PS4 Update 2.50: codenamed “Yukimura”

Suspend/Resume and more

While developing PlayStation 4, our hardware and software teams relied on feedback from our great community of developers. The result is the most innovative and forward-thinking gaming console in the market today.

Since launch, PlayStation has continued that trend of listening to feedback by bringing some of the most highly requested features from PlayStation Nation to PS4 with each of our system software updates. When we unveiled PS4 two years ago, we announced Suspend/Resume, a feature that would enable PS4 users to jump in and out of their games faster than ever. This has been a feature gamers have been excited about since then, and today I am honoured to officially confirm that system software update 2.50, codenamed “Yukimura”, will soon deliver Suspend/Resume, as well as a number of other requested features to PS4.

Suspend/Resume will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DUALSHOCK 4 controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off*1. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing your games.

Check out some of the other highly requested, new features and changes coming soon in “Yukimura”:

• Sub-account to master account upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online.
  • Facebook friend search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PSN members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
  • Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps*2: The ability to customise the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura”. Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play.
  • Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make the PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colours on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DUALSHOCK 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
  • Trophy Improvements: We have received a tonne of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura”, a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
  • Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.

Stay tuned for more information on “Yukimura” and, as always, let us know in the comments how we can continue to improve PS4 to make it the best place to play.

*1 Dependant on software titles
*2 Supported devices need to enjoy Share Play and Remote Play features.

299 Comments
0 Author replies

I want to see external hard drive support as most peoples consoles are full with software, but it looks like it’s falling on deaf ears.

I have a 2TB HDD in my PS4. I have about 10 games installed and still 1.5TB of free space. It will last me most of this generation. Why do you want external HDD support when Sony provide you an option to upgrade.

The Xbox only has the option as you can’t upgrade it.

I also have a 2TB HDD and have nearly 90 games installed (including all plus games with around 15 being physical copies) and only have 700GB left so an external HDD would be much appreciated. I’ve bought nearly every big title since launch excluding sports games and most of the digital games on the store.

Also an external 3TB (or if you lucky 4TB on sale) sells for a similar price to a 2.5 inch 2TB drive so for guys who still have a 500gb its better to buy a 3-4TB HDD if the support was there.

@Lucreto You would want external HDD support so that you can transfer games easily if you ever needed a new console. Your PS4 goes caput and boom, all those downloaded games have to be redownloaded.

Show more replies

Sounds good! Now i hope there will be notifications when friends come online but i’m happy for now :D

Will it finally be possible to check the trophy list from a friend, without being forced to compare it with your own?

It’s not really fun, considering that it loads your own games first. And it gets worse, the more games you have played.

3.1

I wish it would synchronize automatically when you recieve a trophy.

3.2

Atleast the syncing doesn’t take ages like on ps3 sometimes..

Hell yeah! Finally Remote Play @ 60 FPS! ^_^

thepeppermintape 12 March, 2015 @ 00:12

Not bowled over by the fact many features that are just coming into play now were advertised before launch…. yet at the same time, what ya gonna do? That time has passed so might as well embrace the new features…. I forgive you
:op

5.1

I second this comment.

5.2

Step 1, learn how to wrote code and how to implement/test that code……
Step 2, apply for a job at Sony developing PS firmware
Step 3, stop moaning unless you can do it any better

Here endeth the lesson

5.3

No Toby1, that’s not how it works. Sony advertised the console with a plethora of features in feb 2013. Here we are over two years later and some of these features are just getting implemented.

To make it worse, Sony are abysmal communicators. There’s no public timetable for the missing features and updates come out of the blue.

Peppermint and iamdark are well within their rights to complain. It doesn’t matter if they can program firmware or not, they’re not the ones who were handed hundreds of pounds for a console that doesn’t have the features it was advertised to have nine months before it was even released.

Show more replies

Great update really excited about 60 fps share and suspend/resume. Is there any chance the PS4 will get backwards capabilities for PS1/PS2 disc based or PSN purchased games?

Allow me to answer that.
NO, why ? Simple, with Playstation NOW Sony can make pay a second time for those games you have, yes all company’s are greedy. PS4 has all the power avalable to emulate PS2 or PS1 but they wont give that us, it’s a shame since we have those discs and we can legally play those games on PS4.
That’s why I say that the best console was PS2, it could play PS1 games and make them look better and it we didn’t have to buy the games digitally because it accepted physical discs.

Coolbeanz

dark_angel69 12 March, 2015 @ 00:14

Looks nice. I’m looking forward to seeing the Suspend/Resume. With that trophy ability to remove 0%, will it remove 1%, 5% or even 10% or whatever or does it need to be games that have no trophies earned? I would like to see external hard drive support too

When could we be expecting Yukimura?

Will this update also fix the messages? It takes me over half an hour to receive message from friends now.

Will we be able to delete 0% trophies? Also, please let us remove demos from our libraries.

The answer is literally in the article.

9.2

A better sorting list overall everywhere infact

9.3

I’d be happy if they finally sorted out the whole issue with trophies posting to facebook aswell!

Great to finally see the suspend/resume feature! Is this all there is to the update as some of the leaked beta images showed ‘backing-up’ of the PS4 HDD.

In the next big update (probably 3.00) please add external HDD install’s for games. I installed a 2TB HDD at launch (1.75TB usable) and have 700GB left -.-

^i can only imagine how people with the stock HDD feel

10.2

You could delete a few games. I highly doubt you play all those games frequently.

I try to play most of my games to completion so the stay on the drive for quite a while as i dont get alot of time due to uni work. Everything that needs completing is played a little over 2-3 weeks and the cycle starts again :S. i also leave most of them on there so in the future they’ll still be there once PSN support for ps4 has gone (ie late into PS5 cycle). did the same with my two PS3’s (1tb) and have around 150 games on one and 100 on the other

Show more replies

And notifications on/off for friends?
Is it so much difficult to add that (basic) feature?

