Ever since we announced Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, nearly every fan I’ve heard from at trade shows, on Twitter, in the comments, or on the forums has asked one question: when is it coming to PS4? Well, we appreciate your patience, and today we have some good news for all of you: not only are we bringing The Pre-Sequel to PS4 on 27th March, but Borderlands 2 is coming along with it! Both titles will be available in one package as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.
The Handsome Collection has both games running in gorgeous HD and looking pretty damn great, at a resolution and performance level never before seen in Borderlands on consoles. Beyond that, The Handsome Collection also has another cool first for Borderlands: four-player split-screen! Yup, four friends can hang out on the couch and play in split-screen on a single TV with The Handsome Collection, in Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel.
Have you already started Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and/or Borderlands 2 on PS3 or Borderlands 2 PS Vita? Don’t worry: using Cross-Save functionality, you’ll be able to transfer your save to and from PS4 to pick up right where you left off, along with your levelled-up character, Badass Rank, and everything else you worked so hard for.
But what about the DLC? Well, that’s all included, too. Yup, The Handsome Collection includes ALL of the add-on content for both Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel, which is a heck of a lot of stuff. To give you an idea of just how much we’ve stuffed into that little box, here’s a list of everything you’ll get in addition to the base games:
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
- The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
- Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
- Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
- T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
- How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
- Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
- Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
- Character Customization Packs
- Collector’s Edition Pack
- Commando Madness Pack
- Commando Supremacy Pack
- Commando Domination Pack
- Siren Madness Pack
- Siren Supremacy Pack
- Siren Domination Pack
- Gunzerker Madness Pack
- Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
- Gunzerker Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Madness Pack
- Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
- Mechromancer Domination Pack
- Assassin Madness Pack
- Assassin Supremacy Pack
- Assassin Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
- Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
- Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
- Psycho Madness Pack
- Psycho Supremacy Pack
- Psycho Domination Pack
- Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
- Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
- Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
- Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
- Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
- Psycho Party Pack
- Siren Learned Warrior Pack
- Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
- Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)
Back when Borderlands 2 came out in 2012, it launched alongside a pretty extravagant Collector’s Edition that some of you might have been able to snag. With Borderlands 2 and all of its add-on content coming to next-gen, we knew we had to top ourselves. And so, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection will receive an extremely limited Collector’s Edition, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition!
Limited to only 5,000 units worldwide, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition includes a remote controlled Claptrap steward bot that you’ll control with a companion app from your iOS or Android device. You’ll be able to play voice samples of some of Claptrap’s most iconic lines and look through a camera to see where Claptrap is headed, all while you control his every move (while balancing on one wheel)!
The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition also includes 12 really cool exclusive Vault Hunter lithographs, and a collectible steel case, it’ll be available for €349.95 at participating retailers and we recommend getting a move on it if you’re interested — we don’t expect these to last long.
Lastly, we’ll be talking more about The Handsome Collection during our panels at PAX South this week, and I hope we’ll see some of you in San Antonio. Even if you can’t make it, stay tuned for more details leading up to launch.
See you on Pandora and Elpis!