The 12 deals of Christmas #12

Far Cry 4 and Freedom Wars round off our festive deals

We made it, eleven deals down and one simply epic set of deals to go! We have a real Christmas cracker to finish up so all that is left for me to say is from all at PlayStation Store, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Remember, all deals go live at 12.00pm GMT and end at 11.59am GMT 48 hours later

Far Cry 4 Gold Edition (Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
Was €99.99/£74.99/AU$135.95, now €59.99/£49.99/AU$90.95

Far Cry 4 (Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
Was €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95, now €44.99/£39.99/AU$62.95

Far Cry 4 Season Pass (Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$99.95, now €19.99/£15.99/AU$47.95

Metro Redux (Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE only)
Was €39.99/£29.99/AU$54.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$30.95

Metro 2033 Redux (Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE only)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €12.49/£9.79/AU$18.95

Metro: Last Light Redux (Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE only)
Was €19.99/£15.99/AU$29.95, now €12.49/£9.79/AU$18.95

Was €89.99/£69.99/AU$129.95, now €54.99/£44.99/AU$79.95

Far Cry 4 (Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE)
Was €59.99/£49.99/AU$89.95, now €34.99/£24.99/AU$44.95

Was €29.99/£23.99/AU$99.95, now €19.99/£15.99/AU$47.95

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution (Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE only)
Was €54.99/£39.99/AU$79.95, now €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95

PS Vita:

Freedom Wars
Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$32.95, now €14.99/£11.99/AU$22.95
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Enjoy! Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

271 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Alphaembryo 23 December, 2014 @ 11:31 am   1

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this deal.
Please, click only one, so that the results are more or less representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

Alphaembryo 23 December, 2014 @ 11:31 am

>> I enjoy this deal.

Alphaembryo 23 December, 2014 @ 11:31 am

>> I don’t enjoy this deal.

Great price for Freedom Wars, abysmal price for Far Cry 4.

Harrisown 23 December, 2014 @ 1:12 pm

Are you going to do this for every post now? :/

KaneTheGoth 23 December, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

@Harrisown, Yes, I hope Alphaembryo does this for all posts of this type. Sony only shows the positive comments with the above “xyz people like this”. so it’s up to the community to come up with something that adequately shows a more accurate view of how we feel, and that is exactly what Alphaembryo has done.

I’ll always vote 🙂

ThaBEN_NL 23 December, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

I’ll do applaud them for discounting the Far Cry 4 season pass.
    Whish they had more DLC, season passes & indie games on sale beside digital retail copy’s

NorthernFusion 23 December, 2014 @ 1:39 pm

Considering there’s no other way to convey how we feel (in numbers), this is the best option for now.

The majority of these ‘deals’ this year have been very poor this year. In the Boxing Day sales I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to pick up most the games released over the last few months for around 20-30 quid from Game, Amazon, Play or CEX. Who are the people paying for the gold digital editions of games? £70-£80 for the main game and some DLC, would be interested to see the sale stats from Sony. They must shift some at least to have it as an option!

MaxDiehard 23 December, 2014 @ 3:50 pm

Actually, there’s an option to leave feedback on whether you like the post just above the comments section.

Gray-Fox47 23 December, 2014 @ 3:50 pm

To be honest didn’t get anything out of these 12 days myself, and I believe I didn’t last year, the year before that was great though.
    However I liked the Ratchet and Clank for €9,-.
    Would love to see Plants vs Zombies for Vita finally, I think USA has had if twice already and maybe discounts on dlc.
    Also make Metal Gear Rising dlc free or really cheap because I’m itching to go and buy it on the 360 now for roughly €7,- where all the dlc is free, and don’t give me the we had it in PS+ because I purposely don’t download games I consider buying so I can actually own them, and PS+ is not owning as such I will not buy dlc for a game I’m only renting.

NorthernFusion 23 December, 2014 @ 3:59 pm

How many people have disliked this article using the above icons instead of liking Alpha’s comments?

zalwelgoedgaan 23 December, 2014 @ 4:12 pm

About 160 likes and 800 dislikes. So out of 6 people, 1 person likes the deal and 5 people dislike the deal.

