Posted

RESOGUN: Defenders expansion pack detailed in new video

New modes, ships and planets are on their way to Housemarque’s shoot ‘em up

Hey there RESOGUN fans. Ian Pickles from XDEV Studio Europe here with some big RESOGUN news coming straight from our good friends at Housemarque.

As some of you may have seen in our last update we’ve been busy working on the final expansion pack for RESOGUN and are pleased to announce that RESOGUN: Defenders will be with you all very soon.

Resogun Defenders Logo

We’re really excited about this expansion and can’t wait to share some more details with you over the next few weeks. What we can share right now is that the expansion will feature two all-new game modes – Protector and Commando, new ships, and all new planets featuring some of our most detailed artwork to date.

We’ll also be releasing a major content patch for all players alongside the expansion pack. This patch, code named “Challengers” will update the game with new challenges and feats stretching across all existing game modes and will let you earn challenge points to increase your rank as a RESOGUN pilot.

RESOGUN™_Protector Screen

In closing I’ll leave you with the following video created by the good folks at Housemarque which will give you the first ever look at one of the new game modes – Commando.

We’ll be back here in the coming weeks with lots more information regarding the patch and expansion, so stay tuned.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Great trailer, and this looks really interesting! Can’t get enough Resogun!

Awesome! It seems like this game keeps getting better.

Any news on the soundtrack for those with the season pass?

Ian Pickles 5 December, 2014 @ 7:59 pm

Hey nicolajNN;

We’ve not forgotten about the OST. Ironing out some issues as we speak and will make it available as soon as we can to all Season Pass holders 🙂

Is SP Cross-Buy as well?

So having multiple Finnish friends I knew you where crazy.
I’m glad it’s good crazy 😀

SuperJag86 5 December, 2014 @ 6:38 pm   5

This is part of the season pass right?
I hope so because it looks awesome!!

Ian Pickles 5 December, 2014 @ 8:01 pm

its part of the season pass? there was another expansion already for the season pass? need to buy that crazy stuff!

Ian Pickles 5 December, 2014 @ 8:02 pm

Yup – see above.

Grabbing the season pass now or when Defenders launches will net you the previous expansion “Heroes” too!

Huono_peleis 5 December, 2014 @ 8:24 pm   7

HEADS UP EVERYONE!

There seems to be a hack on PSN. Someone has used my account to buy stuff on a date I didn’t even had a internet connection available. I check from my bank and and they confirmed that hack was in Sony’s part.

So change your passwords etc.

DoYouLikeMyID 5 December, 2014 @ 9:00 pm   8

The expansion looks awesome, I can’t wait for it! 😀 I still have some trophies to pick up in the Heroes expansion first though, so maybe I can wait a little while for it anyway… But not too long! 😉

Great Housemarque news today. Great company as well… Looking forward to further announcements for your upcoming game.

Looks good. Resogun has been one of the best purchases I’ve made from the store on ps4 so far and glad also to hear that Stardust will be making its way too, one of my fave psn games on ps3). I was fond of the original Super stardust on the Amiga also, and have just one thing on my wish list for the ps4 version. Tunnels.
Those tunnel sections on the Amiga version were great and looked fantastic at the time. It would be great to see them return.

Of all the PS4 games I have, this one is up there with the best of em. I’ve only had it a few weeks but I’ve truly been enjoying every second and all the endless tries to get a better score in every mode.
    This Commando mode looks superfun as well! But at the same time I’m a little bummed out it’s the last dlc we get to this epic game. Guess I’ll just have to cherish it for all its worth.

Super Stardust on PS3 was great as well, but Resogun is almost close to perfection for this kind of game!

tiivivaavi 6 December, 2014 @ 5:51 am   11

looks like fun. Please make downloaded ships modifiable for people. At least their stats. Thats just an extra, and you HAVE to make a ship to have custom stats. Cube is easy and common. 🙂 I imagine.

Can the ost be bought separately, and will season pass remain for sale after defenders is being released? I couldn’t buy it for some reason, so i bought heroes instead.

Very very good news. Sony have console sell only for those Housemarque games…

What do they mean by saying ‘Final expansion!’ I bought a season pass and didn’t get any yet; if I’m going to be shafted to this extent, then I’ll go straight to UK trading standards and all the gaming press that will listen.

MaxDiehard 6 December, 2014 @ 6:04 pm

Developer comment from above.

‘It is indeed – existing Season Pass owners will get Defenders free of charge and for those that haven’t got the pass or Heroes yet then now is the best time to pick it up. You’ll get Heroes, Defenders and the forthcoming OST as well as some cosmetic packs we have arriving shortly too.’

SummerDude202 11 December, 2014 @ 9:02 pm   14

Cool can’t wait for the next DLC. Does any one know what and how to use the sound track that comes with the season pass?