Posted

The 12 deals of Christmas #6

Alien: Isolation and Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f join the sale

Hi everyone! We’re officially half way through our epic 12 Deals of Christmas and we’re about to pull another cracker from our stocking of goodies.

Check out the next set of offers coming your way today! Remember, all deals go live at 12.00pm (noon) GMT and end at 11.59am GMT 48 hours later.

PS4:

Alien: Isolation
Was €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95, now €34.99/£24.99/AU$47.95

PS3:

Alien: Isolation
Was €49.99/£39.99/AU$69.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95

PS4/PS3:

Alien: Isolation Season Pass
Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$37.95, now €16.99/£13.99/AU$25.95

PS Vita:

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f
Was €29.99/£24.99/AU$44.95, now€14.99/£11.99/AU$22.95
PS Plus members save an additional 10%

Enjoy! We’ll be adding new deals throughout December so be sure to check PlayStation Store regularly.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

140 Comments
0 Author replies

*sigh*

1.1

Just thought that store/blog team should know that the description for Alien game in PS4 store says, ‘special offer price From 28th Nov to 2nd Dec’ lol… I actually wrote ‘it’s a mistake’ surely? further down in blog, but then went to store and guess I was right, or is just having the old date the mistake?.. Unbelievable gaff..

There are soooo many items in the store that have old sale text still attached to them. The store design is so archaic it’s unreal.

It’s been this way since the new store was implemented, after all these years it’s STILL a complete mess every single wee and they refuse to even acknowledge it. They should just go back to the old PSN store for everyone’s sake.

That deal for Hatsune Miku is fantastic for people who havent picked it up yet. Highly recommend picking it up at that price!

2.1

Yeah, who haven’t picked it up yet… Unfortunetly who wanted to play it, already picked it up. Diva f2 sale would’ve been better.

I’d just love it if they would discount Persona 4.

Non-rpg fans like me are a little reluctant to plucking $40 for it, but I’m down for anything lower.

Persona 4 was discounted less than 2 weeks ago.

crimsonidol-de 11 December, 2014 @ 11:34

When will the DLCs for Diva F 2nd work properly for Costume Pass-owners?

X_Blood_Curse_X 11 December, 2014 @ 11:34

Any Vita game thar’s already been on sale :/

X_Blood_Curse_X 11 December, 2014 @ 11:35
4.1

*another

*that’s

can’t say. nothing that caught my eye, that for sure. it shouldn’t be to hard to run down the blog I guess.

No way no way, Project diva? THANK you :D

I thought you were being sarcastic. Then I looked at metacritic. Then I looked at mainstream reviews. Then I bought Diva. Then I played it all night. Oh the shame. Now I feel bad about raging against DDR so hard during my youth.

Wasn’t Alien (PS4) on sale a few week ago at this price? If so, what’s the point of this? So, week 6 and I haven’t bought anything, compare this to last year when I pretty much bought all the deals. Pretty poor so far Sony.

easy way to spare our money ;)

*goes back and checks last years’ deals*

You’re right. Even though they only had deals on PS3/Vita games, the selection and the pricing was a lot better at that same time last year. Although I don’t really care for digital sales anymore because my local online stores usually have better deals, it’s really disappointing to see this year’s selection so far. Let’s hope the upcoming ones are better!

It was part of the Black Friday sale and not as good as this pricing – http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/27/irresistible-black-friday-discounts-hit-playstation-store/
PS4

Alien: Isolation – Was £54.99/€69.99/AU$99.95, now £24.99/€36.99/AU$55.95

Alien: Isolation – Season Pass – Was £19.99/€24.99/AU$37.95, now £13.99/€16.99/AU$25.95

Show more replies
TroubleMaker411 11 December, 2014 @ 11:34

blah blah blah rubbish sale!
scoff scoff scoff cheaper on disc!
moan moan moan when will you do that new game from last week for a tenner?

Just kidding. cool price for digital Alien. Cheers.

X_Blood_Curse_X 11 December, 2014 @ 11:38
7.1

Moan moan moan legitimate critisism of overpriced digital games

TroubleMaker411 11 December, 2014 @ 11:57
7.2

Then go buy the disc.
Simple enough

“Then go buy the disc.
Simple enough”

Don’t be coming on here with simple logical answers you must cry and moan about prices like the rest of them.

Show more replies

Nothing for me this time, yay!

was waiting for sao and hdn but hatsune miku is good enough. I’ll buy it thank you

The retail price is currently €35 already for Alien Isolation. Bleh!

HermaniosPollos 11 December, 2014 @ 11:36

PLEASE do Lego Marvel Superheroes next, thats the only game I really NEED :(

hatsune miku is still shows full price

Nowt for me again, Sony obviously don’t want my money this year, 2014 has been a very stale year for games :(

Ive bought TLOU and battlefield and really happy with tlou. waiting patiently for a ps + discount that i am sure isnt coming.

