PlayStation Plus: Your March Content Update

Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Counterspy and Sherlock Holmes also join the service

Hi everyone! It’s that time of the month again when we update you on all the goodies coming your way courtesy of PlayStation Plus. We’re bringing you a great mix of titles this month so let’s not waste any more time and crack on with the details!

New PlayStation 4 Content for March:

First up this month on PS4, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. Explore ancient ruins, dodge carnivorous beasts and avoid trigger-happy hunting parties as Abe, the original Oddworld hero in this lovingly re-crafted take on PlayStation classic Abe’s Oddysee.

Once a happy floor waxer in Oddworld’s biggest meat processing plant, Abe stumbles across his boss’s secret plan to turn the factory’s slave labour force into the latest in the RuptureFarms Tasty Treats line of novelty meat snacks. Abe now has to save his own skin from the grinders even if simply escaping the flesh farm is only the start of his Oddysee.

Next up, a story of love and crossed destinies in a world torn apart. In Valiant Hearts: The Great War, the lives of all the characters are inextricably drawn together over the course of the game. Friendship, love, sacrifice, and tragedy befall each one as they help each other to retain their humanity against the horrors of war.

New PlayStation 3 Content for March:

First up this month on PS3 enter the story of a young boy, Quico, and his best friend, Monster in Papo and Yo. Monster is a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth, but that doesn’t scare Quico away from playing with him. Build your friendship with Monster by solving puzzles together and adventuring through a magical, surrealist world. You will need to learn to use Monster’s emotions, both good and bad, to your advantage if you want to complete your search for a cure and save your pal.

Next up is your chance to step into the shoes of the legendary Sherlock Holmes using your detective talents to six thrilling cases including murders, missing persons, spectacular thefts and numerous investigations that sometimes lead you into the realms of the fantastic.

The great freedom of action in Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments allows you to conduct your investigations in the manner you deem appropriate. Choose the leads you wish to pursue, interrogate your suspects and, from your deductions, name the guilty parties… and determine their fate wisely, as surprising consequences may arise where you least expect them.

New PS Vita Content for March:

First up this month the sequel to a monster PS VITA / PS3 title which we can’t get enough of at PlayStation. OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood has a stunning new look, plucking you from the street and dropping you squarely in the middle of the big screen’s most bodacious cinematic locations.

The sequel boasts all new Ramps and Epic Hills allowing for monster air and multi-route levels. Furthermore, OlliOlli 2’s combo system has been expanded. The joy of Manuals, Reverts, Revert Manuals and Grind Switching giving you more control and expression than ever before.

Finally, CounterSpy is up for grabs. Take on the role of a spy working for the C.O.U.N.T.E.R. agency and use your espionage and combat skills to infiltrate the lairs of two global forces – each with their own dastardly plans to nuke the moon from orbit. As the warring superpowers face off in this twisted space race, jump into action to stealthily sabotage their devious schemes and maintain world peace.

As CounterSpy is Cross Buy, you can pick up this dangerously addictive title across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, enjoy!

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:
4th March: Apotheon
4th March: Transistor
4th March: Thief
4th March: Yakuza 4
4th March: Rogue Legacy (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
4th March: Kick and Fennick

Entering PS Plus:
4th March: Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
4th March: Valiant Hearts
4th March: Papo and Yo
4th March: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
4th March: OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood (PS4/PS Vita)
4th March: CounterSpy (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

427 Comments
0 Author replies

First!

1.1

That’s it though? No apology? No explanation for the delay? While the choice of games is overall pretty good (olliolli 2 and Papo and Yo in particular), an acknowledgement that the announcement was late and some kind of explanation would have been nice.

You man, god how i wish i could be first……..

1.3

Man are gamers entitled these days or what?

Show more replies

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

2.1

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

2.2

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

2.3

>>I dont like this meme.

Show more replies
CitizenEldar 03 March, 2015 @ 19:33

Counter Spy is cool. I recommend.

3.1

Thank you for your recommendation. I shall return my feedback here once I have tried it out.

3.2

@CitizenEldar: Having spent about 4hrs playing this, I really love the look, and the music of the game. The leader board system, and the way you climb up it: It’s quite unique to me as I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

I must also point out that there are some frustrating game play elements about the game. For me, I normally encountered this when it came to making the decision between a stealth strategy and a ‘guns blazing strategy’. As I unlock different elements of the game, it becomes a lot easier to get through these decisions.

I’m still to fully complete it, but so far it’s one of those that isn’t a bad addition to anyone’s Plus games collection. I’ll say it’s an enjoyable game but do expect some gamers frustration once in a while.

