Posted

PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition revealed

Sporting the original PlayStation grey finish, and available in very limited quantities

Hello PlayStation Blog readers! Today is a very special moment in our history. It’s been 20 years since the launch of the original PlayStation, which released in Japan on 3rd December, 1994. It seems like only yesterday! I’m so glad that we can celebrate this moment together.

20 years is a long time! In 1994, many outsiders thought that Sony was slightly crazy to launch the original PlayStation into an incredibly competitive gaming market. Who could blame them? Sony was (and is!) famous for engineering great electronics, audio equipment and many other consumer devices. But game consoles?!

Sony Computer Entertainment, founded by my mentor Ken Kutaragi, was a project borne out of sincere passion and deep admiration for the craft of game development. The mid ’90s were an exciting time for game developers, driven by the explosion of powerful but affordable 3D graphics rendering hardware and the birth of many young and adventurous development studios. The original PlayStation was meant to embody that sense of adventure and discovery, that sense that anything was possible.

We sincerely thank you for joining us on our exciting 20-year journey. You have made every bump and scrape we took along the way worthwhile. And there’s so much more to come! :D

But I don’t want to go on for too long, because we have a big piece of news to reveal: a very special 20th Anniversary Edition PS4!

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)

PS4_20_12

Sporting the same ‘Original Grey’ finish as the original PlayStation and packaged in a commemorative box, PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition will be priced at €499 and limited to 12,300 units worldwide, reflecting the launch date of the original PlayStation.

Thanks for a great 20 years, and here’s to 20 more.

PS4_OriginalPS

DS4_OriginalPSController

PS4_20_12.close up

488 Comments
20 Author replies

Want? Yes
Afford? No (Well, not until well after Christmas at least)
Sad? Yes :'(

European_Gamer 03 December, 2014 @ 10:22
1.1

They are selling (estimated) 800,000 PS4 consoles every week during Christmas and there is only 12,300 PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition consoles. So you may want to borrow some money from your parents.

European_Gamer I’d rather miss out and give my kids the presents they want for Christmas. I have a PS4 already and as much as I’d love another so I can play more often (I have second PS3 setup in bedroom so I could play while girlfriend watches her dodgy american dramas), I won’t borrow money for something I don’t absolutely need

We should have an age poll on here at some point, as there seems to be a widespread assumption that most people are kids.

Show more replies

That looks incredible, would love to have one

Me too!!! But Japan and US will have most of them and rest of the world only 2000-3000 units I guess

BigREDStandingBy 05 December, 2014 @ 11:25
2.2

the U.S won’t get most considering The sell more PS4’s in EUROPE

I love it! Too bad I just bought a ps4, or I would be all over this…

Exactly the same for me. Though there’s only 12300 units, it looks like.. those will be gone in mere minutes, I’d say.

3.2

Damn, me too FoS! Having finally got my hands on a ‘Four’ a mere couple of days ago, I now see this. As someone who loves a bit of nostalgia (and bought an original Playstation at launch), I think I want to cry now.

Never mind. Hey, I still get to play Uncharted 4 and Arkham Knight next year, and that’s what counts! :-)

It actually looks pretty nice in that color.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:10
4.1

Thank you! The designer and the team worked hard to create this color :)

Yoshida-san came back to respond to the comments. What a super hero :)

While I’m here – had a great idea for all those who miss out of the grey ps4… buy the white one and wear shades around the house. You’ll never know the difference.

You want my advice? I think you should give one of these to me…

Brilliant idea!
I really wount mind one… but chances are, these wont even come to SA.

Knew you guys were gonna do this, but holy crap still can’t believe you actually did. So jelly, but my white PS4 is still special ;) Please release some grey DS4’s separately!! Plllleeeease

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeed ! Want One !!!

I already have a Ps4 but I need one of these.

Where to buy?

Would love to get the chance of even owning one, let alone actually owning one.

I imagine about 5 will make it to the EU :(

Why do all the photos of the PS4 show it with the nice blue LED when the console actually spends 99% of its time with the bland white LED on?

Looking good in grey but who is going to buy a 2nd machine just to have a different colour?

