Posted

PlayStation Network update

More information on the service interuptions

UPDATE: PlayStation Network is back online. As you probably know, PlayStation Network and some other gaming services were attacked over the holidays with artificially high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. This may have prevented your access to the network and its services over the last few days.

Thanks again for your support and patience. We’ll provide any further updates here.

ORIGINAL POST FROM SCEA: The video game industry has been experiencing high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. Multiple networks, including PSN, have been affected over the last 48 hours. PSN engineers are working hard to restore full network access and online gameplay as quickly as possible.

From time to time there may be disruptions in service due to surges in traffic, but our engineers will be working to restore service as quickly as possible.

If you received a PlayStation console over the holidays and have been unable to log onto the network, know that this problem is temporary and is not caused by your game console. We’ll continue to keep you posted on Twitter at @AskPlayStation and we’ll update this post once the problems subside.

Thanks again for your patience.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

766 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

JordanBlack68 28 December, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   1

Very misleading, it’s only up for some people, some of us have to change the MTU to 1472/1473 to sign in.

Shocking service

PSN offline, PS+ IGC going downhill (with a few exceptions), lame christmas deals but the worst part is the awful communication from Sony. Patience is wearing very very thin.

hughesy_25 28 December, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

Jordan how do you change the mtu?

Janolix99 28 December, 2014 @ 7:30 pm

How do i change the mtu?

Waikato_Pete 28 December, 2014 @ 7:33 pm

Exactly as predicted.
    By the time you FINALLY decided to issue a statement it’s IRRELEVANT!
    Instead of offering this during the incident you give us your usual “there was a problem so we hid until it went away…”. We pay to play online now, you realise that, right?!
    It’s pathetic that we have to turn to other information sources when you are paid to provide said information.

Waikato_Pete 28 December, 2014 @ 7:35 pm

My above is aimed at the Blog team, not you OP.
    Sorry for the hijack, figured they only bother reading a few posts down before they get bored of hearing how bad things are and move on.

NZSephiroth 28 December, 2014 @ 7:41 pm

You will have to set up internet connection manually. Change MTU to 1472, most people seem to have sucess with this. You may get an error saying to go and sign in to PSN. Just got to the PSN settings and sign in.

years4593 28 December, 2014 @ 8:35 pm

Do do you change the mtu?

did that and still nothing! tried all the troubleshooting and nothing 4 days and I’m going into the 5th day with still nothing.

Hey cheers dude just seen this after days of messing worked straight off they should tell people how to do things like that u da man

If you are having troubles, change your mtu in your internet connection settings. I was getting severely [deleted] until I read this and it worked. Thanks Jordan

TheOneRoberto 29 December, 2014 @ 4:48 am

Been struggling for days. Changed MTU and voila! Thanks mate!! 😀

Firewalker28 29 December, 2014 @ 7:45 am

And this is actually their better side. They refused to comment on DriveClub for a month! And that was a broken game.

PSN was never stable. It’s a system that feels like patched together by insane amount of ducktape and even Sony doesn’t know how it’s working anymore. Basic features are missing, like a working messaging system or changing your ID. And yes, it goes down almost every month.

Still, Sony refuse to accept that is complete arse and cannot compete with XBL at its current state, thus does nothing to make it better.

They became the leading platform, and as it seems, arrogant Sony came back too.

motorlublin81 29 December, 2014 @ 7:52 am

MTU what is this?

quantum_buster 29 December, 2014 @ 10:27 am

We have had no PSN connection for nearly 2 weeks, all over holidays and we still have no access. How can Sony say it lasted 48 hours and now it’s fine, stop feeding us lies and let us know what is going on. Of course I will be demanding a full refund for all the days I have paid for but not received the service!

I have to agree with you Jordan,

I had to use the manual change of MTU as well, I find it very strange that this has not been listed as an official solution. If it wasn’t for the community I would still be sat in the dark with no access.

