FFXIV Patch 2.55 is now online – the last big change before Heavensward!

Experience the thrilling finale of A Realm Reborn and the start of a new adventure!

Dear players and players-to-be, you have kept us busy. Although that is probably an understatement. With the launch of patch 2.51 and Gold Saucer, our servers showed herculean strength under your immense desire for a game of Triple Triad and some Chocobo racing. Then, the pre-orders for the boxed Heavensward versions started, and darn did you want to pre-order. That was a very exciting couple of days.

But the most exciting time is yet to come! With Heavensward less than three months away, we finally present you with both an end and a new beginning. In patch 2.55, you will finally learn the conclusion to the A Realm Reborn storyline – or will you…? Get prepared for your new journey into the unknown!

Patch 2.55 is NOW ONLINE!

FFXIV_PUB_Patch2.55_008FFXIV_PUB_Patch2.55_009

There be Dragons

There is a war going on, and you’re right at the brink – your introduction to the millennia-lasting Dragonsong War will be all but gentle.

Make Contact

The Holy See of Ishgard has been isolated from the rest of Eorzea for a long time. Make contact with this fabled city-state – laying the foundation for your adventures in Heavensward!

Prepare Yourself

With only less than three months left, take advantage of the addition of the Final Coil of Bahamut to the Duty Finder and the removal of the weekly limit on rewards in the World of Darkness to prepare yourself for the challenges to come. But most importantly, complete the brand new story quest “Before the Dawn” introduced in patch 2.55, to get immediate access to Heavensward content and head out to the fabled Ishgard right on release!

FFXIV_PUB_Patch2.55_005

Get Early Access to Heavensward

You want to walk into the unknown ahead of the official release? Then pre-order your boxed copy now at the Square Enix store! Of course we’re also working on making digital pre-orders available on PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

So many things to do, and I’m not even sure I can go cold turkey and leave the Gold Saucer! It’s just so cosy and warm and the next Cactpot ticket might be my big break!

See you in-game!

8 Comments
4 Author replies
TerrorOfDeath86 31 March, 2015 @ 11:38

Can I purchase the boxed collector’s edition from other online retailers? As the EMEA Square Enix store doesn’t allow purchases to be made from the Middle East.

PS: Isn’t EMEA supposed to be an abbreviation for Europe Middle East Africa?

Hergen 'Kahuna' Thaens 31 March, 2015 @ 13:09
1.1

Unfortunately, due to territory sales and logistical restrictions the Square Enix Online Stores are unable to serve certain territories. Specifically these restrictions relate to the sale of certain goods, transport, customs, and licensing, which is why there are a multitude of import stores specialising in these affected territories.

We can currently only offer the digital versions for Saudi Arabia, and the boxed CE is only available on the SE Store. Maybe you can get in touch with Free Company members that would order for you and pass the parcel on?

Lt_Fed_Brusque 31 March, 2015 @ 12:00

Sweeeeeet :D

Hergen 'Kahuna' Thaens 31 March, 2015 @ 13:09
2.1

Indeeeeeeed :D

beardyweirdy 31 March, 2015 @ 12:46

Are we ever getting the subscription put on the store my local shops have run out of time cards for months now like gamestop which is the only place that has them

Hergen 'Kahuna' Thaens 31 March, 2015 @ 13:10
3.1

You can already buy a digital game time card on the store – the code will be immediately sent to you! Just search for “game time” and you’ll find it.

beardyweirdy 31 March, 2015 @ 13:19

I.meant the playstation store

digital pre-order for Heavensward?

Game is buged for me, PS4 Trophy – Warrior of Light do not trigger :(
Worked so hard on this and Square Enix can’t help since the game is supported on PS4……..

Hergen 'Kahuna' Thaens 31 March, 2015 @ 16:23
6.1

This is news to me – I’ll forward this to our QA team. Cheers!

It’s not buged, it’s just a bit (very) weird to get if you already completed the main escenario on pc, I’m guessing that’s what you did. You can’t complete it again on ps3/4, as those quests are already flaggled as completed and doing them again will do nothing. BUT complete ANY other quest, it doesn’t mather if it’s a random level 1 one you get from a town npc, and the game will “check” for quest completition and voilà, it’ll pop. Seriously, just complete any quest.
It’s easy to get it “accidentally” that way when you keep playing even if you’ve already given up on getting it, so it’s not too much of a deal, but I think you guys should at least mention it somewhere as it’s not exactly intuitive for someone in that situation… :P

6.3

It’s a BUG for sure, because I only play on PS4. I don’t have the game on PS3 or PC.
I have 1 support ticket at Square Enix [t4777990:86cb] and one at SONY [Incidente: 150331-007625].

Square Enix can’t help me and asked me to address the issue with SONY…. and SONY can’t help me beacause they don’t fix this kind of issues (Trophy bugs).

So…. 1 bug… no solution available at all :(

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history