Collectors or those who don’t own it yet.

It is just over 12k copies it will sell in a flash. I mean take a look at kickstarter, you will find there people who are willing to throw even 5k USD just to get some very limited items. It will be the same with this edition.

Probably you will even have hard time in fiding it in any of stores you know.
“0th Anniversary Edition will not be available via traditional retail channels in the SCEE region. Look out for more information soon on how you can get your hands on one of these highly collectable consoles.”

Oh most probably you will be able to win few of them through some of contests. But yeah… it is very limited edition.

i will buy this for my collection

I’ve no hope of getting a console but pleeeeeease release the controller. Stick a twenty euro premium on it. I don’t care. Just need.

14.1

Good call John! I **NEED** that controller too, dude.

RustyTachikoma 03 December, 2014 @ 09:50

Well, at least we’ll have a chance to get it without importing. I hope…

StevenJamesHyde 03 December, 2014 @ 09:51

Love the controller, for some reason the coloured PS logo makes it look much better

I’m so glad I watched the Awards tonight. I was going to spend some money tomorrow on a sound setup… I’ll hold off and see how accessible a console will be for someone like me in little old New Zealand before touching my savings.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:12
17.1

Thanks for watching the Award show ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

17.2

Oooooo, good call dude. And good luck! :-)

That looks great in grey with the coloured PS logo. Really cool.

Sexy Sexy Sexy :)

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:13
19.1

You know what? It looks much better than standard edition o.O

It kinda makes you feel that this was standard one :) Anyway… how about special Vita edition? I know that SCEE is colourblind and want to keep Vita in black… but here is the case… many of us want it.

Atm… it is same thing as it was with Ford’s cars.
“Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black”

20.1

Henry Ford never actually said that and the very first Ford cars were actually available in blue only, there wasn’t even color options until the third revision and black wasn’t one of them.

It’s a one of those daft myths that people can get away with because so very few people know enough to discredit it.

@TrueMurton
Actually this quote comes from his autobiography :)

link to book
gutenberg.org/cache/epub/7213/pg7213.html

So no, it is not a myth :)

This will be one heck of a Christmas present…

Looks stunning. Wonder how they release these?

I hope it will be avaliable to Czech custommers…

Captain9Fingers 03 December, 2014 @ 10:03

Looks a lot better than the black or the white ones.

This looks so beautiful. Definitely want one!

hope i get one luv itttttttttttt

after seeing this , i want gaming to come back

no handholding , no waypoints , no questmarks , no objective marks , no regenhealth , no autosave , savepoints/saverooms , puzzlesolving , search a key to open the door , find medipack to heal ,bring back what made gaming great

I live in the Netherlands. Is it possible to get the special PS4 over here? Or do i have to order it somewhere else?

Probably order it from somewhere else in Europe. Like England or Germany. I already search for possible dealers in Europe because I am sure no one in Greece will have it!!

28.2

PlayStation Finland just announced that Finns will have a chance of getting this beauty. The Anniversary Edition will retailed by only one store (verkkokauppa.com which translates directly to webstore.com :D) and 31 of these consoles are going to be sold. You can’t buy these like other products as first you have to pre-order it (pre-ordering lasts 24h during 18.12. 12:00 to 19.12. 12:00) and then 31 people will be randomly selected among the guys who pre-ordered it.

I could imagine something similar to be implemented in your home country especially as Netherlands and Greece are bigger market areas than Finland.

I really want one tho :( :( :( Can’t SONY release it the normal way(i don’t mind if mine isn’t numbered to!) :D

Wow, stunnig console! I absolutely want one. Probably not for sale but only for price winners for an unannounced competition. But I want one! Even if I have to sell a kidney.

It’s simply amazing.
It looks even better then the black one!

look at that picture of the dualshock 4 next to the dualshock 1 its huge they really need to let us use our older controllers dualshock 3 would be preferable or shrink the dualshock 4

32.1

The size of the dualshock 4 is one of the reasons its the best Sony pad so far!

Oh my that looks brilliant.