Aaron97McEwan 29 December, 2014 @ 10:50 am

You’ve saved me and a lot of others a lot of stress with this

AFROMAN2400 29 December, 2014 @ 1:58 pm

THIS IS CRAP 4 DAYS AND THEN YOU HAVE THE BACK BONE TO LIE ON TV AND SAY IT BACK UP AND RUNNING BULL CRAP STOP JUST PLZ STOP WITH THE LIES IF NOT FOR YOUR OWN SELF RESPECT FOR US THE PAYING CUSTOMERS TELL THE TRUE STORY ITS STILL DOWN AND YOU HAVE DONE NUFFING TO SORT IT OUT SAD SO SAD JUST SORT THIS CRAP OUT OOH AND THANKS FOR THE LIES LIES AND MORE LIES THANKS FOR A CRAPY GAMEING CRIMBO OH OH OH

dungeonhunter03 29 December, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Good stuff jordblack68 couldnt sign in for 5 days and changed the mtu manually and booom singed in lol good man urself 🙂 if anyone else is doing this dont forget after changing mtu go back to settings and sign into psn hope everyone gets sorted

jdabreo2000 29 December, 2014 @ 3:49 pm

I changed mt mtu and it works thanks jordanblack68

JordanBlack68 29 December, 2014 @ 9:47 pm

No problems guys!

Dangeruss666 28 December, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   2

I still cant sign in on ps4 what u on about?

Waikato_Pete 28 December, 2014 @ 7:39 pm

Exactly as predicted.
    By the time the blog team FINALLY decided to issue a statement it’s IRRELEVANT!

philcnffc 28 December, 2014 @ 9:17 pm

Same stillcarnt sign in,getting annoyed now

The_Law_CO 29 December, 2014 @ 4:38 am

Follow the steps in this video and all will be well !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27RVr5_K6k&feature=youtu.be

X_Blood_Curse_X 28 December, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   3

It took far too long for you to acknowledge this, it’s not on, we’re paying for this service now

I also don’t know for what I’m paying for PS+ on PS4 for now. where is my multiplayer? it is the main function.
    offline since night from 24 to 25 of December until now. nothing changed. 4-5 days, not 48 hours. Sony, you are liars!

European_Gamer 29 December, 2014 @ 11:52 pm

Here is a useful tip for players who can’t play offline games when the network is down. Some games keep searching for an Internet connection and can’t be started this can easily be solved if you disable the Internet from settings.

How is it back up and running?, the connection is still getting terminated on my PS4

So I’m guessing this will become a periodically thing?

Not online in Greece (PS4)…

Still can’t sign in so….

youssefdibo1 28 December, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   8

i just want to play online with my friends before the christmas Eve ends, so please try to make it faster because most of the users still don’t have access into PSN. and thank you

Hire someone from microsoft to fix the network

Vita and ps3 work, still cant sign in on ps4

In UK, not been able to sign in for 3 days

Now ultra [MODERATED] off, cant use any games on ps4 as they all need ´network services´

Thats right i cant play an indie game either

Is your console set to Primary? You can also go to settings and disable the requirement for games to connect to the internet, that should let you play them.

I never knew about that work around, Tee – if it even works ? – so I, like MANY others have been resigned to no PS4 gaming over the holidays.

I mean it’s not the end of the world, but when you LIKE to game in your time off… It’s a bit of a nause.

COD-OPS_2010 28 December, 2014 @ 8:00 pm

yea same here my glacier white ps4 is sayin the connection to the server has been terminated
    (NW-31194-8) haven’t been able to play online since i got it i have drive club watch dogs and farcry 4 and shadow of mordor and i can’t play online or access online features i can’t even log into my psn account >:|
    not too happy my ps3 is working fine. annoyed at the situation glad it’s step by step getting there should be up either tuesday or tomorrow hopefully im from the east coast of ireland

now the start of day 4, still can’t log in, tried the quick fix. Didn’t work for me

So I call Sony playstation support— the phones are dead! Cut off as u call in

So now what do I do? I get either a we-33992-3. Or a nw-31194-8. Code

Thanks again sony

much longer than that, and same here, can only sign in to my vita and ps3.