I’m still holding out for The Walking Dead Vita ^__^

After 10 or more times in regular sales?

I didn’t see it on sale apart from the PS4 version on Black Friday. Also everything else offered so far has already been on sale, so why not? :D

Show more replies
Akashic__Records 11 December, 2014 @ 11:39

Already have project diva f for ps3 and vita.

Not bad sales anyway, just not interested this time.

Eh.. nothing for me

I mean no disrespect and discounts are always welcomed, but I would not go as far as… half way through our “epic” 12 Deals of Christmas…

18.1

They are epic……. fails XD

18.2

@dark overlord
correction – you’re an epic fail. Just ask your mum

Merry Christmas??
More like bah humbug

“Epic” is a poor choice of adjective to describe these deals so far.

“Mediocre” would be much more appropriate.

20.1

Though in keeping with the flagrant over misuse of the word. I don’t think anything that people claim to have been “epic” in the past 10 years has actually been so.

20.2

I bought Hatsune Miku but it’s not epic sale. İf SAO go into sale it will be epic for me

20.3

Driveclub, £20. I would love to see this happen. Especially with weather and challenges all working now! Think of it as a “second wind” launch.

Additionally, Hatsune Miku is a steal at that price! Well worth getting.

21.1

This, I would possibly even stretch to £25, but £20 (or less *wink wink*) would be an instant buy from me.

NorthernFusion 11 December, 2014 @ 12:18
21.2

I would happily buy it again for that price, just glad I pretty much made my money back on it when it was still unplayable online.

21.3

If this happens then that’ll be £20 off me too

Show more replies

good deal if your looking for the digital version of Alien.
I hear its an alright game, pretty long so good value there…..
That said it’s been £25 a while from various sources.

Got Alien Isolation when it was on sale a few weeks ago – selfishly glad today’s sale price is the same.

Anyone think the season pass is worth a pop? Are the survivor mode new levels any good?

What are the chances of getting sword art online for sale on the vita?

24.1

I’ll wait for this since ages. USA already got that deal. I’m starting to loose my hope on this

What’s the point of making a discount on a game that was on sale 2 weeks ago? No sense at all. There are no more games?

Rivals, Legend of Korra, Infamous First Light, Advanced Warfare, The Swapper, Guacamelee and so on.

A few examples right there.

25.1

The Swapper and Infamous First Light are on PS+ Next Month so I wouldn’t worry too much about those.

Gaucamelee has seen a lot of deals and was a PS+ game too
First Light and the Swapper will be ps+ games next month, no need to make sales for those

25.3

I hope there will be more indie games for PS4 on the 12-day sale as well. As a hardcore PS4 gamer I already bought most of these games on disc during the launch period (as did many other PS4 owners I know). These deals are good but for us hardcore gamers unfortunately they’re not interesting.

I hope they will discount some indie games besides the digital retail games. There are a couple of indie games that interest me but they’re a little pricey at the moment. A discount would definitely make me buy them (Defense Grid 2/Unfinished Swan/Castlestorm).

These are really good deals, the only legitimate complaint really is that they are the exact same as the black Friday deals.

I’m over spent already this month so probably for the best.

Please make sao apart of the sales!

27.1

And Korra too for ps4 :)

27.2

yes put the SAO on sale already!

Just waiting for a deal on Warriors Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4 on Vita! Hope we’ll have good sales on January!

“We’re officially half way through our epic 12 Deals of Christmas”

Where are those epics deals he’s talking about?

29.1

It must be a reference to the length of time this torture is going to last. Honestly, I haven’t been even the slightest bit tempted by anything so far, and I usually go crazy at the hint of a bargain. That said, Diva f is decent, but was on sale just a few weeks back.

I am hoping for Shadows of Mordor deal and Borderlands 2 for Vita.

30.1

Shadow of Mordor was on Sale in the US Black Friday deal, so there’s a very good chance. BTW, create yourself a US account in future. Lots of money to be saved ;)

NorthernFusion 11 December, 2014 @ 12:14
30.2

I bought that and The Evil Within for 20 each in the US sale, doubt we’ll see anything like that here so soon. Hope I’m wrong though.

Bought Alien from Game for 25 new on disc with extra dlc. It almost looks a good deal here if you don’t compare it with what you could have got elsewhere.

Meh. I guess I’ll have more money to spend somewhere else then. I’m starting to lose interest in these “epic” deals. TLoU was awesome, but since then it’s been nothing but overpriced disappointment.

let me know when the sale starts

And another game from Black Friday sale… Great…
You could at least give some Plus discount.

NorthernFusion 11 December, 2014 @ 12:11

A good Vita selection, finally!