X_Blood_Curse_X 03 December, 2014 @ 10:39

€500? US gets it for $500. Were paying 100+ dollars more. Yay

We always pay more and most of the time we have everything after all!!!lol. If it is going to find any descent dealer to deliver it in greece I will take it even for 500€!
I am just thinking. What if it breaks!! Warranty will replace it with a black one!!hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Nightmare!!!

I need this, I hope I don’t have to buy one from a scalper on ebay.

I would love if we could change the PS4 boot sound to the sound at the end of this advert. Kinda new version of the ps1 boot sound.

36.1

you can… dl the 20th anniversary theme

36.2

Nice thanks :)

Amazing. Truly amazing. I hope it’s not only going to be for competition prizes and other stuff, I never win those and my browser always complains! … I have cash money, I have credit cards, I will throw them at you, Sony, just please please please let me own the ultimate playstation. Failing that, I have several vital organs I am willing to part with…

I want one!!! It might mean a divorce but it’s worth it tell me how I get one please

Wow it looks awsome :). Will Sweden have any chance on this one? I hope so!

Where can I pre order. I’m tempted to buy two, but would be happy with one if I’m lucky.

Looks absolutely stunning sony. This will sell out in seconds.

Really need to know when and where you can preorder this?

They’re announcing that information on saturday at the keynote address in america. Says so on the US playstation blog.

nextbigthing91 03 December, 2014 @ 12:16
41.2

“How to pre-order in the US & Canada: PS4 20th Anniversary Edition will be available in very limited supply for pre-order starting Saturday, December 6th. Please watch the PlayStation Experience keynote starting Saturday morning at 10:00am Pacific Time to learn more”
I guess we will learn more about how to pre order etc over the weekend, so be sure to be around so you can get your pre order in quick. :)

41.3

What time would that be for GMT?
around 18:00 I’m guessing.

Show more replies

I’m working on saturday and that’s when they’re announcing how to pre-order… :(

42.1

Where’s you hear that???

I have been a Sony gamer ever since the 1st PlayStation was released in the UK. The price of this is almost the same as the PS1 all them years ago. I would really like to have this console.

43.1

How did you find the price to it??

Wow, I really wish you could do a limited run of just the controllers also.

I was reading this on my lunch break and almost choked on my weinerschnitzel.

Reading on Eurogamer this won’t be available for purchase in Europe. Just Japan and US. This is just to troll us basically. I’m guessing the non regular channels in Europe will be one or two competition prizes.

I think they should make the pad available for regular purchase at least.

46.1

why give us the price then? I think a few will be available for sale in the EU too.

Simply beautiful! It is an awesome design for the people who don’t own a PS4

Will you all still be selling this AFTER decemeber because thats tax time and ill actually have A L O T of money then.

Please release the controller separately as non-limited! Would love to have just that.

Or would love to have more than one!!!!

MulliganMullet 04 December, 2014 @ 08:51
49.2

I doubt they ever will!!!

I so need this controller – the PSX color logo is so beautiful!

I want this.

i don’t, a decal does the same thing, didn’t the ps1 play audio cds? at least make this “limited edition” do that, it would be worth buying for that price at least.

Yeah it also had memory cards and fixed wired controllers. Want that too? Useless comments.

@Huyi: what is an audio cd?

I Don’t care HOW MUCH I WANT!!!!!!

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:16
51.1

(O_O)

“Given this very limited production run, the 20th Anniversary Edition will not be available via traditional retail channels in the SCEE region” :( This is TORTURE for a real PS Fan like me :( Why can’t SONY release then say a non-Ltd Edition one everywhere to buy? I am sure this would sell LOADS :P

Even in Japan it’s being sold as a lottery via the Sony site. In the US it’s people who attend the Playstation Experience event. I just hope they get the distribution of the 12,300 correct, given that Europe has been such a strong market for them they should really make sure a decent number are allocated to us.

Want want want want looks so damn awesome

TheRetroGamer7 03 December, 2014 @ 12:33

Any Word on at least a controller limited run?

12,394 units would have made more sense to reflect the date surely? (12/3/94 American format).

OMG I regret I bought the PS4 on day zero now…

I have to have this in my life they just need to release details how to obtain.