Charliesauce 03 March, 2015 @ 19:33

It’s finally here! I haven’t picked up any of these…and a brand new title for FREE. Well done PlayStation the wait was worth it.

I walked out the grocery with a bag full of FREE food! The cashier took £40, but that’s ok, it’s not like I paid for anything. Playstation Plus logic, sigh.

4.2

Well there are 12months in a year so by your analogy you just paid less than £4 for £40 of shopping.

Hey, supvic, if you wanted to BUY all of these games, it’d set you back more than £86.50!

Show more replies
sailorcuecas 03 March, 2015 @ 19:34

Vita got shafted as has been the norm lately.

olliolli2 looks sweet

5.2

Have you played counterspy? Vita didn’t get shafted. I’d argue that vita got the best games this month.

5.3

Agreed with Johnny. I’ve played none of them, but watching gameplay videos just now, Vita has got a great line up. PS4 too.

Poor PS3…

Show more replies

Nearly all of these were in recent sales…..

I think you meant; Nearly none of these were in recent sales, seeing as how only two of them have been recently on sale.

Great games for this month though, I haven’t played any of them and I’ve been considering purchasing multiple of them in the past but didn’t and I’m glad I waited.

So Valiant hearts, counterspy, Oddworld and Sherlock holems have all had discounts in the last few months. That makes 4 out of 6. Olli Olli 2 is new and I’m not sure about Papo and yo-but yes 4 out of 6 is closer to nearly all than nearly none

You do know that Playstation Europe have multiple sales each month, where new ones replace the older ones every two weeks? Therefore, those sales you are thinking about were not “recent”, on the contrary, they’re pretty old. Have it not been for the frequent sales, I would’ve agreed with you. But the recent ones I can remember had only Oddworld and Valiant Hearts. CounterSpy and Sherlock were in older sales.

Show more replies
Max500600_NL 03 March, 2015 @ 19:35

Sure took you guys a while but I think we can be statisfied as Plus subscribers this month. Can you maybe shine a tiny light on why the announcement got delayed? Just curious.

Max500600_NL 03 March, 2015 @ 19:36
7.1

Oh hey, the link says “dishonored”. Guessing that was the problematic title. It was one awesome game though!

7.2

good eye Max500600_NL, good eye
now we know

igotinfectified 03 March, 2015 @ 19:52
7.3

nice catch!

Show more replies

Absolute trash from a PS3 POV. You should be embarrassed.

Ikr this is the first month in some time its PS3 getting the worst games xD ps4 is actually quite decent

Time to move on. You’re doing yourself a favor by getting a PS4, I can guarantee you.

Sadodee if u buy me one i will take it

Show more replies
igotinfectified 03 March, 2015 @ 19:36

Great lineup! Papa & Yo: played it on PC, great experience! OlliOlli2: been pretty hyped for this one! Valiant Hearts: been holding off of buying it because I thought it might come to PS+, gg! The rest are quite interesting aswell. Good job on this one, Sony!

Such a shame that both Valiant Hears AND Oddworld are not crossplay given both are on Ps3 also (Valiant Hearts on right now and Oddworld coming soon this month). Still a nice selection

10.1

If you use the app on your phone to “buy” odd world, it’ll appear in your download list. Provided it’s cross buy when released on the ps3 you should be able to grab it on release.

Why is Dishonored in the link :(.

Oddworld and both vita games for me.
Okay month!

apologize not accepted sony
try harder
your not doing good

DieFliedermouse 03 March, 2015 @ 19:57
12.1

They didn’t apologise, so you can’t reject anything. Plus you don’t have a leg to stand on. The announcement was late, but the games themselves were on time. Why don’t you keep quiet and take your seat at the kids table, junior.

NorthernFusion 03 March, 2015 @ 19:37

Great selection, worth it for OlliOlli 2 alone, I’d say.

4 of 6 game names i never heard of

14.1

Which is all the more reason to try them and be pleasantly surprised. Counterspy comes across like a bond movie directed by Pixar.

14.2

They are all great :D

Yay, that was a long wait. Not a bad selection, really glad i own zero for once. Cheers Sony, pitty it was spoiled by the lack of information regarding the delay. Never mind though, no harm done i suppose.

This line up isn’t the worst. Sure they could have explained the delay but I am happy with olliolli 2 and oddworld :D

Great update! Why do people complain about everything. If it’s not the content it’s the announcement was too late. Wow people. They don’t even need to announce it. You can just wait till the day and open up the store to check yourself. Much more exciting stuff.

4 PS4 games?Damn

Already got Valiant Hearts and Oddwolrd. Amazing month

Definitely not worth all the hype because of the secrecy…

My only hope for this month is Counterspy.

20.1

You really should give ‘Valiant Hearts’ a go if you haven’t already.