Costinito1111 28 December, 2014 @ 4:12 pm   11

Still ain’t working

I can’t sign in either 🙁 when will this be properly fixed?

ninjaaabenjaaa 28 December, 2014 @ 4:13 pm   13

cant’s sign in on ps4, been out for 3 days now in Finland.

Ps4 isn’t. Terrible. Upgrade your security

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 4:17 pm

It’s not easy to defend against this type of attack. Here is part of an interview with the lizards.
    “When asked which company was easier to bring down, Microsoft was the immediate response. They commented that Sony had recently upgraded their security, via a new system we will not mention here, which took a bit of time to work around, but that Microsoft simply had the poorest security – “almost nothing”. When asked how each company was fighting back – the group alluded to the idea that they were easily keeping the networks down.”

Brad_young16 28 December, 2014 @ 4:14 pm   15

Cant get on my ps4 in england

Since Christmas day i have not had psn it is now Sunday 28th December I make that over 60 hours.

Before when the service was free was understable. Now is inconceivable my ps4 was completely useless bug fail sony. Lucky i didn’t get ride of my ps3

Changing the MTU to 1475 in the manual network settings fixed my problems. I was unable to sign in on the default 1500. Try this if you can’t get online.

sorry but this isnt acceptable you guys had prior notice this wanna gonna happen you lied more than once about it being fixed when i assure you its not you got saquare enix posting it was fixed yesterdays when it wasnt keep the bullcrap to yourself i expect next update after its fix is to remove psn as requirement for online play i pay for the games so get it done

I experienced the same problem last Saturday.Instead,I waited for the following day.Finally,I’ve got my PS4 up & running.

Anonymus-Bandha 28 December, 2014 @ 10:13 pm

If it works in certain countries, then I expect PSN to be working soon in other countries

I van access the store and my trophy list but I can’t upload my images to twitter when I last tried an hour ago.

whitespark98 28 December, 2014 @ 4:21 pm   22

This is rediculous still Can not sign in

Sony should hire IT experts from Apple!This is what happens with Android/Windows OS.Unlike Apple,more secured.

dimikiller 29 December, 2014 @ 7:57 am

orbis OS is unix based, besides, the hack wasn’t OS based at all it was a ddos. sony has plenty of shortcomings, but thats defenately not one of them…

phil_wba_95 28 December, 2014 @ 4:23 pm   24

When is psn going to be back online you haven’t told anyone anything terrible customer service

Solstermorry 28 December, 2014 @ 4:24 pm   25

We’ve been waiting since Christmas Day, saved for months so my son can have his first console and now three days later still no console. The most expensive paperweight I have ever bought. Seriously considering taking it back and buying an xbox.

ConorHYxD 28 December, 2014 @ 4:26 pm   26

Still doesn’t work here fo me in glasgow! Sitting for days with nothing, and it is not back up for EVERYONE, disgraceful, xbox is back up and running before us.

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 4:27 pm   27

Fred I think most people can understand that you have the right to spend your holiday with your family. But why did all communication go through the @AskPlayStation twitter account and not through @PlayStationEU or from the blog some you (or an American) should be able to get access to the blog or PlayStationEU and spend 10 minutes on writing an update.

I still can’t sign in, paying for [MODERATED] all

Ive been a psn user for years and icant even get online still , not happy

ceetn_123 28 December, 2014 @ 4:30 pm   30

still offline in belguim

dimikiller 29 December, 2014 @ 8:00 am

at least try and read the endless amount of posts on fixing it. it works fine again if people would just change their MTU settings

Witcher70 28 December, 2014 @ 4:31 pm   31

I changed MTU settings to 1473 and it worked, without that i can’t sign in, but i am getting verify my email messages. please fix !

Also your communication skills leave a lot to be desired, 1 update in 4 days is a joke give us hourly updates like microsoft did.

