PlayStation Plus in April: Dishonored, Killzone Mercenary, Never Alone, more

Tower of Guns, Aaru’s Awakening, MonsterBag also join the service this month

Spring is officially here but that doesn’t mean it’s time to put down your controller and head outside! We’ve got some great titles coming your way courtesy of PlayStation Plus this April, so make sure you download them before they vanish quicker than an Easter egg!

New on PlayStation 4:

First up this month on PS4 is yet another day one title for PS Plus! Tower of Guns is an old-school rogue-like first person shooter with randomised levels and enemies. It’s a pure FPS experience for players who just want to grab a big gun, shoot stuff and battle gigantic bosses. No stupid NPCs to get in the way, no ridiculous story to explain your motivations. You’re the good guy, they’re the bad guys. If you get to the end, you win.

Next up, developed in partnership with the Alaska Native community, Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is an atmospheric puzzle platformer that explores the harsh and dynamic world of Alaska Native stories. You will explore awe-inspiring environments, perform heroic deeds, and meet legendary characters. Take on the roles of both Nuna and Fox as you explore the fascinating, frigid and potentially deadly world of the Iñupiat people.

And don’t miss Aaru’s Awakening – a stylish hand-drawn, fast-paced 2D action platformer, that’s also available on PS3. The game puts players in charge of Aaru, a mythical creature with two unique abilities; teleportation and charging. He uses these abilities as he travels through the dangerous world of Lumenox to defeat an evil entity. These two abilities are at the heart of every level design throughout the game, to make for a challenging and fluid experience.

New on PlayStation 3:

We’ve a real treat for PS3 owners this month – a game that IGN rated 9.2/10, and a must-play for any discerning gamer. Dishonored is a stealth action adventure set in the fictional, plague-ridden industrial city of Dunwall. The game follows the story of Corvo Attano, bodyguard to the Empress of the Isles, who is framed for her murder and forced to become an assassin, seeking revenge on those who conspired against him.

New on PS Vita:

From the talented team at Guerilla Cambridge comes the ultimate in portable FPS action, Killzone Mercenary. You are thrown into a deadly firefight where you not only fight alongside the dangerous ISA, but also shoulder to shoulder with the vicious Helghast. There is no good. There is no evil. There is only the mission… and the money.

Finally this month, make sure you pick up MonsterBag. This tricky little title is all about puzzles and platforms as you try and guide a little backpack-shaped monster on a stealthy adventure in an attempt to reach his friend Nia. MonsterBag may look cute and funny but there’s a dark side also await…

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:
8h April: Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
8th April: Valiant Hearts
8th April: Papo and Yo
8th April: Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments
8th April: OlliOlli2 Welcome to Olliwood
8th April: CounterSpy

Entering PS Plus:
8th April: Tower of Guns (PS4/PS3)
8th April: Never Alone (PS4)
8th April: Dishonored (PS3)
8th April: Aaru’s Awakening (PS4/PS3)
8th April: Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita)
8th April: MonsterBag (PS Vita)

Don’t miss out! Make sure to add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 p/m. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

314 Comments
0 Author replies
renaultmilton 31 March, 2015 @ 16:35

As i always writed: ”Nice ganmes for PS Plus in April” in my Birthday list, I will pick up MonsterBag for PS Vita this week! :D

renaultmilton 31 March, 2015 @ 16:36
1.1

(Games)

1.2

(wrote)

Sorry to hijack but why do we Europeans have to wait until the 8th of April? I am pretty sure that if the US store were to be updated on wednesdays and EU store were to be updated on tuesdays, than surely the US store would have the games this wednesday and would not wait for the EU store at all. But noooooo, the world revolves around USA and we have to wait until they get their games. Because God Forbid a soccer mom from Arkansas calls Sony HQ USA and complains them that her 8 year old kid got owned on COD:AW by an 7 year old kid and cried. After so much crying and anger he later wants to try the new free games in Plus but to his surprise the US store does not have the games although the EU store has them and he goes on a rampage killing his classmates with his step father’s assault rifle which is in an unclocked box under his bed. And US department of justice(!) fines Sony US for $20M in damages to the families of the victims. God Forbid!

Show more replies

Backlog month for me.

Dito, but I’m running out of games to play, and fast! As Spring is officially here, maybe it’s time to put down my controller and head outside!

2.2

It’s really sad that this is pretty much the last big Vita game to give away. Nobody is making them.
The Vita is now worse than a Nintendo home console. At least Nintendo makes games for the Wii U.