That’s an improvement over the last deal, which was 1 person who likes the deal vs. 10 people who dislike the deal! It’s getting better Sony, keep it up with the Christmas Deals!

……oh, wait…

LendMeYourVoice 23 December, 2014 @ 4:18 pm

While I get the point of these posts, I don’t think they’re particularly useful. No matter what the deal is there are always going to be more people disappointed than those that are happy with it even if it’s great it won’t appeal to everyone.

That being said I haven’t found any of the deals to be good this year (Freedom Wars is a at a good price but I bought it at launch…)

zalwelgoedgaan 23 December, 2014 @ 4:31 pm

@LendMeACupOfSugar: Previous years had some SICK sales and PS+ offers (the months where Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3 were offered were insane), if we polled those back then I guarantee you that the likes would greatly outnumber the dislikes.

We’ve given feedback many times in the past on how to improve the blog (edit function lol) but it seems that most things are just impossible or out of SCEE’s hands and that they’re taking the hit.

Maybe it’s time to do another feedback survey now that the new generation has begun.

Oh, and if we ever get €1 sales here like in the US and the dislikes outnumber the likes, then I’ll buy you a 5 quid PSN card, deal?

KaneTheGoth 23 December, 2014 @ 4:57 pm

@LendMeYourVoice, zalwelgoedgaan is completely right. A few years ago there was almost nothing but praise for the PS+ announcements, you can even look back to these posts if you wish to see the volume of positivity.

I do feel the PS community is pretty fair with their comments; most of us have been PS owners for many years, and when the post is good, we are honest (as we want the same quality repeated), but when it’s poor, you better believe we’ll voice our opinions on that, too. 🙂 As we should! I still love Sony, but we *must* be mindful that they’re a corporation, who want to make money (which is fair). Those who nod along happily are the exact demographic that bad deals are tailored for, and posting/voting our approval/disapproval is completely necessary 🙂

PIREDERAS 23 December, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

Well, Freedom Wars is a good deal, and Metro Redux, too. But yeah, the Far Cy 4 deal is laughable.

hoard_moard 23 December, 2014 @ 6:53 pm

I had a feeling we will get a price drop for Freedom Wars, which is incredible. Even at full 25 euros it is a steal. At least my Vita is happy. Got really nice deals out of the Christmas deals and Anniversary sale.
    Ys: Memories of Celceta, Tearaway, Resogun (although at full retail price, totally worth it), and Resistance: Burning Skies.

nzBrowncoat 23 December, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

Far Cry 4 on PS4….$96 for New Zealand!!?? I think the word “Deal” may be misunderstood.

hurleyboyk 23 December, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

It would be interesting to know what price people would consider a good deal. Each time a deal comes out, loads of people jump on it declaring it as bad, but very few actually offer a conscructive price point.

How much do you think Far Cry 4 should be on offer for?

@zalwelgoedgaan Would it be easier if they didn’t do deals?

Gamedealdaily has Far Cry 4 for $37usd and TLOU for $18usd (digital downloads), it eats these 12 deals for breakfast.

Tipo-120B 24 December, 2014 @ 6:48 am

Hurleyboyk – A price that’s lower than the SRP you see on the shelves in supermarkets.

BennyJ94 – Quite possibly yes. Is it better to say nothing or tell a mate his new girlfriend must have got run over by the big fat ugly truck? Point is, some of these ‘Deals’ have been insulting.

Most new Playstation kids don’t know any different but what is offered today is total lunacy compared to yesteryear. Plus Sony never, ever respond to critisism on this blog. It’s as if it has never been posted.

Why are PS4 games more expensive than PS3, even though it’s an development platform?

Why are games in Europe way more expensive than the US?

Why are the digital games disgustingly overpriced compared with retail prices, when the reverse should be true? No packaging, no physical media, no printing and no distribution or logistics costs!

Why is the US fed with a silver spoon compared to Europe?

Why are US deals (talking about content) generally better than Europe?

Why do Sony [MODERATED] on Europe every chance they get when the vast majority of PS devices are sold here compared to the US, where’s the loyalty to us?