Ah forgot about that too, yeah that should be high in my list too! Maybe a favourites category too, as if you had 1000 friends, you may be getting notification non-stop!

DLNA?
As promised!
Like most of the planet I really don’t care about Facebook – I’d much rather be able to use files I already have .

12.1

This is the only other thing I really want from my PS4.
This update is good I guess bug it’s mostly fluff. I want my PS4 to be as feature rich as my PS3 was.

Kill_Frenzy86 13 March, 2015 @ 06:36
12.2

I fully agree! I used my ps3 as a mediacenter and loved it. I was flabbergasted when i found out ps4 didnt have the feature.
Dlna and friend notifications are on top of my wishlist!

Fantastic to see that suspend and resume is coming, highly looking forward to it.

However, it says it is dependant on the software title. Can this be expanded a little? Is it at the discretion of the developer to turn this on/off like share play is, or is it dependant on the features that the software title might depend on, such as online games requiring an Internet connection?

The other features are fantastic as well, and I’m sure some people are ecstatic at the inclusion of the accessibility features.

As for how it can be improved, can we use external drives to move software to? Even if it is just to transfer and not run games from, it would probably be handier than having to sort through the download list to find what you want and download it again. If it is possible to transfer games from an external drive, could it work like downloads do, where you can start as soon as the transfer hits a certain point?

Which brings me onto the download list itself. Please, can we have some sor...

Show full comment

Which brings me onto the download list itself. Please, can we have some sort of filters and sorting options in it. There’s a third party solution out there, and it makes the download list much much better. But it shouldn’t be necessary at all, to have to rely on an outside method to filter my download list by platform, or whether what titles I have from PS+ etc.

Please can you tell me the name of the 3rd party download list? I was considering writing to sony for a hard copy.

13.2

@Mulukh: it’s named PSDLE.

OMGod. You guys saved my life. Thanks for this convo revelation. Much love

Show more replies

Just to see when people log on would be nice

1. For us in the UK at least. The 4od (Channel 4 on demand) app, I remember it being on the PS3 but still hasn’t arrived to PS4 as of yet.

2. Opening up the library to classic games from the ps1/ps2 era… Not sure if you’re not doing this as it may deter from people signing up for Playstation Now, but I don’t want to rent, I just wanna a nostalgia trip of going to play classics like Crash and other classics from my childhood.

3. The ability to pin an app like the Youtube app on the home bar instead of it being in the video folder, granted it’s only 1 more second of my time to go down into the folder and click it. It would just be nice.

That’s all I can think of that I, personally, would like. Thanks team.

15.1

Yup, I definitely want to play PS1/PS2 games on PS4 (not over PS Now — hate streaming, hate rentals). I understand why PS3 isn’t possible, but emulation of PS1/PS2 *on the hardware* should be doable.

SuperFanBoyDave 14 March, 2015 @ 21:21
15.2

40ds ending soon and being replaced by a new service presumably ps4s gonna have the new service when it starts

about the trophy update , please make delete possible for games with at least 5% to 10 % , sometimes just finishing a tutorial for how to play a game or just customize something gives a trophy and it would be great if we dont end up liking that game to see it gone from our trophy list

Sereal_Killer 12 March, 2015 @ 08:59
16.1

they said they wont do this as it would compromise the integrity of trophies. I can understand that a little bit , i wouldnt mind an ability to hide them tho.

theodor70941 12 March, 2015 @ 11:20
16.2

What kind of games are you playing since you want to hide some of your trophies…?

Sereal_Killer 12 March, 2015 @ 11:49
16.3

lol i just meant as a way to get the half completed game off your list while not actualy deleting them.
I do hate those 0% trophies tho.

I have nothing to hide ……..

Show more replies

Nice but download list is a complete mess please give us some tools to just throw some [MODERATED] out en sorted the list a little bit it just too much.

Remote Play at 60fps sounds awesome!
Looking forward to Suspend and Resume and auto trophy syncing too!

Hoping the following can come to PS4 in the future:
-Folders!
-Media Playback (Videos/Music/Photos, etc.)
-External HDD/USB support
-Searching/Sorting for all downloaded titles/content associated with your account
-Perhaps a QR download code similar to the X1 can be implemented for use with the PS Camera?
-Not so sure whether this is a system or game software issue, but trophies unlocking on a 2nd player’s account in co op games never seems to happen, but I hear some games do, but I don’t know what the issue is here.
-An idea of mine here, but I know on Sky, its possible to make recorded/downloaded content “inactive”, which reduces the filesize, thus saving space, and when you want it active again, you can do so. I thought something like this would be great for PS4, as games can take a lot of storage.

Show full comment

Remote Play at 60fps sounds awesome!
Looking forward to Suspend and Resume and auto trophy syncing too!

Hoping the following can come to PS4 in the future:
-Folders!
-Media Playback (Videos/Music/Photos, etc.)
-External HDD/USB support

Otherwise loving the PS4 OS so far, perhaps the next step after these features have been implemented is to lower the OS footprint so more juice can be put into games ;D

Oh, forgot some:
– Notifications for Friends being online
– Linked to the above, perhaps a “Favourite” category for friends, so notifications relating to them appear, as for those with high friend counts, notifications may be non-stop, so a way to limit it is needed.
– Backup/Restore option for HDD. Not something done regularly granted, but for those replacing HDDs, the only thing you could back up were saves, would be better if you could backup the games/settings/accounts on the HDD and restore to the new one afterwards.

18.2

Do you have any problems with corrupted downloads on your download list or download history

Please, let us change our online ID just once, please.
Other than that, I’m good with whatever your throw in there :D
The suspend/resume feature will be very cool.

MacTavish304 12 March, 2015 @ 00:47

How about playing videos from USB stick like it was on PS3?

Sounds like a good update.