The price is now as it should be normally. Now add a discount to it and we’ll consider it a sale.

Only 6 deals left, and I’ve not picked up anything. Last 12doxmas I picked up 5 games, all for PS3.

There still might be hope.

Twas the 6th PSN deal of xmas yet all was not well.
Sony’s selection remains poor, so they can go to hell.
The PS4 games are too dear,
my wallet will stay closed I fear,
As the choice of games remains a hard sell.

25 pounds for Alien Isolation? This is not a sale, Sony, these are price matches for Amazon that have been like this for weeks. Would love the game though, just disappointed in this ‘special’ Christmas sale.

NorthernFusion 11 December, 2014 @ 12:26

There needs to be some more differentiation between the PS4 and PS3 titles, I get there’s not that many new games on PS3 that aren’t on PS4, but I can still name a few titles that would be great additions to the sale e.g. Tales of Xillia 2, Tears to Tiara 2, Persona 4: Ultimax (too soon maybe?), Deadfall Adventures (looks interesting enough to me) to name a few.

40.1

Ar Nosurge maybe – though I got it on sale retail this week :)

Νο way! I haven’t heard/read good things about it. And there is the thing with the season pass which I am against it, so no deal. Gotta be honest, I have no expectations at all. Any game included on the xmas deals can or will be found at other places sooner or later. Sony wins anyway but I don’t feel (and neither should you) particularly charitable, and a line must be drawn with the farce that is the digital pricing.

After six deals , nothing for me today either, so its epic for sure.

If nothing else this sale is really helping me build my vita collection, picked up Danganronpa 2 the other day and Project Diva today :D

Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club Far cry 4 and drive club…..

Looks like sony is not exactly making these as EPIC as they are making the DEALS sound.

Half of the games if not most you can pick up cheaper in the shops and have the Hard Copy of the game.

That and the discount is shocking considering they are supposed to be EPIC discounts.

So far the only EPIC thing about 12 Deals of Christmas this year is the EPIC failing of what has been on offer in general that is including the “discounts”.

If sony are going to want people to buy digital more they are going to have to take their finger out their bum and give decent prices to combat the ones you can get in the retail stores.

You know what would be epic for me? Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition for less than €15.
The 12 deals are very bad this far…

46.1

bought it for 59.99 euro. totaly worth it. played like 200 hours

It does worths it, but since I have it on PC, i want a really good sale to re buy it at PS4. 15 euros would be an instant buy for sure.

46.3

I have it on pc too

I already own both of these, but to anyone who doesn’t, I SERIOUSLY suggest getting Project Diva F for this deal, I got it 7 months ago and am still playing, one of the best games on PS3, and yes its a rhythm game, BUT ITS SOOO ADDICTING.

Hey Chris,

will Suikoden 1+2 be released on our PSN store as well?
Or rather should I have any expectations for additional Ps1 Classics/Psp games? (Xenogears, Breath of Fire 4, etc.)

Have a nice day

The Suikoden games will be released in Europe in January.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V! PLEASE.

@blog staff/store team.

Show full comment

@blog staff/store team.
I think you maybe made mistake or two, with today’s ‘epic sale’ being the exact (to the pennie) offer that was on our store over the Black Friday weekend, also I noticed last week that there was a God of War collection2 in a sale, may of even been said Black Friday one?, the one I believe was meant to have gone up was the first remake, that is vita and PS3 combined, I think the fact that when prices were shown both here on blog, then on the store, the games price had risen from the £13.99 it has been (for the GoW2collection) for over six months if not longer, to I think £15.99 or £16.99, so when it was offered as a sale item it merely reduced to it’s normal price of £13.99 but with a 10% plus discount, stands to reason that the price alone suddenly altering to ‘fit in’, must mean something went wrong, as well as the fact that the original game would of made much more sense, (I now remember it was ps anniversary) so the GoW that was undoubtably the swan song game of ps2, then remade for PS3, then made again for vita, was the right one, instead the second collection got a price rise so it could then ‘fit in’ to anniversary of ps sales.. obviously having now two Black Friday deals enter the 12 gifts/sales of Christmas Must also be some misunderstanding/mistake, can you please check your lists to remind yourselves of these as we really don’t want it to continue, just a reminder, Shadow of Mordor was also on Black Friday, so IF by chance that is also on upcoming slot, then perhaps someone should explain that it is Not a festive ‘treat’ to customers, hope you’s can remedy these obvious mistakes, ps, that must of been some (early) Xmas party for this to occur, thanks.

50.1

Posted it above but it’s just too good to resist.. They have even put the Black Friday date on in the sale description, on PS4’s store.. 28th nov to 2nd Dec, so 10 days later, talk about stale, or did they have a mad Xmas bash and everything is all wrong?…

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history