Posted

PlayStation Network update

More information on the service interuptions

UPDATE: PlayStation Network is back online. As you probably know, PlayStation Network and some other gaming services were attacked over the holidays with artificially high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. This may have prevented your access to the network and its services over the last few days.

Thanks again for your support and patience. We’ll provide any further updates here.

ORIGINAL POST FROM SCEA: The video game industry has been experiencing high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. Multiple networks, including PSN, have been affected over the last 48 hours. PSN engineers are working hard to restore full network access and online gameplay as quickly as possible.

From time to time there may be disruptions in service due to surges in traffic, but our engineers will be working to restore service as quickly as possible.

If you received a PlayStation console over the holidays and have been unable to log onto the network, know that this problem is temporary and is not caused by your game console. We’ll continue to keep you posted on Twitter at @AskPlayStation and we’ll update this post once the problems subside.

Thanks again for your patience.

766 Comments
0 Author replies

Very misleading, it’s only up for some people, some of us have to change the MTU to 1472/1473 to sign in.

Shocking service

PSN offline, PS+ IGC going downhill (with a few exceptions), lame christmas deals but the worst part is the awful communication from Sony. Patience is wearing very very thin.

1.2

Jordan how do you change the mtu?

How do i change the mtu?

Show more replies

I still cant sign in on ps4 what u on about?

2.1

Exactly as predicted.
By the time the blog team FINALLY decided to issue a statement it’s IRRELEVANT!
Instead of offering this during the incident you give us your usual “there was a problem so we hid until it went away…”. We pay to play online now, you realise that, right?!
It’s pathetic that we have to turn to other information sources when you are paid to provide said information.

Same stillcarnt sign in,getting annoyed now

2.3

Follow the steps in this video and all will be well !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27RVr5_K6k&feature=youtu.be

X_Blood_Curse_X 28 December, 2014 @ 16:06

It took far too long for you to acknowledge this, it’s not on, we’re paying for this service now

I also don’t know for what I’m paying for PS+ on PS4 for now. where is my multiplayer? it is the main function.
offline since night from 24 to 25 of December until now. nothing changed. 4-5 days, not 48 hours. Sony, you are liars!

European_Gamer 29 December, 2014 @ 23:52
3.2

Here is a useful tip for players who can’t play offline games when the network is down. Some games keep searching for an Internet connection and can’t be started this can easily be solved if you disable the Internet from settings.

How is it back up and running?, the connection is still getting terminated on my PS4

same here

quantum_buster 29 December, 2014 @ 10:25
4.3

And here, still no PSN connection

Show more replies

So I’m guessing this will become a periodically thing?

Not online in Greece (PS4)…

Still can’t sign in so….

Just Changed the mtu to 1472 and it signed in first time

i just want to play online with my friends before the christmas Eve ends, so please try to make it faster because most of the users still don’t have access into PSN. and thank you

Hire someone from microsoft to fix the network

9.1

Yea..ms having same issues …

theo_andravida 04 January, 2015 @ 15:43
9.2

Haha, so true! @cpmafia2 ^

Vita and ps3 work, still cant sign in on ps4

In UK, not been able to sign in for 3 days

Now ultra [MODERATED] off, cant use any games on ps4 as they all need ´network services´

Thats right i cant play an indie game either

Is your console set to Primary? You can also go to settings and disable the requirement for games to connect to the internet, that should let you play them.

I never knew about that work around, Tee – if it even works ? – so I, like MANY others have been resigned to no PS4 gaming over the holidays.

I mean it’s not the end of the world, but when you LIKE to game in your time off… It’s a bit of a nause.

Show more replies

Still ain’t working

I can’t sign in either :( when will this be properly fixed?

ninjaaabenjaaa 28 December, 2014 @ 16:13

cant’s sign in on ps4, been out for 3 days now in Finland.