I don’t have PS4, but now I want one!

I’m about tot buy aan ps4…..

Will this beautifull console come to Holland? Where to pre order?

And a 20th anniversary limited edition Vita? Of course not.

60.1

Perhaps when vita is 20 years old.

Then why did the ps4 get the limited edition then. It’s not 20 years old either numbty.

60.3

Sidone, the PS4 is part of the Playstation line, the Vita is a Vita product line with the Playstation name. So to call someone a “numbty” you just looked a fool.

Show more replies

Looks awesome if only there was an option to turn the blue light bar green to match the PS1 that would be even sweeter.

I don’t really get the “special surprise”. So…what? It’s just a regular PS4 that is in honor of 20 years of PS? You’d think that if they were going to do something like that, that they would have maybe made it backward compatible with Playstation’s 1-4. That would really be a 20 tribute console.

DeceptivePRINCE 03 December, 2014 @ 13:26

Whats the UK pricing?
Where can I get one in the UK?

What would the value of this be in 5 years time/ 10 years time?

DeceptivePRINCE 03 December, 2014 @ 13:28

Whats the UK price?

Where can I get one in the UK

& what will the value of this be in 5 years time/ 10 years time?

I want it.

Want one of these!!!!!

Will they be releasing any in the uk?

gelukisvoorbij 03 December, 2014 @ 13:48

Nice old school.

I’m already a PS4 owner but I f*ing want this PS4!
And will it be possible to change the boot sound like the PS1 associated with the first video?

When and how will you be able to buy one in the UK??

showmeyourpuppiz 03 December, 2014 @ 14:09

well, I still haven’t got a PS4 and I don’t have the asking price for this Gorgeous PS4 model either. Both will change when this comes available….I hope. PS1,PS2,PS3 all Rule, but a 20th Anniversary Grey PS4 with original PS1 start up sound(one would hope) would just Run Tings! Braaaap! Braaaap!

Showing this on the European Playstation blog is pretty cruel, considering it’s not even released in Europe.

Read more carefully: “Given this very limited production run, the 20th Anniversary Edition will not be available via traditional retail channels in the SCEE region. Look out for more information soon on how you can get your hands on one of these highly collectable consoles.”

So it will be available, more information soon, but it will not be available from normal retail – same for Japan and the US. The only question is how many each territory will receive.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:18
72.2

Thanks system11 for being cool d( ̄  ̄)

Just in time for my 30th Birthday! (Although I’ll have to be the one to buy it!)

Its a same!lol! Where are everyone when they really know what you want for present and just bought you just a killzone shadow fall or knack!! Just Kidding! I ‘ll have to buy it myself. . . .If I manage to find anyone sending it to greece

Where and when?

I want it, I Need it……..

I’d be happy with just one of those controllers.

Typical.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:19
77.1

( ̄ー ̄)

Wow, love it. Looks great.

Sony should do a run of the controllers, its not going to cost them any more than what the current ones do. heck even if they did a non limited number edtion that would be great news for the rest of us who might not be lucky to get a ltd grey one

Will any of these be made available to Australia?

What I remember most from the original PlayStation was how the plastic smelled when I unboxed it as kid. I went right upstairs when I saw this announcement to get the old thing out of the closet. The scent was still there, brought back so much memories! I hope the 20th anniversary edition has that exact same plastic if I would ever get my hands on one.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:19
81.1

Nice story! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Beautiful, looks way better than the white one imo.

I’ve already got a beautiful white PS4, but I’m looking forward to adding the 20th anniversary theme to it (can you just add the chimes and not the background?)

Your video made me a little bit tearful – THANK YOU, Sony, for the past 20 years, and I’m looking forward to many more!

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:20
83.1

Thank you for your support! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Should definitely release the Controllers for separate purchase. Also the t shirt would be cool.

I buy ps1 in 2004
I buy ps2 in 2009
I buy ps3 in 2011
I buy ps4 in 2014

THANKS PLAYSTATION CAUSE MAKE MY LIFE FULL OF ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:21
85.1

Thank you for playing! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Impressive, most impressive…

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:21
86.1

( ̄ー ̄)

I want buy

Must have it!!!! If it is going to be released in Europe at 500€ and find any dealer to send it in Greece I will definitely bought it!!!!