Just got on by changing MTU settings to 1472

zalwelgoedgaan 28 December, 2014 @ 4:32 pm   33

Sony should redeem themselves. Give everyone a free copy of Knack, Super Rub-a-Dub and Little Deviants.

I still can’t log on neither connection terminated all the time getting very annoyed now as I got a £15 card to redeem and use thanks Sony for nothing

cave_man_lee 28 December, 2014 @ 4:33 pm   35

No ps4 for 4 days it’s a joke ps3 only down for 2 days you don’t have to pay for that sort it out please

crouchy6934 28 December, 2014 @ 4:33 pm   36

Why is it I can log into my ps3 no problems yet my ps4 is having none of it telling me my recommended suggestions is to mess about with my router just can’t get my head around how shocking the communication is just get my playstation working sharpish

orionthehunters 28 December, 2014 @ 4:34 pm   37

What I would like to know and I assume most of the PlayStation users is what are you going to do to protect the services against future attacks and when will this current farce be sorted out (FOR ALL USERS) t? It’s not too much to ask for paying customers who have experienced problems with PSN more than they should of (Yes it’s an attack but honestly all the money you receive you should be better prepared and not ill equipped).

This is for PSN not Fred…..

Fred, you lie like a cheap watch, not a £300 Ps4. PSN is not up or working for PS4 users. Whilst we have been very patient, please don’t tell porkies! Please advise when PSN will be available for All users.

legspeng23 28 December, 2014 @ 4:36 pm   39

My mates who live about 10 15 mints a way can get on n i cent go to where thay live to try my n it works go back home n it still not work here it a joke nothappy

tattooedchar666 28 December, 2014 @ 4:37 pm   40

It’s ridiculous waiting for the pan net

towerofpower82 28 December, 2014 @ 4:37 pm   41

I can get signed in but it won’t search for friends for some reason?

Nakatsu_Hime 28 December, 2014 @ 4:37 pm   42

Logging into, and navigating the EU forums in a hit and miss affair still (mostly miss). I cannot access the US forums at all.
PSN is surely NOT up and running as yet, forum-wise.

Reading comments here and in other places, most of Sony’s issues post-DDoS seem to stem from its typical p*ss-poor communication. Sony have always been one to clam up and stonewall during any issues, but this approach need to change if it wants to win back the hearts of many users.

Had no psn since Xmas eve then they take fee for Playstation plus out of acc yesterday then add insult to injury by sending emails asking if I’ve kept up to date with games that we can’t even access . What a joke

Are they going to give something to us for free for all the lies saying its working when it’s not, free membership for a year on PlayStation plus would be good I say or free psn store vouchers to spend

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 4:37 pm   45

The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that a load of the PSN network engineers will have been pulled away from their families at Christmas to try and fix the issues we are having.
Before you rage at Sony/Playstation for not being able to defend against the type of “attack” that is very hard to combat, no matter how much money you throw at it, try saying thanks to the guys that gave up their Christmas (for not an insane amount of money, believe me) to try and get thing back for us.

Thanks guys.
I’ve been in your position, I know it ain’t easy. Cheers for the hard work.

they get paid for it so no sympathy from me unless they give me my game time and psn time i paid for back and everyone elses then they might get a pat on the back. i’m paying for em to fix it so are others we don’t care if they have to leave their families its their job just as we would have to if we done the job only problem is they aren’t doing the job its still not working is it. i wouldn’t sit there and say thanks for taking 4 hours to a plumber that cost me 200 quid to fix my leaking sink no not when it didn’t need to take that long i fully expect psn as requirement to play online games to be remove and i will use it as optional its flawed and this xmas is proof

So they should give up their Christmas to get the network back up its because of us they have jobs in the first place buying the consoles and watching films made by sony

bsmit1984 28 December, 2014 @ 5:16 pm

You have a very solid point here.
    @psn engineers, Thanks guys!!!

