAA games start to build as of the release day of the PS up to this point its been a nothing but frustration with games been delayed and probably the worse game launch ever which was driveclub they delayed it nearly a year and still it was a car crash i was a fan of indie games up to the launch of the PS 4 when they were giving us indie games not worthy of a PS 1 with a few exceptions some members liked them and were saying what did you expect on launch of a next gen console well what i expected where the amazing games that Sony were advertising if these indie games were worthy of a next gen console why wasn’t they shown in the advertising anyway a poor first year as a gamer but i think we will see the true potential from here on in

I3loodthirsty 29 November, 2014 @ 12:05 am   39

Would of been nice to actually celibate the 1 year anniversary even if it was a free birthday theme for everyone but nope to much to expect i guess considering they still having sorted the sloooooow messaging on ps4.

Cheers for an excellent first year Team Playstation :). Looking forward to year 2 :).

loadstone007 29 November, 2014 @ 11:07 am   41

Loving my PlayStation devices.
Looking forward to new PS gear (more DS4 colors like pink, Morpheus and more), first party games (also for Vita!) and new franchises. Last but not least, The Last Guardian.

Also, a suggestion – a disk changer to load all our games into so we won’t have to switch disks anymore. That’s a golden idea – make it happen.

Captain9Fingers 29 November, 2014 @ 11:12 am   42

Playstation mostly gets it right. I mean that as a compliment as nothing is ever perfect. I’ve had every Playstation since 1995 and likely be a playstation fan for life.

Maybe in year 2 Sony can create a working messaging system for the PS4?

Karma_Wangdu 29 November, 2014 @ 12:30 pm   44

Could we have a HDMI fix as a birthday gift?

Flipside666 29 November, 2014 @ 3:25 pm

What’s up with your HDMI dude?

Karma_Wangdu 1 December, 2014 @ 9:58 am

Flipside666: Check out this topic:

if you’re not familiar, then it means, you’re one of the lucky ones, where 2.0 update didn’t f…up the HDMI (sound and video)

Flipside666 1 December, 2014 @ 12:37 pm

Ahh ok, that sucks, I use optical so didn’t know about this. I did have the console turn off a few times while playing but a new HDMI seems to have sorted that, also the store doesn’t load for me most the time unless it’s the first app I use ๐Ÿ™ , hope you get a fix for that, Sony can be slow for fixes sometimes ๐Ÿ™

Flipside666 1 December, 2014 @ 12:51 pm

This is all I could find, seems to have worked for some but not there’s

:Unplug ALL HDMI cables from the TV.
    Power off and unplug the PS4 and the TV for at least 5 mins.
    Power on the TV and wait until it’s fully on (without any HDMI cables attached)
    Power on the PS4
    When the PS4 is on, plug ONLY the PS4’s HDMI cable back into the TV.

Seems it may reset the hdmi ports. Hope it helps.

Flipside666 1 December, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

But not others, sorry stupid phone.

Karma_Wangdu 1 December, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

Yeah, it doesn’t help. Waiting for fix.
    And yeah, the store app fix would be really warm welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ Indeed, it’s a pain in the xxx when you try to open it later, after other apps were opened.

Ok i been playing PlayStation for a long time now and i know that all the really good games come out in year 2 and 3 and all you people that complain about free games well what dose xbox give you? Sony it working on fixing all ps4 issues. Took them some time to fix all of ps3 issues. Anyway happy birthday ps4 can’t wait for all the new games

The games that are going to rock on ps4/vita remote play are:
1. Batman Arkham knight
2. Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain
3. Uncharted A thiefs end
4. The Witcher 3
5. The Order 1886
6. Bloodborne

Mark my words, these 6 games will be phenomenal!!

PhotoMorph 29 November, 2014 @ 12:58 pm   47

Congratulations to Sony, my life has been a lot more enjoyable with Sony Entertainment in it, PlayStation is an awesome brand, 25 years….wow that’s made me feel old, I’ll raise a glass to you on the 3rd for sure.

andrewsqual 29 November, 2014 @ 1:43 pm   48

Happy birthday PS4. Here is to a great generation of gaming ๐Ÿ˜€ Lets get some freebies going like a few Dynamic Themes like an Uncharted 4 one? ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy birthday ps4 and well done sony .

nulenvoid 29 November, 2014 @ 2:06 pm   50

Could we please see an increase for PS4 online storage, 1 GB isn’t enough considering PS3 save games were normally less than 300k while on PS4 they seem to be minimum 10Mb. Then you have games like Driveclub which use 100MB for ghosts (I don’t know if this varies) then additional for saves, my Dragon Age Iquisition saves taking up to 136MB.

If file sizes are going to increase then so shouldn’t the space allowed?

Load all