What I would love to see is for the PS4’s screenshots to be improved. The compression on them at the moment is very disappointing. Would PNG files or something like that be possible?

21.1

PNG files would boost file sizes up dramatically.

Finka_Karfein 12 March, 2015 @ 19:51
21.2

I’d like to see the screenshot capture icon hidden when making more screenshots at the same time. This icon is able to ruin a really nice pic when a game doesn’t support the photo mode.

Please PLEASE add the support to view video files like we were able to on our ps3. I eant to view my own video files and save them onto the console. The ps3 was soo with good with that.

Shadowrave25 12 March, 2015 @ 01:05

1. 1080p Video Recording Support (upgraded from 720p compressed) just give the gamer the option to enhance their experience. Someone with a 1TB+ HDD will not mind the increase in storage size of the video clips. Make it a toggle option, we want to receive the best quality we can get, don’t settle for worse!
2. Share video clips directly with PSN friends and upload to Feed for your community to watch.
3. MKV and other video format support (MP4, Avi etc)
4. Skype App
5. Crunchy Roll App (for Europe)
6. Custom Avatars (pre-made ones are fine but will we ever have option to upload our own?)
7. DLNA Support
8. A pause feature for music on theme, say press L1 to pause and press again to start.
9. Folders to put games in, with custom labels like “Indie” folder “RPG” folder etc.
10. A sticky feature so you can permanently place anything to the top of your dashboard.

Show full comment

3. MKV and other video format support (MP4, Avi etc)
4. Skype App
5. Crunchy Roll App (for Europe)
7. DLNA Support
11. How about a “games you may like” area (on PSN or dashboard) where you can view similar games in the genre you like. This can be based either by relating the games you’ve previously purchased or a small survey to gauge your interests, I.E what type of games do you enjoy? A. Adventure, B. RPG.
12. Anime Themes: Contact the anime studios directly and ask if they could make an exclusive theme based on their popular shows. I would happily pay £1.69 for a HQ premium anime theme and I’m sure others will too. Also don’t forget to add instrumental music from each show too. The PS4 is an entertainment platform not entirely just about gaming. The Japanese and Western anime fans will LOVE this! so please do it.
13. Twitter App: Which allows you to upload screenshots and videos to your account with an accompanied message/caption at any time from your saved folder. At the moment the only way to do this is to upload direct from broadcast.
14. More varieties of Face plates: A Persona 5 one would be highly requested. A nice idea would be including one with a special limited edition package of the game.
15. 4K screenshot capture support?
16. External HDD Support
17. Further video chat options?

+1 for Anime themes!! and also MKV support so i can watch anime on my PS4 :P

Shadowrave25 12 March, 2015 @ 09:12
23.2

Yes!! I’m for it wholeheartedly, I have been disappointed by the sheer lack of themes so far. So having a bunch of anime ones will add diversity to the set and mix it up a little. It would be awesome to have themes from my favourite series! Sony do it do it do it.

23.3

FYI, on PS4 at least, you can change get your avatar to anything you want using the Playstation app for iOS /Android.

Show more replies

WE WANT FOLDERS!!!!

I want the abilty to specifically Mute the PS camera in game, while leaving voice commands active

25.1

Oh and a PS4 UI redesign, after hearing that people want folders + plus if you couple that with the library tab you start to realize that the UI is flawed as there is no smooth unified way to navigate it

25.2

And everytime you pile something on it gets more difficult to navigate it.

“Since launch, PlayStation has continued that trend of listening to feedback by bringing some of the most highly requested features from PlayStation Nation to PS4 with each of our system software updates. ”

hahahahahaha, is this statement for real?

just from a quick search on the internet the most requested features BY FAR are:
ability to change region without having to create a new account
ability to change name
externalHDD support
DNLA
offline trophy
etc

the list goes on, but nothing EVER gets done.

26.1

your consoles been out for a year and a half already, are you guys all too busy watching the $$$$ roll in to be bothered actually doing anything that people ask for??

0% trophy deletion sounds awesome. Will it ever come to PS3 and Vita, too? I mean, being able to delete trophies for all the systems, from all the systems.

the only reason I have moved from pc Steam to PS4 was the lack of local co-op / split screen games on pc where the same titles on ps3 had it. But just to find out that console gaming has also moved away from this epic feature. and with no dlna support either I recognise my mistake in the move.

28.1

The lack of co-op titles is woefully inadequate, in the mean time I’ll just play Shiftlings, Helldivers and Super Stardust Ultra which I’ve purchased only during the past month just doesn’t cut it (sarcasm)

DLNA was an important feature for me four/five years ago but since then streaming sticks like Chromecast and Roku have come on the market which can cast from computers and phones in an instant, beforehand I would have turn on the PS3, setup a media server on my phone/tablet, navigate to the folder I wanted on the PS3 and select the file I wanted to watch.

On my phone/tablet I open an casting app, select the file or link I want to cast, press the cast button and watch it on my TV, DLNA was something I thought would be in the PS4 but it is a very low priority update for myself.

28.2

jfontyman, I doubt you get DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD via Chromecast and Roku

28.3

Show full comment

My solution is now selling the PS4 and getting PC for Steam Gaming. There are more advantages than just DLNA. Network gaming is free, games are cheaper, you can upgrade hardware with time to run games at higher settings hence better graphics then PS4 will ever be able to render, there is no backwards compatibility issue, no need to wait for firmware updates, I think this list could go on. I have moved to PS4 from PC as mentioned in my original post, hoped to have less complex setup, power on & play plus some couch multilayer with my friends or wife (we loved Micro Machines) at the same time utilizing my NAS for multimedia streaming. But it didn’t work out. I thing I could live with just a PS4 provided it had DLNA but now after waiting so long I’ve got tired of reading rumors and googling on a daily basis to check if there is any news regarding it. In fact every announcement from Sony with no mentioning DLNA which is the only bit I need to complete my living room is making me so angry that I can explode :) have even got a bit offensive towards Sony this morning, they have deleted my post and send a warning via email :)

And hey, you don’t have to pay for network gaming on Steam!!!

and you don’t have to wait for these stupid updates. On Steam, everything you ever wished for is already there

30.1

This is a firmware update for the PS4’s hardware, Steam is a software store for PC’s just like PSN is a software store for PlayStations, I think maybe you have gotten confused somewhere along the line.

