Posted

God of War III Remastered is coming to PS4 this July

What better way to mark Kratos’ 10th anniversary?

Happy 10th birthday God of War! I can’t believe it has already been ten years (almost to this day) since Santa Monica Studio released Kratos out into the wild.

Creating an original game is really hard; it takes a combination of creativity, tenacity, guts, skill, and let’s be honest here, no small amount of total lunacy to imagine and see to the finish an entirely new world. So making an original game that is successful, well, that is just lightning in a bottle, my friends. I believe that David Jaffe did just that when he created and directed the first God of War game.

I joined the Studio later in the development of the first game and had the pleasure of being part of making Kratos who he is today. It all began with Dave’s vision of a brutal mythological world that was equal parts amazing and insane. Then slowly it coalesced with our desire to make the best ‘pick-up-and-play’ action adventure game, seamlessly taking the player to the far reaches of their imagination.

God of War® III Remastered_5

All of this was rolled into the capable hands of one of the most talented development teams I have had the pleasure of working with, the Santa Monica Studio. Together we fought our way to the finish, battling side-by-side (and sometimes even against each other) to reach the finish line and release a game that we all were proud of. As luck would have it, many of you played that game and liked it enough to let us make many incredible entries into the series.

As a fan action adventure and story based games myself, I am forever thankful to Dave Jaffe for the amazing world he created, out of his freaking head. As a professional I owe much of my current career to the opportunity that he and Shannon Studstill (now head of Santa Monica Studio) gave me to go on and direct the second game

The story I wrote for God of War II set the stage for an epic finish to the trilogy Dave and I had always imagined: an all out war between the Gods, Titans and our favorite angst-ridden Spartan warrior.

Going into the third game I set to work on a script and game layout that would push the PS3 to its absolute limit. While I did not continue on to direct the game, Stig Assmussen, the badass Art Director on the series, took the helm as Director and continued crafting the game and story to its eventual meteoric heights with creative gravitas and skill, and along with his amazing team created one of the craziest, most bombastic and most visually resplendent entries in the series. Seriously, every time I play through that game I see the unique brand of brilliance the Santa Monica team pours into every game they do.

Imagine if a game like that came out on PS4, right?

Well, thanks to the fine folks at SCE we do not have to imagine anymore because God of War III Remastered is here!

GOWIII_RE_2D Packshot_ENG

Well, not here yet, but here in the sense that we are announcing it, here. It actually comes out this 15th July and 17th July in the UK.

This action packed thrill ride of a game will take series newcomers and regulars alike on a retina popping thrill ride filled to the absolute brim with 1080p gameplay, silky smooth combat, earth shaking weapons, bosses you simply have to face to believe and an all new new photo mode so you can share those most tender of God of War moments, like stabbing a Minotaur in the frickin face, with your friends and loved ones.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

I highly recommend everyone grab a copy and play because whether you are new to the series or Spartan veterans, God of War III Remastered is one damn fine game.

On this glorious day of celebration we are also taking some of the world’s best speed runners and bringing them together under one roof to watch (via twitch stream, whatever the hell that is) them break, exploit and skip all the long hours and hard work the development team put into these games, all in hopes of achieving the fastest completion time!!! HUZZAH!!

God of War

Seriously, they can finish the game in less time than it took for us to agree on a dinner order, it’s nuts. You should just watch it.

WATCH GOD OF WAR DONE QUICK LIVE RIGHT NOW

Happy birthday, God of War. Happy birthday, Kratos, you crazy bald, ash-covered bastard! Here’s to 10 years.

Should we toast to another ten years? Will there be another ten years?

Hmm…

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004
Did you enjoy this?

Comments

130 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

zalwelgoedgaan 20 March, 2015 @ 5:05 pm   1

“What better way to mark Kratos’ 10th anniversary?”

…by releasing God of War 1, 2, 3, Ascension, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta on a single PS4 disc similar to the Halo Master Chief Collection?

Redman_DK 20 March, 2015 @ 5:12 pm

This so much. Or atleast 1, 2, 3 and Ascension in one package.