Why do the blog team NEVER respond to these questions?

For the people in the UK, I’d suggest emailing Watchdog with these questions. Perhaps Sony might respond then.

*Sony keeps on harpping on that the publishers set the prices of the digital games. If that’s so, why don’t Sony lead by example and lower the prices of the games they publish, like PD’s monumental mess GT6!

Tipo-120B 24 December, 2014 @ 7:01 am

That’s what it was supposed to say. See, iPads do have some things they’re crap at.

Tipo-120B 24 December, 2014 @ 7:02 am

I give up…….. Easier, it’s supposed say easier damn it!

WildWayz007 24 December, 2014 @ 11:24 am

I honestly cannot see the deal here. Local supermarkets in the UK (ASDA) are selling Far Cry 4 on PS4 for £25. I know it’s the regular version, but according to that list the PSN price is £39.99 for that same version! I could get that + season pass for £1 more than the standard version on PSN.

Harrisown 24 December, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

Why would Sony care about these silly little polls. They have their own internal sales numbers which are full of people putting their money where their mouth is.

No GoW for vita 🙁

ligtningrod1 23 December, 2014 @ 11:35 am   3

I really want to Say I’m tempted but I just can’t about Farcry 4, Metro is a little tempting though.

This is one of the better ones, shame I bought Far Cry two days ago 🙁
Tempted by Freedom Wars though.
These still aren’t exactly bargains but they’re among only maybe two or three of the 12 days that could actually even be considered a deal. So good job Sony, you still have no concept of how to fairly run an online store.

Is it? You can buy retail for very similar price… 42 GBP on Amazon UK and that is without any sale.

Buy Freedom Wars! It’s really great game.

salvogdaze 23 December, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

For those unaware, you can buy digital Far Cry 4 for 37.5$ from game deal daily. What does that make, like 30€? Yeah, thought so.

There have been better deals on Far Cry 4. I’ve seen the limited edition PS4 version for less (Shopto). I’ve seen for £349 a PS4 with GTAV, Last of US, Far Cry 4 with another game (AC Unity maybe) at Argos.

Have they fixed Freedom Wars by finally giving the update or are European players still imprisoned?

Stranded87 23 December, 2014 @ 12:07 pm

@Archacus It’s still £2 cheaper here and I prefer the convenience of digital (not enough to make up for the generally poor prices though). Plus the Gold Edition is a good deal if you actually want the season pass.

Aye, of course you can find better deals. Even on Amazon UK you can buy “limited edition” for just 36 GBP. But standard price of retail through Amazon UK is 42 GBP.

It’s not a deal when the prices of digital product is lowered only to the standard price of retail.

From what I heard everything is all green. You can jump into Freedom Wars without any worries.

SpiderMike_X 23 December, 2014 @ 11:35 am   5

Nothing for me this year. Not complaining as I bought every game on my list. Mostly from the NA store as EU prices are shockingly laughable once again. Happy Holidays Chris and team. See you next year.

capitales7 24 December, 2014 @ 11:55 am

I don’t really understand it. Some news site did some digging and found that both on Xbox and PS, the digital prices in all EU countries were significantly higher than retail (with France being the worst with an average €12 higher). Meanwhile, for both consoles, in the US the prices were generally the same or CHEAPER digitally.
    Something weird is going on here…

Nobody moves! Thread hijack!

Using this special occasion, I’d like to wish all of you (community and SCEE employees) happy Christmas time (or other holidays depending on your religion) spent with close family and friends. I wish you nice presents and joy that comes from seeing reaction of your girlfriends, wives and kids tearing off the wrapping paper from theirs presents.

And of course Happy NEW Year. May the new year be better and more bountiful than year which is nearly gone. Wish you health, fun and money.

Grab Freedom Wars if you don’t already have it…

Tipo-120B 24 December, 2014 @ 7:07 am

I’m hoping Santa drops Planetside 2 Beta in my stocking, or before end of December!

GrumpyMcGrump 23 December, 2014 @ 11:35 am   7

ending off with a bad deal. nothing for me this year…

Higgledy33 23 December, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

Me neither

On the upside, I got a great deal on a digital copy of Titanfall. I’ll be playing that over Christmas.

