Massive PlayStation Store January sale starts today

Save big on a wide range of titles across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita

The 12 Deals of Christmas have reached their end, but never fear as PlayStation Store’s January Sale gets into full swing today (a few days early, I know!). Grab yourself a bargain or two to enjoy on your new – or existing – PlayStation console.

Important note #1: The list of deals is very extensive this year, and the list below only represents a few of the highlights. Make sure you check PlayStation Store for a full list of all the offers (and regional pricing).

Important note #2: We’ll also be adding new deals to the sale on 7th January, so check back here then for all the additions.

PS4

Terraria
Was €14.99, now €4.49

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
Was €39.99, now €19.99

267 Comments
15 Author replies

Here’s to hoping part 2 of the sale has some psp titles on sale, those games need love too :)

Mario__4__Life 31 December, 2014 @ 12:45
1.1

How about some Dino games for those still living in the stone age? ;)

Hopefully Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for psp gets discounted since it’s been £15.99 forever. A must have for any Vita owner.

Nice!

So many games for me!
Will start with Dragon age, is much cheaper than I can get in physical form where I live and maybe peggle, just because i liked the first one and 5e for it is a nice price. Also too many games for Vita, not sure which to buy :)

Btw Jawad are we going to see a return of monthly sales ? It’s so much better for us if we know which games are on sale each month. At least I am going to buy more, since I always think that next week may have better sales, but with monthly, I don’t see a good reason to wait.

Also I wish you all happy holidays and a happy new year guys, keep gaming!

Can’t BF4 premium be on sale as well as the full BF4 premium game? I already have the game but would buy the dlc if it was on sale.

I know it was on sale earlier in the year but I missed that sale and it would make more sense to have premium on sale seperately as well.

4.1

it mite be on sale aswell, they did say only a small selection of games are listed due to being short staffed

4.2

I’ve checked the store again and only the premium editions are discounted. I’ll keep an eye on it if it changes but I’m not holding my breath.

I agree I would have bought the premium element of it as I already have the game

Show more replies

Much better deals now. The WALKING DEAD S1/S2 very tempting.

Jesus Christ! All the money saved during those disappointing deals of christmas are now gone in a hartbeat! Finally some cool deals :)

why theres prices in euro only?

7.1

Hi there folks. A quick note to apologise that this post doesn’t list the deals in their entireity and doesn’t list £ or AU$ prices as we normally would. I won’t make excuses, other than the realities of putting together a massive sale post 2 days before Christmas when the team is not at full strength. We’ll be back to normal service for the January 7th sale update.

As above, for regional pricing, please check your PlayStation Store. And do take a look on there for the full list of savings. In addition to the titles listed above, there’s loads more discounts: Lords of the Fallen, Dead Space 1/2/3, Sniper Elite 3, NHL15, Saints Row IV, Dont Starve, The Wolf Among Us, etc.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any specific questions about the above discounts and I’ll do my best to answer. Oh, and happy Christmas ;)

@Fred Is the team EVER at full strength?

7.3

Yes, usually immediately after morning coffee and toast.

Show more replies
European_Gamer 24 December, 2014 @ 09:30

Vita owners should get Murasaki Baby at that price.

Would be nice if you could post deals comin on 7th, hopin for diablo 3 or shadow of mordor.

Much better than 12 deals!

10.1

Agreed. Some really good offers in here :)

well damn, I wish I hadn’t have gone to game yesterday and spent all my money now, luckily nothing I bought there has crept up in this sale though

oohhhh, might have to get Geometry Wars, Wolf Among Us.

Driveclub & Nidhogg in the next sale please!

12.1

Seen Driveclub for £25 in Game, new, am sure used one would cost £20 or below, plus no massive download, just transfer of data from disc, lastly IF you grow bored there’ll most likely be some trade back on it..know it’s six days late but just in case you/others are browsing the thread.

watch dogs season pass you have 2 prices, which is right?

13.1

€9.99 for the season pass

13.2

i see 7,99 actually :)

Being in England I use the £ but you seem to have neglected that price

Well, this is the EU blog. So using the most widely used currency is to be expected. The whole thing is very lazy, but to get an idea of prices multiply the Euro price by 0.79. It won’t be exact, but close enough I’d wager. So €14.99 would be around £11.99 at a guess…

14.2

My apologies – see my note above. Normal service will resume on the next sale post.

14.3

Not quite correct on the conversions or Dragon Age would be £39 not £44.99.

UK stealth tax

Show more replies

Good deals! Merry Christmas to Playstation Nation!

HeikeStagBeetle 24 December, 2014 @ 10:30
15.1

same here – merry christmas to all! (And much suffering to my wallet.)

nice! I’ve already bought three games and I’ve got another three I’m tempted by!

CookieMonsterES 24 December, 2014 @ 09:37

Just wanted to wish a Merry Christmas to Chris, Fred, Jawad and everyone who post in the blog too. All the best for the coming year and I hope you all get a lot of platinums too! ;P

17.1

Happy Christmas to you too :)

Yes Dragon Age Inquisition!!!! *Buying atm* hehe

Btw is BF4 premimum edition the full game?