Ps4 isn’t. Terrible. Upgrade your security

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 16:17
14.1

It’s not easy to defend against this type of attack. Here is part of an interview with the lizards.
“When asked which company was easier to bring down, Microsoft was the immediate response. They commented that Sony had recently upgraded their security, via a new system we will not mention here, which took a bit of time to work around, but that Microsoft simply had the poorest security – “almost nothing”. When asked how each company was fighting back – the group alluded to the idea that they were easily keeping the networks down.”

Cant get on my ps4 in england

15.2

Hi man it doesn’t work for me i tried it many times and still doesn’t connect…

Since Christmas day i have not had psn it is now Sunday 28th December I make that over 60 hours.

Before when the service was free was understable. Now is inconceivable my ps4 was completely useless bug fail sony. Lucky i didn’t get ride of my ps3

Changing the MTU to 1475 in the manual network settings fixed my problems. I was unable to sign in on the default 1500. Try this if you can’t get online.

18.1

That worked, thanks. If only Sony could have told us this!

18.2

I can confirm that fixed the issue for me as-well. cheers

operationfear47 28 December, 2014 @ 20:41
18.3

How do I do this please??

Show more replies

I experienced the same problem last Saturday.Instead,I waited for the following day.Finally,I’ve got my PS4 up & running.

Anonymus-Bandha 28 December, 2014 @ 22:13
19.1

If it works in certain countries, then I expect PSN to be working soon in other countries

sorry but this isnt acceptable you guys had prior notice this wanna gonna happen you lied more than once about it being fixed when i assure you its not you got saquare enix posting it was fixed yesterdays when it wasnt keep the bullcrap to yourself i expect next update after its fix is to remove psn as requirement for online play i pay for the games so get it done

I van access the store and my trophy list but I can’t upload my images to twitter when I last tried an hour ago.

This is rediculous still Can not sign in

Sony should hire IT experts from Apple!This is what happens with Android/Windows OS.Unlike Apple,more secured.

23.1

orbis OS is unix based, besides, the hack wasn’t OS based at all it was a ddos. sony has plenty of shortcomings, but thats defenately not one of them…

When is psn going to be back online you haven’t told anyone anything terrible customer service

We’ve been waiting since Christmas Day, saved for months so my son can have his first console and now three days later still no console. The most expensive paperweight I have ever bought. Seriously considering taking it back and buying an xbox.

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 16:35
25.1

This is PlayStation, your console don’t require a day one update to play games.
I may be wrong but can’t you play EVERY retail game besides Final Fantasy 14?

25.3

No. Only one of the games we had bought him to go with console are able to play without psn network.

Show more replies

Still doesn’t work here fo me in glasgow! Sitting for days with nothing, and it is not back up for EVERYONE, disgraceful, xbox is back up and running before us.

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 16:27

Fred I think most people can understand that you have the right to spend your holiday with your family. But why did all communication go through the @AskPlayStation twitter account and not through @PlayStationEU or from the blog some you (or an American) should be able to get access to the blog or PlayStationEU and spend 10 minutes on writing an update.

I still can’t sign in, paying for [MODERATED] all

Ive been a psn user for years and icant even get online still , not happy

still offline in belguim

30.1

at least try and read the endless amount of posts on fixing it. it works fine again if people would just change their MTU settings

I changed MTU settings to 1473 and it worked, without that i can’t sign in, but i am getting verify my email messages. please fix !

Also your communication skills leave a lot to be desired, 1 update in 4 days is a joke give us hourly updates like microsoft did.

Just got on by changing MTU settings to 1472

Whats mtu?

32.2

MTU is how big the packets of information are that the system sends. You will have to set up your internet connection manually to change this.

zalwelgoedgaan 28 December, 2014 @ 16:32

Sony should redeem themselves. Give everyone a free copy of Knack, Super Rub-a-Dub and Little Deviants.