To be honest the 12 deals of christmas are always terrible and ps4 hasnt been in a christmas sale yet last year january sale was amazing i bought nothing from 12 days of christmas but i bought games like dragon age origins for £5 and game prices are syncronising with shop prices dont know if its just two games but one is expensive at retail anyway because the order is £50 on the store and 50 on disc but the witcher 3 is £40.44 on ps store and is £41 on disc so might be the start of something i was shocked when i saw it

MazzingerZ 23 December, 2014 @ 6:56 pm

I have the feeling last year’s deals were better or?
    As long as digital prices are not competitive from start those discounts won’t never sound as a good deal. I look at the digital prices and they are just crazy…sometimes the difference vs retail can be up to 30% and I’m talking about brand new games, forget about the 2nd hand market online…I have no problem buying digital if prices are right, for me, digital should be 29.99-39.99…I think they would sell more…why so expensive? No logistic costs, warehousing, manufacturing, etc…well well…next you will be better, this is PS4 first year. Have a great X-mas guys!

It’s christmas Sony. C’mon you could given us a better deal ;D

Meanwhile, the US, in a “weak” sale got Diablo 3 for €30 ($36)…
    Awful christmas deals, really.

£39.99 is a deal? u wot m8

€30.00 for a season pass is a sad joke, even €20 is way more than what they’re usually worth.

Tipo-120B 24 December, 2014 @ 7:12 am

I thought season passes were scrapped, or was it network access passes? Maybe the devs have just renamed them season passes so they slip under the radar, this way they can still be greedy!

This is so unfair. 2 Ubisoft games in 12 deals…. Paid commercial, nothing more… Useless crap…

kashif_786 23 December, 2014 @ 11:36 am   11

This has been an embarrassing set of deals. You didn’t even try and make the PS4 offerings a competitive price. I could pop out now and get Far Cry 4 for cheaper than £39.99.

Try living somewhere other than the UK. The prices in the stores over in the UK are far more competitive than the rest of Europe so getting a game that has a store price of 70 Euros for 45 is a deal.

The UK isn’t the only place in the world.

Not really… even in Poland it is more or less the same price (standard retail price vs “deal” on PSN)

Not here in Ireland, or other places in Europe I have family/friends.

There I was thinking that you might actually pull out a good final deal for the PS4. How wrong I was, £40 for Far cry? So normal price in most retail outlets. Great. I wonder if those retail outfits are also referring to that price as a deal?

Freedom wars is a good price. So at least the vita has had a good deal or two…

Great end. Feel sorry for players in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi, UAE.
Otherwise it is very good.

jfontyman 23 December, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

Huh? But i wanted Metro 2033 Redux, I’ve already got FC4, too bad for who? I’m envious .

@jfontyman Have you tried creating a Kuwait PSN account? Maybe you can purchase it from there and play it from your main acc if you set it as parent acc.

They give us this deal, since everyone that got the AC Unity Season Pass also got this game. FML! Goodbye Dragon Age: Inquisition. PSN Store won’t see a dime from me for months.

Can Any1 tell me if it’s worth a purchase at €45 . I wasn’t too into the older games and this is still 75 in my local gamestop . I wouldn’t pick it up at full price but tempted now . Or should I just go amazon so I’ve an option to trade in if I don’t get into it

shengaorend 23 December, 2014 @ 11:38 am   16

Freedom Wars, finally what I’ve been waiting for!

DavoTheDiv 23 December, 2014 @ 11:38 am   17

Slow clap. I bought Far Cry 4 for less than that on release day from the US store. Can we please have some kind of pricing parity between regions?

Looks like u tryed to shot everywhere tryng to do 1 nice shot

Guessed it’d be Far Cry 4. Ah well. nothing for me this year then 🙁

In comparison to last year, this year has been terrible.

Why the big difference in price between the PS3 and PS4 deal of Far Cry 4?

£40 for the PS4 version is not a deal.

I’ll get Freedom Wars, still was a poor outing this year compared to last year’s 12 deals.

