RESOGUN blasts on to PS Vita and PS3 later this month

Housemarque’s blistering shoot ‘em up spreads its wings on 17th December

Epic explosions; voxels crumbling in raging torrents; impossible manoeuvres to dodge dozens of enemies. One year later, RESOGUN is still as mesmerising as it ever has been on the PS4, and I’m pleased to announce today that RESOGUN is coming to PS Vita and PS3. That’s right Resofans, from 17th December you will be able to save the last humans anywhere, anytime.

The development team at Climax has done everything possible to make the PS Vita and PS3 versions of the game the very best they can be for each device and I think you’ll be very impressed with what they have managed to achieve. Picking a game that was created specifically for the PS4 and bringing it to PS Vita and PS3 is very difficult, and the hardest compromise to accept during development, especially in regard to performance and graphics, is that these platforms don’t have the capability and power of a PS4.

Duly, the biggest technical difference is that the PS Vita and PS3 games run at 30 instead of 60 FPS like the PS4 game does. This was a very difficult decision to consider, but a very necessary decision to allow the team to focus on what was possible and to make the best game possible for both of these platforms. The framerate is locked, so you can expect a solid performance even under a big storm of voxels.

Resogun PS3 (1)Resogun PS3 (3)Resogun PS3 (5)

It’s a really great achievement that all of the features present in the original PS4 release are here in the PS Vita and PS3 versions and that the game is as addictive as ever, in great part due to having been tuned specifically for these versions.

The results are really pretty amazing and having also worked closely with the team at Housemarque throughout this past year to help them create the expansions for the PS4 game, I’ve especially enjoyed playing the PS Vita version, with plenty of people looking over my shoulder in disbelief at how the game looks and plays.

Because we don’t want you to miss anything, the PS Vita and PS3 games have Cross-Save functionality, so you can share your progress between both platforms.

Resogun_Vita (1)Resogun_Vita (3)Resogun_Vita (5)
The PS Vita version also has ad-hoc co-op so that you can team up with a friend. It also makes use of the touch features so you can fully customise the controls, using either the face buttons or the touch controls for any action possible. You can even throw humans with a swipe of your fingers on the rear touch pad!

I am pleased to confirm that these two versions will be Cross-Buy – so if you own RESOGUN on your PS4, you will be able to download these for free!

We are officially declaring December as RESOGUN month, so stay tuned for more news about the PS Vita and PS3 versions, details of the next PS4 expansion and much more. Thank you for reading and sharing!

Did you enjoy this?

35 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Is it cross-buy with Vita and PS4 only, or also cross-buy with PS3?

” if you own RESOGUN on your PS4, you will be able to download these for free!”

‘These’ – plural. So both versions are cross-buy.

fps_d0minat0r 5 December, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

Never thought I’d see a German giving an English lesson to a Brit.

On topic… I hope theres seperate and different trophy lists for each platform.

renaultmilton 5 December, 2014 @ 3:05 pm   2

zalwelgoedgaan 5 December, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   3

Good thing I claimed it even though I don’t have a PS4! Too bad it’s 30fps but I’ll take it!

renaultmilton 5 December, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   4

Also i heard that The makers is from Finland and was teamed up with Rovio!

Hell-freaking YES! Resogun on the go.. Been waiting for that! Just curious, does the PS3/Vita version have s shared trophylist? Or are all 3 versions shared?

MrSabuhudo 6 December, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

Usually trophylists are shared when the game is cross-buy. You don’t get to pay for one game and complete several trophysets. Notable exception being Soundshapes… and possibly more.

Hold on a sec, i have Resogun PS4 from Instant Game Collection. Does it mean the PS3/Vita version will be available only when i’m subscribed to PS+? Or will it become a permanent-ish freebie?

Sorry, i meant “will they” as the PS3/Vita ports.

Alphaembryo 5 December, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

I think will happen the same thing as happened with Don’t Starve: once you have the ps4 game from plus, and put the vita game on the download list (while being a plus member), the vita ver is yours for ever. 🙂

MaxDiehard 5 December, 2014 @ 3:49 pm

It will be the proper version, as these aren’t PS+ offerings. They simply require that you own the PS4 edition, PS+ or not, to unlock it.

@Alphaembryo: i have Don’t Starve for PS4 from PS4, but the store is asking me to buy the Vita version… and, believe it or not, the PS4 version now has a price instead of being labeled as “purchased”.

Sorry i meant “from PS+”.

Nevermind, it was a bug.

Was just looking for clarification; got my PS3 and a Vita and if indeed they are then this is a no-brainer purchase 🙂

blade1003605 5 December, 2014 @ 3:16 pm   8

I’m realy enjoed Resogun on PS4. Hope, Vita version would be good (and trophies don’t stuck).

European_Gamer 5 December, 2014 @ 3:18 pm   9

One week before America, that’s rare.

jon_h_blake 5 December, 2014 @ 3:19 pm   10

Nice! I was waiting for this game since I watched in ps4.One of the best news of this year(and it had a lot) for my Psvita.
In US the price is 14,99 what is the European price,please?
Psvita users if you don’t have Super Stardust Delta in your handheld,go and buy it while we are waiting for Resogun.It’s awesome.

Good to hear.

Thanks for also being upfront with the 30 fps trade-off that had to be made on PS Vita (and PS3). But I’ll gladly take it, portability all the way of course on PS Vita. 🙂

CitizenEldar 5 December, 2014 @ 3:36 pm   12

A great Chrismas present for me! Thank you (@_@)

andrewsqual 5 December, 2014 @ 3:38 pm   13

Well done Housemarque and XDev Studio. You guys are legends. Also loving the Cross Buy too. 😀

Alphaembryo 5 December, 2014 @ 3:48 pm   14

Cross-Buy: the greatest achievement of contemporary video-gaming.

That is cool it’s cross buy 😉

iREVOLTER 5 December, 2014 @ 4:12 pm   16

Can we cross play between all three versions? Thx

smile_taisou 5 December, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   17

Going to check it on Vita, since I already got the PS4 version.

separate trophy lists for all versions or shared?

I despise shared trophy lists, going by the description im going to wager the vita/ps3 is shared and ps4 is on its on.

Just basing it on the fact its being ported by a different company and cross play is only on ps3/vita

thekillingspree 5 December, 2014 @ 7:56 pm   19

I’m a proud Vita player, I don’t own a PS4 but added Resogun to my games nonetheless when it was on the IGC (because you never know)… SO FREAKIN’ GLAD I DID IT!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Thank you, Housemarque!

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 5 December, 2014 @ 9:57 pm   20

Nice to see continued support for PS3, despite running at a lower frame rate and resolution which is to be expected. A rock solid 30FPS doesn’t bother me either. It only gets to me when games constantly dip below 30FPS. The PS Vita version is much appreciated, too. 🙂

MillionGamer 5 December, 2014 @ 10:14 pm   21

Yes great news!!!!! 🙂 but what about the leaderboard will it be by platform like ps3 leaderboard/ps4 leaderboard/psvita leaderboard or it will be a single leaderboard with platform that said which version it was played from?

bigsolofish 6 December, 2014 @ 5:38 pm   23

Really happy about this as I am a fan and have all formats so the cross buy is great. If I am not able to get on the PS4 because the kids are playing PvZ I can blast the Vita!!!

Can’t wait….
This is gonna Rock on the Vita!