2.3

p.s this moderation queue thing is garbage. blocking free speech on a blog is very questionable.

Show more replies

Ugh…

WOW… *Claps Slowly* well done Sony, well done. brilliant month.

Are you being sarcastic?

4.2

@Guylian no.. i actually love this month. been wanting Killzone and Dishonored for a long time now!

I’m not usually one to moan but… i will! I think it’s about time Killzone Shadow Fall was up on here, you can pick it up for peanuts in store but would be a nice gesture to people who were disappointed with it failing to match the hype. Not that it was a bad game, it was just a ‘good’ game, nothing amazing.

5.1

I really hope that’s never gonna happen.
Basically every PS4 owner has or had Killzone SF and if not they can buy it for a few euros. Why would you want a cheap, valueless game for PS+ what you could buy for nothing?(Killzone SF is a good game, but it’s a launch title, everyone has it and it worths nothing)
A Never Alone is hundred times better for PS+. It’s a digital title so you only can buy it on Store, its price is constant, and most of the PS4 owners wouldn’t buy it on their own, but maybe would like to play it.

residentSteve 31 March, 2015 @ 19:17
5.2

Not shadowfail such a disappointment terrible game it made me instantly regret buying a ps4.

The indie games are cheap too and you can buy them if you want. Its time the ps4 offering improved and balances out. You say every ps4 owner has shadow fall, I know I don’t and I bet a lot don’t, and I’m a hell of a lot more likely to play shadowfall than never alone.

Show more replies

“I am sceptical of your claims, sir” – hippo.

6.1

Do not speak my name so lightly, child.

6.2

If your name is a reference to GMCFOSHO then my hat is well and truly off to you, sir.

any chance of seeing a discount on the killzone mercs dlc seeing as it’s on ps+ now?

7.1

As cheap as the DLC is, why bother?

because a botmode on a handheld game should’ve been in the thing in the first place and not sold on the side as dlc

Feel a little bit of regret for already buying Never Alone. Should have probably waited for this free version :(

It happens to everyone, I bought Transistor on sale and then a week later it was announced for PS plus

8.2

Same here and I still don’t regret buying it either :)

NorthernFusion 31 March, 2015 @ 22:42
8.3

Don’t regret it, Never Alone is well worth owning.

Show more replies

I’m so glad I kept holding off buying Killzone Mercenary, it seems my patience has been rewarded.

ScoobyRIOT-_- 29 April, 2015 @ 12:15
9.1

Yep! (I would have never been that patient! xD

ummagummachild 31 March, 2015 @ 16:40

Well…what to say. #killzonemercenary is a super game but I already got it and I don’t think I could be any more excited about #monsterbag. #killzonemercenary is the best #fps on vita so i dont think any vita owner didnt have it already. Thankfully my subscription expired and I was in no mood to extend it. This list gave me the reason I was seeking. I don’t have my #ps4 with me so only #psvita games were in my attention. I wud better buy some titles in summer sale.

#Thanks for sharing your #opinion.

I haven’t played #killzonemercenary on #psvita yet, so I think I’m going to #buy it. Thanks for the #recommendation. :D

howboutthisthen 01 April, 2015 @ 10:47
10.2

Not everybody cares about shooters. In particular, I doubt many Vita owners who picked up a console in the last couple of years did so for the slim range of them available on it.

Still, I picked KZ:M up in the sale a while ago and really enjoyed it. Campaign was short but it was punchy, fun to play and at least it didn’t outstay it’s welcome.

smell_ya_l8r 31 March, 2015 @ 16:40

Killzone Mercenary :-)

Does it also work on Playstation TV? I Would like to play it on the big screen too.

zalwelgoedgaan 31 March, 2015 @ 16:42
11.1

It does.

4 out of 6 ganes

12.1

Fail…. Meant to say “4 out of 6 games I don’t already own. Rather than 6 out of 6. Less of an impact on my backlog/collection too ;)”

A good month I would say. But we don’t have Aaru’s Awakening in Sweden. What will we get instead of that title?