Great price for FW, shame I already platted it!
In what world though is £40 or £50 a deal for digital games lol?

Oh well 1 out of 12 is bad, at least it was the game I wanted, TWD2, better luck next year!
Merry Xmas PlayStation!

why doesnt someone have the b alls on the blog time to respond to how p.. poor the deals are
post it and move along, is that the new sony motto

It’s because they don’t really give a crap about us now they have the leading console on the market. Sony have been renowned for this on many fronts. They need to be careful as people will leave this ship if they keep this crap up coupled with their poor PSN service; I’m sick of having messages delivered and being unable to read them and server maintenance during my gaming time.

chrisboers 23 December, 2014 @ 1:41 pm

Compared to a year ago, the sheer number of great sales this year has been enormous. I’ve bought more sale games than ever, and will buy Freedom Wars in this offer too. If it’s nothing for you, just wait for next offer, which is just around the corner. Not called a ‘deal of christmas’ but January sale. There are sales all year nowadays!

NS:UNSR for half the price of retail is actually a great deal, but the rest are pretty bad

Galvanise_ 23 December, 2014 @ 11:41 am   26

Well done Sony – without a doubt the worst video game sale I’ve ever seen. Almost all of the games that have been discounted should have either been that price before sale or are overpriced STILL.

Here is a hint of what people want:

1) Older games for less than £9.99 that they might take a punt on.
2) 25-40% off of retail priced reasonably new games.
3) Buy a game and get all the DLC included for free.

GeoffDeWoof 23 December, 2014 @ 11:41 am   27

My first ever comment on these forums.Sad to say I am commenting to say how disappointed I have been with 11 out of the 12 deals. The only well priced one was ‘Last of Us’.

£50 for a ‘sale’ price of a digital game with zero re-sale value, compared to a standard price of £39 for a boxed copy I could resell for £30 is frankly disgusting.

Robertand71 23 December, 2014 @ 11:41 am   28

Seems like Sony might be a little preoccupied this year and forgot about the deals part.

Andrew-McColl 23 December, 2014 @ 11:42 am   29

poor show Sony

all you can hope for is for people getting a full frontal lobotamy picking up far cry for £40 by accident

60 euro for far cry 4? Lol kthnxbye

Shinobi-vs-Gast 23 December, 2014 @ 11:42 am   31

0-12 For me. Thanks for saving me money Sony…

marcosmashing80 23 December, 2014 @ 11:42 am   32

And… nope, finished all 12 “deals” without spending a dime. Thanks Sony!

With the conversation rate, this deal ain’t a good deal at all. It’s cheaper to buy a retail copy from store, and sell it once you are done with it. Now that can never be taken in account with these deals, obviously, but there’s nothing to get excited about here.

SaftschubseRay 23 December, 2014 @ 11:43 am   34

Good deal for anyone who hasn’t played Far Cry 4 yet but I was hoping for GTA

RetiringSpartan 23 December, 2014 @ 11:45 am   35

Are Sony aware that £39.99 is the normal price for PHYSICAL copies of retail games in the U.K, you know, which I can sell and recoup money from, the fact that this is viewed as a ‘deal’ scares me…. If you want to usher in the digital age reduce the STANDARD price of these games to £39.99 and the ‘deal’ price to £29.99 or less, then, as if by magic, you will find more people buying digitally.

Thunderlizzard 23 December, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

It’s just ridiculous right now and it’s across the board.

Go take a look on Xbox (dot) com and click the “Grab the perfect Xbox gift!” link (second row on the left). They advertise Advanced Warfare, AC: Unity and GTA: V all with an ERP of £44.99 … click through to “Download from the Xbox Store” and, oh, wait, £54.99.

It’s not that simple, if digital games are priced below phyiscal copies then the physical retailers are driven out of business.

RetiringSpartan 23 December, 2014 @ 12:23 pm

Not necessarily Beck, Physical copies would still have re-sale value, plus the benefit of not having to download for those who have poor internet, I believe that a digital copy should always be cheaper than a physical copy because of the hassle that comes with digital for the consumer and the ease of distribution for the publisher, making it a fair trade-off for the everyday consumer to choose.