I still can’t log on neither connection terminated all the time getting very annoyed now as I got a £15 card to redeem and use thanks Sony for nothing

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 16:39
34.1

You should be able to log into store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

No ps4 for 4 days it’s a joke ps3 only down for 2 days you don’t have to pay for that sort it out please

Why is it I can log into my ps3 no problems yet my ps4 is having none of it telling me my recommended suggestions is to mess about with my router just can’t get my head around how shocking the communication is just get my playstation working sharpish

orionthehunters 28 December, 2014 @ 16:34

What I would like to know and I assume most of the PlayStation users is what are you going to do to protect the services against future attacks and when will this current farce be sorted out (FOR ALL USERS) t? It’s not too much to ask for paying customers who have experienced problems with PSN more than they should of (Yes it’s an attack but honestly all the money you receive you should be better prepared and not ill equipped).

This is for PSN not Fred…..

Fred, you lie like a cheap watch, not a £300 Ps4. PSN is not up or working for PS4 users. Whilst we have been very patient, please don’t tell porkies! Please advise when PSN will be available for All users.

My mates who live about 10 15 mints a way can get on n i cent go to where thay live to try my n it works go back home n it still not work here it a joke nothappy

tattooedchar666 28 December, 2014 @ 16:37

It’s ridiculous waiting for the pan net

towerofpower82 28 December, 2014 @ 16:37

I can get signed in but it won’t search for friends for some reason?

Logging into, and navigating the EU forums in a hit and miss affair still (mostly miss). I cannot access the US forums at all.
PSN is surely NOT up and running as yet, forum-wise.

Reading comments here and in other places, most of Sony’s issues post-DDoS seem to stem from its typical p*ss-poor communication. Sony have always been one to clam up and stonewall during any issues, but this approach need to change if it wants to win back the hearts of many users.

Confirmed. I cannot access the forum at all.

Had no psn since Xmas eve then they take fee for Playstation plus out of acc yesterday then add insult to injury by sending emails asking if I’ve kept up to date with games that we can’t even access . What a joke

Are they going to give something to us for free for all the lies saying its working when it’s not, free membership for a year on PlayStation plus would be good I say or free psn store vouchers to spend

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 16:37

The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that a load of the PSN network engineers will have been pulled away from their families at Christmas to try and fix the issues we are having.
Before you rage at Sony/Playstation for not being able to defend against the type of “attack” that is very hard to combat, no matter how much money you throw at it, try saying thanks to the guys that gave up their Christmas (for not an insane amount of money, believe me) to try and get thing back for us.

Thanks guys.
I’ve been in your position, I know it ain’t easy. Cheers for the hard work.

they get paid for it so no sympathy from me unless they give me my game time and psn time i paid for back and everyone elses then they might get a pat on the back. i’m paying for em to fix it so are others we don’t care if they have to leave their families its their job just as we would have to if we done the job only problem is they aren’t doing the job its still not working is it. i wouldn’t sit there and say thanks for taking 4 hours to a plumber that cost me 200 quid to fix my leaking sink no not when it didn’t need to take that long i fully expect psn as requirement to play online games to be remove and i will use it as optional its flawed and this xmas is proof

So they should give up their Christmas to get the network back up its because of us they have jobs in the first place buying the consoles and watching films made by sony

45.3

You have a very solid point here.
@psn engineers, Thanks guys!!!

Show more replies
tattooedchar666 28 December, 2014 @ 16:39

It’s ridiculous that your Company has been hacked into and have ppl credit card details

European_Gamer 28 December, 2014 @ 16:43
46.1

It’s not a hack it’s DDoS, no one stole anything.

TroubleMaker411 28 December, 2014 @ 16:45
46.2

Nothing was hacked.
The servers were brought down because they were purposely flooded with information to prevent logins.
Your CC details are safe.

46.3

TroubleMaker411 – it’s nice you keep defending this multi-billion dollar company that can’t get it’s act together, but it is being widely reported that 13,000 account details including credit-card details have been released during the outage.