30.2

Not exactly, Sure it’s a software but it’s more then just a store. It holds your trophies & achievements, chat, fiends list, Installed games library, etc. I thing it was designed to give the console feel to the PC.

Suspend/Resume at last. very useful on xb1 since launch. been wanting it for ages as I use my ps4 much more than xb1

The trophies update/upgrade…. YAHHOOOOOOOOO

Where can I apply for the BETA program?

remote play (preferably on xperia devices) with the ability to use voice chat, if not party chat but at least in game voice.

loving remote play on my z3 tablet but missing the voice chat :(

At least the US blog has replies to some user questions about the update. You may want to take speed read through that for now.

What about being able to view your trophy list while offline?
I’d also like DLNA support!

bastian_knight 12 March, 2015 @ 06:38

And where is the possibility to play videos from pen-drives and usb disks? And what about streaming content from home DLNA servers?

Folders, folders, folders, folders, folder.
is this too nuch to ask for??
thr screen is becoming like a pool of icons and it is really annoing, i take some time until i reache the game i want to play.
please fix this issue, it is really imparessing when someone asks me that a PS4 does not have folders to orgnize your games!!!???

Great update. In future, could we also have the ability to copy save data in bulk (eg. to cloud storage or USB) as we did with the PS3. Currently we’re restricted to doing it separately for each game.

Finally! So excited to see all the new accessibility-features. I have suggested this for years, and now, my wish has come true. The next huge accessibility-upgrade, accessible apps, such as YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, Viaplay and more, but who knows, if the text-to-speech is created the right way, then it will not be a problem. Please, make it available for multiple languages. My biggest wish is that the games will become more accessible, an example would be the possibility to resize the crosshairs in shooters. When you are visually impaired it is very small, and nearly impossible to use.

Looking forward to a huge update! Thank you for your amazing work, and for bringing the first accessibility-features into the world of console-gaming.

Captain-Climax1 12 March, 2015 @ 07:43

Please add a option to choose your tv as a output of the standard ps4 headset that comes with every ps4. I use headphones when i play surten games. On the ps3 i could hang my headset on my shirt and hear the audio (game & Voices) treu my headphones. The standard headset that came with the ps4 doesnt give you a option to choose your tv as a audio output (and its weird/enoying to have to use the earpeace and then wear headphones over it ).
Don’t know if every headset has this problem in general though….
And can you let the ps4 accept your official Sony Playstation 3 headset (wireless earpeace)? I bought 2 of them on ps3 and they are getting useless when you play less on it. Its a official sony playstation headset, so it should be easy to fix i hope.

What about playing PS1 & PS2 games from the PS Store? Disc support would be most welcome too.

Headset bluetooth support?.

headset bluetooth support?

Captain-Climax1 12 March, 2015 @ 08:16

Webbrowser : The option to safe pictures from the internet on your hdd like the ps3 had was very appriciated. And the Zooming in option was good /better aswell. On ps4 you cant safe/copy pics to hdd. The zoom-in has 3 standard zooms, a ‘infinite’/self-choosing? zoom like ps3 was working great. These can be 2 good improvements for the webbrowser.
(i know you can take screens onto your ps4 hdd, but only having the picture is better then the picture with serounding webpage).

I would really like to be able to customize the home screen. If it’s not too much to ask, placing the library with the other icons above and only having your pinned applications where the applications are right now. So your favorite applications, only the ones you use right now or to some other reference, will be more accessible, because I would really like to find them quick and have them structured to my reference, while now they feel very inconvenient placed and it bugs me a little, especially those under the tv & video category, that has all of those applications when I only use netlix.

And also include folders so everyone can be happy! :D

alexanderustinov 12 March, 2015 @ 08:35

Please add system wide statistics of time spent in the game.

Again my wishes for future firmware. Most important wishes have a ‘!’

! Backup function: Plug in a device on USB (USB flash drive, external hard drive) to save every Byte on it (games, game patches, game saves, demos, photos etc.)

! Capture videos in 1080p and 60 frames per second

Comment function in “What’s New”

! Copy multiple links and quotes from websites and messages like we know it from PS3

! Copy music (MP3, AAC etc.) on hard drive

! Create a folder to sort games and demos

! Different sound if someone joins a party (there was actually a different jingle before 2.0)

DLNA

Increased time of voice-mails (30 seconds)

! Notification if a friend goes online/offline (with an option to select friends whom I would have a notification)

! Opportunity to be invisible for friends while logged-in in PSN

! Option to delete not whole game install file with patches of games but only the install file, so you can keep the game patch.

! Photo viewer from USB and save photos on PS4

! Playback of A...

Show full comment

Again my wishes for future firmware. Most important wishes have a ‘!’

! Capture videos in 1080p and 60 frames per second

Comment function in “What’s New”

! Copy music (MP3, AAC etc.) on hard drive

! Create a folder to sort games and demos

DLNA

Increased time of voice-mails (30 seconds)

! Opportunity to be invisible for friends while logged-in in PSN

! Photo viewer from USB and save photos on PS4

! Playback of Audio-CD

PlayStation Store: Add a wish list.

! Save some messages like we know it from PS3

! Send several pictures at once. This should be also possible for messages on Twitter.

! Support for Sony Bluetooth Headsets from PS3 (those with only a microphone)

! View photos from USB flash drive and hard drive and save them on PS4’s hard drive

View trophies even when you are offline (it worked fine on PS3)

! Watch videos from USB flash drive and PS4’s hard drive … in short: please bring a media player!