At the moment only people with more money than sense would buy a digital copy of a game for £59.99 £49.99 etc when they can get it cheaper online or in store and get money back! Publishers should take the Witcher 3 as an example, which is currently £40.49 to download, no sale here, just a price in line with retailers or in some cases better.

I totally agree with you about the pricing, I personally don’t buy digitally unless there is a huge discount as I don’t trust the terms and conditions that come with it. That and I like to be able to lend or sell a game that I’ve bought.

However, the physical stores are in a fragile state and they shift a lot of consoles. I can see them kicking up a real fuss if the digital market suddenly gets competitive. Don’t bite the hand that feeds?

And again no bonus for Plus subscribers. Epic fail.

Mebay the Plus games are awesome… Best deal of last year was Sly trilogy for 8 euro: thanks

X_Blood_Curse_X 23 December, 2014 @ 11:48 am   37

We’re not getting a discount on a PS+ subscription ever again are we?

Since for the PS3 it was essentially optional (hence they actively tried to encourage people to subscribe), vs PS4 where it’s mandatory for online stuff (so if you want to play with your friends, pay up), there isn’t a massive incentive for them to discount it at the moment, so I wouldn’t expect to see it again for a while.

chrisboers 23 December, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

Freedom Wars has a PS+ discount, right?

KaneTheGoth 23 December, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

I think the Japanese PS+ had a discount (or extra months), so I wouldn’t give up yet. Having said that, it’s been over a year since we last had a PS+ discount, which also marks the first calendar year we didn’t get one.. at all.

I think we all knew to expect the corporate route to be taken when PS+ became mandatory for online play 🙁

well, I’m still waiting for it…

Dejinator 23 December, 2014 @ 6:24 pm

There is a PS+ discount but it only shows up when you checkout.

waited all the 22 days for far cry and its on sale nice :))

only problem is its still £55 on the store for me being that way for 30min now

TrueMurton 23 December, 2014 @ 11:59 am

The deals are announced at 1130 and go live at 1200, been that way since the first 12 deals” years ago.

m3gaman2020 23 December, 2014 @ 12:19 pm

This isn’t a deal, just go on GAME or Amazon and you’ll get it cheaper and with the added benefit of being able to resell

Go to your local supermarket and purchase it there, I guarantee it will be cheaper there.

TrueMurton 23 December, 2014 @ 3:12 pm

Find me a physical retailer selling the game AND season pass for a total of 50 quid, then you can say this isn’t a great deal, until then it looks pretty great.

I already have FC4, I wouldn’t really save much from buying it now compared to the release day.
Well we can always hope they come with some deals when the 20th anniversary deals ends. A deal that could include some PS4 titles…

I don’t know if these 12 deals of Christmas were this poor because Sony has got too confident with how much PS4 is selling. Sony remember one thing, it is not the time to [MODERATED] over your players. You shouldn’t get too confident.

People, give Freedom Wars a chance, it’s tons of fun ^^

Other than that, Merry Christmas 😀

2014 has been a rubbish year for games. Thumbs up if ya’ll agree. Here’s to 2015!

Every 12 deal of Christmas game stunk. R1250 (125 Euro) for Far Cry 4? Eat my shorts you thieves.

It’s your fault for ignoring the Vita. Vita got some good stuff.

Gotrek_74 23 December, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

I agree to some extent. We didn’t have that many classics to play here that will live long in the memory in 2014 but I have enjoyed a good few titles. Shame that some of them were rehashed games. The sooner the casual gamer stops buying the same game on another platform the better for the industry and gamers as a whole.

TrueMurton 23 December, 2014 @ 11:51 am   42

That far cry deal is very tempting knowing that I’m not getting it for Christmas. The regular edition is 45 quid in my local retailer, I get the game and season pass for 50 and I don’t need to swap discs. Night get some PSN credit this week after all.

Was hoping for far cry, but seen it cheaper yesterday in the shops , like every deal so far , the only good deal was the first one, who prices them? It’s been shocking for ps4 players this year in the sale. Look forward to the Christmas sale every year felt really let down with this one. I will finish with something you all know, it’s for the players, lol.