Completely agree with this it’d be like releasing return of the Jedi on blu ray, but none of the others

BluSpykz 20 March, 2015 @ 5:18 pm

Definitely agree with this.

Sorry but there’s little-to-no point in just releasing God of War 3 when 5 other games sit in limbo on a different console…

andrewsqual 20 March, 2015 @ 5:18 pm

Have to agree there. Missed opportunity.

zalwelgoedgaan 20 March, 2015 @ 5:21 pm

Whoah. Hold up. ANDREWSQUAL AND I AGREE ON SOMETHING!?!?

I have to take a break for the rest of the day, this is too much for me too handle.

susuFOX 20 March, 2015 @ 9:13 pm

A GoW collection is a no brainer really, I would LOVE to play all the chapter in the saga on my PS4.

andrewsqual 21 March, 2015 @ 2:54 pm

When something makes sense, I have to agree with it. It RARELY happens on comments boards though. 😛
    Sony should also notice I’m not that pleased with it and treat that circumstance as a MASSIVE deal. 🙂

The same way I didn’t like PlayStation Move Heroes, the abandonment of Wonderbook (seriously the PS4 supports the Move, why no support?) and all PS3 consoles getting full PS2 software emulation in 2012 and yet the disc can’t be used to do this, store purchased PS2 games only, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Totally agree. If this was 6 games running in glorious 1080p/60fps, I’d pay full price (again). Just one game? No way. Try harder Sony, this is NOT the way to make remakes.

PARA-SIG-216 22 March, 2015 @ 8:38 pm

Yes I agree also its good for people who have a PS4 as a 1st console, for them to become a real Spartan – 6 Games on 1 Single Blu-Ray Disc – I hope they also come out with collectors edition – Now some people don’t like the re master stuff but it is choice and there are 10 Million fans will buy this. lol

jfontyman 23 March, 2015 @ 1:39 am

Ok the above comments are made from the heart and not from the head, PS4 blu ray size is 50GB, God of War 3 on PS3 is a 35GB, God of War 1&2 hd collection is a total of over 21GB thats 56GB of data from a PS3 before even been remastered, those figures alone should tell people it’s not going to happen and if you add Ascension, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta it starts to look even more… unlikely.

Remember seven Naughty Dog had concerned about disc space with The Last Of Us.

X360 had 10GB discs.

Porcupeth00 20 March, 2015 @ 5:06 pm   2

Price?

As much as I loved gow3, I’m not willing to pay more than £20 per remaster. Halo mcc was £40 for 4 games including 1 complete remaking of halo 2 with updated graphics, metro redux was £30 for 2 games with 1 having updated mechanics, last of us was £40 for 1 game.

blade1003605 20 March, 2015 @ 5:36 pm

$39.99 =( Too much in my opinion

CyraxPT 20 March, 2015 @ 5:47 pm

@blade1003605 Source? If that is correct than damn, wasn’t that GoW Saga for PS3 (GoW 1 + 2 + 3 + psp games) 39.99$ at release?
    I don’t mind remastered games but to be honest i only bought one, Metro Redux, since i didn’t play LL, it had all the dlc’s for both games and it was TWO games for 40$. Oh well, i’ll buy it whenever gets a 50% (or more) discount…

fps_d0minat0r 20 March, 2015 @ 6:45 pm

Free for PS+ members, part of the July IGC.

1080p@60fps, right?

Another remastered? Really?

Ideally all PS3 gamew would be ‘remastered’ on PS4, so PS4 owners would have a large potential library to play games from.

Finka_Karfein 20 March, 2015 @ 6:57 pm

I’d give much to have English release of Yakuza 1&2 HD Edition on PS3 or PS4.

JediKnight246 20 March, 2015 @ 10:36 pm

Can’t agree more. Played Yakuza 1 but wasn’t aware there had been a sequel on PS2. By the time I found out I had already moved to PS3 anyway but would prefer to play Yakuza 2 before starting Yakuza 3 onwards. Even if it was just a digital release only.

