New deals on PlayStation Store this week: 2K Games, indies and more

Big savings on BioShock, Borderlands and XCOM, among others

The January Sale has come to end, but in its place we have a fresh batch of new PlayStation Store offers. 2K Games has cut prices on a chunk of its catalogue, including heavy hitters such as Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (on offer for one week only).

Meanwhile, we’ve quite a few indie titles also on offer, with tonnes of fun to be had in the likes of Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, Pier Solar and many more.

All offers follow below.

2K Special Offers (ends 4th Feb)

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
80% off – Original price £19.99/€24.99

XCOM: Enemy Within
75% off – Original price £29.99/€39.99

WWE 2K15
45% off – Original price £49.99/€59.99

Digital Discounts (ends 4th Feb)

PS4

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
50% off – Original price £14.99/€19.99

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris & Season Pass Pack
50% off – Original price £19.99/€28.99

Minutes
50% off – Original price £6.19/€7.49

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
40% off – Original price £11.99/€14.99

50% off – Original price £7.99/€9.99

PS Vita

Ethan: Meteor Hunter
50% off – Original price £7.99/€9.99

Guacamelee!
60% off – Original price £9.99/€12.99

SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit!
40% off – Original price £11.99/€14.99

SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS
40% off – Original price £24.99/€29.99

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3/Vita bundle)
80% off – Original price £11.49/€13.99

Teslagrad
50% off – Original price £11.99/€14.99

Toybox Turbos
50% off – Original price £11.99/€14.99

Jet Car Stunts
60% off – Original price £5.79/€6.99

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3/Vita bundle)
80% off – Original price £11.49/€13.99

Curve Digital Triple Features – Action Pack
50% off – Original price £15.99/€19.99

Curve Digital Triple Features – Adventure Pack
50% off – Original price £18.99/€23.99

OlliOlli
70% off – Original price £7.99/€9.99

Deal of the Week (ends 28th Jan)

The Crew – Was £54.99/€69.99/$99.95, now £29.99/€49.99/$69.95

The Crew Gold Edition – Was £69.99/€94.99/$129.95, now £44.99/€64.99/$92.95

Platinum Crew Credit Pack – Was £39.99/€49.99/$75.95, now £32.99/€39.99/$59.95

175 Comments
4 Author replies
Omegastoopreme 21 January, 2015 @ 12:04

hi what about Suikoden, is that coming this week?

superjoodzx9r 21 January, 2015 @ 12:07
1.1

Been checking all day for any news to

1.2

This is now due in the beginning of February. I know this will disappoint some, but I’m sure the wait will be worth it. Look forward to it :)

Omegastoopreme 21 January, 2015 @ 12:12
1.3

What???? Can we please have some kind of explanation? the USA has had it since December!

Konami themselves stated it would be in January.

Show more replies

Not a bad sale. Will be picking up quiet a bit from this. Hopefully we do get the PS Discount Code for this weekend!

Some good sales today. I hear that we wont be getting Suikoden today, any truth to that? also what will the price be? and wil it be the EU or US version?

Omegastoopreme 21 January, 2015 @ 12:41
3.1

delayed til early feb thats all they’ve said :(

No PS+ extra discounts?

4.1

Because you propably can use 10% discount for broken PSN http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/20/grab-10-playstation-store-discount-friday/

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, cool.

I’m convinced now that the Vita version of Borderlands 2 will never get a sale, this was the perfect opportunity for it. But other than that, i think i’ll pick up Pier Solar and Teslagrad. Good sale and perfect timing for the 10% code.

I wanted that too and since i already have it at ps3, I don’t want to pay full price. On the other hand maybe it is not on sale, because it’s on Feb’s plus games? Wishful thinking…

Let’s hope it will be a plus game next month :D!

Any chance of a sale on the Persona franchse?

7.1

We run discounts on Persona titles every so often. Whilst I can’t say when the next time will be, it probably will happen eventually.

Can these be combined with the 10% discount?

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:20
8.1

Yeah but not sure if theyhave said yet we get it in EU this week ? They still mightbe having technical difficulties because the coffee and bagels are more interesting than work.

@ Mario__4__Life:
Yes, this very blog posted about the 10% discount code yesterday.

8.3

He doesn’t care. He just shows up every Wednesday with anything negative to spew, regardless if it’s false information or something already confirmed in an earlier post.