I want this but I bought my ps4 last year…I’ll think about getting this one and
Might sell my other one hmmmm

Awesome, simply awesome. The light needs to be green though!

It’s so beautiful! Sadly, I know I won’t be able to afford one. I can’t believe it has been 20 years! I remember getting the very first PlayStation at launch and it was so amazing. I’ve continued to be a PlayStation fan from there on out. Now I feel really old, hahah!

Please tell us the release date and where on time, I really want to buy this PS4!
You can get my purchase for granted! :D

Looks fabulous, all those good memory’s to the splendid PSone are coming back into minds… I hope one (or more) are coming to Belgium !!

thekillingspree 03 December, 2014 @ 19:10

I never had a single reason to buy a PS4 until today. Now I do. I bought the original PlayStation when it came out (20 years already?! oh my…), but never got the PS2 nor the PS3. Will I get this gorgeous PS4 edition? Sadly, probably not (too few units available and a lot of people craving it). Oh well, back to playing games on my one and only Sony games machine: the (always awesome) Vita…

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:22
94.1

thekillingspree 04 December, 2014 @ 19:03
94.2

And thank you for not just writing a blog entry and go on with your life, but actually return to read the comments and reply to a few PlayStation’s fans and supporters!
I understand it’s not always easy, but we definitely appreciate the interaction :)
Also, HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, PLAYSTATION!! ^.^

Please tell me the controller will not be limited. I already have a ps4 but i’d do anything for just the controller!

I want and could get this, but I’m not confident with the limited quantity. I might miss it. My husband and I just celebrated our 10th Anniversary, but we met for the first time after playing some FFVII and GTA 2 on the PS at an old friends house. We have always been collectors and gamers, so this would be a great anniversary gift if I can get it.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:23
96.1

Great story d( ̄  ̄)

It looks awesome, but I feel like they’ll be on eBay for 10x RRP within a week of release.

I already have the day one and the white, but I’m goin to try to get this one!!!

98.1

Same here.

nice nice nice

Assassin-_-MerKz 03 December, 2014 @ 20:12

Hard drive size? Please answer?

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:23
100.1

500GB

Assassin-_-MerKz 04 December, 2014 @ 16:56
100.2

thanks :}

Where can I get from Looked Everywhere

I get that 12,300 represents December 3rd but should it have been 12,394?

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:24
102.1

(-_-)zzz

102.2

Ok I will jump and give some explanation here (which could be right or wrong) Japanese writes the calendar dates in this format (1994年12月3日) . If they want to add the year here sony has to make 94123 units (which would make it less limited). Sony could follow the standard American calendar 12/3/1994 but that will not reflect the origin of the PS release place (Japan). I could be wrong but this is how I see it ^^

Why zzz Shuhei? I was only applying logic, didn’t mean to bore you =_=

Can somone please let us know when it’s available to buy?

Just place a comment here and let us know ok, I really would love one of these as I still haven’t got a PS4, this one is a must buy for me!

Thanks in advance.. :)

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 01:25
103.1

Pls keep an eye on this site :)

20th Anniversary Console looks amazing, but id just like one of those DS4’s.

I hope they sell the controller by itself

That one, or I’ll be stuck on my ps3 forever

I haven’t bought a PS4 yet but would buy this without fail I love the fact the color scheme matches the original and want it

Are grey controllers gonna be sold separetly?

ADAM_JENSEN_23 03 December, 2014 @ 22:08

That PlayStation®4 is just looking amazing!!! I am for sure going to order one of these babies!!!

DigitalTsunami4 03 December, 2014 @ 22:21

Can I get the controller separately? As I have no use for the console nor do I want it

ehm.. so people from Europe can’t buy this???????

omg.. :'(

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 03:36
111.1

Read the article again.

I’ll love to get one

I doubt if they will allow this to be pre ordered. 12300 of them worldwide is a pretty small amount compared to the amount of gamers worldwide. Given the price is in euros (€499) in the blog, I don’t see why they’ll have it only in US and Japan. Anyways, would love to own one of these pretty, sleek, colourful PS4s as I am planning on buying one.