X_Blood_Curse_X 03 March, 2015 @ 19:38

Any chance of Vita owners getting an actual Vita game? Instead of some cross-buy after-thought to pad out the PS4 library?

No Helldivers, no La Mulana Ex. I’m amazed THIS is what has taken so long, genuinely let down.

X_Blood_Curse_X 03 March, 2015 @ 20:03
21.1

Seriously is the Vita just gonna get cross-buy games & games like The Hungry Horde, Metrico & Woah Dave from now on? Stop using the Vita as a dumping ground.

As far as I’m concerned you guys should have coughed up some money for La Mulana, because as far as Vita games go I dont know what you’re doing with all the money you make from PS+

CleverTwigboy 03 March, 2015 @ 20:34
21.2

Clearly it’s a plot to drive Vita owners into despair! Upupupupu! ʕ´•㉨•`ʔ
Graduate to get better Vita PS+ games? That’s a new low, even for that bear :v

21.3

Hope always beats despair! ^3^

So what happened to Dishonored? ;)

22.1

I’m guessing territory issues. They’ve cited that as the reason it’s not been on Plus before.

Ugh those ps4 games…booring

Really a shame that games are being devalued so much.

Games would retain their value much more in a world without PlayStation Plus.

Nice selection of games by the way.

But really, the game devaluation is a real issue. Now on any platform you can’t make a purchase without having the game drop or free on PS+ in a price and lose its perceived value and the price some people paid for it.

Except maybe on Nintendo platfroms. But I have no interest in those. And while games retain their value there, the initial price is often too high for me imo.

24.2

games have value when one plays them…

You are weird Cryske. Another whine how Plus devalues games. Followed by a whine that the only place of your knowledge without such devalued games, is actually too expensive for your taste.

We should probably be grateful that you didn’t discover how cheap games can be on the PC. As in the Humble Bundles, for example.
Oh and in case that you didn’t know yet: Games on iOS and Android tend to cost cents, while the same games might cost >15€ on Playstation.

So please, stop complaining and just act like a mature customer.

Show more replies
dark_angel69 03 March, 2015 @ 19:38

Nice list. Not quite the best but at least that’s a full list I wouldn’t mind playing. Out of all them games, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty is the one I’m looking forward to playing the most.

TheShiftayOne 03 March, 2015 @ 19:38

Better late than never, I guess. A solid list, shame I already own four of them. Still, looking forward to OlliOlli 2 and then I can wait until next month.

I absolutely adored Valiant Hearts, warmly recommended to anyone who has not played it yet. Rest also seems pretty solid, good month to have PS+!

27.1

Good. I highly recommend it too.

So Dishonored was the problem, since it’s still in the link. Wonder what happened, would have thought these deals would be signed well in advance

Fantastic update!

I am very upset. How can i trust in a company that cant follow the rules imposed by them.
u said the info was going to come the last Wendsday of the month! This is the second time u fail.
Im a ps3 user and only ps3 so im payng just for this service that it is becoming worst and worst day by day.

DieFliedermouse 03 March, 2015 @ 19:59
30.1

Ok, best you cancel your sub then. Goodbye we’ll miss you. Off you go.

30.2

TBH, you have to expect the PS+ for PS3 to get worse as time goes on. PS3 users are no longer a priority. Want a better deal? Buy a PS4! That’s the message Sony are sending

30.3

@ElDonn: Unfortunately the best days of PS Plus are well behind us now.

How long have you been a subscriber? Have you cleared your backlog? I know that even when I don’t have anything of interest, I still have plenty of past plus games to dig into.

Either way, you can’t win with PS Plus. I have a PS3, I got a PS4 last December and the only game that I found worthwhile was ‘Infamous first light’. Every other PS4 plus game has been pretty ‘meh’.

amazing. second great month in a row

Great list of games this month for me personally, only let down slightly by the lack of communication on Sony’s end, but i’ll get over that by playing Sherlock Holmes :D
Enjoy your games everyone!

halfaworldaway 03 March, 2015 @ 19:40

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh

HentayHinata 03 March, 2015 @ 19:40

Why Sherlock Holmes or Thief for PS4 not for PS3 next time?
We want KNACK or Killzone! We want only one game instead of two indiegames.
Xbox won this month with Rayman LEGENDS.

I disagree and would rate Valiant Hearts as a better game than Knack or Killzone. If you want Knack or Killzone so bad, you can find a physical copy quite cheap.

So please don’t speak for “us”, thank you.

DieFliedermouse 03 March, 2015 @ 20:00
34.2

No one wants Knack, so shut up.