Pintaen 22 March, 2015 @ 4:42 pm

I would personally prefer to see the resources go towards a new IP. PS3 games will be available through PS Now. At least remake PS1 or PS2 gems, not a game that came out just a few years ago

guidoramirez836 26 March, 2015 @ 12:50 pm

well, I’m enjoying the remasters so far, since I played in 360 last gen 🙂

guidoramirez836 26 March, 2015 @ 12:54 pm

great, I’ll finally be able to play this game. I played GoW I & II in ps2, but then I went to 360 so couldn’t play this one. Same story with TLOU, keep it coming Sony 🙂

How about God of War IV?

stathmos 20 March, 2015 @ 5:09 pm   6

Are you planning to remaster Ascension too?

ge0smash 20 March, 2015 @ 5:10 pm   7

So uhm, where are the differences? Uh, there aren’t any? Too bad…

No it’s a remaster, which is more or less synomous with “enhanced port” for a new platform.

SuperSaiyan4 20 March, 2015 @ 5:11 pm   8

How about all three games remastered?

What better way to mark Kratos’ 10th anniversary?
Announce a new game.

Stop with these remasters. Nobody bought a PS4 to replay PS3 games on it..
Why cant devs get i through their skull? People want NEW games.

RecursiveHack 21 March, 2015 @ 9:12 am

I bought ps4 (not having ps3) and I would like to play remastered titles of ps3 hits, the audience for remasters is probably not you,but people like me who are New comers to the PlayStation world. Having said that I don’t believe they should charge full price on remastered version, and I would go as far as offering the remastered version for the owners of the games on PS3 to reward their loyalty. But unfortunately we are living in a greedy world.

ScootaKuH 21 March, 2015 @ 12:33 pm

I don’t remember filling in that survey that asked why I bought my PS4, and if I would like remasters or not so you can’t vouch for me.

I sold my PS3 long before I bought a PS4 but GoW 3 is one of my favourite games from PS3 so yes, the ability to play this on my PS4 is very welcome indeed and I will buy it, as I would if they decide to release a full GoW collection – which no doubt they will.

Of course new games are also very welcome but since game development costs a lot nowadays I understand that games companies still need to make money in order to fund new games so I have no problem with remasters.

Don’t put everyone in the same pigeon hole. We all have individual preferences and so should be given a choice. I also like indies but you may not – does that mean that they shouldn’t make them as well?

smokeypsd 21 March, 2015 @ 6:13 pm

Most of these releases are targeted to people new to the Sony platform I think. Like Microsoft converts and I think that’s fine. More people should be able to play say the Last of Us if they missed out.

I happen to have played a lot of these games and am still interested in updated versions, like Beyond Two Souls.

sunbeam4 20 March, 2015 @ 5:18 pm   11

make it crossbuy.

MaxDiehard 20 March, 2015 @ 6:53 pm

Cross-buy is for games that are the exact same build. Remasters are heavily improved upon, therefore making it a different game.

ThreeWallzz 20 March, 2015 @ 5:19 pm   12

BluSpykz 20 March, 2015 @ 5:21 pm   13

This would be better if 1, 2, Ascension, GoS and CoO were released on the same disk. Even if they weren’t as crisp as GOW 3. JUST to have them all on the same console!

Unless you’re going to release this on the IGC! Which would be pretty damn sweet.

HE1NZ5757 20 March, 2015 @ 5:23 pm   14

I think it’s nice that God of War III is getting a remaster (PS3 version has sluggish framerate), but I’m sure ain’t spending any more money on it. Maybe as a PS Plus title it would be great.

Porcupeth00 20 March, 2015 @ 5:24 pm   15

19.99€

Right?

Is this going to have the same trophy set or will it be all new trophies??

medenko1975 20 March, 2015 @ 5:31 pm   17

how much?

residentSteve 20 March, 2015 @ 5:38 pm   18

7 games? There has only been 6 games 1,2,3 ascension, coo and gos I don’t count that mobile game.

cowbanana 20 March, 2015 @ 5:38 pm   19

I just want to know one thing. Are you going to pull some stupid censorship shenanigans on this in Europe? SCEE started going full retard with things like GoW: Ascension and The Last of Us. I absolutely despise censorship – and self-censorship is even worse as it removes all creative and intellectual integrity. I’m sure a lot of people want to know if you’ll butcher God of War III remastered?