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 5:16 pm

actually, no.
    They don’t get paid for it. They, like everyone else, is on holiday for Christmas.
    The guys will have been called away from home to fix a problem they didn’t cause to try and get you your network to play your games at Christmas.
    With a little understanding, you’ll realise that this isn’t a problem thats easily fixed and as long as the flood of data continues the work is hard to do.

No, you wouldn’t thank your plumber, but if he was trying to fix the issue for the whole street and he didn’t know where it was coming from,mother least you could do is cut him a break.

The entitled attitude of the people on this blog disgusts me.
    Yeah, he network is down,miss inconvenient and it’s causing issues for you, but it’s not the end of the bloody world is it?

All you imbeciles with your “I want a year’s free plus as compensation” need to remove your heads from your backsides and realise that sometimes, **** happens.

sorry m8 when money i earn is payed i am entitled no matter what you say you my friend are wrong

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 5:32 pm

And I agree with you, until I realise that currently I’m losing 11p a day while the PSN is down.
    Does it suck? Sure.
    But is there anything I can do about it? No.

I’ll leave the experts to work and hope it’s back before I run out of single player stuff to do.
    And hey, I hope you never have to get dragged away from whatever you love doing on your holiday to fix something out of your control because someone believe their free time is more precious than yours.
    Because I have, and it ain’t fun to have someone tell me that Theyre the reason I have a job and I should be at the beck and call of those that think they’re above me.
    Thanks again, to the guys stuck in those DC’s trying to keep things running.

CHOPPER_since84 28 December, 2014 @ 5:34 pm

You really talk some crap trouble maker! These guys running this network get paid a fortune, whether they get paid for this call out or not it is their job and should expect it! Yes it is not their fault but they are charging for a service that they cannot provide so people asking for compensation is surely expected!

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 5:47 pm

Unfortunately, the guys “running” the network, aren’t the guys that will be fixing the problems.
    Mid-level SA’s will be the guys that got called in to do the job, not the guy that gets paid the big bucks to run it. (In my experience, the guy running the thing will have little or no knowledge of its actual infrastructure)

And everyone seems to be missing the point.
    Yes, we pay for a service. That service has gone down. But the nature of the outage means there is A) nothing that could be done to stop it if they really wanted to do it, as was proved. And B) that the guy doing the nuts and bolts work to get it back isn’t the guy that could have done anything about it if he wanted to.

The point of my post wasn’t to forgive the outage, it was to say thanks to he bottom rung guy that has had his Christmas ruined (paid for or not) to try and fix an issue caused by a group who’s only intention is to be malicious and ruin Christmas for people.

CHOPPER_since84 28 December, 2014 @ 5:48 pm

Once again trouble maker it is their job, I’m on 24 hour call out every other Xmas which is out of my control and is not nice but it is my job and I get paid for it and if you get called out it is usually because someone has done something stupid just like this!
    Wether it is 11p a day or £11 per day it is the principle and we are paying for a service that we are not getting!!
    We should not be paying for a service that can be brought down and taken away as easily as this!

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 5:52 pm

You’re clearly missing my point. im not explaining it again.

Troublemaker411 is only saying all of this as he doesn’t have a console so he doesn’t know how frustrating it is cuz his mummy couldn’t afford one for him

Troublemaker I have been called out to do something for work out of my own time and I done it without complaining because it was my job, you do what you have to to get the job done whether you like it or not

Calderskid 28 December, 2014 @ 6:23 pm

Hog wash ._.Its what they get paid for. We pay alot of money for a service that is clearly not fit for the job .Fix it immediately like other countries

jonthegoon 28 December, 2014 @ 6:36 pm

It’s the repeated lack of communication from Sony’s end that frustrates people. No official word in three days, bar a few copy and paste tweets, is no way to treat paying customers.

jonthegoon 28 December, 2014 @ 6:46 pm

Eh? I don’t think people lack sympathy for Sony employees. Its the lack of communication throughout the Christmas period that has been the biggest annoyance for most; 3 days with no official word, bar a few words on twitter, is no way to provide a service to paying customers. This is not the first time Sony have responded in this fashion.