Full Game plus all the dlc from the premium season pass I believe

Thank you mate ! Merry Christmas to everyone ! and Thank you SCEE for this great sale !

I’ll get Murdered, can’t go wrong at that price.

crimsonidol-de 24 December, 2014 @ 09:44

To be honest:
At first look I dislike the fact that rather many of the games were also offered as one of the christmas deals, but as you also added Hyperdimension Rebirth, I’m quite satisfied! Thank you very much!

And a merry christmas to the blog posters! :)

Please do us the courtesy of listing £s.

Second that, prices in £’s would be nice !

AlphaSpookster 24 December, 2014 @ 11:09
22.1

Or you could just click on the link and it will show you the correct price in £s

Not exactly that hard to do guys

Please splinter cell blacklist

Hitman at 5 €. I will probably buy it again just to have the digital edition
And buy AC black flag and watvh dogs
Really nice deals!

So many nice deals, thanks… But why Dragon Age Inquisition Standard and Deluxe edition price is the same – £39.99? (PS3 version) Shouldn’t be Standard cheaper?

Bless you.

Steve_Of_The_O 24 December, 2014 @ 09:56

If sometimes could answer a quick question is be most appreciative.

If I buy the Metro Redux bundle, can I install them as separate games or is it just one install for both?

Steve_Of_The_O 24 December, 2014 @ 10:00
27.1

If *someone could answer a quick question *I’d be most appreciative. (Predictive tablet keyboard)

27.2

I believe it’s a bundle – so three separate titles – but i’ll do my best to double check for you.

Steve_Of_The_O 24 December, 2014 @ 10:44
27.3

Just noticed that priced individually they work out cheaper so I’ve bought that way. Thanks anyway Fred. Merry Chrimbo to you lot and all the best for 2015

With £ not being listed I can’t be sure, but that looks like 75% of on valiant hearts just a few weeks after a 50% deal, there are probably a few January deals where this will be the case. Better planning needed.

I took advantage of some of the excellent black Friday and Christmas deals, here hoping you don’t device to beat those so soon.

Got Neptunia and Monpiece. I wanted to try Monpiece but €30 for a censored version and not so good of a game overall were no go.
Now hope for Disgaea 3 (got 4 on a previous sale) FF x/x2 HD for vita , Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (don’t now if it’s worth it , it will have to be a good sale to beat retail rices) and of course (though improbable)
Tales of hearts R

29.1

Retail *prices . Not rices…. and I didn’t even want to make a pan

Got Valiant Hearts, thank you!

30.1

Great little game and a steal at that price! :)

Silver-Seraphim 24 December, 2014 @ 10:10

hey Fred will there be any sales on ps+ subscriptions? Or should I just resub now as mines about to expire

31.1

Alas, no plans for that in the immediate future.

Silver-Seraphim 24 December, 2014 @ 10:22
31.2

Thanks for the reply Fred and Merry Christmas to you and the team

31.3

Well, at least we finally know. Thanks for that at least.

But Fred, why haven’t we seen those kind of sales in 2 years? I know it’s mandatory now to play online on PS4 but that should not be a reason to punish those that have been loyal subscribers for the past years. i barely play online and have PS+ for the IGC so that does not add any value for me.

Mine expired earlier this month and I have been hopefully awaiting the announcement of a PS+ deal.

Frozen Synapse Prime is an instabuy for me — I loved the original on PC, and it ought to be excellent commute fare.

I’ll cross my fingers for Don’t Starve on Vita.

Oh — and if y’all want to put Project Diva F back on sale for Vita that’d be mighty nice. I’m kicking myself for missing it in the 12 deals. :)

isn’t on sale in the PS4 section (crossbuy). bought it this morning and works fine. merry xmas ;)

it’s on sale in the PS4 section (crossbuy). bought it this morning and it works fine. merry xmas ;)

Show more replies

I think that putting again on sale the games of the 12 deals of Christmas wouldn’t be too difficult and at the same time it would allow people who missed them to celebrate properly! Oh, and merry Christmas to all of you who work even today to let us celebrate in a great way! :D

33.1

Do check the Store – many of them are on sale again (Alien Isolation, PES, FIFA, Lords of the Fallen, Dark Souls 2, COD, BF4, etc.)

33.2

I saw, but I was hoping for Destiny!

33.3

but why is Alien Isolation more expensive than it was during the previous sale?

Please fix Dragon Age Inquisition PS3 version pricing.

alice_push_lara2 24 December, 2014 @ 10:17

was hoping for Transistor to be on sale but no luck
does that mean i may expect it to be on IGC :)

35.1

There’s still a part 2 to come. So if you could patiently wait for the 7th January, it could be made available then. Otherwise, wait for IGC. :D

I can’t be bothered converting to GBP, the reductions look pretty lame considering the age of most of the content (something PROPER retailers actually consider, which is why digital is always a last resort), so I’ll check again in the new year. Except to nip to Los Santos to check out the snow I doubt I’ll bother using my PS4 much in the next month, way too much fun to be had on other platforms.

