War declared! Helldivers do battle on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next month

Frantic alien-blasting multiplayer action hits PlayStation Store on 4th March

Arrowhead Game Studios in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today signed the Declaration of War between Super Earth and the intergalactic alien threats.

WE ARE NOW PREPARING FOR WAR.

With immediate effect from 4th March, 2015, Helldivers are to be dispatched to the front lines of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems.

The Federation has decided that the bug threat is becoming too great. Senator John W. Killjoy declared that “The bugs have been a plague in this galaxy for far too long, they must now be eradicated before they spread to other worlds.”

With the Helldiver troops spearheading the assault we are confident of success.

SUPER EARTH NOW CALLS FOR THE IMMEDIATE RECRUITMENT OF MORE HELLDIVERS.

hd_announce1

All hopes lie within the success of the Helldivers; the only chance for the survival of Super Earth, expect an action packed, cross-play, all out shooter.

As part of the elite unit, in the upcoming weeks we will provide further information about how YOU can prepare for this threat.

hd_announce2

WE REMIND YOU — FREEDOM NEVER SLEEPS

Make sure you are prepared for when 4th March arrives.

40 Comments
5 Author replies

Cross-buy and/or Cross-save ?

European_Gamer 13 February, 2015 @ 17:55
1.1

Both “HELLDIVERS™ features cross-play and cross-save.”

Are you sure about this? It says nothing like that here, unless I missed it somehow, also you say both but I am asking for Cross-buy not Cross-play.

Well, everything is actually quite blurry on this one.
From eu page: “Get more for your money with Cross-Buy – purchase this game for PlayStation 4 and receive the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions at no extra cost.” (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/helldivers-ps4/)
And from us page: “Coming exclusively to PS4™, PS3™, and PS Vita systems in 2014, HELLDIVERS™ features cross-play and cross-save.” (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/helldivers-ps4/)

I really hope that someone will come to explain this mess.

Show more replies

Yes! Been waiting for this, and it still looks awesome.

HURRRAAAAAAAAAAY!

Passionatefaith 13 February, 2015 @ 16:16

Platinum i hope for this looks great been looking forwards to when this was gonna drop for a while now :)

This looks cool. I’ve been looking forward to it for ages so it’s good to see it’ll be out soon.
I do hope it’s cross-buy too.

Can’t wait!
Is this s plus game though? March 4th just happens to be the plus update day…

madmanwithabox12 13 February, 2015 @ 16:29

Can’t wait for this game. It looks awesome. I love that you’ve gone all-out on the Starship Troopers vibes, that promo was awesome. Makes me want to see that film again haha.

7.1

Yeah I’m also loving the whole tongue in cheek starship troopers vibe. I also loved Dead Nation and have been wanting a similar type of game.

Malin Hedström 19 February, 2015 @ 20:13
7.2

Thanks! Like most of our titles, this game too is inspired by books, movies and other games that we’ve really loved, growing up.

Been waiting ages for a release date on this. Can’t wait!
Definitely a day one purchase.

Been waiting ages for this. Hurry up next month as day one purchase for me (unless it has a ridiculous digital price)

Been hyped for this since it was announced, Looking good! Hoping for some cross play to get some Vita and PS3/4 playing together locally. Release date looks suspiciously like this is going to be a Plus title, but if not, you will have my money anyway!

10.1

cross-play is confirmed! :)

Malin Hedström 19 February, 2015 @ 20:15
10.2

Thank you! We’re quite hyped to release it now I can easily say :D
There will be full cross play, cross save and cross chat between PS3, PS4 and VITA.

supersmith2500 13 February, 2015 @ 16:53

4th March? May likely become a IGC title. Just watch this. :)

ummagummachild 13 February, 2015 @ 17:18

Screenshots looks stunning. Its THE game which make me excited post #freedomwars, the only difference is that #freedomwars was #psvita exclusive. But that doesn’t deter me from buying this as soon as it’s available on discount….way to go #psvita

Been waiting in this for ages, release date but no price though, makes me wonder what’s going on.

Is it a surprise plus title?
Is it another massive price hike over the US release?
Is it just an indie dev playing safe because SCEE have a habit of posting the wrong price on the store then sticking with the wrong price and causing said indie dev a headache when people ask why it isn’t the promised price.

I guess we find out on the 4th.

13.1

Yeah, I’m wodnering about the price as well. Ican;t see this being offered as a PS+ game though. Not for another 4-6 months at least.

Surely in line to be the main ps4 game for ps+ in March? Another excellent choice if so.

It will without a doubt be a PS+ title in March.

I know that music, anyone able to shed light on what it’s from?

howboutthisthen 13 February, 2015 @ 21:22

Does it have a single player campaign?

I think i read somewhere that it does, not 100% sure about that though.

Malin Hedström 20 February, 2015 @ 09:39
16.2

There is no real difference in the singleplayer and mulitlayer campaign. You will get auto-reinforce (respawn) though. It might be a little harder to play alone, depending if your friends usually help, or shoot you in the back ;)

So very much looking forward to this one. Finally some fun Bug Hunting :D

WitheredBlossom 14 February, 2015 @ 08:41

I’ve been waiting too long for this game and now I am really looking forward to playing this game with my friends. Bring in the pain! Can’t come soon enough.

This looks like Starship Troopers the game, I love it and wanna play it of course, great choice Arrowhead.

Malin Hedström 20 February, 2015 @ 09:43
19.1

Thanks! We’re very hyped to release it now!
Our games are usually inspired by movies, books and games that we love at the studio. Of course Starship Troopers was one of our inspirational sources, but ‘man vs bug’ is a fairly old concept that can’t be credited to Starship Troopers alone :)

I would be sooooo happy if this was free for PS+ in March!! All my friends are cheap, so they wouldn’t buy it just to play online with me :D

Can I play single player? I don’t have any friends and if I did they wouldn’t have PSVs.

Malin Hedström 20 February, 2015 @ 09:48
21.1

You can play singleplayer or multiplayer as you wish, and the game has full cross-play between PS3, PS4 and VITA, and supports any mix of local or online play between them.

Helldivers at heart is a cooperative game and we strongly encourage players to play together. By default your game is open to other players and you can even request help using the Emergency Beacon Stratagem. There are several mechanics supporting cooperation, such as heavy weaponry assisted reload and multi-seat vehicles.

Can’t wait to accidentally kill my teammates in friendly fire when s#@t hits the fan!! :D

its got that diablo look to me which is a pc game so not for me

Do you want to know more?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

This has been on my top ten list last year and again this year so it will most certainly be a day one purchase for me and I’m even getting a few of my friends over for a little launch party. Thanks for the update. My first game purchase for 2015 to boot. :o)

Malin Hedström 19 February, 2015 @ 15:51

We have a Q&A going over att the PS Helldivers forum where we devs will reply to any questions we can =)
Have a look for more info!

I guess the publishers will get greedy and charge USD$19.99 and Europe €19.99 . Those crazy 1-1 exchange rates.
I really want this game but ill wait for sale or Ps plus if they charge us extra over the US.

Quick question?

Will you discriminate against everybody outside of North America and charge them more for digital content which is the choice by the developer who sets the price which is not set by Sony PSN.
Or will you set the price by current global exchange rates ? If its the second then i will by if not I will just forward your company info and grievance to the european commission of consumer rights.

Thank you and good luck with your game

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.