Where can I pre-order in the uk???

I have had all the Playstations on launch day since the PS1. It would be nice for Sony to remember their loyal fans. Hope these consoles make their way to the fans and not collectors. Can’t believe that the pre-launch parties were in 1995. Remember getting gift bags full of stuff and seeing those cool black disc’s for the first time. Think my first demo I played was Ridge Racer.

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 03:37
115.1

d( ̄  ̄)

OH GOD I WANT IT.
Fingers crossed I have enough money this month ;)

I have been woundering about this for a while and was just waiting to hear when you guys are going to do it, I figured something like this was coming up especially since the hype for the PlayStation experience has grown in the last 2 weeks, but man a limited number!!!!! craziness I want this so bad as Grey is a color I’m keen on but I am too attached to my launch machine to part ways! At least give us the grey DualShock 4 as retail item!!!! Must have!!!! Oh abs those customHDD covers! !!! The PS2 cover looks Devine! !!

Sadly many will find it’s way to ebay or it’s regional equivelant, with many buyers biting the dust :( I love the design.

will the DualShock 4 get a mass release? i highly doubt i will be able to get my hands on one of these consoles due to it being strictly limited (and living in Australia), but being able to get one of those DS4s would make up for it! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Need! Shu you can have one of my kidneys! looks awesome.
Bet this would look even more amazing next to one of those 10 million edition PlayStation 1s, sadly don’t have one… now there is a chance to get a limited edition PlayStation yay!
PlayStation <3

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 03:38
120.1

Would love to know which retailers it will be available from. With Christmas coming up soon, I have to know wether I aim able to purchase it at all (I don’t live in a very modern country with game stores) or just go for the regular PS4 from amazon.com…

Would be cool if it could play ps1 games!!!

Really, really gorgeous.
Would just love if it also played PS One / PS2 games, upscaled to 1080p… got a little craving to play Crash Bandicoot again :D

This is pure beauty.

My PS1 is dreaming to spent its life sitting right next to this grey (and much younger) brother. Sure. My PS1 is very fond of its younger siblings with which it shares the crammed space under my TV – the PS2 and PS3. It does what older siblings do: watch over the youngsters with a dotting gaze. But, you know, unlike their older sibling they’re as black as the starless night and so, every now and then, the mouse-ish grey PS1 feels a certain sense of loneliness.

I decided: my grey mouse needs to be amongst it’s grey kin. And it’s THAT PS4.

RiotVanHellsing 04 December, 2014 @ 02:29

It’s perfect, I want her!!! OMG (^_^) need it! I believe… can buy her!!! at least I will try… =) Хочу выразить огромную благодарность Компании Sony за всю вашу продукцию, а в особенности за игровые приставки, вы сделали мое детство, юность незабываемыми… и продолжаете радовать! Ребята, спасибо, вы лучшие ;) С Днём Рождения! ЕееЕехххУуУУУ!!!))

RiotVanHellsing 04 December, 2014 @ 02:32
125.1

…from Russia with Love ;)

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 03:39
125.2

Any news on a release date and store within the UK? I am feeling too excited to be patient! My favourite gift as a child was for my 5th birthday when my dad bought me the Playstation One with Porsche Challenge. I badly wanted a nintendo 64, but my dad bought me that instead. I was grateful and never looked back! :D

I have a white PS4 and the excitement I had when I seen it coming out is nothing like this. This thing is beautiful. I am just waiting to hear when and where to buy this so I can hope to get lucky and grab one.

How can we get this on the 6th? What do we have to do exactly?
I would really love to buy this. I had the PS 1,2,3 and 4 until a month ago someone broke into my house and stole my 3 and 4. I had the 1 and 2 stored away to show my grandchildren so thank goodness I still have them. I really loved my PS3 too it was the original one that played PS2 games. I have been with Sony PlayStation from the beginning and it would be so great to replace my stolen 4 with such an iconic system.
Love the idea!!! Looks great!