Don’t make us people living in sane countries suffer due to the German nanny-government. Or just give them a special nanny-version like in the good old days. Don’t be misers when it comes to pressing regional discs, you’re pulling in enough cash from the PS4/PS+.

supersmith2500 20 March, 2015 @ 5:45 pm

It won’t! God of War III was never censored in Europe.

cowbanana 20 March, 2015 @ 5:50 pm

@supersmith2500 I know 🙂 But I want to hear from Sony, that they aren’t pulling any stunts on this release, as the self-censorship of SCEE releases started some time after God of War III.

I love this game and I just want to make sure that I won’t get a butchered version on PS4.

MaxDiehard 20 March, 2015 @ 6:54 pm

I blame Germany’s laws for censorship.

spacedelete2 20 March, 2015 @ 5:44 pm   20

why aren’t you including God of war 1 and 2 ? it would make sense as it was a trilogy. why only one game ? this is a blatant cash grab.

Shapeshifter_dan 21 March, 2015 @ 10:38 pm

lmao, cash grab.

The primary goal of creating videogames is to make money.

New, remastered, it doesn’t matter.

Someone is doing the work, there’s nothing free.

I am presented with a choice and I say no. Already have GOW3 and I’ll play it someday therefore this is pointless FOR ME .

It may not be the same for others. There’s options. Good

FranXico 20 March, 2015 @ 5:44 pm   21

Don’t get me wrong, I loved playing this on the PS3 and am glad more people will get to enjoy it.

But you even show footage from all games from the series in the trailer, when you are only remastering one of those games?

That really is so disappointing!

Lucreto 20 March, 2015 @ 5:48 pm   22

It’s good news for people who like God of War. I was never particularly interested in the series.

I eagerly await an Uncharted Collection and I hope for a Puppeteer Remaster and a Gravity Rush Remaster.

You can get a PS3 and PS Vita and play those games on there. Cheaper than PS4. More games than PS4. More multi-media functionality than PS4. Better Blu-ray quality than PS4 on PS3.

MaxDiehard 20 March, 2015 @ 6:55 pm

An Uncharted collection is coming.

Congratulations with the 10th anniversary of God of War, Cory Balrog!!

I only played God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta so far. Fun games. 🙂

Will catch up with the rest of God of War on PS3 and PS Vita.

spacedelete2 20 March, 2015 @ 5:55 pm   24

this pretty much signals there will be no Uncharted HD collection. they will just port Uncharted 3 and call it a day. well you can screw yourself. i would have brought this as a trilogy but only the third game is stupid. i’ll wait until its free on PS Plus just like all the other lazy last gen ports. yes ports. “remaster” my @ss.

Remasters are ports by definition. Just a more fancy term for what is essentially ‘enhanced port’. Nothing wrong with that, but yeah, I think the term ‘remaster’ can be dropped.

Also, please, be polite and respectful while expressing your opinion. Thank you.

This announcement doesn’t relate to a hypothetical, plausible Uncharted HD Collection. Imo porting just Uncharted 3 would be silly, because it’s the worst one.

Also, if you’ve already played Uncharted on PS3, I don’t see why you’d want to play it again on PS4, personally.

By the way.

I think the ‘remaster’ – tag should be dropped. It only ends up confusing consumers that seem to confuse it with remakes.

Remaster is honestly just an enhanced and optimized port. So personally I’d just call it ‘God of War III’, except now also available on PS4. That’s just how I’d personally do call it. 🙂 (like GTA V, it isn’t called GTA V ‘remastered’ on PS4, just GTA V)

Ideally all PS3 games would be available on PS4.

If there’s going to be a PS5, please ask the SCE console development to work on compatibility with previous PlayStation (PS4, ideally PS3, PS2, PS1 as well) console games. I can imagine that it’s a bit annoying for people who change their consoles who can’t carry their console games over.

Lance_87 20 March, 2015 @ 6:04 pm   26

Will the game include new features? And all the previous DLC packs? Including the Deimos Skin? And why didn’t you eventually release the latter for PS3? It required a voucher with the second PSP game but they eventually expired 😉

On another note:

Can anybody explain why there seems to be quite a lot of demand for remasters?

