New Gran Turismo 6 update adds new cars and features today

Two new Vision Gran Turismo vehicles leave the garage

Hi everyone. An update for Gran Turismo 6 has just been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Vision Gran Turismo

The “Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo” and the “INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo” have been released.

After the update has been installed, the cars can be purchased from the Vision GT option within the CARS section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the cars by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.

Other improvements and adjustments

• The sorting order of your car list in the Garage will now be saved.
  • A notice will now be sent to the Messages inbox of users whom content created within the Community area has been removed due to a violation of SEN Terms of Service.

Resolved issues

• Fixed an issue wherein the camber angles of cars shown in the Favourite Cars tab within the My Page section of the Community area was not displayed correctly. To replace the image with the correct one, please upload the new image by deleting the existing one and share it again with the Share Favourite Car option.

For more details on each of the above features, please refer to the online manual on

Did you enjoy this?

19 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
SergioDaly 17 December, 2014 @ 4:19 am   1

2 more vision cars… Cool. The list of upcoming cars is still long. Anyone knows when will it be all available?

Two new awesome cars? Nice!

Don`t care about 2 new cars without FANATEC wheels support. what about support all FANATEC wheels?

That’s what I love about you guys.

In other titles *caugh* DriveClub *caugh* people would be forced to pay for new content. You just add it like a normal patch. What’s more Logitech wheels support, great and realistic model of driving, and those tracks…what more do I need?

As long as Gran Turismo 6 is still supported I don’t need any other driving game.

Long live the King!

I cant agree more…….

I dont have a PS4 yet, but when i do, im keeping my PS3, TV and Wheel setup for this reason.
    The PS4 will have to get a new TV 🙂

Really sad that DriveClub doesnt support the Logitech wheels.
    They say its HW related, but either way, i hope that eventually, the PS4 GT will twist some arms, and get the Logitech wheels working.

Im not buying a new wheel, my Driving Force Pro GT is the best thing since sliced bread…. and isn’t exactly the cheapest peripheral (specially when you buy it for one game)

Driveclub has free tracks and cars every month actually, and paid DLC, just like Gran Turismo has had since GT5. Driveclub also has amazing weather, physics, online and visuals that have set the bar pretty high (now that the server issues are fixed).

andrewsqual 17 December, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

Exactly and Evolution said before launch that there would be free cars and ALL new tracks will be free.
    “And even though we’ve already got 55 routes over 25 tracks in the game, we’ll be bringing you more new tracks to enjoy and all of them will be free.”

So yet again we have somebody complaining about something without knowing anything about it, as if they just needed to complain for the sake of complaining. Oh and its Archacus again, WHAT A SHOCK!!!!

Huh… to your information Gran Turismo 6 doesn’t have DLCs. You can buy in-game credit (which you can also get by playing), but no additional content like cars or tracks.

Goth is right though saying that GT5 had DLCs… but that’s the only part.

So andrew once again you are making fun of yourself with your boring “exactly”. I know that you try very hard to shine, and you have huge urge to attack everyone who have different opinion.. but… ya know what… I don’t care *yawn*

I’m “complaining” on how awesome Gran Turismo 6 is… but whatever

The thing is.
    Better driving model -> GT6
    More wheels supported -> GT6
    No paid additional content -> GT6
    Real world tracks -> GT6
    Number of day 1 cars -> GT6 (1197 vs 50)
    Better graphic -> DriveClub

So… andrew… you were saying something? Huh… next time when you will want to bite someone… make sure that at least you have theeths.

@Andrewsqual You do realize that the link you sent, although shows a meezly 9 free cars, and 11 free tracks… it also outlines all of the DLC, being 38 Cars, 176 Events and 80 Livieries that you have to buy?

Either way, im not saying there is anything wrong with drive club, i think its awesome, and will prob get the retail version when i get PS4.
    You cant really say one is better than the other, because im sure both are good, for 2 different genre’s: Sim Racer, and Arcade Racer.

PS4 release date next novemeber right?

Write back when you are on ps4!!! Just kidding but seriously haven’t turned on my PS3 for 4 months.

HeikeStagBeetle 17 December, 2014 @ 11:21 am   7

I bought the game just last week, and for me it’s such a vast improvement over GT5, that I may finally stop yearning for the days when I played 4 on my PS2. Seeing you release extra content for it only makes it better.

andrewsqual 17 December, 2014 @ 1:18 pm   8

Great work Polyphony, I thought my PS3 turned on last night and woke me downloading something big. Can’t wait to test out these 2 new beasts 😀

glenhomer22 17 December, 2014 @ 2:57 pm   9

This update better work!

I’ve been having difficulty installing the last 3 large updates (I think 1.12 to 1.14) and haven’t played the game for a number of months now. I want to start playing again, so is there a way to solve the problem?

BigVinZ007 17 December, 2014 @ 4:41 pm   10

The sorting order of your car list in the Garage will now be saved

Been wanting this since 2010 GT5. Finally here.

@glenhomer22 I faced the same problems. It’s best that you install each patch one at a time. After patch 1.09 I believe you have to run gt6 and let the patch install. It’s best you do this for each patch. It takes a while but it decreases the chances of data corrupting

Does anyone else have problems with Seasonal Events? When I’m trying to open them from the main menu the game becomes unresponsive.

Seasonal Events started to work this morning. Now the game becomes unresponsive when I’m trying to open Community from the main menu.

Thank you for another free update with two new cars but please can you add some events for these vision cars as
once you’ve done the one lap in the seasonal event to win the car it can disappear into the garage and never be used again.

Within the Vision section you could have a one make series (championship), Goodwood Hill Climb and Time Trial around Sierra for each car.