Shocking prices if you live in the UK as the UK has far more stores that bulk buy and therefore can sell cheaper. Come to Ireland and try and find any of the games that have been in the sale for cheaper than the sale prices. Go to any other EU country and find one cheaper.

Getting quite annoyed at the UK’s mentality over sales on the PSN. If you can get it cheaper, good for you, go get it cheaper. For the rest of Europe these ARE cheaper than what we can get it for.

@frodouk, should have actually noticed that, but you’re right, the majority of the pricing concerns are in pounds.

I’ve often wondered if people would be happier if they just put all the pricing up in USD and let people deal with the currency conversion themselves?

m3gaman2020 23 December, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

Frodouk that may be true for the rest of the eu that it’s cheaper here, but that doesn’t mean the UK should be mugged off, there’s an exchange rate for a reason and it should be implemented into the psn store. But it clearly isn’t.

These deals are for all of Europe. The UK being part of that and we have every right to complain if the prices are not regionally appropriate. If it is a good deal for Ireland then great, but it isn’t a good deal for us and, quite frankly, your pleasure or displeasure is of little concern to me.

Gotrek_74 23 December, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

@frodouk: So It’s okay for us to pay an inordinate price compared to the rest of the world? Look at it, according to Sony there is a one to one currency conversion from the US Dollar to the Pound Sterling. Do you really think that is fair? Sony seems to hate on the UK, we have always been charged over the odds and it’s time that stopped. Who has the greater economy and more disposable income? It’s the USA and they get things cheaper. If you don’t agree then don’t comment, this just makes you a troll. I truly hope that Ireland gets overpriced just for twerps like you so as you can understand our frustration.

You live in ‘rip off Britain’ apparently so you should all be used to it by now.

By the way, Britain is anything but a rip off – people in the UK get it easy, really easy and it’s why every man and his dog wants to live there. Moaning over a couple of quid isn’t really worth it, is it? Thank your lucky stars when you get sick you can pop in and see a doctor free of charge, and your taxes are relatively low, and food is cheap.

But no, let’s moan and groan over a few quid shall we? Gaming isn’t an essential part of life and if you can find prices cheaper, buy it from there – you are lucky. The prices of the games in this sale are cheaper than they were previously, so it’s a sale. Some people will benefit, others won’t.

Oh and the USA doesn’t have the better economy and higher disposable income at all – go read the news.

TrueMurton 23 December, 2014 @ 3:16 pm

I honestly don’t get how anyone can possibly disagree that Far Cry 4, which has been out for just one month plus its season pass for 50 quid is a fantastic offer.

There is nowhere, nowhere in Europe you can beat that deal, you people are complaining for the sake of complaining and then there’s people like gotrek who throw out personal insults because some people know a great deal when they see one.

You people give PlayStation fans a bad name.

Gotrek is just being a typical gamer – the one that the whole world sees us as.

What he doesn’t understand is that I’m English, not Irish, I just live here. If he honestly thinks the UK is getting ripped off, he needs to travel.

My favourite line is the one where he claims the USA gets everything cheaper … have you not heard of exchange rates fella? They may seem cheap to us when you convert the $ into £ but for the American, who have a country deep in the poop, it’s not cheap, it’s anything but.

Gotrek is clearly a teenager with no sense of anything worldly

DarkArchoNx66 23 December, 2014 @ 11:56 am   44

Ubi-season pass-ridiculous price for a Christmas sale and a digital game, some of the reason that would be a no..

I’m not one to complain…who am I kidding…of course I will complain.

The last few years that you have run the 12 deals of xmas and either a) people already have the game offered for a specific system b) the sale price is laughable at best.

I remember the xmas sale of 2010 and I bought loads of games…because there were loads of games on offer. Consider that for a moment…people are more willing to part with their money if there is something worth buying. These 12 deals I bought nowt…either a) bought the game from a better sale on the store or b) already picked up the game or c) so little offerings that I didn’t find I wanted to do battle with a store that actively discourages the customer from browsing and then from buying in the first place.