– If you’ve got a PS4 but never had a PS3, but want to play some PS3 games, but don’t feel like purchasing a PS3 because you already have a console, then I understand. That makes sense.

– If you’ve already played the PS3 game in question, but you’re still asking for a remaster, I don’t really understand that. Why craving to play games you’ve already played when there are so many games out there that you probably haven’t played yet, and therefore could offer a completely new experience?

Maybe it’s a bit for the nostalgia, and to relive some memories from playing a great game.

Anyway, I wish a lot of success Cory Balrog with directing the next God of War game! 😀

RecursiveHack 21 March, 2015 @ 9:21 am

The remastered versions is probably aimed at people who’re New to the PlayStation world, it’s a good idea so they don’t miss out on great games of ps3. I don’t believe anyone who owned ps3 and played the game is asking for a remaster, if anything they are bashing the remasters judging by the comments

Vashetti 20 March, 2015 @ 6:21 pm   28

One game in a multi-part series?

This is pure greed. You could have at least remastered the latest game, Ascension.

No money from me sorry, and I hope others feel the same.

PIREDERAS 20 March, 2015 @ 6:24 pm   29

You should release an epic God of War anthology on PS4, not just God of War III. The way I see it, GoW III gets the PS4 treatment because it’s not featured on the PS3 PSN Store due to its huge data size (as well as a few more games like Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII).

Come now, this is a ok but what about the PS2 games? There is a plethora of games that have been awol for far to long.

m3gaman2020 20 March, 2015 @ 6:31 pm   31

Oh my God, seriously… Will you stop with all these ports.(hd remasters). If you wanted people to keep playing ps3 games you shouldn’t have made ps4 yet. Or better yet you should have made backwards compatible, but no Just out of pure greed you release the ps4 then instead of making new games designed for the ps4 you just keep porting ps3 games and slapping “hd remaster” on the cover to get people to buy it again. I’m seriously starting to regret ever buying a ps4, So far this past year and a half all we’ve had is ports and delays. “greatness awaits” well were done waiting. How about we get some that so called greatness already.

I recommend getting a PS Vita. I see you don’t have one, going by your trophy list.

Don’t believe what you read on the Internet, the PS Vita is amazing and one of the best PlayStation systems around.

Unlike with the PS4, they implemented a great backwards compatibility system on PS Vita and you can even download digital PSP games you previously purchased on a PSP. And you can remap the controls and add bilinear filtering to reduce the jaggies a bit.

Unlike the PS4, PS Vita had many great first-party games since the day it was released and after the first year it already had a nice catalog.

Unlike the PS4, it actually has a DLNA app, YouTube since day one, a messaging system that works and a customizeable user interface.

solarwind12 20 March, 2015 @ 6:34 pm   32

I hope you fix the cheese that many plat owners of ps3 vers had to use, one where you first beat it on normal, beat the challanges and do insane playthrough with infinite magic/health etc, can’t remember full deal but thankfully i did challanges last, before i knew about the cheese, as tbh, that opening and closing parts on hardest were really insane, got me pulling out my hair but the reward of beating it was nice, i hear there was also a way to ‘break’ game using challanges, as in when you first enter hades you had hercules’s gauntlets somehow and could smash the chains, at start of game, so, don’t want to see any cheesed plats this time please, thanks for bringing this to ps4, i know all three are wanted but the finale is very welcome, do me until GoW4.

antoy920 20 March, 2015 @ 6:53 pm   33

Donde lo puedo conseguir por q no lo encuentro y este juego me gusta mucho

MajorSkilog 20 March, 2015 @ 6:57 pm   34

By the power of PS4, add stereoscopic 3D 🙂 ! This would be eye melting 🙂

smile_taisou 20 March, 2015 @ 7:03 pm   35

Pretty weird decision to remaster only the third game in the series, and after watching the trailer it doesn’t really look that well. I’m really sad there’s still no news about GOW4, or any other interesting first party title that I can look forward to after finishing Bloodborne.