Golovanov-UK 03 March, 2015 @ 20:06
34.3

You will never see Knack in Plus, because Sony applied 70+ Metacritic score for IGC, and Knack rating is 54.
Although, Sony can cheat and offer new unranked games (indie, mostly), and you receive such weak games as Secret Ponchos, for example.

Show more replies

i would say no ps+
see u next month
k thx bye

Hurrah for the PS3 games and Counterspy (I already have Valiant Hearts) !!!

please chris get out with the green light and close from outside this is awfull.
THX FOR THE APOLOGIES BY THE WAY

DieFliedermouse 03 March, 2015 @ 20:00
37.1

Didn’t even remotely make sense, but thanks for trying.

Why does the url say Dishonored? That would be much better than sherlock tbh

Shankelstoff 03 March, 2015 @ 19:41

Great list!
It more than makes up for the delay imo :) <3

Well, I don’t have any of these games at least. Interested in Valiant Hearts, I was debating buying that recently so that’s nice. Not a hugely exciting line-up though, was sort of expecting a little more given the delay in revealing them, or maybe a peek into what’s coming up in the next few months like was done in November.

A good selection but I already own most of these, yet again.

Sherlock is great, I’d recommend people at least give it a try. First person mode is greatly superior in that by the way, third feels very clunky.

Why do I even keep hoping that a real new generation game will come

fps_d0minat0r 03 March, 2015 @ 20:11
42.1

Because thats the only reason people were ok with PS+ being forced on PS4.
We thought the games would improve if there were more of us paying.

42.2

Thief last month, Sherlock this month. Both on PS3, both would have been great for PS4. Meanwhile, games with gold got their first AAA game this month for xbone.
I remember a time when PS Plus was awesome!

42.3

@Helrain: I know. March 3rd 2015, great isn’t it!

It says Dishonored in the URL. I guess we know which deal went south. :)

warensembler83 03 March, 2015 @ 22:15
43.1

Thankfully. I got Dishonored for the 360 some time ago and it was pretty boring.

DarkArchoNx66 04 March, 2015 @ 05:11
43.2

Seriously??Dishonored is an incredible game, a game I had a blast playing on my way for the platinum. I am still relieved it’s not coming to plus since this is my last month but it is a great nonetheless.

Btw I bought dishonored at the first months after it came out on the January sale for the less than 30 euros(don’t remember exactly), just a month before I subscribed to plus for the first time. And I never regretted it.

Decent month! Particurlarly happy for Sherlock Holmes : Crimes & Punishments
I wonder by what Dishonored was replaced though!

Why do publishers want us to play the graphic whise lesser version of their game, first Thief and now Sherlock. I still have my PS3 and will play these games and will never buy them on PS4 because I have played them.

45.1

I agree. I’m happy that we got both (especially Sherlock Holmes) but I’d rather have got them on PS4.

counterUAVbaby 03 March, 2015 @ 22:08
45.2

I prefer more people to play these games, so Ps3 is a wiser choice.

A shame about the usual PR situation – no explanation, apology for the delay or even acknowledgment of the fact that things didn’t go to plan this month. No dates mentioned above either, so I hope we’ll get these tomorrow as usual, and that hasn’t been put back as well.

However, the mix of games is pretty good this month. Valiant Hearts and CounterSpy for me – glad I didn’t pick these up on release now.

Games are already free in the US Store so they will be available tomorrow for the EU

DieFliedermouse 03 March, 2015 @ 20:09
46.2

Erm, it quite clearly says the games are entering Plus in the 4th. So there’s been no delay in anything other than the announcement. The phrase “No harm, no foul” should come to mind, but no. Poor babies.

46.3

What delay? We will get the games as scheduled. Doesn’t really matter when they announce them, you won’t get them earlier…

Show more replies

Oddworld, Papo and Yo and Valiant Hearts for me! Worth the wait.

CleverTwigboy 03 March, 2015 @ 19:43

One of these things is not like the others~ one of those things just doesn’t belooooong~ Can you tell me which thing is not like the others, before I finish this so-

It’s dishonored because it’s not actually on the list. :/

DuquesneWhistle 03 March, 2015 @ 19:43

Great games. Sadly I already own Valiant, Oddworld and CounterSpy, all terrific games.

Sherlock Holmes was on my wishlist though, I would have liked it more on PS4 but that’s ok.

I hope we’ll get PS+ additional discounts tomorrow, I’m not much of an online gamer and I usually buy all games I’m interested in. So ps+ discounts are the main reason I’m a ps+ subscriber.

Bacon_Crispies 03 March, 2015 @ 19:43

Shame I already have Valiant Hearts and Papa & Yo, the rest look ok, i’ll give them a go but I hope April turns out better

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history