Posted

Battlefield 4 and the road ahead

Find out what DICE has in store for its FPS juggernaut

It has without a doubt been a thrilling year for Battlefield 4. We’ve deployed several expansion packs, launched the Community Test Environment, and done several updates and tweaks to constantly improve the gameplay experience.

What you’ve given back to us is even more noteworthy. We’ve seen so much inspiring creativity and competitiveness in the Battlefield community, and we’ve had tons of fun together with you – in-game on the Battlefield and during the Battlefest seasons.

Battlefield1

Final Stand is not the end

With Battlefield 4 Final Stand released, we hope and believe that you will enjoy it together with the rest of the game for a long time. However, there is one thing we want to assure you: there is more content coming for Battlefield 4.

We will share details on exactly what this new content will be, and when it will arrive, in the near future. We understand that this may lead to even more questions about our plans, but rest assured that we’ll get back to you on the future of Battlefield 4 when the time is right.

Battlefield2

Give us your input on classic maps

We’re aware of – and humbled by – the many requests of re-creating classic Battlefield maps within the Battlefield 4 universe. Now we have a question for you: if a reimagining of a Battlefield classic map was to happen, which map would that be?

We’re really curious about your input on this topic, so head to this poll to share it.

More to come

As mentioned, more details on the road ahead for Battlefield 4 will be shared going forward. For now, we’d like to thank you for staying awesome, and for joining us for another year of Battlefield 4!

Become a Battlefield 4 Premium member here.

36 Comments
0 Author replies
Steve_Of_The_O 09 December, 2014 @ 17:04

Loved this game from the day I bought it, I even dipped into premium at full price (not like me at all) and have to say it felt like a good amount of content and extra’s for the money.

Will there be a discount for Premium purchasers on further content, maybe?

Err you remember this game’s issues on Day One right!?

Steve_Of_The_O 09 December, 2014 @ 17:30
1.2

Nope, got my PS4 early 2014 (March I think) and had no problems with it.

Is there any chance of a sale on Premium (PS4) any time soon? I’ve picked the game up and am loving it, but I don’t want to spend £40 on Premium if it’s going to be turning up in the Christmas sale or anything.

ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 09 December, 2014 @ 17:31
2.1

You missed it man. Before Last Stand came out it was £15,99. I rushed to tell my friend that lives in the UK and he got it. Another discount so soon would be odd. Sorry mate.

Damn – cheers!

ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 09 December, 2014 @ 17:29

I got BF4 + Premium on PS4 as soon as I got a PS4 in late February. It was fun but I got distracted with other games. I came back to it around the time Dragon’s Teeth and again with Last Stand and boy am I here to stay! So awesome! It’s gotten so much better! I honestly am not interested in Hard line but I’ll have more than enough with BF4! I hope this new content mentioned will either be free to everyone or at least free to Premium members. I’d hate to pay for more DLC.

Any plans to fix the bug that deletes campaign save progress? To think this has existed since launch and it’s still not fixed is nothing short of criminal. If I pay money for a product I expect all of it to work, not part of it.

I’m no expert on consumer law but I’m pretty sure that any product sold in the UK needs to be fit for purpose and I struggle to believe that a game that cannot be completed fits that description.

Umm I had the game for nearly a year but only completed the Campaign a few months ago….. that multiplayer he so good, anyway i’ve seen two endings and have one left to view.

Don’t you auto upload your game saves? ……. just saying.

4.2

@ jfontyman Yes, but they become corrupted as well. It’s not just a PS4 specific issue, it affects all platforms and there are a vast, vast majority of people who have been complaining about this issue since the game was released.

EA admitted to me that it was broken and that attempts to fix it have failed and PlayStation UK gave me a full refund on the game.

I question the competency, or at least the priorities, of a developer that can’t get a fully working campaign for all users a year after they began taking people’s money for it. I recognise for most people the draw is the multiplayer but regardless, I expect all of it to work, not just part of it. Of course, it can’t be denied that the multiplayer has had its fair share of problems too.

4.3

Agree 100%. I have it on the XBox One and it has the same bug – this has been a ‘known issue’ on the support page for nearly a year. Utter and total disgrace – I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

Show more replies

Please Dice, need Squad Rush again

It should be definitely brought back, since they r planning more competitive game modes.
C’mon DICE, surprise us again!