Show more replies

well mines still not working like alot off people said we paying for online service now and it seem like no ones doing any think about it well i must say someone didnt get the present they wanted at christmas so he or she had to mess it up for every1 cheers NOOB

47.2

yes bro me and you both same place and both still not online sony so bad not happy wot so every and the kids come on sort it out for the kids you nooobs

47.3

sony plz just plz stop with the bull ? psn is not working and its not back up and running cos if it was I wouldent be ear riteing this crap sorry for the bad words but im rageing rite now sorry but this needs to be said STOP TELLING LIES AND JUST SORT THE PROBLUM

Show more replies

Not been able to sign in on my PS4 since December 25th in UK. It’s kinda online in terms that some people can get on and others can’t. It’s a joke! I get very little time as it is with work etc to game so when I get time off I expect to be able to play on my very expensive console! rather than update us when in bits. Just come back to us when your confident that it is completely fixed and we can all get back to gaming!

vashuclash1228 28 December, 2014 @ 16:40

Not working UK 4:40 PM

Very disappointed with Sony over handling of incident.

No worries, %$£# happens especially these days. Personally it didn’t affect at all. Not in the mood for playing any games lately for some reason (after 20 years I don’t enjoy it as much), don’t own a Ps4 anyways and I don’t feel like buying anything. Don’t get me wrong, there are some good offers at the store and I was gonna but AC IV but the total cost comes at more than 40 euros. A bit pricey for my taste and I am not even sure I’d get all the content.

I have quite a big backlog of games to play anyway and I’m trying to force myself to currently. Cause I’ve read somewhere that whatever games you have acquired/purchased through plus are not longer available if your sub runs out and re-subscribe later on.. I’d appreciate if someone could confirm that or deny for that matters to put my mind at ease.

Nightmareofkaito 28 December, 2014 @ 18:26
50.1

In the tos it does say you can only access any plus games if your subbed and only if your subbed. if your term is up you won’t have access to your games. Once you renew you’ll still have access to your igc games you’ve already got as part of the igc, I went without plus for a month or 2 and I still had all my igc games when I resubed. If your still unsure and don’t want to chance losing them e-mail Sony support or call them and ask for an updated version of the plus terms of service agreement to be sent to your e-mail address.

50.2

I’m an old school gamer myself Dark and I tend to agree, I’m getting a bit disillusioned with gaming of late too. The next gen ‘premium’ on games isn’t worth it, and save maybe a handful of good AAA titles the rest have released as broken, unfinished, over hyped, and/or just generally poor quality products. The indies have been decent but even some of those are way over priced…just because they’re on the PS4.

Many other issues too, with the PS4, devs/publisher lies etc…I’ve found it to be a tough year for gaming.

Show full comment

Regarding Plus, any games downloaded from the IGC will become unavailable when your sub runs out, however any purchases made through the store are yours to keep, even with Plus discounts, and will remain available. If you let Plus run out and then re-sub ALL titles you downloaded from the IGC previously will become available again, the only games you would miss are those that you didn’t have access to and were unable to download whilst you weren’t subbed. Hope that’s clear! :)

50.3

Thanks guys, appreciate the answers. The last time around when my sub expired and re-subbed a few days later I had no problem at all. But I’ve read more than once recently that they changed quietly the terms. It’s not a big deal but I’d still like to have the option to try out some of the Ps4 games I got through the service for a year now for when I make the jump, which is only a matter of time and haven’t done already because I don’t think it’s worth it, plus bad experience with the Ps3 I got very early last gen.

I think I may end up renewing even though I am quite dissatisfied with how the service has become. But at the end of the day we’re still getting our money worths despite the fact plus is a big piece of the pie for sony and it should be better.

Show more replies
DuplicateTrain4 28 December, 2014 @ 16:44

Stop lying to try and get yourself some positive press, the servers are still down in the UK showing error code CE-35327-0 when viewing account info which AFAIK is server unavailable. I can’t update my PSN subscription which has expired so you’re basically making my PS4 a useless fat brick except for a token few PS4 discs I own. If you’re basing all your future custom and business on online services at least get the capacity funding to support the scaling in these events. It looks like you’re really just waiting it out rather than increasing server capacity which I suspect Microsoft did.

how is it possible that I can log into my ps3 upstairs yet my ps4 is having none of it In the living room don’t understand why it taking u so long to sort the ps4 out its a joke let’s not even mention the poor customer service provided with no information for an one to resolve their problems not impressed

52.1

Odd isn’t it?! my ps3 has had no problems, My PS4 has been off since dec 24th.