I recommend looking forward to: 😀

– Ratchet & Clank (it’s RATCHET & CLANK!! Can’t go wrong with it! :D)

– Tearaway Unfolded (likely to be a masterpiece like the original PS Vita game)

– Rime (looks beautiful, looks unique, as a talented writer writing the story and the open-ended
    exploration looks soothing. We haven’t seen much of the puzzling gameplay yet though)

– The Tomorrow Children (reception of the Alpha test was great)

– Everybody’s Golf (it’s Everybody’s Golf, always fun)

– Alienation (Housemarque game, can’t go wrong)

– Fat Princess: Adventures (looks like a fun co-op game imo)

– Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (looks intriguing, likely to be worth playing if you like story-driven exploration games)

– Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (it’s Uncharted and Naughty Dog, likely to be some decent fun)

– What Remains of Edith Finch (looks super intriguing imo. Giant Sparrow makes great out-of-the-box games)

– Wild (it’s Michel Ancel, hugely amibitious and SCE. Looks very interesting)

NO THANKS

At this point, not including a copy/paste of GOW Collection 1 and 2, and 3+Ascensipon Remastered is a NO BUY

nodtomc 20 March, 2015 @ 7:40 pm   37

I have never played God of War as I only had an Xbox 360. A trilogy, I’d have bought in a heartbeat, as would many other converts this gen. Just the third one, I’ll give it a miss

hans832009 20 March, 2015 @ 7:46 pm   38

I don’t see the logic to release this. What are they going to do, add a first person mode??

They did that for a Project Morpheus prototype game actually. God of War in first person. 😛 Could be fun.

To answer your topic, like most remasters from PS3 to PS4:

I think it’s mostly aimed at people that haven’t played the game on PS3 yet, but are already too invested in PS4 to go back to PS3. And for big fans of the God of War III that like to play their favourite games in the best possible way, with the best graphics possible.

And yes, I’m surprised by it as well, but whenever I see the PlayStation twitter account tweeting about a game that is only on PS3, you constantly see lots of people asking for it to be on PS4, so clearly there’s some demand.

Keep in mind that (iirc) 30-40% of the PS4 userbase didn’t have a PS3 before.

counterUAVbaby 20 March, 2015 @ 7:55 pm   39

Great way to milk the game! How about Sony make your console backwards compatible? Even Wii U is much better that this console!

I agree, that they should have thought backwards compatibility better.

But to be fair, Mark Cerny and his team probably had to make a compromise somewhere when designing the PS4 hardware-wise:

– Retain the CELL CPU architecture from PS3 and make backwards compatible possible, but this means lots of work under the hood to optimize and program for PS4 like with the PS3. Also means a lot of R&D costs, which might lead to an expensive console.

– Go with x64-86 architecture

– Implement CELL CPU and RSX chip in every PS4 console to allow backwards compatibility. Unfortunately this would be a very challenging design to implement on a small motherboard and this would raise the production costs of PS4, which means more expensive PS4 console (€550-€600 probably)

It’s always a matter of compromising between costs, power/heat, and in this backwards compatibility as well.

Hopefully with PS5 they’ll keep x64-86 and implementing backwards compatbility with PS4 should be easier than PS4 with PS3.

I agree, Wii U and PS Vita are much better than PS4 on this front. 🙂

counterUAVbaby 21 March, 2015 @ 7:23 pm

@Cyrske I don’t care about their compromises at all! How Wii U manages to play backwards compatible games is beyond my mind.

SqueekyShoes93 20 March, 2015 @ 7:56 pm   40

When people bought the PlayStation 4 they were probably expecting awesome ‘New’ (First Party) AAA games (I know I was), not ports of stuff they’ve probably already played last Generation. At this point Sony should really just call the console a PortStation. This just makes me believe that the PlayStation ‘4’ was actually rushed out just to beat competitors. Sony will be lucky if I even buy two AAA games on their platform this year because once again this year is looking really lacklustre.

counterUAVbaby 20 March, 2015 @ 7:58 pm

Save yourself and sell that brick.

