Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End coming Spring 2016

A note from directors Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann

Since we showed you our first gameplay reveal of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, more of the game and story have come together, and it’s become clear to us that this game is much more ambitious than we originally envisioned.

After spending so many years with Nathan Drake, he means a lot to the team, and telling the climactic chapter of his adventures is a task we don’t take lightly – this game deserves every bit of the attention to detail, precise pacing, and nuanced storytelling Naughty Dog is known for.

So we’ve made the difficult choice of pushing the game’s release date. Giving us a few extra months will make certain that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End not only meets the team’s high standards but the high standards that gamers have come to expect from a Naughty Dog title.

Thank you for your patience – we know the extra wait will be excruciating, but you’ll see it will be worth it as we reveal more about Uncharted 4 over the next year. The team at Naughty Dog will be heads down working through 2015 making sure that Nathan Drake’s story gets the closure it deserves. Come Spring 2016, you and Nate are in for one thrilling, emotional ride.

103 Comments
0 Author replies

Hope this is for the best

The-Lifeguard- 11 March, 2015 @ 13:16
1.1

With The Order 1886’s pacing issues and Batman, Witcher etc piping for GOTY, I’m not surprised!

Well thats a bummer …. wasnt this supposed to be THE exclusive for 2015 to fight tombraider on xbox ?

2.1

PS4 has no need to fight xbone. Also TR is a timed exclusive.

2.2

maybe tomb raider will be postponed as well :P

2.3

No, it was the other way around. Just makes things even funnier.

Show more replies

I think we were all hoping for this year, but still, hyped!!

First no Rise of the Tomb Raider and now Uncharted 4 is delayed till next year.
That’s… not so great.

residentSteve 11 March, 2015 @ 17:10
4.1

It’s not been delayed yet bet Microsoft are happy.

Oh well…

European_Gamer 11 March, 2015 @ 13:46
5.1

That will give us more time to focus on games like Persona 5 in the mean time.

Take your time to make this a great game :)

Gamesgbkiller 11 March, 2015 @ 13:07

Was expecting this, but on spring ?

That’s too soon.

Expected this would be the case.

bountyhunter_123 11 March, 2015 @ 13:07

So another holiday with nothing to play on PS4 for the 3rd straight year huh ?

9.1

Wild
Worlds Of Magic
Yakuza Zero
Ys
Zombie Vikings
+ Any Unannounced Games

(There are 162+ exclusive games coming to PS4 this year)

——————————————-

(These games are either fully PS4 Exclusive, PS4 Console Exclusive, Sony Console Exclusive, Sony Exclusive or Timed Exclusive)

(Feel free to use the list)

Show full comment

Wild
Worlds Of Magic
Yakuza Zero
Ys
Zombie Vikings
+ Any Unannounced Games

(There are 162+ exclusive games coming to PS4 this year)

——————————————-

(Feel free to use the list)

narvikgutten 11 March, 2015 @ 13:22
9.3

161 exclusives coming in 2015 tells otherwise

Show more replies
turbogeek421 11 March, 2015 @ 13:09

Good news! Better this than to push out a game full of bugs!

Oh great…. What will be the big exclusive for holiday 2015 now? Until Dawn?(lol)

narvikgutten 11 March, 2015 @ 13:16
11.1

Here is a list I made of all the exclusives coming to PS4 in 2015. We have a good year ahead of us :)

——————————————-

Tearaway Unfolded
The Banner Saga
The Dreamfall Chapters
The Forest
The Order: 1886
The Talos Principle

(Feel free to use the list)

narvikgutten 11 March, 2015 @ 13:17

Wild
Worlds Of Magic
Yakuza Zero
Ys
Zombie Vikings
+ Any Unannounced Games

(There are 161+ exclusive games coming to PS4 this year)

——————————————-

Wild
Worlds Of Magic
Yakuza Zero
Ys
Zombie Vikings
+ Any Unannounced Games

(There are 161+ exclusive games coming to PS4 this year)

——————————————-

narvikgutten 11 March, 2015 @ 13:21
11.3

My full list is awaiting moderation.

A part of my list is below

Show more replies
PlayingCasually 11 March, 2015 @ 13:13

Always in for a delay more than just rush a half baked game. Take the time you need, guys, and bring us the game you envisioned. :-)

Thank god I’ve got PS3 and I can play some good games! Every next gen/exclusive game is delayed and mediocre.Damn you HYPE! Anyways hope this is for the best and for the 60 fps!