TrueMurton 28 December, 2014 @ 7:31 pm

It’s a good point, these people were pulled away from their families at Christmas to try and fix something that isn’t broken. The only way the network was coming back was if either the entire PSN was moved to a different network address, or the attack stopped. These guys list w their Christmas while Fred and his team and every single twitter monkey hid and ate their leftover turkey.

Everyone at Sony who is tasked with communication should be ashamed of themselves and donate 4 days of their salary to St Ormunds or some other children’s charity. The fact that not one of them took it upon themselves to login and post an update is shameful. Just fine minutes away from your plans would have made all the difference, much more dozens, possibly hundreds of man hours wasted by engineers working on a problem with no solution.

tattooedchar666 28 December, 2014 @ 4:39 pm   46

It’s ridiculous that your Company has been hacked into and have ppl credit card details

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 4:43 pm

It’s not a hack it’s DDoS, no one stole anything.

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

Nothing was hacked.
    The servers were brought down because they were purposely flooded with information to prevent logins.
    Your CC details are safe.

LEGO_Nabii 28 December, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

TroubleMaker411 – it’s nice you keep defending this multi-billion dollar company that can’t get it’s act together, but it is being widely reported that 13,000 account details including credit-card details have been released during the outage.

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 7:22 pm

If you take a butchers at the pastebin that’s being reported on, and I have to make sure my details weren’t on it, you would know that it isn’t from anything that happened in the last few days. The document is at least 18 months old.
    And they were virtual credit card details, not from PSN.

LEGO_Nabii 28 December, 2014 @ 7:33 pm

Fair enough, I guess they’ve had security issues for at least 18 months then. That leak isn’t going to affect me as I went with Microsoft on the last generation of consoles and only got this one six weeks ago.

My TV, Headphones, DVD, my old video player etc. are all Sony so I thought I’d give it a try, but it looks like I made a mistake deciding to return to Sony for this generation, maybe it’s not too late to return my PS4 to the shop!

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 7:38 pm

There were a bunch of gamertag logins too.
    Sorry buddy, xbox is just as vulnerable.

D-CONSTANTINE 28 December, 2014 @ 4:39 pm   47

well mines still not working like alot off people said we paying for online service now and it seem like no ones doing any think about it well i must say someone didnt get the present they wanted at christmas so he or she had to mess it up for every1 cheers NOOB

AFROMAN2400 29 December, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

yes bro me and you both same place and both still not online sony so bad not happy wot so every and the kids come on sort it out for the kids you nooobs

AFROMAN2400 29 December, 2014 @ 1:49 pm

sony plz just plz stop with the bull ? psn is not working and its not back up and running cos if it was I wouldent be ear riteing this crap sorry for the bad words but im rageing rite now sorry but this needs to be said STOP TELLING LIES AND JUST SORT THE PROBLUM

dungeonhunter03 29 December, 2014 @ 2:32 pm

Change mtu manually to 1472 or 1473 save (itl prob do a connection test & error come up) go back out of it go to settings and sign into pns I just done it 20min ago after not been able to sign in for 5 days on new ps4, hope u get sorted

dungeonhunter03 29 December, 2014 @ 2:38 pm

I just changed the mtu manually to 1473 in network settings as jordanblack68 said and it works, but u have to remember to come back out of network settings after saving it, go to settings and psn sign in…

Not been able to sign in on my PS4 since December 25th in UK. It’s kinda online in terms that some people can get on and others can’t. It’s a joke! I get very little time as it is with work etc to game so when I get time off I expect to be able to play on my very expensive console! rather than update us when in bits. Just come back to us when your confident that it is completely fixed and we can all get back to gaming!

vashuclash1228 28 December, 2014 @ 4:40 pm   49

Not working UK 4:40 PM

Very disappointed with Sony over handling of incident.