48.1

Capture 1080p? Never happen.

I want to be able to turn capture off and stop needlessly wearing out my hard drive and boost the performance of the machine in one swoop. Capture/streaming is such a niche feature, sucks its forced on us.

48.2

Oh and features that would be nice.

1. An OFF button for the constant video capture. I dont want it pointlessly wearing down my hard drive.

2. FOLDERS! I miss XMB so much, the new one is such a mess.

Man who would have thought cut & paste would be such a valuable feature on a supposed social media machine that I guess sharing links to your mates is somehow far beyond present day capabilities. Seriously this annoys me to no end….such a simple thing to implement

I guess browser on a console is so 2006…rather cut & paste is so 2006

It’s not that I don’t appreciate the update but having a feature taking 2 years after it was prommissed to be implemented makes me think your software development team is made of a housewife eating bon bons all day and a monkey moking sigarets.

Just_Joe_316 12 March, 2015 @ 08:54

1. Backwards compatibility, are you telling me the PS4 is the only Sony system that cannot play PS1 games?

2. Media support from USB. I was shocked to visit my brother last week and I couldn’t play a movie file from my USB.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream games we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream music we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream movies we own already.

I for one will not pay for a subscription service to rent any content. for one my internet bandwidth is not fast enough and secondly I like to own all my content.

It seems like mistake after mistake by Sony ever since the PS4’s release while the opposition is bending over backwards to do the right thing now.

Not being able to re-download purchased content after September 10th (PS Minis), is downright disgusting!

Show full comment

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream games we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream music we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream movies we own already.

What’s the point building up a PSN library if I cannot transfer that collection to my next console? It’s like having to re-start my STEAM library if I get a new computer. Sony set the precedent with transferring games to PSP/PSV/PS3 even PSTV and now you change the rules?

Is anybody else out there still waiting for the option to put games in to alphabetical order on PS3?

As you might have guessed I’m not a fan of “content streaming” and I will stick with my PS3 like many, MANY others I have spoken too.

I would like to say thank-you to Sony collaborating with Sega to bring Yakuza 5 west. Now if you would consider bringing Yakuza 0 I may jump on-board.

At the moment it just seems like a backwards step, there’s a few good PS4 games but what else is there? Driveclub PS Plus edition?

50.1

1. “Compatibilty” is not going to happen. It’s a matter of both hardware and software architecture and not a feature you can add. “Emulation” is the word you’re looking for and that’s a whole different story.

2. would be nice indeed.

Just_Joe_316 12 March, 2015 @ 16:46
50.2

theVoltan

1. I’m fully aware about Emulation and I choose to Support the developers and buy the classic games when I could just as easily use ePSXe or pSX or PCSX2 which all run flawlessly on my PC. If I like something I will “buy it”.

2. There is no excuse not to “Emulate” PS1 and PS2 on the PS4, the only reason it is not implemented is because Sony want you to pay for a streaming service. The PS1 has been emulated on every Sony device since the PS1, even on a Phone!

I give up, no point moaning about it. I talk with my wallet.

P.S. The architecture on the PS4 is x86 and much easier to develop for than the PS3’s cell architecture ever was.

50.3

PS Minis will always be available, you’re confusing them with PS Mobile.

Show more replies
Just_Joe_316 12 March, 2015 @ 08:59

And yes, I use my PS3 as a media device. I store all my music, video and games on a 2tb hard drive.

PS4 = Backwards step in everything apart from PS4 exclusive games.

SatoshiOokami 12 March, 2015 @ 09:01

Wow, the trophy screenies? This looks good, but my storage on PS4 will be soon full xD

52.1

I hope this function can be disabled. It’s completely nonsense. It’s easy to hit the SHARE button, so why an automatic screenshot of a trophy? It would be rather useful to hide screenshot symbol.

52.2

I would just like to remove any trophy set thats under 10%

Just_Joe_316 12 March, 2015 @ 09:02

Turning the light off on the PS4 controller would be a good option, my brother who owns a PS4 says the battery dies so quickly compared to a PS3 control pad.

AlexandreCMS 12 March, 2015 @ 09:07

I would like to see notifications when my friends start to play. I had that on the PS3 but not on the PS4. It’s hard to believe that it is that difficult to implement.

Regards,

A feature that I would like to see is to be able to organise my friends list into groups. Has this ever been requested? I often add a whole bunch of people after playing a game online and then I forget which game I met them in…

Throwing my hat into the ring for
Folders – the only necessity. The current set up is awful. A linear line with single “Library” folder at the end.
Ext. HDD support
Backward Compatibility with PS1 classics / PS2 store downloads

eyeball-paul 12 March, 2015 @ 09:25

Want to see my friends come on and offline!!!! Please sort this out playstation

I am really excited about that trophy deletion option. As it was mentioned before, up to 10% would be pretty much ideal, because some games just give you trophies before you know it :P (Shadows of the Damned gives you one right when you boot the game for example) But it’s still better then nothing :)

All these are good but let us change our ID names sometime!!!

Where is the video playback ? :( like PS3 ans Xbox One ? :'(

Can we make notifications smaller and not take up a huge portion if the screen. Some people are NOT blind. We can read small text fine.

the producer of ps4 the director of ps4 the team members of ps4 u get so much money i know u sold millions of ps4 around the world (i think aliens also buyed) i like ur product i like the way u made ps4 and ps4 controller and the camera i want to request u guyz that plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzzzzzzzzzz remove the membership to play online plz because i dont wanna waist my money in ps plus membership because i just wanna buy ps4 CD so plz plz plz plz plz plz remove the membership
if u guyz remove the ps plus it will be the great pleasure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

63.1

like this comment if u wanna remove ps plus membership so that they can know how many people dont want ps plus membership to play online

63.2

A lower priced alternative to plus that just includes online play is the best you can hope for. You will not get free online play again.