36.1

Why not load the store via your PS (or webstore)? They will default to GBP, and lots of extra deals too that aren’t detailed above.

Nice deals! Even though there isn’t anything for me particularly (here’s to hoping Tales of Hearts R gets discounted later on ;), I have to admit there is something here for everyone! Merry Christmas to everyone at SCEE, and best wishes to you all!

Trials Fusion + Season Pass: 12.99
Season Pass solo: 15.99

Nice to see the season pass get a ‘discount’ but is there no chance of it going solos anytime soon? I’m against paying the money for a second copy of “Trials” when I’ve already paid 15.99 for it by itself.

38.1

I would also like to see a discount for just the season pass without the game (which I previously purchased).

Looks like a good sale. Any chance of January Plus titles being announced today or soon? Thanks

39.1

We’ll be announcing those mid next week. PS4 games have already been announced as inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper.

Hello Fred,

Can i expect Infamous First Light to be on sale on January 7th?

40.1

It’s already confirmed to be on Plus for Jan isn’t it?

40.2

I see you have PS Plus, so it will be free on January 7th!

you mean to be available to download?, as it is januarys ps4 plus game, or didn’t you know and was waiting to buy?, lucky it wasn’t in sale if so..

41.1

This blog is terrible, for one every time i post i see nothing, as though my comment just vanished, need to go to main page then back into thread to check if it is either there, modded or gone into space… and above post was defo a reply re Infamous First Light, yet it isn’t in reply part, but main reason i’m posting is i can’t help but notice how nice the vita deals seem to be, and on titles that ‘seem’? to have been requested, you’s aren’t bieng intimidated by those handheld owners by chance are you, as they are very ‘demanding’ in thier posts.. own all three platforms but mostly just use ps4, would hate to think you ‘catered’ for a minority customer base just because they are nasty in blog, i mean if thats what it takes?, well nasty in a educated way i guess, which makes it worse if so. a threat is bad enough, a clever one is much worse, never negotiate etc?.

Some awesome deals here!
I got me
Dragon Age (finally on sale)
Tomb Raider (even if i have the disc i want the digital version for less hassle)
Sleeping Dogs
The Wolf Among us

Damn i’m getting broke with all these deals :) already got me Rayman, Destiny, Spiderman, shadow of mordor and second son and killzone (huh thats allot of games but the price for these were really fair unlike the regular price so it was worth it).

My only wish is a new game controller that has better battery other then that i love everything about my PS4 and game library, damn i feel i have enough games to last me for years to come already.

42.1

why didn’t you bought DRAGON AGE in THEGAMECOLLECTION for 39,95 quid?

There are some quite nice deals on PS4 indies and some older AAA PS3 tiles, but CoD is $90 which is $10 higher than retail without the Boxing Day sales (or $16 higher if you go for the PS3 – PS4 upgrade route). The shop that is listed at (JBHifi) is having a further 20% with the Boxing Day sale across all games if I understand their advertising correctly.

43.1

Hit Add Reply a bit early, I was also going to add that even though you guys are probably sick of hearing it and are probably fed similar lines about regional price as we are, it’s currently a bit broken and needs looking at if digital purchases are to be realistic.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and all that, good to see a sale with a bit of choice in there and some nice drops.

Much more choice Thanks I like this sale :)

Nice, a lot of good deals this time.
Grabbed Neptunia Re:Birth, which is pretty good I guess, but still a little bit dissapointed by the lack of discounts on the Atelier Plus games. Maybe on the 7th? Oh well, it’s not like I’m in a rush or something..

The Atelier games have been on sale several times recently between £10-£15 each. I picked up all 3 at the time.

45.2

I know, already own Totori in fact. It’s just that until last week Meruru wasn’t available here in Russia, so I sort of missed these other sales.
However, now that the game is present in the store, I’m willing to buy both Meruru and Rorona when they get a discount, so yeah.

Sweet deals! I’m getting myself Need For Speed Complete Edition.

What happened to mgs HD PS discount for the vita ? I wanted to grab it with the freedomwars and now I can’t :/

I wanted to say psplus discount

I’ll def be getting Valiant Hearts and Murasaki Baby (totally forgot about that game!) Maybe a few more provided UK pricing is fair. Merry Christmas PLAYERS

Hey Fred, any reason why the BF4 season pass on its own isn’t on sale. Quite a lot of people already own the base game, and at £40 its cheaper to buy the premium edition (don’t want to as too big to dl)

49.1

I believe it is actually. There’s a Battlefield DLC sale kicking off today too and it’s down to have a 50% discount. If it hasn’t update yet on the Store, give it a couple of hours – it’s still a bit early for the full roll-out.

49.2

It’s up and equates to a whole $10 cheaper than buying the game outright again, I would assume (going by PSN conversion rates) that would be roughly 3 pounds.

Well, the ps3 version of BF4 premium (add-on) is 25€, while BF4 premium edition (game + add-on) is 22.50€ for plus members. Ps4 version isn’t very different.

Wanted to buy BF4 premium for ps4.. But not like this :)

Sorry for 2x post! Didn’t appear after refresh!

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.