13.1

In Portugal we also don’t have Aaru’s Awakening, I also would like to know what will we get insted

13.2

Aaru’s Awakening was removed, without warning, form many UE stores.
I guess now they will release it everywhere.

counterUAVbaby 01 April, 2015 @ 11:52
13.3

Nothing you getting, I guess…

Show more replies

Before people trip out they should read this:

14.2

For some people, they just don’t care though. They would prefer “AAA” nonsense like BF4 or Watch Dogs (2 games I haven’t touched to this day btw) and they wouldn’t consider Never Alone to be a game for “gamers” at all. Thankfully we aren’t all like that. I was planning on grabbing Never Alone in a discount at some point but being able to play it next week is just awesome now :D

14.3

@andrewsqual unfortunetly you are right…
Many people only care about to get a boxed title for PS+, they don’t care if it’s a bad game, but just be a boxed game…
I read once that someone would more like to get Amazing Spiderman 2 than Valiant Hearts or Oddworld: New’n’Tasty just because it’s boxed. I feel sorry for those people.

Show more replies
StevenJamesHyde 31 March, 2015 @ 16:42

Really interesting selection. Never Alone, Aaru’s and Tower of Guns are all the sort of things that piqued my interest but never enough to pay money for – perfect Plus picks

It’s all academic of course, I shall be spedning the entirety of April playing Bloodborne

stargateheaven 31 March, 2015 @ 16:43

I have a suggestion about the video.

Can it just be in the PSN store in the plus area each month?

and could you put the hardware i order.. it’s weird to go ps4, ps3, vita, ps4, ps3, vita. why not group together?

dark_angel69 31 March, 2015 @ 16:44

Not really a good month for me cos I already finished Dishonored and Killzone Mercenary. But they are two games that make this month a good one! Killzone Mercenary is impressive for the Vita this month! Hope to see more of that. Sold both games off long time ago so would be nice to get into them again if I can get the time. Might get round to playing the two PS4 games eventually too. But not for a while as I’m busy with a lot of games right now. Will use next month to tackle my backlog.

Good thing I cancelled PS+. It’s my 4th month to get the ‘free games’ and honestly, only Papo & Yo was worth to play for me. I could have saved the money and buy that game directly…

18.1

Papo & Yo? I really didn’t care for that. There were nice ideas here and there, but it was ugly and didn’t play well… Care to explain why you think it was good?

Click on one of the two comments below that corresponds better on how you feel about this ps+ update.
Please, click only one (and vote one time only), so that the results are representative of our feelings towards it. Thank you.

19.1

>> I enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

19.2

>> I don’t enjoy this month’s ps+ update.

zalwelgoedgaan 31 March, 2015 @ 16:48
19.3

You’re kinda late bro. x_x You could hijack one of the early replies, hahaha

Show more replies
TheDrSanchez 31 March, 2015 @ 16:45

Phew, another month, another collection of triple AAA games….oh wait no, that’s Microsoft this month.
Tower of guns?! huh?

Good thing there’s choice to buy an Xbox or PlayStation console then. Or even both.

Also, Killzone Mercenary and Dishonored are indeed AAA games, so that forms a collection of AAA games indeed! ;)

20.2

Seriously…it’s £35 a year, £3 a month and people want AAA games every month. Let’s be realistic here, both Xbox & PS and good and bad months.

I personally think the Ps Plus offering has been pretty good and I’ve got a fair few games I’ve really enjoyed :)

OLDSKOOL_O-G 02 April, 2015 @ 11:55
20.3

Its actually £40 a year im into my second year on ps4 and the only game i have enjoyed is outlast as i injustice online dont work infamous first light did not appeal to me after being let down by second son ,, I’ve got 2 questions 1 who make sony more money AAA gamers ? or indie gamers, and 2 did you really spend all that money on a next gen console to play indie games?

Meh, looks like I’ll be playing borderlands the handsome collection until may, then it be time for the Witcher 3.

Killzone Mercs is awesome, better than Shadow Fall. Great month but I’m all about Bloodborne for the foreseeable future!

Shapeshifter_dan 31 March, 2015 @ 23:00
22.1

It isn’t better than SF.

The SP yes, but the MP no way. And I play these games mainly for MP.
Still KZ:M has a good MP for an handheld device.

Great month for Vita!

European_Gamer 31 March, 2015 @ 18:05
23.1

I agree. Killzone and the brand new Vita exclusive first party game MosterBag.

Tower of Guns? What’s this?
Never Alon, interested.
Dishonored, too many dlcs.
Aaru’s Awakening? What’s this?
Killzone Mercenary, already bought.
MonsterBag? What’s this?

Conclusion: dissapointed.

24.1

No offence, but that’s a ridiculous comment. You’re disappointed when you dont know what half the games are. The original point of PS+ for most people was that, for free, you got to try a bunch of games you’d not normally try and potentially find new favourite games/genres.