I recommend looking forward to (on PS4):

– Ratchet & Clank (it’s RATCHET & CLANK!! Can’t go wrong with it! :D)

– Tearaway Unfolded (likely to be a masterpiece like the original PS Vita game)

– The Tomorrow Children (reception of the Alpha test was great)

– Everybody’s Golf (it’s Everybody’s Golf, always fun)

– Alienation (Housemarque game, can’t go wrong)

– Fat Princess: Adventures (looks like a fun co-op game imo)

SqueekyShoes93 20 March, 2015 @ 8:40 pm

How can you say “Can’t go wrong”?! You are aware that 2014 has been regarded as one of the worst years of developers failing to deliver on their hyped up promises, right? Last year there was games that got pumped out unfinished (Assassin’s Creed: Unity) or somehow managed to look worse than their début (Watch_Dogs) or was just so hyped to look like an action packed adventure only to be released as an extremely flat and boring ‘adventure’ (Titanfall and Destiny). Last year was the year Developers proved that they can go wrong and honestly giving them this little bubble of protection is probably the worst thing you can do.

I won’t lie, I want to know more about Alienation (especially after how much I’m enjoying Helldivers) but that is about all I think that looks slightly cool. And even then we haven’t nearly heard enough about it to say it’s gonna be ‘amazing’. But yes I spent lots of money to play a few small indie titles… That’s ‘totally’ justifiable.

@ SqueekyShoes93

Because it’s Ratchet & Clank and Insomniac Games! 🙂

Anyway, to each their own. Have a good evening.

SqueekyShoes93 21 March, 2015 @ 1:26 am

@Cyrske

The implication that Insomniac haven’t made bad games must be the worst excuse I’ve seen to date… Resistance: Fall of Man was a mediocre shooter at best (it took 2 games for Insomniac to get that series right and by then it was too late) and on top of that Insomniac developed Ratchet & Clank Q-Force/Full Frontal Assault AND All 4 One (both of them were just abysmal because they were not Ratchet & Clank gameplay experiences) and let’s not forget (though I wish I could) the abomination that was Fuse. So yes, I think I can standby my statement in saying who a Developer is and what successes they have made in the past does NOT make them immune to criticisms OR immune to making bad games.

Also this quite bugged me: “If you’ve already played God of War III, then it probably isn’t targeted towards you.” That’s yet again where I have to disagree with you let’s replace some words here: If you already owned the PS3 then the PS4 isn’t targeted towards you. These questions sound incredibly similar don’t you think? Which leads me to ask why shouldn’t a PS4 be targeted towards the loyal fans of previous generations, or why should those who were loyal have to be starved of original First Party AAA games (I’m excluding indies because they are available on a much wider variety of platforms)? Why do the loyal fans who already bought these games last gen have to sit through these ridiculous ‘droughts’ so the PS4 ‘newbies’ can play games they missed out on due to a choice they made? At the end of the day we all bought a new games console for new games and there’s something absolutely fundamentally wrong when developers waste important development time and pour financial resources into porting a game (advertising, retailers, manufacturers etc) for a small amount of people who didn’t play it on PS3. If people are really itching to play the games of last gen then they should pick up a PS3; they are cheap, the games are incredibly cheap and mostly still available. This push for re-releases is not a good practice, especially when the games getting re-released are fairly recent titles.

counterUAVbaby 21 March, 2015 @ 7:22 pm

@Cyrske I’m not really looking forward at these games anyway! If I want Ratchet and Clank I will play the original ones, also Sony found a way to milk a lot out of it anyway, but if I want Insomniac games, I can get an Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive which is more fun and exclusive!

Lucreto 22 March, 2015 @ 2:13 pm

@SqueekyShoes93 post 40

Give them time. It takes 2 years to make a AAA game. We got 8 in 2013 on PS3 so this year should see more games this year as we seen so far. Sony have also stated they are reducing the time of announcing games to the release date. LBP3 is an example.

In fairness to Unity, the game would have been delayed again if it wasn’t part of Microsoft’s Christmas bundle and had to be released.

BadgerNips 20 March, 2015 @ 8:08 pm   41

To not include God of War: Ascension is fine, it’s a prequel that can sit outside of the main trilogy.

Failing to port the first two entries alongside this is an oversight. £40 for a 1080p 60FPS trilogy, ideally in stereoscopic 3D, is enormously enticing. £40 for the third entry that must sit alone on the PS4 is simply unappealing. As has already been said, it’s like releasing only the third film in a trilogy on Blu-ray.