Show more replies

Sucks that the US store got the Mirror’s Edge DLC on sale and we didn’t, especially when it costs nearly twice as much as the game itself over here.

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:20
9.1

i thought its pretty expensive even for $5 for just some time trial map? Or is it a whole new city?

9.2

It’s a bunch of small time trials, like the ones in the game already but without any of the scenery. It’s ridiculous for something like that to cost more than the entire base game, but I’d take it for $5 much sooner than £6.49.

It should be on sale more often, like a lot of DLC, but it never is.

nice sale. combine 10% discount voucher with it and get benefited even more.

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:36
10.1

Yeah the 10% discount this weekend is surely coming because these deals miss the 10% plus discount :D :D :D

10.2

You are going to have to stuff your Basket full of items to have that discount pay off though, 10pounds=1pound discount, 50=5pounds, 100=10pounds etc.

Hi jawad

Any chance of a similar discount on wwe2k15 for ps4??

Discounts on the new Telltale Season Passes before the second episodes of Borderlands or Game of Thrones are even out seems a bit unfair for those of us that already purchased….

was thinking that the other day too. Telltale is known for that practice though, so I didn’t dive in right away. Will be getting it this weekend with 40 % off thank you :)

12.2

You mean for 37% off right???

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:37
12.3

I agree rusted but it happens every time on all games… Lesson i learned is to not buy season passes in advance and think about if you really need it at all ..

Show more replies
Wyldedime1919 21 January, 2015 @ 12:18

Nice Game of Thrones Season pass with 40% off (with the extra 10%) I think I’ll be picking that up. Tempted by Teslagrad but I have feeling it will be on PS+.

13.1

I’m afraid not:
£19.99 minus 30% = £13.99 – 10% = £12.59.
£12.59 which is 62.98% of £19.99 and as such 37% off.

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:19

Very interesting sales, any of the Mafia 2 DLC worth it?

I have no complaints this week. Except that the ps4 looks always the same and so boring. I mean the ps3 got variety and is stylish and there is diffrent slim models, superslim, old classic ps3s.. Its true art.. Why the ps4 is just a BRICK?

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:35
14.1

Also like how the weekly deal is back :) THANKS JAWAD!!!!!!!!!!

Buying Xcom Declass.

14.2

You’re mixing up the PS4 and XB1. Just saying.

14.3

Don’t say that about his precious Xbox mate.

Jawad, I know the Store post isn’t up yet, but the new Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd content isn’t showing up as free for Song Club owners.

And I’d assume the 10% discount this weekend can also be used for these sale items. So for example a fan of the Telltale games could get Thrones/Borderlands for 30% off and then a further 10% in the basket?

16.1

10% code is now available http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/23/get-10-psn-discount-code/ and can be used with current offers!

Any chance of Dragon’s Lair PSP version going on sale? It has never been. even though the PS3 version has, several times in fact.

Getting the two telltale season passes and tempted for Pier Solar or Teslagrad.

Can i expect to see Infamous First Light With a discount any time soon?

It never had a discount.

ImmovableTonyG1 21 January, 2015 @ 12:36
19.1

Buy a PS Plus sub and get it for free :)

19.2

Then the subscription ends and i won’t be able to play the game =(

I wanted to actually buy the game.

19.3

Then buy it. It’s £16 either digital or retail, you’ve got 10% off too…

Show more replies

What time is the store update at Jawad and is Saints Row IV Re- Elected/Gat Out of Hell gonna be able to order?

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:38
20.1

Some of the prices are already discounted for the sales, just check?!

Mario__4__Life 21 January, 2015 @ 12:39
20.2

But why the hurry always? This weekend there is another 10% off probably

DarkArchoNx66 21 January, 2015 @ 12:27

from a quick look, I already own almost everything I could care for. Perhaps, there’s something I’ve missed, or something hidden. Looking forward next week..Plus announcement xD..

reggyx3clover 21 January, 2015 @ 12:27

what the heck ps vita only getting indies… as expected from Sony…

Not really interested in most of them, maybe the Headhunter dlc for Borderlands 2 since those were among the only ones that weren’t on the GotY disc.
Also a shame that Citizens Earth doesn’t have a platinum, I was kinda looking forward to that game but I decided some time ago that if a game doesn’t get a platinum that I’m interested in it’s a good excuse for me to buy it on either the WiiU (which I’ll do in this case) or the XBOne which I did for Child of Light, Valiant Hearts and Ground Zeroes.