I’m disappointed this month, because it’s a really poor offering compared to Microsoft and Sony have really failed to do anything to make PS+ worthwhile since it became essential for online gaming. Which sucks.

But all 3 games you said you’ve never heard of, I’ll be downloading and playing. Even if I only get an hours entertainment from them, it justifies my £4 payment. It’s not a great offering by any means, and falls short of Microsoft, but at least we’re getting games that are highly rated (Never Alone) or new, instead of games that are re-releases and sold on sale the previous week.

madmanwithabox12 31 March, 2015 @ 17:18
24.2

@aimeraya: Maybe do some research on the games you don’t know before writing them off as garbage. Tower of Guns, Monster Bag and Aaru’s Awakening all look awesome.

24.3

This dishonored DLCs are addons and don’t affect the original game at all.

Why the hell do we get indie games for PS3? And another bad month for PS4

25.1

Since when was dishonored an indie game?

If you haven’t played it, it’s worth the monthly fee alone

25.2

I am not referring to dishonored mate.

25.3

Then I don’t see the problem.

Will state again, Dishonored is worth the monthly fee alone.

Show more replies

Only Dishonoured for me this month :) Good line up though

Already have Never Alone, bought it in the sale. Nice little game, worth a play to anyone who hasn’t!

Cue the *indie station* / entitled comments regarding the 6 great games :|

Is MonsterBag PlayStation TV compatible?

Wow… Very nice update!

When are you going to stop treating PS4 users with contempt? You should be encouraging PS3 users to upgrade. Oh wait, you don’t have to give us decent games because we have to subscribe to play online. 1.5 retail games in 18 months is a JOKE.

Never Alone is worth a play for anyone that hasn’t played it but there are enough worthless PS4 games now to be giving us.

Yup ps plus is definetly going downhill, fast.

It’s only dishonored for me I don’t own ps4 or vita… thinking of buying vita because I own like 20 or more excellent games got from ps plus but I am confused as the future for vita seems very dark

31.1

Enjoy the 20 games you have for it then. The future is always dark. That’s why it’s the future.

madmanwithabox12 31 March, 2015 @ 20:44
31.2

Future for Vita isn’t dark. It’s got more games in development than other platform on the market. It’s just not seeing love from Sony due to its poor sales, which is also why big publishers won’t touch it with a 6000ft barge pole. But it’s got plenty of great games out and coming up.

Is whoa dave still a bonus game for PS4?

RodrigoSharingan 31 March, 2015 @ 17:00

Dishonored is the only good thing in April. Cant even give myself the strengh to dowload the loads of indies that no one knows what they are or even care about them.

Never Alone and Dishonored are cool, I already have Killzone, Aaru and MonsterBag I’ll have to try first…overall a pretty solid month, thanks!

Just llike to say I’ve been with ps plus since day one and it’s by far tthe best subscription service out there. 4 pound a month for totally awesomeness. For all the negative commenters oout there use the 4 ppounds a month on something else aand stop bogging up the blog message boards

No reasons for me to renew my Plus membership this month, thanks Sony ;-)

Well on PS4 that means no online multiplayer unfortunately. :(

And on PS3 and PS Vita it’s usually worth it to subscribe to PS+ imo. Unless you’re really picky.

DoYouLikeMyID 31 March, 2015 @ 17:05

Really solid month for me! The only game I already own here is Killzone: Mercenary, and I’m interested in every other game on offer! Awesome! :D

DarkArchoNx66 31 March, 2015 @ 17:05

First month without a subscription and damn, Dishonored is coming to plus…oh wait, I have platinumed more than 2 years ago.. Somewhat old but still a must play game for anyone who hasn’t had already..As I primarily used to subscribe just for Ps3, I am quite content with this month..Nothing I’m missing.

They as in sony are going to have to put there hand in there pockets every 3mths will do AAA,not just at Christmas .Oh before i forget P.S games are same as US last few,how aboat we as in EU ect get the same deals ,flash sales and wait for it PRICE on games ,its time we stopped paying for there store ,which is fact.

39.1

Every 3 months won’t even cut it. We’ve seen nothing but indies so far. Time for AAA on the regular. That’s the one thing that made the mandatory PLUS for ps4 online gaming more bearable, and so far I’ve only seen indies being shoved down my throath.

What about Portugal and Sweden? We have no Aaru’s available at the store. What is the replacement??

RollingSun2000 02 April, 2015 @ 17:16
40.1

Aaru’s Awakening isn’t available anywhere yet. It will be released April 8th.

another [MODERATED] month with PS+ and PS4. Thanks Sony, but Microsoft with XBONE is better this month.

