PlayStation Store charts, December: FIFA, Minecraft, GTAV take holiday top-spots

Find out what the big sellers were on PlayStation Store last month

While there might have been relatively few new releases in December, it was nonetheless a busy month on PlayStation Store, with older titles galloping back up the charts courtesy of festive discounts. Take a look at all the charts below, and let us know what you picked up over the last few weeks in the comments.

PS4

1. Grand Theft Auto V (1)
  2. FIFA 15 (13)
  3. Game of Thrones: Season 1 (New)
  4. Dragon Age: Inquisition (6)
  5. Battlefield 4 (Re-entry)
  6. Minecraft (7)
  7. The Last of Us Remastered (RE)
  8. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (2)
  9. Far Cry 4 (5)
  10. PES 2015 Pro Evolution Soccer (16)
  11. The Crew (New)
  12. Assassin’s Creed Unity (3)
  13. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (RE)
  14. Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
  15. Trials Fusion (19)
  16. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (8)
  17. Tales from the Borderlands (New)
  18. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (New)
  19. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (RE)
  20. The Walking Dead: Season Two (9)

PS Vita

1. Minecraft (1)
  2. LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita (RE)
  3. FIFA 15 (7)
  4. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (RE)
  5. The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (RE)
  6. Tearaway (RE)
  7. Ys: Memories of Celceta (RE)
  8. Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
  9. Freedom Wars (4)
  10. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (14)
  11. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (3)
  12. Terraria (RE)
  13. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (RE)
  14. WipEout 2048 (RE)
  15. Child of Light (RE)
  16. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (20)
  17. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (12)
  18. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (RE)
  19. Ridge Racer (RE)
  20. Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition (RE)

PS3

1. FIFA 15 (3)
  2. Grand Theft Auto V (RE)
  3. Minecraft (2)
  4. Enemy Front (RE)
  5. Grand Theft Auto IV (RE)
  6. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (RE)
  7. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (1)
  8. Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
  9. Gran Turismo 6 (6)
  10. God of War: Ascension (RE)

PS one and PS2 Classics

1. Crash Bandicoot (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (5)
  3. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (9)
  4. Final Fantasy VII (10)
  5. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee (RE)
  6. Final Fantasy VIII (RE)
  7. Rayman (RE)
  8. Driver (RE)
  9. Tekken 2 (RE)
  10. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (2)
28 Comments
1 Author replies
madmanwithabox12 12 January, 2015 @ 16:18

Suikoden 1 & 2 topped the PS1 charts in North America. Any ETA on the European release of these?

And for the love of all things good and proper, they better be Vita compatible. I say this because Konami’s track record isn’t the best in that regard. <___<

1.1

^ THIS. I’d love to know when can we expect Suikoden aswell! I hope this week when the store updates…@madmanwithabox12 I thought PS1 classics are Vita compatible? Haven’t had any problems yet, and I hope it’s gonna stay that way :P

madmanwithabox12 12 January, 2015 @ 18:02
1.2

I was referring more to Konami’s announcement when they said they were bringing the PSP Silent Hill games to Vita. They released both of them not long after that and they are only compatible on PSP – PSP doesn’t even have access to the PS Store any more, so it’s really dumb. Konami are blaming SCEE, SCEE are blaming Konami. Neither party is doing anything to fix it. =/

I would hope they don’t screw it up with PS1 games, but you never know.

Just bought Tomb Raider (DE) today, not at a bad price either. It was great on PS Plus, so I got it for the PS4. While I liked the game’s look on PS3, I’m quite interested in seeing the difference on PS4.

Trials Fusion was quite a mess on the store. Some people (not me) bought the standard edition, as they didn’t realise that the deluxe version was also on sale. Quite a ‘Doh!’ moment.

I also bought Crash 2, not sure why I didn’t pick up 3. Probably didn’t see it on sale.

With Minecraft being number 1 on the Vita and number 3 on PS3, does it get counted as the two votes from the cross-buy or is it one vote for whichever platform the person buys from?

3.1

Should be the one that it’s paid on. If free purchases were counted then the PS+ games would win every month.

Sorry for off topic on the same subject as before Fred but just to update from my previous question

I had asked you if the 10% discount code was gonna work on pre-orders
Few days later i remembered to check if the “input code” box appears when you try to place a pre-order.. it doesn’t. it’s different from the checkout cart. So I don’t see how it could work.