So PS Vita turned out the be the better PlayStation system this generation and not PS4!

– Backwards compatibility with digital PSP games, your digital licenses can carry over; no need to buy remasters.

– A sleek, snappy and customizeable interface

– Great first-party games with great, innovative gameplay (Gravity Rush, Tearaway. @Eurogamer, you know “next-gen gameplay” :P)

– Plays music, video and photo media files, unlike PS4

– Portable (apples and oranges, I know. I’m kidding with this one :P)

– Friends notifications

– Free online multiplayer

– A messaging system that works! 😛

Okay, granted I’m fanboying a bit here. I apologize for the possible nuisance that I am with fanboy-ish posts like this.

Frankly, I’m happy with how the PS Vita turned out, despite the Internet trying to tell me that PS4 is the hyped, popular console in town that I should buy and that PS Vita is abandoned and whatnot.

Ryusennin 20 March, 2015 @ 8:27 pm   43

The PS4 is a freaking disgrace.

RodrigoSharingan 20 March, 2015 @ 9:05 pm   44

How about making a new game? … Im sick and tired of this HD/remasters, give us something NEW, people buy a new console to buy something new! Damn it…

What bothers me even more is that your pretty mutch gonna sell a old 2010 game for 40-50+€. Clearlly milking.

I somewhat agree.

However, imo any game that I’m playing for the first time is new to me. As long as it’s a good game, I’d be willing to pay money for it, no matter how old it may be. 🙂

Keep in mind there are likely many PS4 owners that haven’t played God of War III and so it’s essentially a new game for them.

And imo, there’s no shortage of new games. Dozens and dozens of new games are released each month.

New games are coming, these remasters don’t take entire studios to make. 90% of The Last of Us team went to help with Uncharted 4 while the other 10% worked on the Remaster.

@Cyrske
I don’t know who you are but from this topic only I know that I love you <3

nulenvoid 20 March, 2015 @ 10:10 pm   46

I don’t mind companies using these remasters as an exercise to port their pipeline and engines over to new architecture, but I’m a bit dumbfounded that they continually think they’re worth full price with no discounts for owners of the originals.

JediKnight246 20 March, 2015 @ 10:30 pm   47

What about God of War and God of War II? God of War III continues the story from the first two games. I’ve already played them but if I hadn’t I certainly wouldn’t want to start the series at the end.

Again remastered? And only god of war 3? We need GOD OF WAR COLLECTION FOR PS4!!!!!!!!

Congrats Sony Santa Monica with 10th aniversery GOD OF WAR,i player 40+ hours in titan mode alone,looking forward to The remastered version.

mafayeu 21 March, 2015 @ 8:51 am   50

So that s all we will have for christmas ? Remastered remastered and remastered? I suppose that until down and tearaway 1.5 will be avalable on september or october plus uncharted collection and yearrr that will be the supra hollyday 2015 line up! Just pathetic !

Porcupeth00 21 March, 2015 @ 11:24 am

July isn’t christmas

Lucreto 22 March, 2015 @ 1:45 pm

You do realise we are getting titles throughout the year while Xbox doesn’t have anything of note until late September. That is 6 months with nothing but small indie titles.

We had/have
    The Order last month,
    Bloodborne next week.
    Tropico 5 in April,
    Final Fantasy X/X2 HD in May,
    Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward in June
    God of War 3 Remaster in July

Then other titles like FFVII, Broken Age, Tearaway Unfolded are all due in the Summer timeframe. Then there are the indie titles inbetween.

Christmas is an important time I agree but bunching up all the titles into a small window with the other Third Party publishers doing the same is not good on profits. Look at Sunset Overdrive for example, it was a sales flop and a hit for Insomniac.

As it stands I expect an Uncharted Collection and a Mass Effect Trilogy Collection and with Assassin’s Creed Victory I am sorted until Uncharted 4.

Lucreto 22 March, 2015 @ 1:54 pm

I forgot to add wait until E3 and GamesCom before starting giving out about nothing to play in 9 months time.

joexx94 26 March, 2015 @ 1:55 pm