Piers solar, Olli Olli and left alone for me. If wwe is on ps4 I’ll take you up on that too.

Jawad, Lego Marvel Superheroes has just been cut to $19.99 in the US, having owned the game on disc I would love to add it to my digital collection, but I refuse to pay any of the prices the Eu store has had it for. Please can we get a sub £20 price tag on it please?

Unbelievable, i planned to buy the Bioshock Challenge Rooms, i can’t believe they’re on sale now that i want to get them :)

Btw any confirmation on if the 10% discount code will work on pre orders in the EU store?

26.1

Apparently it’s been confirmed on the US Blog that it won’t work on pre-orders, so I’d imagine its the same on the EU store.

26.2

Nevermind, confirmed to not work on them.

26.3

Também queria saber. Mas acho que não funciona para nós.

Show more replies
Gloom12356776543 21 January, 2015 @ 12:33

Where disappeared the PS+ discounts from January sale ? :( I was going to buy some games before its over :(

27.1

Actually it always seems to happen if the sale is untill a certain day, it’s usually the case that ps+ discounts disappear the day before.
Just keep it in mind for next time because I’ve seen it happen quite a few times.
I’m guessing that they change it with the storeupdate not sure why though.

27.2

Me too

27.3

The January PS+ sales were on until 21st of January!

@Jawad

I want to ask if the following games are PS4/3/Vita cross-buy:

Never Alone
Teslagrad

28.1

I don’t know about Never Alone, but at the moment Teslagrad isn’t (just picked it up for the PS3).

On the Teslagrad FB page, once the Vita version is available, it will become a cross-buy title.

Here’s the link to the specific post:

ImmovableTonyG1 21 January, 2015 @ 12:35

I am grateful for the 10% discount code coming this weekend but the cynical part of me feels disappointed that the usual PS Plus discounts have not been applied to the sale items (usually 10%) meaning we aren’t going to be saving anything by using the special code, just making the saving we usually get anyway :/
Still, good price on The Crew – its showing as £29.99 – is it worth buying?

ImmovableTonyG1 21 January, 2015 @ 12:45
29.1

Just read the IGN review – it doesn’t look like it’s worth buying!

I just finished playing The Crew last night, it’s a pretty solid racer and its story isn’t half bad. I’d say it’s worth it for that price if you enjoy games like Burnout Paradise and NFS Most Wanted, but I picked it up for £25 physical on the PS4, which you can still get in some places I believe.

Europe is still waiting for the Binding of Isaac Rebirth patch for PS4 and Vita that US got in December. It’s impossible to finish the game in its current state. What is happening with that?

Agreed. So frustrating.

ArmouredLukas 21 January, 2015 @ 12:47

PixelJunk™ Shooter Ultimate has no discounted price in the ps store

XtianHawkGamer 21 January, 2015 @ 12:48

Game of Thrones: 19.99 – 40% (with the extra 10%) = 11.99
Not bad. Definitely picking it up this weekend. :)

32.1

Actually it won’t it’s £12.59.
You can’t just add percentages like that it works more like this:
30% discount is 70% of the original price so 0,7 and 10% discount is 90% of the original price.
So 0,70*0,90=0,63.
Which makes it 37% discount.

XtianHawkGamer 21 January, 2015 @ 13:50
32.2

Lol ok ur the math genius.

No discount on borderlands vita? Surprised its not 5 quid by now

Definitely going to get Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris with season pass but i’m waiting for friday so i can get the additional 10% off making it total of 60% off :P

I doubt it will be 60%, more like 10% discount after the 50%.

34.2

Nope just answer this for yourself if you get a 60% discount and then 40% discount does that make it free?

34.3

Yes, Rochala… …you are right, my bad.

Probably going to get Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris but i’m waiting until friday so i can get additional 10% off so i can get total of 60% off.

35.1

Great game! Personally, I bought the “Gold Edition” because I’d rather have a disc-based version (plus it also includes the Season Pass). And it’s also a great co-op game; both online and offline! Hope you’ll enjoy it (with friends)!

35.2

Well, i’m still think about it as it’s going to be only a single player game for me because i have only one controller and i don’t have PS Plus so i won’t be able to play online co-op… …is it still worthy game for single player experience?

