Posted

War declared! Helldivers do battle on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next month

Frantic alien-blasting multiplayer action hits PlayStation Store on 4th March

Arrowhead Game Studios in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today signed the Declaration of War between Super Earth and the intergalactic alien threats.

WE ARE NOW PREPARING FOR WAR.

With immediate effect from 4th March, 2015, Helldivers are to be dispatched to the front lines of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems.

The Federation has decided that the bug threat is becoming too great. Senator John W. Killjoy declared that “The bugs have been a plague in this galaxy for far too long, they must now be eradicated before they spread to other worlds.”

With the Helldiver troops spearheading the assault we are confident of success.

SUPER EARTH NOW CALLS FOR THE IMMEDIATE RECRUITMENT OF MORE HELLDIVERS.

hd_announce1

All hopes lie within the success of the Helldivers; the only chance for the survival of Super Earth, expect an action packed, cross-play, all out shooter.

As part of the elite unit, in the upcoming weeks we will provide further information about how YOU can prepare for this threat.

hd_announce2

WE REMIND YOU — FREEDOM NEVER SLEEPS

Make sure you are prepared for when 4th March arrives.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Cross-buy and/or Cross-save ?

European_Gamer 13 February, 2015 @ 5:55 pm

Both “HELLDIVERS™ features cross-play and cross-save.”

Are you sure about this? It says nothing like that here, unless I missed it somehow, also you say both but I am asking for Cross-buy not Cross-play.

Well, everything is actually quite blurry on this one.
    From eu page: “Get more for your money with Cross-Buy – purchase this game for PlayStation 4 and receive the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions at no extra cost.” (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/helldivers-ps4/)
    And from us page: “Coming exclusively to PS4™, PS3™, and PS Vita systems in 2014, HELLDIVERS™ features cross-play and cross-save.” (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/helldivers-ps4/)

I really hope that someone will come to explain this mess.

@Novurdim.
    Well… Cross-Play means you can play with players from different platforms online. I have a PS4 and in an online match I can play with someone who has a PS3 or vita.
    Cross-Save is when you can carry your save game from platform to another platform. I have a PS4 and a Vita. I can just continue the same game on any of the platforms.
    Cross buy means once you get it for a platform you get for all. Assuming the PS4 version is the most expensive, you get access to all other platforms.

@iARDAs
    You kinda missed a point. I meant that european and american official pages contradict each other so we can’t know for sure that it will be cross-buy. But we would really like to and as such it would be nice for someone to take their time and explain to us, why the official pages of this game are a bit of a mess.

Patrik_Lasota 14 February, 2015 @ 3:22 pm

Hi Everyone! Helldivers is indeed cross-play (meaning that all 3 PS platforms can play with each other), cross-save (meaning you can transfer your save to other PS consoles), and even cross-talk (allowing for voice communication for everyone).

The game will also be cross-buy. If you buy it on PS4 you get it on PS VITA as well.

Lainer130 17 February, 2015 @ 8:57 pm

Not to be a super pain/dense but does that cross buy bit apply to all 3 playstation systems or just PS4 and Vita? I know some software in the past has only covered 2 with cross buy despite being available on all 3.

Yes! Been waiting for this, and it still looks awesome.

Carlo_Marx 13 February, 2015 @ 4:10 pm   3

HURRRAAAAAAAAAAY!

Passionatefaith 13 February, 2015 @ 4:16 pm   4

Platinum i hope for this looks great been looking forwards to when this was gonna drop for a while now 🙂

SuperJag86 13 February, 2015 @ 4:19 pm   5

This looks cool. I’ve been looking forward to it for ages so it’s good to see it’ll be out soon.
I do hope it’s cross-buy too.

Can’t wait!
Is this s plus game though? March 4th just happens to be the plus update day…

madmanwithabox12 13 February, 2015 @ 4:29 pm   7

Can’t wait for this game. It looks awesome. I love that you’ve gone all-out on the Starship Troopers vibes, that promo was awesome. Makes me want to see that film again haha.

ArchangelMike 13 February, 2015 @ 8:51 pm

Yeah I’m also loving the whole tongue in cheek starship troopers vibe. I also loved Dead Nation and have been wanting a similar type of game.

Malin Hedström 19 February, 2015 @ 8:13 pm

Thanks! Like most of our titles, this game too is inspired by books, movies and other games that we’ve really loved, growing up.

lumoplusjess 13 February, 2015 @ 4:33 pm   8

Been waiting ages for a release date on this. Can’t wait!
Definitely a day one purchase.

Been waiting ages for this. Hurry up next month as day one purchase for me (unless it has a ridiculous digital price)

frimo_online 13 February, 2015 @ 4:42 pm   10

Been hyped for this since it was announced, Looking good! Hoping for some cross play to get some Vita and PS3/4 playing together locally. Release date looks suspiciously like this is going to be a Plus title, but if not, you will have my money anyway!