Ludi_Domagoj 12 March, 2015 @ 09:40

My only wish for future PS4 Update is Skype.

Please hear my cry, PSN/ingame chat isn’t that good over PS4.

64.1

Skype is redundant, and a resource hog. Also Party Chat is great, its not great if you used the crap headset in the box.

64.2

Nice update, excited about the Resume/Suspend function. All that is needed now is MKV and MK4 playback. Maybe som DLNA.

Will the “ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion” be available on PS3 in the next firmware update as well. Because I could sure as hell use it.

ChristensenM 12 March, 2015 @ 09:47

So a big new firmware update, but still no news for those of us who have had no sound since October when 2.0 was released.
Great Sony.. Super good service.. Not.

66.1

No sound? Ever considered checking your HDMI settings?

theodor70941 12 March, 2015 @ 09:54

Seriously, who uses Dailymotion? Isn’t that service dead already?

So happy for Suspend/Resume feature :D

I want an update where it shows when friends log in and out like on PS3.

somethingatt 12 March, 2015 @ 10:01

Very welcome features in this update, than you. What bothers me currently as a PS4 user:

Twitch app (website works, yes, but not very optimal. No chat, quality control, and sometimes you get out of memory errors). Would be good to get a fully featured native app.

Improve PSN infrastructure. Very slow DL speeds, seems to go down every fortnight, some features like what’s new work when they feel like it, my friends all have a grey face as an avatar. It was fine when it was free but a paid service, it should not feel like it’s built on a pile of matchboxes.

somethingatt 12 March, 2015 @ 10:42
70.1

hi sony dont be mean we want the ps4 support mp4 avi and skype and folders

on next update 2.50 please sony add mp4 avi and folders on ps4 i love playstation

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE A TRADING POST SHOP IN THE STORE WERE YOU CAN TRADE BACK YOUR GAMES THATS BEEN SITTING ON YOUR HDD DOING NOTHING .GIVING THE FACT THAT IV SPENT AND IMSHURE MILLIONS MORE HAVE DONE THE SAME THING AND BOUGHT A NEW GAME OUT OF THE PS STORE AND ARE STUCK WITH IT .A TRADING POST WOULD SOLVE THIS ISSUE GREATLY .AND ALLSO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FACEBOK APP WERE WEE CAN JUMP STRAIGHT INTO A PS VERSION OF FACEBOOK ..

Hey, just out of curiosity: those of you who want to delete 0% trophies, what’s your reason for doing it? I’m happy you’re getting the option, I just don’t see any particular reason for using it myself. Aesthetics?

Resume a game is good, but all we need in 2015 is a basic mkv support and DLNA!!

Superb but what about button reassigning? Really want that!

Also custom backgrounds!!!! What’s the point of my screenshots without them!

Nakatsu_Hime 12 March, 2015 @ 10:24

All good stuff.

For thw next major update, perhaps more comprehensive Vita integration, such us ability for the PS4 to download and manage Vita applications and firmware upgrades, as in the PS3.

aryan__22king 12 March, 2015 @ 10:25

Suggestions part 1 ]

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream games we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream music we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream movies we own already.

It seems like mistake after mistake by Sony ever since the PS4′s release while the opposition is bending over backwards to do the right thing now.

Show full comment

Suggestions part 1 ]

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream games we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream music we own already.

Seems like you want us to “pay” to stream movies we own already.

What’s the point building up a PSN library if I cannot transfer that coollection to my next console? It’s like having to re-start my STEAM library if I get a new computer. Sony set the precedent with transferring games to PSP/PSV/PS3 even PSTV and now you change the rules?

Suggetion part 2 ] next comment

aryan__22king 12 March, 2015 @ 10:26

suggestions part 2 ]
Again my wishes for future firmware. Most important wishes have a ‘!’

! Capture videos in 1080p and 60 frames per second

Comment function in “What’s New”

! Copy music (MP3, AAC etc.) on hard drive

! Create a folder to sort games and demos

DLNA

Increased time of voice-mails (30 seconds)

! Opportunity to be invisible for friends while logged-in in PSN

! Option to delete not whole game install file with paatches of games but only the install file, so you can keep the game patch.

! Photo viewer from USB and save photos ...

Show full comment

suggestions part 2 ]
Again my wishes for future firmware. Most important wishes have a ‘!’

! Capture videos in 1080p and 60 frames per second

Comment function in “What’s New”

! Copy music (MP3, AAC etc.) on hard drive

! Create a folder to sort games and demos

DLNA

Increased time of voice-mails (30 seconds)

! Opportunity to be invisible for friends while logged-in in PSN

! Photo viewer from USB and save photos on PS4

! Playback of Audio-CD

PlayStation Store: Add a wish list.

! Save some messages like we know it from PS3

! Support for Sony Bluetooth Headsets from PS3 (those with only a microphone)

View trophies even when you are offline (it worked fine on PS3)

! add adobe flashplayer supprt in browser..

ThaHammerMan333 12 March, 2015 @ 10:26

I would love ExternalHDD support and folders in a near future.

VERY happy about Suspend & Resume coming(2 years tho is to long wait for a feature that was shown erm 2 years ago. Oh well) but the ‘*1 Dependent on software titles’ is a bit worrying :( Does that mean not all games can be Suspend & Resumed? Or it’s up to(GOD i hope not) the game makers to put the feature in to their games(if they can be bothered i.e no) :D

81.1

I’m pretty sure it’s mostly to make it clear that you can’t suspend an online multiplayer game and so on ;)

81.2

2yrs??? PS4 is just over 1yr old

Desecrator666 12 March, 2015 @ 10:29

Third Party Headset improvement please.

Good news, especially with “suspend/resume” and trophies management improvements. Anyway I would be very happy to see one more thing – possibility to synchronize the screenshots with some cloud storage like Dropbox, Google Drive, Copy or whatever. Copying them to the external flash drive is nice but not too much efficient. Please consider this idea.