35.3

Like you, I usually play by myself. And I do not regret my purchase of “Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.” While I do get that the game would be more fun in co-op, I still have a lot of fun when playing it by myself. :)

Show more replies

Only a few interesting deals this time. The only thing I am really thinking about buying is Pier Solar… but I was waiting for the Dreamcast-version for that one. What to do…?

Also, if SCEE can’t keep any promises, then why do they keep making them? Or why do people keep believing them? They were saying both Suikoden and Suikoden II would be released this week, but that won’t happen. They said that Counter-Strike: Global Offense was coming, yet it never showed up. And the same goes with many other products that the North American PlayStation Store did get and we did not. I’m not surprised anymore.

And, I have learned that you shouldn’t buy stuff in the PlayStation Store at launch. Everything tends to get discounted only a few weeks later. So I’m all about the deals, now! The only things that I buy at full price are disc-based games that I really want.

Show full comment

One question, though, any chance we’ll get a discount on the PlayStation Vita-version of “Samurai Warriors 4” soon? I already bought the PlayStation 4-version when it released, and I am not keen on spending another €39,99 to get the same game on a different platform. I did buy the discounted version of “Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate” for PlayStation Vita about two weeks ago to go with my PS4-version, and that works like a charm! Keep those games coming, Koei Tecmo!

chilli021nick 21 January, 2015 @ 13:06

The Crew is currently showing up as $69.95 on the Aus store, is this an error as the article states the sale price is $54.95?

chilli021nick 21 January, 2015 @ 13:08

The Crew is currently showing a price of $69.95 on the Aus store, is this a mistake as the price stated in the article is $54.95?

chilli021nick 21 January, 2015 @ 13:10
38.1

Sorry dupe post :/

XCOM Enemy Within on PS4 please!!! Come on 2K, make it so.

Even better ( for me ) at Vita!

The crew has been £25 on Amazon for weeks. This price isn’t worth it (even non UK customers can have It shipped cheaper than this)

Just noticed the crew is only £30 on the store. So this halfarsed blog post still manages to be wrong

Any idea what happened to the plus discounts on the sale?

41.1

I think there is no ps plus discounts because you will get 10% off code anyways. seems logical

Where has the playstation plus discount gone from the January sale that supposedly doesn’t end til midnight I tried to buy some stuff yesterday only to have the store crash, so I thought that it would be okay cuz the sale continued into today only to find the ps plus discount gone sort it please this is not the first time stuff like this has happened in fact it’s getting beyond a joke!

42.1

The Plus discount often seems to disappear before the sale ends :(

God I’m tired of the EU PSN and it’s incompetent staff. Can’t even get a damn PS1 Classic ready, it’s been years since the Americans got the first!

43.1

Yup more than 6 years already! Another 2 weeks? enough is enough

Decent sale.

Going to wait till this fri for a 10% discount and grab Game of Thrones and Tales Of Borderland season passes!

DuquesneWhistle 21 January, 2015 @ 13:31

Yes, Never Alone! I’ve been waiting for a discount on that one!

howboutthisthen 21 January, 2015 @ 13:32

Any word on a release date for Pier Solar on the Vita yet?

BigPumpinBalls 21 January, 2015 @ 13:43

Very disappointed about the suikoden delay.

You need to stop removing the PS+ discount before the sales end..it’s pretty annoying. I was waiting to see today’s deals. I’d get HDN and Senran Kagura, but now that you went ahead and took away the PS+ discount from HDN i’ll only get SK or maybe not even any of them.

48.1

Same here. What a shame!

48.2

Same here. If they act this way, Im’m not going to buy anything. I spare my money. Thanks

Dammit all. None of those are good for me!

Deal of the week is £5 off the crew making it STILL more expensive than a hard copy and Suikoden delayed until February.. The fact Suikoden delayed obviously shows those guys who have to verify content from stores clearly don’t trust there US stores judgement and just allow the game. An absolute joke as both games were out in the US before Christmas so it just shows the kind of crappy staff that work at Sony EU store..

50.1

The EU is more complicated in terms of ratings and region expectations.
It’s annoying as the US speak MY language and we are now in the digital age but hey , these industries were here before the internet and that’s whats holding us all back.

50.2

@harrisown, pricing wise I agree, there’s going to be some differences – but when it comes to a discount I see no logical reason why it wouldn’t be reflected equally throughout regions. As an example, on The Crew its a 45% discount in AU, while in NZ it’s 18%. If regional costing is worked out for the RRP, it makes no sense to then then apply it again on the discount.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history