Posted

Watch the first Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End gameplay trailer now

Your first glimpse at Nathan Drake’s latest adventure in action

On Saturday morning at the inaugural PlayStation Experience event in Las Vegas, we unveiled the very first Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End gameplay. In case you missed it, watch the full playthrough above.

Although we are still in the pre-alpha stage of development, everything you see in the video is in-game and in real-time running at 1080p and a stable 30hz. It’s looking pretty spectacular already and we still have quite some time to optimise and refine our technology to make this the best looking and playing Uncharted game to date.

If you’re wondering who called Nathan Drake “little brother” and exactly what that means, we’ll be trickling out more details soon. Why is Drake on an island? What’s he searching for? Who’s shooting at Drake again and why is he shooting back? Be sure to pay attention to our Twitter feed and social channels for the latest news and updates. 2015 is going to be awesome.

37 Comments
0 Author replies

I’ve just watched little segments because I don’t want to ruin the fun when I buy it, but this looks awesome. I played every Uncharted game (Drake’s Fortune is the best) so this can’t miss my collection. Hope they focus on single player and drop the multiplayer parts because I hate those in every game. Now I just have to avoid every info for the best experience for a looong time. 10/10 will buy

MP_is_for_Chumps 06 December, 2014 @ 19:05

Was this being played live on the show floor? i loled when he died halfway through the gunfight. Looks great anyway.

btw love the Island, kept expecting a Dinosaur or King Kong :)

It was a live gameplay. He was sitting on the floor playing. So nothing was scripted, which makes the entire thing better! :P

MP_is_for_Chumps 06 December, 2014 @ 21:11
2.2

Yeah i thought so… u can tell it’s live by how yes getting his a$$ all shot up during the firefight :P …aside from Yakuza 5 localisation this was easily the best part of the show tho :)

MP_is_for_Chumps 06 December, 2014 @ 21:13
2.3

*he’s

wow :D, This looks amazing. 2015 here we go :).

So that’s it?
For a first video I thought you would show us something, you know, interesting, like the Uncharted 2 presentation.
Gunfight in an empty jungle is pretty boring. At least add some animals/birds/mosquitos in your jungle, even the last Tomb Raider did that better. This won’t make me purchase a PS4, aka the “technically superior console”.
I’m not rude but this should be a real Naughty Dog game and a reference on PS4.

4.1

You clearly didn’t read ‘pre-alpha stage of development’.

They need to nail down basic level design and mechanics first before they polish it up with optimisations and details.

NorthernFusion 07 December, 2014 @ 03:49
4.2

No, no. It should’ve already been polished. Why? Because I am entitled to it.

4.3

Thanks I can read. Then why are they so happy to show us that video with this 1080p crap and already 4 fantastic birds added? Even the foliage was better in Black Flag on PS4.
Uncharted 1 and 2 were pretty good but so far I cannot understand how players can be exited with that. A boring gunfight in an empty jungle. Nothing original like Call of Duty and many others games who lost their soul.

OMG OMG OMFG!! Climbing flank, rope swing, dynamic switching from action to stealth, sexy cinematic melee in between, slowing down the pace for some amazing sightseeing, until something goes wrong again and dynamically switches to a finger licking cutscene. EPIC.BEYOND.COMPARE. I don’t think I’ve been this impressed with an in-game trailer since the God of war 3 one.. Seems like you guys really perfected the Uncharted formula making the combat more epic and even giving the stealth a little update? My gawd, I’m shaking of how awesome that was :o Hope there’s still a lot of variety in environment though, and it doesn’t all take place in the jungle :p

Looks amazing! So excited for this!!!!!

Yeah i agree drop the multiplayer, and drop the crushing difficulty as well !! Apart from that AMAZEBALLS!!!

Looking great.
Please just dont mess up the online and make sure its actually working when you launch it.

I hoped for a better demo. Maybe another 3 minutes trailer of focused action would have been better.
The forests part are always been the weak part of this series :\
I yawned a bit. 15 minutes of shooting isn’t fun to Watch.

(Have all 3 Platinum and 80+ hours of Online Competitive MP in Uncharted 2)

Looks great. Also thanks for being upfront and open about the fact that it’s 30 fps (iirc some Naughty Dog employees said they were targetting 60 fps at E3).

And I don’t mind the 30 fps at all by the way, I can imagine that it’s always a difficult trade-off between graphics and framerate for developers and publishers (and also some other like AI, physics, animations etc etc). For me it would be hard to choose as well. :P

Anyway, looks great, I’m liking the level design and the environment and I like that that there seems to be a decent opennes again in the combat encounters; it looks more dynamic than Uncharted 3 already. (Uncharted 3 was a bit disappointing on several aspects imo, disjointed story and often a bit dull combat encounters)

Please make this like Drake’s Fortune. No multiplayer, just an amazing single-player experience and no money hoarding micro-transactions.

Please don’t DLC this to death like TLOU, otherwise super excited.

Please, for the love of all that is good, don’t release a blanket censored-EU version in all territories just because one country wanted cuts!

Other than that, this looks great! :)

TrebuchetGames 06 December, 2014 @ 21:57

This looked amazing… of course they are not going to show one of the major levels this far out..but you can see that the gunplay is awesome.

Now bring me some 1,2,3 HD please for PS4… so I can replay them before 4’s release.

Amazing! Please add a 3D mode as in U3, really missed it in TLOU.

It was excellent! Don’t rush it, though, we’ll wait as much as it needs :)

Emperor_Mordred 07 December, 2014 @ 09:05

I bet “little brother” means that the other guy is NATHAN DRAKE’s OLDER BROTHER (voiced by Troy Baker)! :-D

Captain Obvious to the rescue ;-)

And the winner of best tush 2015..NATHAN DRAKE!!!

I can’t wait for release hope for early release!!!!!!!

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about Uncharted 4’s awesomeness level?

IT’S OVER 9000!!!!

So Bruce Springsteen is playing Drake’s brother??? ;)

Shapeshifter_dan 07 December, 2014 @ 20:49

More of the same goodness. :)

Now, I need….WIPEOUT!!

Seeing that Distance trailer reminded me of one of my favourite PS franchises…

Oh well, if doesn’t come from SCE, I’ll support Studio Liverpool guys with their next game anyways… ;)

Whats most impressive is that the vast majority of this trailer is made up of what looks like very open ended gameplay. It didn’t require an interactive cutscene to blow us away. Although I do like those moments as well.

Loved how there’s a weightness(that’s a word) to Drake again. That seemed to be lossed in U3 but makes a welcome return here. Also the gun strap, or whatever they’re called, looks amazing!

How annoying is that flashlight? In his hand/not in his hand and so on.

Indeed the game environment looks quite scenic and dynamic(a normal thing to expect from an uncharted game)but I personally believe that the best part of the game excepting the graphics(which looks quite decent even in an pre alpha development stage)is the fight mechanism.Naughty dog is taking this beast(ps4)to an entire new level as is evident.

Looks great, the “verticality” of the level design was very impressive. The general look and feel and fluidity of movement are fantastic, even at this stage. Will certainly be getting this when it released. 2015 is looking like a great year for games!

Awesome! I’m sure this game’s gonna be one of the best to come next year :D

system seller. so simple.

Comes Uncharted 4 Only for PS4 or for PS3 too ?

The Uncharted 4 only gives the PS4?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history