Σωστός…

Unfortunate but if it is for the best. Insert Miyamoto-quote

14.1

“So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it’s great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn’t always go so well” This one?

dark_angel69 11 March, 2015 @ 13:15

It’s disappointing having to wait longer but for the game to be better, it will be worth the extra wait. Just a bit sad we won’t have it this year as it’s already bad enough not getting Tomb Raider.

Morpheus release game then?

Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 4 was the main weapon against the X1 this year.

How exactly will the PS4 be able to compete against Halo 5 and Tomb Raider during the holidays?

This game better be GOTY of all years ND…

17.1

Look at it this way. Sony has a steady stream of exclusives between now and the end of the year as well as multiplatform games.

Microsoft on the other hand have well have noting between now and September time. Then have 3 or 4 big titles in the last 3 months of the year.

I don’t know about you. But I rather have a steady stream of the year of exclusives and multiplatform titles rather than only multiplatform titles and having to wait another 5-6 months for the next exclusive title.

DuquesneWhistle 11 March, 2015 @ 14:47
17.2

I don’t really get all that “how will the PS4 compete against X1” stuff. Really, why should we care? It’s their problem! We don’t get paid if PlayStation does better than xbox. I do not own Sony, I do not work at Sony, none of my relatives has anything to do with Sony. Who cares how they compete with Microsoft?

Can we at least get the uncharted collection on ps4 soon?

BirdieYumYum 11 March, 2015 @ 13:21
18.1

I haven’t played any uncharted games as I moved from Xbox 360 to PS4 – so that would be awesome !!!!

DuquesneWhistle 11 March, 2015 @ 15:11
18.2

Yeah, that’s the reason for this delay, you’ll see.

18.3

@BirdieYumYum I also moved from Xbox 360 to PS4….have the same feeling as you :)

Show more replies
narvikgutten 11 March, 2015 @ 13:18

Well, Quantum Break was delayed too.

Sad to have to wait for it, but absolutely, take a year, or even two, as long as you make this game all it can be.

BirdieYumYum 11 March, 2015 @ 13:20
20.1

totally agree – take as long as it needs to get it right

Good decision you’ve made :)

isabelchantal 11 March, 2015 @ 13:21

So, in my opinion, it’s the right decision to change the release date. I prefer a nice, finished game (especially Uncharted) more than an fixed release date. I’m sure the game is worth waiting for.

I’m torn on this news – I was really really hoping this would be my GOTY 2015 and I’d play the hell out of it this winter. I knew that it was unlikely to release this year but I couldn’t help but be optimistic. Not releasing this year is therefore a disappointment especially since XB1 will have big releases like Halo 5 and Tomb Raider as exclusives. On the other hand though I am starting to like having games spread out throughout the year and this way I can look forward to a strong start to 2016 rather than the over stacked end of 2015. Plus it gives the team a lot more time to polish the hell out of it and make it the best Uncharted yet!

Think everyone saw this coming… and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

In Naughty Dog we trust!

Doesn’t bother me. I found Uncharted 3 boring and the multiplayer aspect detracted from it. The whole thing was a mess.

25.1

Curiously, Uncharted 3 was rushed.
But multiplayer was good.

residentSteve 11 March, 2015 @ 22:39
25.2

I liked U3 sp but I prefered the mp of U2 better than 3’s.

Probably not enough repetitive brick-throwing for Druckmann

DaytimeDreamer 11 March, 2015 @ 13:33

This will probably be the biggest game out yet for the PS4. It’s going to be massive. Naughty Dog wants to make sure everything is as it should be. Which is nothing sort of perfect. I say the extra time will be well worth waiting for.

I am quite disappointed to hear that the game had been delayed as its the title I bought my PS4 for.

But I do very much appreciate you taking the time to communicate this delay to your customers and fans very early, rather than waiting till almost release date to announce a delay.

So thankyou for that. If only the Sony blog admins could be as forthcoming with issues, and/or changes that affect the playstation services and products (wishful thinking…)

Look forward to playing when released, I just hope it has as stunning a single player experience as the previous titles as to be honest, I don’t really care for online multiplayer.