Any chance of another premium sale? I wanted to buy it for €35 a week ago but missed it. I’m hoping in the US store it will be be going for around $35 soon, whenever they have a sale.

Are you guys still working on the technical aspects of the game or just creating more DLC?

I don’t have many complaints about the game but it would be a step forward in my opinion if you introduced ping restricted servers.Fair enough if you don’t want to restrict the official DICE servers but surely when private servers became a thing in BF3 it was the perfect opportunity to add more ‘server quality’ elements.

In language that EA understands; you guys could potentially rent more servers as ping monitoring/restrictions could be a huge selling point over the free DICE servers.

Good luck to the people who have had no problems with this game. But for me and loads of other people this game as been and still is a game full of bugs.

AmorousBadger1 09 December, 2014 @ 20:51

Is the answer to the sub-header ‘desperately try to pretend that it’s totally different from COD, honest’?

9.1

To be fair, it is totally different from COD.

AmorousBadger1 10 December, 2014 @ 09:58
9.2

One if them’s a first person shooter set in the era of modern conflict with massive grandstanding set-pieces and the other one’s a military shooter with some massive grandstanding set-pieces played from the first person perspective?

Love bf4, best shooter ever, I have seen hardline not to impressed, classic maps I would like to see is grand bazaar, and Seine crossing, keep this game alive!

10.1

I’d second Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing as they are great maps, hardline is by another dev …. stay on target ;p

What about Battlefield 2: modern Combat. I want to vote for Backstab and A Bridge too Far.

Use to love this franchise now all im left with is bitter taste of disappointment and the feeling of being ripped off and lied too!

This game is still pretty much a game of Russian Roulette due to all the bugs, lag, out of region players and the dumbest idea of all Lag Compensation!

Sorry EA but no DiCE! (pun intended)

R.i.P Battlefield Franchise :(

Will these possible remakes be given out free, free for Premium owners or required to be purchased seperately from the Premium?

Been in love with the series since 2142, which is still my all-time favorite competitive shooter. Would LOVE to see a “2143” in modern day Frostbite.. Other than that, Grand bazaar and AN94!
The one thing I hate about BF now is having to store the immense amount of DLC, and I actually wouldn’t mind seeing a physical bundle of all the DLC in the future to save on HDD space, especially considering this is a series you want to keep installed to be able to get back to at all times..

It seems to me like “Final Stand” has been leading towards BF2142…
If you go there, as an expansion pack, I will be very pleased.. :-D

15.1

2142 was a commercial failure, Final Stand is probably the closest you’ll get.

Dice already leaked that the new DLC will be retro maps. The only question is *which* maps and whether premium members will get it for free.

Any chance of actually fixing the single-player campaign save bugs after, what, a year or so????

16.1

They (Dice) have admitted that they won’t be fixing that. See my workaround a few posts up.

16.2

Thanks Bov – I think I will pass on that method and just try an all-day session – and never ever buy from this company again.

Although i had issues to start i loved this game, its a gaming marvel. I would love to see something differant for dlc, multiplayer soldiers stuck on a map fighting aliens or something, in an apocolyptc enviroment. I know eyes are rolling but rhe game engine is so beautiful i am sure it would look stunning and be great fun, heres dreaming :-)

17.1

Go play Crysis ;)

Omaha Beach! Designed for hugely defensive, fortified warfare and it affected GAMEPLAY very uniquely with offense, amphibious assaults almost replicated in Gulf Of Oman (albeit lacking defences to have parallel focus). I’ve played ALL Battlefield entries and I’d say 2142 (conceptually) is my favourite as an alternate take on technologies/designs. The nicest maps overall, nevertheless, were on Vietnam (BBC2’s expansion, not Battlefield: Vietnam) and Battlefield 3’s DLC: Armoured Killed. Harvest Day, too, was a lovely improvement from Dragon Valley in BF 2!

Worst map? Operation Metro, oddly ported, when not Rush, only ever played to boost stats on Conquest (which is Battlefield’s primary mode as vast and dynamical), lacking any of the positives for which Battlefield is known: intricate maps, varied vehicles, unique showdowns at each flag and maneuvering possibilities extensively. . .

LegendOfTheEast3 11 December, 2014 @ 07:40

I hope we can get BFBC2 maps they were the best for rush mode and I think not only me thinking about those maps so please make that happen

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history