欲しいいいいいい (O_O)

Shuhei Yoshida 04 December, 2014 @ 03:39
129.1

そうかぁぁぁぁ

Wow what a beautiful piece of work, when will pre orders be available in NZ?

I really hope it does come to Australia if it does Im getting it

How many will be available to Australian gamers?

I’m so excited for this console, can’t wait to see what process will be involved to buy one. But I’ll be trying no matter what ;)

Playstation will always be in my heart <3

Where can you get more info on the 20th addition like how much it costs and WHERE CAN YOU GET IT !!!!! I don’t just want I need it !

Add to my collection of course

BoomSHAK-Attack 04 December, 2014 @ 05:21

I hope they let me return my black one for this and pay a reasonable difference. I want it. Definitely worth it.

499 Euro = 615 US Dollars… [MODERATED]

I bought my PS4 on launch day I normally don’t buy a console twice but I would definitely buy this 20th Anniversary edition if I had the chance! I’ve had every PS console and handheld released (except for PS TV atm) and I love them all. *Pets my 60 GB launch PS3 (upgraded to 1 TB) and launch PS4*

Please release the controller separately!!! I would totally buy it!!!! Definatly getting the 20th Anniversary theme for my PS4.

Kudos for the beautiful design! I love everything of it, from the old PS logo to the production number and of course the classic colour!

Mom, please…

MP_is_for_Chumps 04 December, 2014 @ 06:52

Thank you Shuhei-san.

This has to be one of the coolest things sony has done in years. And while Sony of today is very different to the SCE that was run by Ken Kutaragi, the blessed one true father of PlayStation, I very much appreciate your respect for where the Playstation brand came from.

Lets hope this nostalgia will also translate into a desire to return gaming back to something more similar to that time also, where playstation owners actually owned their games & consoles fully and were not held hostage by fascist corporate polices, which are ultimately designed to lock users into renting their own hardware and software via endless OS updates, heavily leveraged game rental services, held back game content for dlc which should of been on disc to start and an overt desire to kill stroy-based single player games outright!

Show full comment

Thank you Shuhei-san.

So, yes, lets be grateful for this celebration of 20 years of playstation :) but let us also be acutely aware of the next 20 years and where the PlayStation brand might be headed.

One last thing, I love that you made this special PS4 limited, but i fear that you made the number too small :( There will be many people who want this, some of whom do not even have a PS4 yet (myself included) and who will be desperately disappointed that they will not be able to buy one :(

Anyway, thank you to all at Sony, past and present for all that you have done for us PlayStation gamers, and I truly hope that we’ll still be together for the 40th! :D

As it won’t be 4 sale on traditional Retail channels and online stores are allready common and becoming a traditional 1st Century Retail Channel, I think they will all send them to Northern Europe to distibute them via Santa Clause in his special 20the anniversary colored sled…

Or… we can just give Shuhei Yoshida enough Belgian Beers until he leave some PS4’s in Belgium for the fans :-D

….. after all it will be by a drone delivery system operated by Project Morpheus…..

Want this but i pretty sure i don’t find one in Russia. Also want a controller at least.

i need to have one with a second DS4 .. and it will be awesome if they upgrade storage up to 2 TB and PS1 games of my choice installed !!

I so want one but I won’t be able to afford it even if I sell my current PlayStation 4

MP_is_for_Chumps 04 December, 2014 @ 07:35

*begging like a fool*

It should of been 12 million! ….not 12 thousand :( the number is far too small! who ever gets one WILL make a killing on ebay… please sony make it 12 MILLION units!

Is it possible to order from the U.S.-store and let the item deliver to europe?

Sweet!
Ah, so many memories.
Almost a shame I already have a PS4…

Think I’ll get one of these, or die trying! lol

MulliganMullet 04 December, 2014 @ 08:50

Yes please!
Now dear Sony, where do I need to go to sign up to pre-order that thing of beauty!??

Please Shuhei Yoshida, this is the controller I’ve been waiting for! Release it also seperate!

Must find out how to get one. It will probably be available online only and through some lottery/prize draw scheme.

anyone know where to preorder in UK ?

Dear Mr. Shuhei Yoshida. Please don’t forget about loyal Playstation f