DarkArchoNx66 28 December, 2014 @ 4:40 pm   50

No worries, %$£# happens especially these days. Personally it didn’t affect at all. Not in the mood for playing any games lately for some reason (after 20 years I don’t enjoy it as much), don’t own a Ps4 anyways and I don’t feel like buying anything. Don’t get me wrong, there are some good offers at the store and I was gonna but AC IV but the total cost comes at more than 40 euros. A bit pricey for my taste and I am not even sure I’d get all the content.

I have quite a big backlog of games to play anyway and I’m trying to force myself to currently. Cause I’ve read somewhere that whatever games you have acquired/purchased through plus are not longer available if your sub runs out and re-subscribe later on.. I’d appreciate if someone could confirm that or deny for that matters to put my mind at ease.

Nightmareofkaito 28 December, 2014 @ 6:26 pm

In the tos it does say you can only access any plus games if your subbed and only if your subbed. if your term is up you won’t have access to your games. Once you renew you’ll still have access to your igc games you’ve already got as part of the igc, I went without plus for a month or 2 and I still had all my igc games when I resubed. If your still unsure and don’t want to chance losing them e-mail Sony support or call them and ask for an updated version of the plus terms of service agreement to be sent to your e-mail address.

RedMustang72 28 December, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

I’m an old school gamer myself Dark and I tend to agree, I’m getting a bit disillusioned with gaming of late too. The next gen ‘premium’ on games isn’t worth it, and save maybe a handful of good AAA titles the rest have released as broken, unfinished, over hyped, and/or just generally poor quality products. The indies have been decent but even some of those are way over priced…just because they’re on the PS4.

Many other issues too, with the PS4, devs/publisher lies etc…I’ve found it to be a tough year for gaming.

Regarding Plus, any games downloaded from the IGC will become unavailable when your sub runs out, however any purchases made through the store are yours to keep, even with Plus discounts, and will remain available. If you let Plus run out and then re-sub ALL titles you downloaded from the IGC previously will become available again, the only games you would miss are those that you didn’t have access to and were unable to download whilst you weren’t subbed. Hope that’s clear! 🙂

DarkArchoNx66 28 December, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the answers. The last time around when my sub expired and re-subbed a few days later I had no problem at all. But I’ve read more than once recently that they changed quietly the terms. It’s not a big deal but I’d still like to have the option to try out some of the Ps4 games I got through the service for a year now for when I make the jump, which is only a matter of time and haven’t done already because I don’t think it’s worth it, plus bad experience with the Ps3 I got very early last gen.

I think I may end up renewing even though I am quite dissatisfied with how the service has become. But at the end of the day we’re still getting our money worths despite the fact plus is a big piece of the pie for sony and it should be better.

RedMustang72 28 December, 2014 @ 9:32 pm

As far as I’m aware, and according to the legal above, lapses and re-subs won’t affected your ability to download previous IGC titles. It’s probably worth querying Fred or Chris about this, once things have settled down with the outage. It’s not an issue I’ve had to deal with myself as I’ve been auto-subbed for years but I think I’ll query the blog team myself at some point…just to make sure.

For all the complaints, many justified, I’ve still always landed on the side of defending the IGC, the content offered is more than worth the price of subbing, but I won’t dispute that the service could be improved.

DarkArchoNx66 28 December, 2014 @ 11:16 pm

Here’s hoping what you say it’s the fact and my concerns are unwarranted. I still got more than a month at my current sub so I’m guessing I’ll know more before it expires.. I was gonna pick a 3 month sub this time depending on the selection of the games, not because the service isn’t entirely worth it but because this has been a very bad year IMO and since plus is mandatory for Ps4, I expect it to go even more downhill. I’ve complained in the past quite a lot (though I realized how pointless that was) and you (plural) may say that’s childish or entitled, but I’m just being a pragmatist here. The service pays up to be clear and it’s not about the fee which is insignificant in long term, but the mistake many people make is that they thing is just about what each one individually pays. There are other issues that add to the problem and those more than justifiable..Anyway, let’s hope all those problems will be addressed and fixed come the new year and the service will be as stellar as it once used to be.

Load all