CHOPPER_since84 28 December, 2014 @ 16:44

This is an absolute joke now playstation!!
I must mention that about 5 days ago you automatically withdrew £39.99 from my account and pretty much since that day I have not been able to go online, I still cannot go online! It has been 4 days now…… How much longer???? And what do we get for this poor service?? Maybe a years free service would be a start!
But I know deep down we might wipeout free!
Sort this problem out!!

Well, they say it should be up and running again. But it isn’t.. The Netherlands, 17:43. We pay for the online service so I think it is more than fair that we can expect a good running network. I’ll hope playstation will come with something to make up with the customers.

HELLO does anyone understand DDOS attacks are not something you can protect your network against, for all the idiots that are saying sony should of been protected against this you are wrong !
its not sony’s fault that their entire SEN service was wiped out infact it was a pure and simple horrible turn of events take a chill pill all of you and please let the mods and sony get this issue resolved.

thats all nice and good but my one main problem is that i have is lying saying its fixed when its clearly not i haven’t been able to play my decent games since xmas eve a simple we cant fix it until specified date even if the specified date was after the estimated time to fix it. that would have been better than its fixed i log in to get termination error crap and they even told square enix it was fixed when i know for fact it isn’t which is nice since most online game servers don’t even run through sony itself. so making psn not a requirement to play online games would have probably prevented people waking up on xmas morning not being able to play games so psn would be down but i would be playing my game till it got fixed with minor moaning

DuplicateTrain4 29 December, 2014 @ 12:41
55.2

What rot – it is possible to defend, I know because this is part of my job (disclamer: I dont work at the affected companies). Let me put this in perspective, Microsoft run servers in their own cloud, I don’t know about Sony but I bet they pay a third party, Google Appengine, Amazon AWS, or possibly Microsoft Azure. When Microsoft comes under attack they bring online more cloud servers, at lower cost because they don’t pay anyone else. Sony will have a fixed budget, especially given their financial problems, their solution is to wait it out, prioritising requests from their biggest user base, the PS3, to minimise complaints. So in summary, what you are saying was true in the noughties, when in house cluster systems were popular (God forbid I hope Sony aren’t stupid enough to still use systems limited like this) but not now when data centres are distributed and server capacity is for all intents and purposes only constrained by financial budgets.
Sony should be able to shoulder 20-30...

Show full comment

Sony should be able to shoulder 20-30x demand for a few days over Christmas, when they know it’ll be peak time anyway.

I think the relevant question has to be “What are Sony doing to prevent future DDoS attacks?”

It is NOT back online for me.
Got a PS4 for Christmas and haven’t been able to connect to PSN once.
I’m fed up with complaining about PSN but it seems like you guys just do all you can to give us reasons to do it.

Still nothing!! Getting a server termination message

CHOPPER_since84 28 December, 2014 @ 16:52

To troublemaker411…… I do agree that it is sad for the people that have been pulled away from their families, but don’t tell me that these computer analysts that run the PSN get paid paid rubbish money because that is a load of crap! That will be getting a small fortune to get this network back up and running!
Microsoft were back up and running in no time! You must remember when a couple of years ago PSN went down for months due to a hack so it’s not good enough especially now we are paying for the service!
Think about the people that ain’t on loads of money that have saved all year to buy their kid/kids a ps4 and again pay for the service to not have it!
Not good enough!