Can you please not run these 12 deals of xmas again next year and give us genuine sales instead? The only reason someone would continue to offer these deals is they don’t care if people purchase the items or not (why so many people complain about these so called sales). This might come as a surprise to people that work in global corporation but the intent is to push and sale your product or rather products (plural). If you alienate at least 3/4’s of your customer base that’s 75% less sales generated. When people are itching to spend money the European offices decide “hey I have a brilliant can we get people to not spend money?” I’m guessing that was the agenda all along.

12 days of xmas deals is a bit like pulling defeat from the jaws of victory….such a rousing success as a failure

I pre-ordered Far Cry 4 for £37! How the hell can this be a deal?
Seriously, when digital releases were introduced there was a big deal being made about it and the fact they would be made available cheaper due to no packaging costs etc, but yet we are being fobbed off with sky high prices? Then to add insult to injury you have the cheek to sell these at “Sale Prices” which are pretty much what they are going for in the shops for a hard copy!
I’m getting seriously pi$$ed off with digital versions being made available on the PSN Store for £54.99, surely no one in their right mind would pay that!!!

I also believe it would have been nice of Sony to have reviewed the situation over the last year in relation to the amount of down time we’ve had with the PSN Network, surely you could have provided an extra 1-2 mths free once the renewal was up at the end of November? But no, you were quite happy to take another £39 from my bank and no doubt use it to pay for your xmas meal!

Ok, rant over – Happy Christmas to the rest of you guys :o)

medenko1975 23 December, 2014 @ 11:58 am   47

what a disaster.

Silver-Seraphim 23 December, 2014 @ 11:58 am   48

Is there any chance of a Playstation+ sale?

at this point i am wondering if there is any chance of a sale at all..

Silver-Seraphim 23 December, 2014 @ 12:42 pm

@unbiased Lol very true, but as I have to have plus now for my ps4 and my sub is about to expire a sale on subs would be nice

€13.50 for Freedom Wars. That is a good price for a game with no English VA. It should be that price to begin with.

Again… I would pay even 40 EUR just because it has JP VA instead.

Just because there isn’t English voice acting doesn’t devalue the game – on that basis most western games should sell for cheap in Japan because there is no Japanese VA (which incidentally would make Japan a great place to import games from). It may affect your personal decision to purchase it because you don’t feel that price is justified for a game you can’t understand the voices in, but the same amount of work went into recording a Japanese voice track as would have if the game was in English with Japanese subtitles.

And as Archacus also pointed out, this is actually a selling point for some people, they prefer Japanese VA over English, particularly for Japanese games.

Uh no…one thing I can’t stand is cute little Japanese anime characters sounding like Americans. Because Americans don’t like to read and stuff…kind of gets in the way of that “exceptionalism ” if reading skills haven’t surpassed The Little Engine that Could. That’s why we get these OMG, it’s so awful dubs.

“Because dude, we are gonna open a whole can of whoopass on these monsters..ain’t that right coach?”

Ya, i think there are more games ruined by English subbing, than there are games saved by it.

Pay €40? You would be in the minority then. Very very few people would pay full price for something missing a basic standard in an English speaking country. I know lots of people who refused to get the game just because there are is no English VA. I am sure the game would have sold a lot more if it did. It might of made up the loss they made by making a physical version.

In my opinion it does devalue the game. I will not get the full value out of the game for playing it with all the voices on mute. €14.99 is a perfect price for it though.

I hate high pitch Japanese voices. Nearly every character has a high pitch squeaky voice or a really deep voice. You can blame the companies for the bad dubs because they wanted it to keep the Japanese feel.
    If they worked on the voices a bit more and translated it better they could be amazing. FF XV sounds excellent so far.

If that was in a game I bet it would be translated from a similar statement.

I highly doubt it. No game I can see had a review or normal people saying the game was ruined by English VA.

Thunderlizzard 23 December, 2014 @ 12:02 pm   50

Wow, Far Cry 4 reduced to it’s retail price, what a bargain!

Metro Redux for £20, well I never, who’d have though it, it’s never been that price before, oh, wait…

Load all