TL;DR: fairly certain 10% discount code won’t work on pre-orders. Also wanted to leave this here for those wondering.

Thanks.

4.1

We’ll be confirming details about the 10% offer soon. Sorry I don’t have more for you today.

Always sad to see new releases in the PS4 chart. As long as people are willing to pay 60% more than the US then SCEE will never see the need to adapt its price policy and put an end to this ridiculous hike we pay.

We’re not getting sales figures, so its not certain how many digital copies are actually being sold. Could be tens, could be hundreds, no one knows for sure except SCEE.

Alright, posting this here and now because I hope to get an answer as soon as possible.

Okay, a new year, but Vita TV still hasn’t got the treatment it deserves.

– So many non-touchscreen Vita games not compatible
– So many PS1 and PSP games not compatible that should not have any kind of problems with functionality whatsoever, like how can this even be possible
– No YouTube application support
– The PSN Store shows only a handful of titles, some of which aren’t even compatible with the device and others (compatible ones) needing to be searched manually.
– Some of the text of transferred content in Scandinavian letters transform to Chinese/Japanese letters when transferred to the actual console.

When can we expect an improvement regarding these matters?

madmanwithabox12 12 January, 2015 @ 18:04
6.1

To be fair, regarding your second point, there’s a tonne of PS1 and PSP games that aren’t even Vita compatible. SCEE just doesn’t seem to be doing anything regarding classics any more, probably because PS4 can’t play them so they don’t bother. Sucks, I know. =/

6.2

@madmanwithabox12

Yeah, I know, but the list of games compatible with Vita TV is even more limited. I just can’t understand what the logic is behind all this, since on the hardware side there shouldn’t be any problems. Sucks to lose the support just because they don’t care.

Finka_Karfein 12 January, 2015 @ 22:15
6.3

Oh, I’d love to see more classics compatible with any newer console or released here (Chrono Cross, hello, I needed to buy a physical copy and run it on a PC…).

The same goes for PS Move titles. Why we don’t have Star Wars Move or sth like this is beyond me. Microsoft is doing so much more for Kinects.

Yo, where is the 10% discount code?

7.1

Not here yet, I guess. Fred promised to update us the second he knew a date :)

Playstation Store Charts: WOŚP, biggest Polish charity event, which went international, was completely ignored. Instead more moustache posts to make your eyes bleed later this year. Sigh.

Guys, where in the store can i see all the classic game available?

When Suikoden 1 and 2 are released Please PLEASE buy it. Let’s make it number one.

10.1

We are waiting for it bro, almost half of january is gone and we still have no release date…

noodleking1987 12 January, 2015 @ 19:29

I agree with the vita tv it does need sorting! But I bought my ps4 a year ago and I’m still waiting for these promised updates!!!

Where. Is. Risk. PS4? And why isn’t there any mention anywhere about it? It was announced and up on Dec 17th, and it’s since disappeared. For the love of god someone say something.

I am sure SONY could make BILLIONS :D Yearly if they had ‘every’ PS1 & PS2 game on PSN by now. It’s a crying shame that there are still some brilliant PS1 & PS2 Classics that haven’t come to PSN yet(if ever) :( + For the PS4 to. Oh well.

Finka_Karfein 12 January, 2015 @ 22:09

I bought Yakuza 4 and Yakuza: Dead Souls. Too bad, there’s only Top 10 for PS3, I wanted to check their performance though I knew it wouldn’t reach the first 10 positions.

S_V_E_N_S_K_A 12 January, 2015 @ 23:22

i like cheese

WHERE THE HELL IS RESIDENT EVIL HD? STILL NOT UP FOR PREORDER. YOU PEOPLE ARE USELESS.

16.1

This preorder is available only in US Store…

bonzobanana_2 13 January, 2015 @ 20:37

Many of us are patiently waiting for the 10% off code. I was just wondering if it will be issued before or after the 22nd as I believe some of the games I’m intending on buying are on offer and that offer finishes then. Examples being Crysis and 3D Rift. How long will we have to use the code when issued?

I’m surprised it wasn’t a simple 10% code issued almost straight away with a one use per account limit that perhaps lasted to the end of the month. I mean there is a code entry box so it seems like something easy to do. Yes I hate waiting for stuff.

Add me on psn

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history