Big time joke all that money on sum u kent place Maybe should of got the xbox all way better

still not working in norway

Thanks for the mtu advice works fine for logging in but do I need to change back. I don’t even know what the mtu is for any1 any idea why this works but setting as auto doesnt

62.1

MTU is how big the packets of information are that the system sends. I read somwhere that 1500 is the max that can be sent along ethernet which is why this may be default. Larger is more efficient as more data is housed in each packet and less packets will be needed. However, larger packets are more easily corrupted, causing them to take longer if the need to be resent. With the attacks I guess more data is being corrupted. I would be inclined to return it to 1500 after things have calmed down. I am not sure if the difference is significant between 1472 and 1500.

Get it fixed u muppets

I can only logon with my PS3, PS Vita and the WEB site but my PS4 still can’t connect to the PSN…….

It seems to me that the only way Sony and Microsoft can do to defend against these attacks, is to shut down parts of their service, call the police and if and when the criminals get caught to send in their lawyers.
Let’s be fair to Sony and Microsoft on this, this attack is a criminal activity. Sure there can be people and equipment that can defend against these attacks but we can never and we are not supposed to know exact technical details of their security infrastructure.
We do pay and we do want to play online during the holidays. Now some scum are in the way.
I hope they get caught and that they face justice.

I’m really hacked off!!!! I still can not sign in!!!!! What the hell!!!!

I still CAN NOT SIGN IN!!!!

No sign in!!!

Only down for 48hours, which 48hrs out of the last 96hours has it been up? Got to have been when I was sleeping because I’ve been checking since Christmas Morning and it’s been on its but from then until now lol

Original_Fumes 28 December, 2014 @ 17:09

How do you change MTU

70.1

You will have to set up your internet connection manually to change this. Success is being had changing it to 1472.

Nightmareofkaito 28 December, 2014 @ 17:10

Here’s an idea Sony offer a free month to all customers who bought a ps4 for Christmas, the choice of a free ps4 game knack or killzone. And offer current subscribers on all platforms a free month of plus and give us more deals please.

I can understand that it takes time to restore the services that you provide after a ddos. But what i don’t understand is why sony gives us so little to go on. Sony says that psn is online again. But you don’t to mention that only parts of it are accessable. Like the ps3 part of psn is working but that you need more time to get the ps4 part working correctly again. You need to start communicating Sony. Give us more updates. I’ve been saving for over a year now for my ps4/ I bought it 3 days a go and still can’t login to my psn account… It’s a huge bummer!

Absolute joke we pay for this and its still awful ,SORT IT OUT !!!!!!!!!!

Y is it up 4 sum n not all take it down fix it properly N let all of Us play ??

ryanpearson-bcfc 28 December, 2014 @ 17:17

My psn wont let me sign in help people

Sweden ain’t working

This is beyond a joke!!! Glad I paid money for this shoddy service! Outrageous!!!

I pay for 12 month service lost 3 day already not good enough

rockpaperatombom 28 December, 2014 @ 17:32

Wont allow me to sign into psn cant play online. You are a joke. When will lincoln uk be online ?

I still cannot sign in, its always on and off. Sort it out sony or xbox it is!

OL10dawnsnipe00 28 December, 2014 @ 17:35

3 days offline ……now they say psn is back so answer me this ..why cant my ps4 connect to psn ?????????? everything been tried system update, reset router , restart ps4 changed my password on psn still not connecting ??? ..all was fine before they got hacked now i cant sign in through ps4 ??

its rediculous we pay 40 pounds for a year for psplus and cant use our accounts over xmas and then they say its back up and running i cant sign into any of my accounts on ps4 but a mate who lives ten mins down the road is blasting gta online with no worrys they need to get this sorted

82.1

Yh same here i try me at my mum n it waw workin all good i live about 15 mints a way from my mum n it dont work how that Fair

Very poor service!!!! Still not able to sign in after 3 days of trying im thinking of converting to Xbox.what the hell do I pay ps plus for

Toujours impossible de me connecter sur Psn !! grrr.. comment fait on ?? on patiente encore ou je la jette par la fenêtre cette foutue console !! ^^!!^^

i still can’t connect! im writing from spain, its been 3 days now….