Regards.

Very excited for auto resume!

I’d also die if I could FINALLY change my PSN ID! Mine has a spelling mistake in it and it’s been bugging me for years now :/ . I understand why Sony have worries about allowing people to change their PSN ID but seriously, if you charged £5 for a “changing fee” or limited it to 1 change a year etc. then I CAN’T see it getting absolutely rinsed by trouble makers so they can grief people and then hide as feared.

External HD support would be nice I suppose as would all the USB drive videos and LAN support blah blah blah. But to me my PS4 is a games machine. I would much rather see time and energy going into the smaller everyday features that will tighten up the user experience such as a “favourite friends” list, being able to “pin” my favourite games and apps so they are always in the same place, better notifications etc.

But maybe that’s just me?

aryan__22king 12 March, 2015 @ 10:35

Suggestions part 3 ]

hahahahahaha, is this statement for real?

ability to change region without having to create a new account
ability to change nam...

Show full comment

Suggestions part 3 ]

hahahahahaha, is this statement for real?

ability to change region without having to create a new account
ability to change name
externalHDD support
DNLA
offline trophy
etc

Sound_Of_Snow 12 March, 2015 @ 16:19
85.1

Great suggestions mate. Im also having the issue of no avatars showing in the whats new/recent activity feed its been doing it since december, its very frustrating. Id rather sony fix the basics first before adding new features but i hope sony read your list and take those on board.

martinko84sk 12 March, 2015 @ 10:39

No support for DLNA sucks!

Does the fact that the update has a codename make it cool?

dark_angel69 12 March, 2015 @ 10:54

That’s a life lesson for everyone, always do research first instead of assuming things.

dark_angel69 12 March, 2015 @ 10:58
88.1

Is this a bug on the blog? My comment was a reply to GoaHaris like Lance_87 but both our comments are showing up at the bottom of the page now instead. Can’t find GoaHaris comment now so perhaps been deleted?

These comments can be a bit messy.

88.2

They have deleted my comment, perhaps it was a bit too offensive for Sony. But it makes my blood boil when they start the announcement by saying we have listened to your valued feedback and then list the features I have never even heard anyone caring about e.g. Facebook friend search. Anyways, I have re-posted my previous comment now again :)

When is the “VIDEO CHAT” coming?? We had Skype on Vita fast and you guys can even put in skype, come on “Yukimura”v you should know this by now that gamers want a “VIDEO CHAT” on PS4, like PS3 and vita.

89.1

Skype is owned by Microsoft so that may not happen.

Here is a short list of things i like to see in a future update!!!

1 The ability to change your online name. first time you change your name is free of charge.
Then every time if you change your online name you have to pay 1€ or 1$ not more. (we happy, sony happy)

2 Folders to put games in, with custom labels like “Indie” folder “RPG” folder etc.

3 Please let us remove demos from our libraries.

4 i would like to be able to remove tropies from my list if the have a value of lets say 30% or less.

I am genuinely impressed. Text to speech will be essential for me. I’m interested in how far it goes, I guess game menus themselves won’t talk, it’s just the main UI. I also wonder what the state of TTS will be for the apps, 4OD, WWE Network, that kind o thing?

Cool update, looking forward to the resume feature.

Great news about Suspend/Resume, finally giving a purpose to Rest Mode, and the ability to remove 0% trophies. Will this be available for all games, e.g. can I remove a PS3 game from the list or is it just for PS4 games?

Offline trophy viewing is also essential, I have no internet right now after moving home and was very surprised to discover that I couldn’t even view a trophy I had just unlocked. Basic stuff really.

EstripadorMT 12 March, 2015 @ 11:07

That’s gonna be a nice update.

Hey all.

Good job guys! Great news.

Now my point of view:

Would be nicer if we could to remove all games that we would like from the Trophy list and no only the ones that have 0% completion. I say this because sometimes we try a game that we don’t like but you won a trophy just because you walked in the game.

Another change that I would like to see is regarding our PSN nickname. When will we be allowed to change it? My PSN account is already a little old and my ideas about nicknames changed since that time (maybe 6 year ago). So, I would really like change my PSN nickname. I understand your side and why you are so concerned to give the option for the users to change it. But in my opinion you could allow us to change it one time for free and after that you could charge the ones that want change it a second, third…time.

Thanks.

orionthehunters 12 March, 2015 @ 11:38

Everytime I look at the news with ‘Update to frirmware’ I am in hope that the MSGS system is fixed, it isn’t too much to expect my ‘next gen’ system to be able to MSG people and work.

However this problem hasn’t been fixed since launch at least for me it does not work 90% of the time for example I send a msg (which the ps4 tells me I sent 15mins ago etc etc although I only just sent it) then the ps4 10 or 15 mins later tells me I have a MSG, check MSGS and it’s the MSG I sent orignally. Or I just get failed to send MSG or my friends get the MSG a day later etc etc. My internet is as far as I know the fastest you can have (UK) so it isn’t the speed of my Internet/Uploads also I have cleared the cache of my ps4 as suggested on forums.

Looking around the Net it isn’t just me and my friends tell me they have the same problem so please fix this or let me know of a work around/fix.

rossthebassist 12 March, 2015 @ 11:41

I like the feature list here, some things way over due i may point out tho.
if you could pass on feedback in relation to the game broadcasting app i would appreciate it. The aim of the direct system broadcasting should be to deliver a comparable broadcast to just doing it via PC through capture cards.

1, The option to stream certain notifications and to stop that horrendous blurred out notification pop up that appears on the stream when i get a notification atm. I would love it if when i earn a trophy that the ping and notification was visible to all if i want it to be.

2, Customer overlays. Being able to add custom backgrounds to the standard stream layout, being able to change the layout if i wanted my chat on the left or even on the bottom and also have the message on the bottom to scroll.. Using the dead space at the top next to the broadcast button for social media links would also be nice improvements.

