Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, coming soon on PlayStation 4

Check out Eidos-Montréal's brand new announcement trailer below

Hello PlayStation Nation! I’m Jean-Francois Dugas, Executive Game Director at Eidos-Montréal. Eight years ago, we set out to revive the Deus Ex franchise, which held a very special place in my heart both as a gamer and a developer. In 2011, after a lot of love and effort was put into it, we released Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the very first game to be created at our studio. It was a terrific achievement for us, and we were more than ready to take the series to the next level.

Today, we are extremely proud and excited to present you with the announcement trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is coming soon on PlayStation 4. Switch off the lights, turn up the volume and make sure to watch it in full screen and 1080p!

We’ve had the pleasure of working in collaboration with Square Enix’s Visual Works studio for this trailer, to introduce the setting of Mankind Divided. The game takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea, which ended the golden era of human augmentation. These terrible events scarred the world and caused augmented people to be segregated and deemed as outcasts.

Mankind Divided also sees the return of Adam Jensen as our main character, who is now a counter-terrorism agent playing by his own rules. Equipped with all new augmentations, Jensen will travel across the world to unravel a vast conspiracy involving secret organizations, which are working behind the scenes in an attempt to control the fate of mankind.

DXMD-still-8

We are fully committed to creating an uncompromising Deus Ex experience: choice and consequence is at the heart of everything we do, whether it be for story, gameplay, customisation or exploration. As you can imagine, we will have quite a lot to show you in the coming months.

Let us know what you think so far and join us on Facebook and Twitter – we’re looking forward to reading your comments. Thanks for your support!

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
39 Comments
0 Author replies

Stunning trailer! Of course no actual gameplay, but hot damn does that trailer looks gorgeous.
Really excited to see more of the game! Glad to know we are actually getting another Deus Ex game. Hopefully be able to make it as awesome, if not more awesome then Human Revolution!

Finally! One of my fav game series since the first one on pc and still have fond memories of human rev too. Guess I kind of expected a sequel last-gen but it never came around. Can’t wait at all.

Day One, just tell me when!

dark_angel69 08 April, 2015 @ 17:09

Looks great! Really looking forward to seeing more of this! Couldn’t even tell you how many times I played Human Revolution over and over again as it’s beyond counting so I’m really looking forward to seeing more of this one!

Not soon enough.

Great stuff but…..define coming soon? would that be 2015, 2016 or 2017? It helps me to hibernate.

My guess is somewhere around Fall 2016. Would rather have it sooner than later, but will gladly wait if it’s as amazing as HR.

How soon? 2015?

2016.

Source: assumption of mine because if it was 2015 they would probably already have said ‘coming 2015’. :)

Blimey, that was only announced yesterday and now this! Take me to your pre order!!!

It’s a really nice trailer that sets the scene well, just need to see how the gameplay turns out, Human revolution was a good reboot of the series so lets hope that continues with this one, we don’t want another Deus EX Invisible war.

MarkoZecevic 08 April, 2015 @ 17:30

You had me scared for a second there! I thought it was another remaster.. Phew…

I have bought HR 5 times and I’d buy it a 6th time on PS4. ^^

THUNDERCAT1973 08 April, 2015 @ 17:31

How soon is soon, by gaming standards of the word it could be late 2016!!

the end of the trailer had PS4 box art that looked final to me, i would guess end of year for the Xmas rush unless it gets delayed, there is of course E3 to come so we might know more then maybe even some gameplay.

The very first Deus Ex is one of the best RPG FPS games in history, Human Revolution is in my top3 favorite games on PS3. Can’t wait for this one!

European_Gamer 08 April, 2015 @ 17:46

It’s looking good. But how far the trailer is from actual game graphics.

European_Gamer 09 April, 2015 @ 07:45
14.1

Edit: It’s looking good. But how far is the trailer from actual game graphics?

@ European_Gamer

Very far! It’s a pre-rendered CGI trailer by Square Enix Visual Works. The graphics you see in this trailer were rendered on massive Linux server clusters. :)

For the graphics I think you should expect inFamous Second Son-level of graphics with a yellow-ish / gold filter. :) (if it’s going to have the same gold filter like in Deus Ex Human Revolution)

Great trailer. Oozing music and great work for the visuals by Square Enix Visual Works as always.

Like Voffen says though, I’m also not a fan of Adam Jensen killing people in a vicious way like that (or killing in general). I know it’s fictional of course, but still.

Any estimation for when it’s going to release in 2016? Fall 2016?

Show more replies

I loved the last Deus Ex game except for the boss fights that where completely out of character with the rest of the game. I hope the new game won’t make that same mistake. If it doesn’t it’ll be a perfect 10.

15.1

Check the directors cut if you get a chance, they didn’t perfect them but they sorted the boss fights out enough to make them good

Project2insanity 08 April, 2015 @ 18:43

I never asked for this. Oh, wait… Yes, I did! HR may be my favourite game of the PS3 era. I am excited.

I loved Human Revolution, and don’t get me wrong, this looks good, but is the stealth factor gone? Jensen looks unstoppable; like a walking tank, meaning stealth is probably no longer needed. I’ll have to see some gameplay before I criticise, but this trailer doesn’t show any of the stealth that I came to really enjoy in the previous instalment.

I’ll still buy it regardless!

17.1

You didn’t *need* stealth in HR, rather you chose it, for the moral side of the game. I preferred the stealth parts though, so let’s hope there is still a good gameplay aspect on it :)

ANY date of release?

Ahhhh. This trailer doesn’t do it for me. I kinda dislike it. My Adam Jensen wouldn’t be that kind och crap character who slashes and kills people kinda random. Nah, I will go pure stealth and save as many lives as possible. Even if those basterds called “Bad guys” want to be killed.

Very excited about this. Bring some stealthy Jensen!

3rd person view please. Kthnxbie.

Loved Human Revolution so this is great news. Will buy it if it turns out to be good.

evergreen_15 09 April, 2015 @ 11:06

Let’s hope a PS4 version of the Director’s Cut of Human Revolution is coming then. I had the original on PS3, but I’m rubbish at FPS and knowing the bosses relied so heavily on those skills put me off. I love world and the aesthetic of these games, I hope I get a chance to catch up with the story before Mankind Divided comes out!

evergreen_15, there’s a really easy way around the boss fights. You can just hit them with typhoon Aug a couple of times and they’re done. No shooting skills needed.

That “soon” is annoying me. If that’s so “soon” where the hell is release date?

Looks Amazing and I can’t wait please keep with the 1st game! -Cetiplanet

“Switch off the lights, turn up the volume and make sure to watch it in full screen and 1080p!”

The embedded video only goes up to 720p!

P4NCH0theD0G 09 April, 2015 @ 20:03

Loved HR, so I am very excited about this.

Even better, JFD said that they won’t repeat the Energy System from HR (my biggest personal issue with that game).
You know, how you kinda were punished for keeping your energy cells charged beyond the one that always recharges, and only charged them when you needed more. It also won’t be like the DC version, with two recharging cells.

So… can’t wait :D

Trailer lokks amazing, can’t wait to get my hands on the game!!!

theone_MTXJEDI 26 April, 2015 @ 10:58

I am Oracle the global clan leader of Team ‘MTX’ aka Matrix, from the very 1st original Dues Ex. Bring back online play! So we can rise again! Keep up the good work.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history