It’s a joke this is mine keeps saying that the server has been terminated. What does this mean ahhhhhhhhhh.

lord_farquaad254 28 December, 2014 @ 17:45

I still cant sign into psn it keeps coming up with server has been terminated when will this be fixed?

87.1

Same as my just what to know when i can go on it bin tryin all day again

Only 4 days late on this post……….

SOmeone on twitter found a workaround, PSN still isnt working for me the regular way but the workaround does.

i want those 4 days added to my PS+ subscription, any other paid service would do the same so i expect the same from SCEE!! Some other compensation needs to be delivered as well, but i won’t hold my breath…

It not up in running I still can’t sing in on ps4

Great was brought ps4 for xmas been dying to go online and still down my vita works on net but not ps4 this is a joke and i hope we will be refunded money for fees we have paid

robthehammer180 28 December, 2014 @ 17:52

Typically, the premium console consumers are left to wait for this to be resolved. Call this entertainment, more like a shambles again. Hope the consumer will be offered a suitable reimbursement for three days of sub standard gaming from Sony. Please get this sorted ASAP Sony and make all your customers a little bit happy to start gaming again.

Sony Computer Entertainment REALLY need to start investing in better hacking preventions after this attack has been dealt with, I still can’t sign into PSN (I’m from Scotland) and its been like this since December 24th :(

Is it normal yesterday afternoon i play online and now it don’t wanna fu**ing connect again ?!

Je ne peux toujours pas me connecter sur le PSN avec ma PS4

I can’t connect in these days.. in italy

1472 worked for me cheers jordanblack68. Oh I’m in england

6 days without psn is just ridiculous. I hope your going to be compensating people for the inconvenience and heartache

it still wont let me sign into psn yet i can browse the web on my console?? everyone i know that lives around me with a ps4 is having no problem but i still am!

I’m the only one in my area that cannot connect, it’s very annoying

BallisticDonkay 28 December, 2014 @ 18:15

I still can’t sign in on my PS4

I still cant log in. When will my psn be back online? Fixed my arse stop lieing

Since Christmas day no PSN via PS Plus, I also wouldn’t mind but this is a paid for subscription. Time for Sony to think about how they can offer good after-sales service for this debacle…

Still cannot log in better communication would be good

As for now, I can log in my account from PS3 but not from PS4, weird enough huh?

Cant believe that i have bought a ps4 350quid then 50pound on call duty then 40 odd quid on psn to play online o yeah 30 pound 4 internet and cant even play online what a waste ov money and my time i only get 2week off work made no plans so could play on ps and this happens i had all PlayStation consoles feel really let down debating on selling it and buyin a gameing pc

i still don’t have access to your network….. :( its annoying because i have to check every time if i can log in or not please tell us or send us on how or what to connect and do properly……

Any tricks i could try?

107.1

People are having success changing MTU to 1472. Change this by setting up internet connection manually.

i can sign in on my ps4 but i can on my phon and on my laptop can you tell me why?

108.1

??

108.2

If thay don’t sort it be next week I not going to paid for my ps Plas so if up to tham

When are you going to have it sorted seems as my friends are on and mine keeps saying terminated all my games require me to be online its becoming really annoying

Earn millions, do nothing or at least not enough! That´s the way! Keep smiling and think about building a big bomb ;-)!

GOD_OF_WAR33256 28 December, 2014 @ 18:22

I still can’t get sign in to psn (n.east) england please sort it out.

This is getting beyond a joke now, i still can’t use any of the services at all, between server unavailable and server time outs it’s starting to annoy me. I have had a ps4 for 3 days now and not been able to use it to its full capabilities….

Still offline in France…Que passa amigo ?

VexedBumbleBee 28 December, 2014 @ 18:25

If we communicated like this when we have a major system outage at work we would have been sacked within 24 hours. The lack of communication to your paying customers is nothing short of disgraceful not to mention disrespectful.
Not only do you need to do a full review on your system security but you also need to fully review your communications strategy. As a customer we want to be kept fully up to date and not fobbed off with the updates you have drip fed us for the last 3 days. IMHO when dealing with this crisis you did so without any thought for your paying customers.