As the tagline says: Greatness Awaits. I don’t mind waiting a little longer for the best experience possible. It’s nice to know developers are willing to value substance as well as style when customers are shelling out $60+ for that experience. Carry on, Naughty Dog!

Hmm, ok but you better use the time wisely. No parties where you have Drake dancing around in his knickers onscreen……without inviting us that is (っ´▽`)っ

I’m so sick of delays. I don’t care what they are for. We all have deadlines to stick to. Why even bother announcing a date on the first place?

I´m afraid that Tomb Raider exclusive on XOne is for combat PS4 exclusives, but not the reverse way, but they cant do anything.

WuestenFuchss1 11 March, 2015 @ 13:52

good news. will be naughty dog’s next game of the year

Another next-gen title delayed. Let’s face it, people: we were duped into buying new consoles at least 18 months before they were ready. This latest postponement has been forecast for ages but they’ve waited for Bloodborne to arrive so people don’t stop to notice their dusty indie machines aren’t living up to the hype. If you’re not a Dark Souls guy or a Halo guy there’s absolutely no point buying in to ‘next-gen’ until at least 2016.

I’m ok with this. In fact, I applaud this decision! Way too often we’ve seen games rushed released full of bugs and glitches, just to make the release date. Naughty Dog, take your time and do it right!

i bet tomb raider will be delayed until 2016 because we have not seen any gameplay of it

I can’t deny that this sucks but i’m not at all surprised, games rarely hit there original release windows these days but it seems to be going from rarely to almost every time. Also you can guarantee that post after post will say they don’t mind, take as long as you like if it means a better game…zzzzzz but what i say to that is why can’t we have both a great game along with a reliable on target release date. I find it annoying getting on and off the hype train. I love gaming and i love all the build ups and hype that comes along with it and i just think delays kinda spoil it. Why can’t developers just hold off a while until they are 100% certain and aim a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter. I’m gearing up for Arkham Knight….again. Hopefully it stays on the track.

Naughty Dog have said that The Last of Us’ delay was the difference between it being a good game, and the success it actually was. So a slight delay is no problem for me at all, I’d even love to thank Naughty Dog for having enough respect for us that they’d be willing to delay their game for us, it’s great to have that developer and consumer trust.
Best of luck with all your projects ND, I have no doubt in knowing that you’ll deliver! :)

RossGeller1942 11 March, 2015 @ 15:22

Note to self: Don’t bother with the PS5 until a decent library is out.

So far nearly all the exclusives have been mediocre, and now the promised 2015 release of Uncharted is now 2016? GG. Still waiting for this ‘greatness’ Sony keeps going on about.

xXGlassArrowXx 11 March, 2015 @ 15:28

I’m not even mad. I have faith in Bruce,Neil and the naughty dog team.

I was skeptical this would make this year anyways so I’m not too bummed out – Uncharted is always worth the wait.

Just going to throw out my prediction that now that Uncharted 4 is comin in Spring that a complete collection will be out by the holidays. Calling it right now E3 2015 BABY!

43.1

that’s a fair prediction…

thatbasedgamer 11 March, 2015 @ 15:35

LOL! I knew this would happen, but i’m not complaining. Theres still a host of games to come this year, so i can wait.

Is anyone truly surprised? Insiders have been saying for months that it would be a 2016 release. Of course we all hoped for end of 2015, but the only thing that surprises me is that they announced it so soon. This tells me Naughty Dog knows exactly what they are doing, and aren’t rushing to get things finished for end of year only to delay it last minute.

Take your time. I want awesome!

Great , a whole year of spoilers to come to keep the marketing people busy.
I guess we’ll see all of the best moments at e3

rafaelopez29 11 March, 2015 @ 15:47

Well, hopefully the delay is for positive results…. >:/

Seriously… .

This is terrible. I bought a Delaystation 4. All the games I wanted have been terrible after they release. Watchdogs and the Order are prime examples. Uncharted 4 will be terrible, I just know it.

49.1

Impossible. Naughty Dog could design a game to be played on a cereal box and it would be a AAA blockbuster!

This is a shame. I hope to hear more soon on Ratchet and Clank. I mean if we don’t even have a single screenshot by April 2015, I can’t see it releasing this year, let alone the Summer as planned.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history