MrSabuhudo 14 February, 2015 @ 3:06 pm

cross-play is confirmed! 🙂

Malin Hedström 19 February, 2015 @ 8:15 pm

Thank you! We’re quite hyped to release it now I can easily say 😀
    There will be full cross play, cross save and cross chat between PS3, PS4 and VITA.

supersmith2500 13 February, 2015 @ 4:53 pm   11

4th March? May likely become a IGC title. Just watch this. 🙂

ummagummachild 13 February, 2015 @ 5:18 pm   12

Screenshots looks stunning. Its THE game which make me excited post #freedomwars, the only difference is that #freedomwars was #psvita exclusive. But that doesn’t deter me from buying this as soon as it’s available on discount….way to go #psvita

TrueMurton 13 February, 2015 @ 6:17 pm   13

Been waiting in this for ages, release date but no price though, makes me wonder what’s going on.

Is it a surprise plus title?
Is it another massive price hike over the US release?
Is it just an indie dev playing safe because SCEE have a habit of posting the wrong price on the store then sticking with the wrong price and causing said indie dev a headache when people ask why it isn’t the promised price.

I guess we find out on the 4th.

ArchangelMike 13 February, 2015 @ 8:52 pm

Yeah, I’m wodnering about the price as well. Ican;t see this being offered as a PS+ game though. Not for another 4-6 months at least.

bluemoon1987 13 February, 2015 @ 7:21 pm   14

Surely in line to be the main ps4 game for ps+ in March? Another excellent choice if so.

nulenvoid 13 February, 2015 @ 8:46 pm   15

I know that music, anyone able to shed light on what it’s from?

howboutthisthen 13 February, 2015 @ 9:22 pm   16

Does it have a single player campaign?

I think i read somewhere that it does, not 100% sure about that though.

Malin Hedström 20 February, 2015 @ 9:39 am

There is no real difference in the singleplayer and mulitlayer campaign. You will get auto-reinforce (respawn) though. It might be a little harder to play alone, depending if your friends usually help, or shoot you in the back 😉

P4NCH0theD0G 14 February, 2015 @ 12:21 am   17

So very much looking forward to this one. Finally some fun Bug Hunting 😀

WitheredBlossom 14 February, 2015 @ 8:41 am   18

I’ve been waiting too long for this game and now I am really looking forward to playing this game with my friends. Bring in the pain! Can’t come soon enough.

Seishoujyo 14 February, 2015 @ 3:04 pm   19

This looks like Starship Troopers the game, I love it and wanna play it of course, great choice Arrowhead.

Malin Hedström 20 February, 2015 @ 9:43 am

Thanks! We’re very hyped to release it now!
    Our games are usually inspired by movies, books and games that we love at the studio. Of course Starship Troopers was one of our inspirational sources, but ‘man vs bug’ is a fairly old concept that can’t be credited to Starship Troopers alone 🙂

MrSabuhudo 14 February, 2015 @ 3:10 pm   20

I would be sooooo happy if this was free for PS+ in March!! All my friends are cheap, so they wouldn’t buy it just to play online with me 😀

Can I play single player? I don’t have any friends and if I did they wouldn’t have PSVs.

Malin Hedström 20 February, 2015 @ 9:48 am

You can play singleplayer or multiplayer as you wish, and the game has full cross-play between PS3, PS4 and VITA, and supports any mix of local or online play between them.

Helldivers at heart is a cooperative game and we strongly encourage players to play together. By default your game is open to other players and you can even request help using the Emergency Beacon Stratagem. There are several mechanics supporting cooperation, such as heavy weaponry assisted reload and multi-seat vehicles.

Can’t wait to accidentally kill my teammates in friendly fire when s#@t hits the fan!! 😀

dieselakita 17 February, 2015 @ 4:15 pm   23

its got that diablo look to me which is a pc game so not for me

anunnakid 17 February, 2015 @ 8:06 pm   24

Do you want to know more?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

This has been on my top ten list last year and again this year so it will most certainly be a day one purchase for me and I’m even getting a few of my friends over for a little launch party. Thanks for the update. My first game purchase for 2015 to boot. :o)

Malin Hedström 19 February, 2015 @ 3:51 pm   26

We have a Q&A going over att the PS Helldivers forum where we devs will reply to any questions we can =)
Have a look for more info!

I guess the publishers will get greedy and charge USD$19.99 and Europe €19.99 . Those crazy 1-1 exchange rates.
I really want this game but ill wait for sale or Ps plus if they charge us extra over the US.

Quick question?

Will you discriminate against everybody outside of North America and charge them more for digital content which is the choice by the developer who sets the price which is not set by Sony PSN.
Or will you set the price by current global exchange rates ? If its the second then i will by if not I will just forward your company info and grievance to the european commission of consumer rights.

Thank you and good luck with your game