3, Custom stream paused options. If i have pressed the PlayStation butt...

Show full comment

I like the feature list here, some things way over due i may point out tho.

3, Custom stream paused options. If i have pressed the PlayStation button to change party features or check a message, it would be nice if we could customize the holding screen.

4, Follow alerts, if someone has followed me on twitch or subscribed to my channel the ability to display this if we wanted too would be cool.

5, Chat bot’s…. Things like nightbot and moobot are cool, but it would be nice to have a direct from console version so that we can control every asset ourselves without having to keep an ipad next to us or have a computer open.

There are allot more big things i would like to see but this list could go on forever, and i have no idea if any of this is possible on the console.. if any other members of the community who use the streaming features of the console have anything the want to add i also encourage this. The key is options and customization to rival any broadcast on twitch.

many thanks.

We badly need support for all bluetooth headsets,it´s very very dissapointing that a so called nextgen console isn´t able to support any other bluetooth device,think about that mr.sony .

Can I cancel 0% trophies also on PS3/Vita games?

Ext. HDD support it’s a must, I’d like to add a Content Manager to the offer. The same as the Vita has, maybe upgraded with filters, search and order by A-Z or date options. But it would be awesome to register PS4 with the Content Manager Installed on the PC and do the backups management from there connected by Wifi or my means of the ethernet port by LAN.

This is a good solution for users who don’t have good internet connection. You can download games once, store then wherever you want, and if you need to free space on your console or move the content back you can accomplish this much faster than downloading the whole game again.

PS Vita also supports this, why not PS4? Plus, PS4 has a Gigabit ethernet port, if they optimice the speed of it you would be able to move the content at 124MB per second, which means 50GB in 7 minutes.

I really hope they implement this.

Looks good. Some updates to PSN would be great too.

1) PSN name change.
2) Fix the download list (let us filter by platform, type of content, hide certain downloads).
3) Favourite friends list (which then gives us sign-in notifications for favourites on PS4).
4) Easier to navigate PS Store.
5) When pushing downloads to our devices on the PS Web Store, let us pick which specific devices we download to (right now it gives me the option to push to “Both” my PS Vitas, but not the individual devices, which is annoying as my Vita has a 64gb card but my PS TV has a 32gb card).
6) More PlayStation apps for other devices. Would be cool to get Live From PlayStation on my Mac, or have Remote Play on my iPad (make MFi controllers a requirement, if necessary), PC/Mac.

Really happy to see suspend finally come! I hope the delay means it wont have the teething problems the Xbox1s version had.

Also, not turning my PS4 on till 2.51 comes out because I dont want a brick :D

TheLoneSamurai 12 March, 2015 @ 11:51

That’s great! I wait my update… meanwhile my Media Go has been giving me an error for a month… I’ve contacted support… Please help us…

Nice to actually make use of the camera too like video chat, or in game video/party link would b really cool feature. No one is buying the camera as there is no real use for it. Shame as it’s excellent bit of hardware. I guess people will get when VR comes out…? As long as that’s not way too expensive. I’d like to see a quality music player too.

rossthebassist 12 March, 2015 @ 12:01
104.1

i have the camera for streaming, thats about it lol

Sorry this is the wrong place, but i want to ask if there are other people who can only download parts of
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires Free Alliances Version (ca. 5GB) & not the full 18.1 GB ?

LordAtrocity 12 March, 2015 @ 11:54

I fell that users should have the ability to view PC streams and even be notified of their favorite streamer when playing games.

Quite a lot of the feature set of Twitch should be available for PS4 such as subscriber button.

It would be good if the app supported some customization so you can make your stream look unique. Things like alerts for new followers, subscribers, donators. Also a donation button should be available.

Additional information so people can see social links and a bio would be great.

Ability for PS4 streamers to do giveaways and be able to have a roll functionality to pick from their viewers, followers, subscribers.

If the streamer wants to trigger adverts for monetization then they can relative to ad suppliers Playstation chooses.

Sponsor support

Ability to have highlights or recordings from stream placed alongside sharefactory would be great directly from the stream. Making it easy for streamers to place content to youtube.

Spotify for party chat – Allow users t...

Show full comment

Additional information so people can see social links and a bio would be great.

Sponsor support

Spotify for party chat – Allow users to collaborate on playlists together in party and listen to music together from Spotify free with adverts. The music can turn down when the user talks

Better system to allow users to customize sensitivity when using chat, as I feel with too many players you can hear all the background noises. Like the ability to choose voice activation detection

Develop what’s new to allow comments and share pictures and videos from the share function with my friends instead of random strangers, as suggested in the launch videos.

Does anyone know what power is required for pause / resume?

So the screenshot of external hard drive backup was fake?

So the fw2.5 screenshot of external hard drive backup support was fake?

109.1

Maybe they discarded it and kept for another update, everything else is in though.

While there are many more features that we have been waiting for for a long time, I want to express my excitement for the suspend/resume function: YAY! :D

supercoolmanchu 12 March, 2015 @ 12:40

It would be great to have the option to appear as “offline” and play incognito, or a status option to show your availability.

Those are all great improvements, especially deleting 0% from trophy list.

BUT SERIOUSLY, WE STILL CAN’T LOOK AT THE TROPHIES IN OFFLINE MODE!?!?

-Wouldn’t it be sweet to set any of your acquired trophies as avatar pictures?

-I’d also love to be able to create animated gifs of my captured gameplay vids, and share them online.

It would be cool if we could change the wallpaper with our own, and to be possible to mix sound effects from others themes with others, kinda of a mix with images and sound effects.

DevilRhino97 12 March, 2015 @ 12:54

I posted on various gaming news sites last week requesting remote play to be 60fps and they have answered my wish. Thankyou Playstation!! Someone is listening! Thankyou, Thankyou, made my day!