This is a complete joke… Just over 76 hours PSN has been off, ive tried contacting PSN about it but everything is off line :-(

I finally connected to PSN on the 4th day, it’s random.

halfaworldaway 28 December, 2014 @ 18:27

Sony are wrong to claim that this outage was/is only affecting some people, this has affected millions, They have been very slow to update us with what is happening.

Still not logging on psn in my ps4 TRINIDAD

still cant sign in what are we payin for sony?

What about Cod “server”? Still not working! Damn you all! I cannot shot anybody online, now i have to go outside and do so ;-))) What´s wrong with you sony guys!

I can’t sign in…

Wheres the Jan’s PS+ games list? Only a couple of days away from Jan now and Thursday (the day PSN updates) is the 1st, in other words PS+ update day. So what games are we getting this Thursday, other than Infamous First Light & The Swapper????

121.1

Actually they changed it to the first Wednesday of every month which will be the 7th of January,Btw the only way i can sign in is by changing my mtu settings to 1470

We are paying for this service, I expect some kind of quality if I pay for online play… PSNGate 2?

Still cant sign in saying error code nw-31194-8

I cant sign in to PSN on my PS4 still

I’m trying to create a new account but whenever i get to the email verification page it doesnt seem to be sending any email to me as i am not receiving anything from sony. Its getting really frustrating cos i cant sign in unless i verify the account. please advise.

Just tryed to sign in again n it still not work sick of it now thanks a lot aony 4 makein my xmas enjoyable

I am very frustrated with how slow the process to repair psn i cant access at all it wont let me sign in Please speed up the process as gamers like me are seriously impatient Please let me know how far to sorting it

We stil cannot log into our psn account. When we try this error code appears: NW-31194-8. I am going crazy and so are my children. Please help.

128.1

I am having the same problem

TastesLike_UrMum 28 December, 2014 @ 18:42

I’m still struggling to sign in to PlayStation network

Not online for me in Denmark. We pay for this, I know it sucks but after 4 days you should be on top of this Sony.

Dear Sony, why is it that your undoubtedly highly paid I.T experts cannot undo in over 3 days the damage caused by a bunch of twenty something year old prankster geeks? Your inability to fix the problem is matched only by your inability to inform your paying customers with up to date information! Here’s a thought….how about using the “Alert fom PlayStation” function that you cleverly incorporated into the PS4 home screen, under ” Notification “? !!! Oh and by the way, your lol ” network ” is still down in Kent, UK !

Nightmareofkaito 28 December, 2014 @ 18:45

I’m on pvz garden warfare on ps4 thanks Sony for giving us it back.

I HAVE AN ISSUE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SIGN IN AND IT KEEPS SAYING THE CONNECTION TO SERVER HAS BEEN TERMINATED AND THE ERROR CODE IS NW-31194-8 SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I’ve got the same. They might as well just stick 2 fingers up at us

AND WHY IS IT THAT TWO OF MY FAMILY ARE ABLE TO SIGN IN AND I CANT AND THEY ARE IN ONLY 4 MILES AWAY COME ON PSN PEOPLE U NEED TO SORT IT OUT OR U WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS FAST I HAVE BEEN LOYAL TO PLAYSTATION SINCE PS1 I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT ON GOING TO XBOX BUT THINGS LIKE THIS GET YOUR CUSTOMERS THINKING SHOULD I CONVERT TO THE ENEMY AKA XBOX THAT SORT IT OUT FASTER THEN PLAYSTATION

drogbaisthebest 28 December, 2014 @ 18:47

Shocking service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitting watching my brother play his Xbox One over Christmas. Thanks Sony, paying for a service I can’t even use during a period I get time off. Imagine if it was the other way round, you’d be chasing me up. Get it fixed. Awful.