Majik_Meerkat 31 March, 2015 @ 17:12

I literally just bought killzone mercenary in the sale, if I knew this I would have bought Tearaway instead.

Overlord1304 01 April, 2015 @ 08:18
42.1

I feel you! :'(
I also bought Tearaway in another sale, and I’m sure that will probably come to Vita next month.

supersmith2500 31 March, 2015 @ 17:14

8th April? Is it not Wednesdays anymore?

StevenJamesHyde 31 March, 2015 @ 17:16
43.1

April 8th is a Wednesday dood

supersmith2500 31 March, 2015 @ 17:17
43.2

Ah, I mislooked, it always Wednesday. lol.

Nice line-up as always. Enjoy it, people.

The_Dirk_Diggler 31 March, 2015 @ 17:15

I can’t wait to get home and not download any of this…

madmanwithabox12 31 March, 2015 @ 20:41
45.1

Cool. It’s your money your wasting. =)

madmanwithabox12 31 March, 2015 @ 20:41
45.2

*you’re

45.3

No, it was your.
Your original spelling was correct.

Show more replies

Love u ps plus

46.1

How come the games are in second Wednesday of the month

dark_angel69 31 March, 2015 @ 17:44
46.2

Cos Americans must always get their games first so we get the day after them

46.3

If that’s true then Sony have broken the one rule that they still have not broken that ps plus games are first Wednesday of month

Show more replies

LOL
Also today not even one message about PS Home, you know a place where many people bought your virtual stuff and that you closed for no valid reason. But we already know how you feel about players.

Show full comment

Another disappointing month of ps+ on ps4, honestly if it wasn’t for battlefield and having to have ps+ to play online I wouldn’t have renewed my sub. I certainly won’t be renewing it in 3 though, not unless the quality of these games improves. I mean seriously isn’t the purpose of ps+ to entice people to want to buy a PlayStation? And surly your priorities should be on ps4 now, they’re remaking nearly every ps3 game for ps4 it seems so why keep putting the better games on ps3? Ps4 should have the better games So it geta people to buy ps4s, seeing as how now we have to have it on ps4 to play online, you don’t need to convince people to get plus, but they do need a reason to buy a ps4. Cause lets face it your whole “greatness awaits” thing has been a massive flop. There’s been one ps4 game that’s stood out as great to me I’m the last year and a half and there’s only one exclusive coming out that I’m even remotely interested in. So seeing as how your games ain’t doing anything ps+ should be a lot better than it currently is. You even let tomb raider become a timed exclusive on Xbox, that’s been on PlayStation from the start and now PlayStation may not even get it. Seriously you need to either sort out your games or make plus better, cause I’m seriously considering selling my ps4 at the moment and buying an Xbox 1 instead. Seriously Sony sort it out

1. Paragraphs
2. Get a PS Vita

48.2

That’s what I will do after 3 generations of Playstation… buy an xbox one.
PS4 users are still waiting for Drive Club PS+ and the studio is hit with layoffs. What is going on? They don’t even tell the truth to the players.

3. Sort your sentence structure out
4. Improve punctuation

And now people might actually read your reply. :P

Sorry for possibly coming over across as a douchy, displeasant person, but I think a wall of text like that is repellent to read for most people.

Show more replies

Good to see some love for the PS Vita, about damn time! And I am very interested in Aaru’s Awakening!

But then again I have to admit that Microsoft has beaten Sony two months in a row with their game line up, come on Sony, you are on the right track!

49.1

Has there ever been a strategy JRPG in the IGC ??

I would love to have that for a change.

There was Rainbow Moon. That goes in the direction that you are looking for.
RPGs are overdue though. I haven’t seen any since Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen in September 2013.

49.3

Rainbow Moon did not appeal to me at all…

I’m really hoping for something like these games:

– Final Fantasy Tactics
– Tactics Ogre; Let Us Cling Together
– Persona 3 portable
– Disgaea 3/4

Even though they are PSP games for the most part, there is nothing wrong with it, if it is a quality game.

lizziebear66 31 March, 2015 @ 17:22

Never alone is a great wee game
Dishonoured looks interesting

50.1

Dishonored is amazing.

And the challenge of completing the game without ever being seen or killing anyone is there if you have the time.

stephan91182 01 April, 2015 @ 10:10
50.2

Wait to till you see the mechanics of never alone its horrible.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history