PlayStation Store charts, March: Bloodborne storms to #1

Hotline Miami 2, Helldivers and Battlefield Hardline also make their debuts

After less than seven days on sale, acclaimed PS4 exclusive Bloodborne was the big winner during the month of March, fending off Battlefield Hardline to take the top spot on PS4. Brilliant, barmy top-down shooter Helldivers also had an excellent first month, debuting at six – the highest ranking digital-only title on the chart.

Elsewhere, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number put in a strong debut, topping the PS Vita chart, stylish JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines entered at number four and a flurry of rockstar titles stormed back up the charts by virtue of recent discounts.

See the full rundowns below.

PS4:

1. Bloodborne (New)
  2. Battlefield Hardline (New)
  3. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (3)
  4. Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (Re-entry)
  5. The Last of Us Remastered (RE)
  6. Helldivers (New)
  7. Dragon Ball Xenoverse (13)
  8. Monopoly Plus (New)
  9. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (7)
  10. FIFA 15 (RE)
  11. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (5)
  12. Grand Theft Auto V (11)
  13. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (RE)
  14. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (New)
  15. Trials Fusion (RE)
  16. PES 2015 Pro Evolution Soccer (RE)
  17. Life is Strange (4)
  18. DRIVECLUB (18)
  19. Outlast (RE)
  20. Dying Light (1)

PS Vita:

1. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (New)
  2. Helldivers (New)
  3. FIFA 15 (10)
  4. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (New)
  5. Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition (3)
  6. Hotline Miami (RE)
  7. Dead Nation (RE)
  8. Unit 13 (RE)
  9. Killzone Mercenary (1)
  10. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (RE)
  11. LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita (20)
  12. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (5)
  13. Silent Hill Book of Memories (RE)
  14. WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship (New)
  15. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (RE)
  16. God of War Collection (4)
  17. Freedom Wars (RE)
  18. Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (RE)
  19. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (RE)
  20. FEZ (RE)

PS3:

1. Grand Theft Auto V (RE)
  2. Max Payne 3 (RE)
  3. Red Dead Redemption (RE)
  4. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (1)
  5. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (2)
  6. Grand Theft Auto IV (RE)
  7. FIFA 15 (14)
  8. LA Noire (RE)
  9. Demon’s Souls (RE)
  10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse (New)

PS1 & PS2 Classics

1. Canis Canem Edit (16)
  2. Final Fantasy IX (9)
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (RE)
  4. Final Fantasy VIII (10)
  5. GTA: Vice City Stories (RE)
  6. Grand Theft Auto 3 (RE)
  7. The Warriors (RE)
  8. Crash Bandicoot (3)
  9. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (4)
  10. Final Fantasy VI (RE)
33 Comments
3 Author replies
renaultmilton 13 April, 2015 @ 14:04

After many month and days for Minecraft #1 Storm, Its time to end the storm.

supersmith2500 13 April, 2015 @ 14:05

Can I ask you something Fred, why didn’t you cover the sale charts on February? Staff layoffs?

2.1

We had an issue with the data pull last month – all back to normal now (and you can see some of the February placings in the charts above).

This is not surprizing. Bloodborne was sold out everywhere in London. I don’t remember any game doing that since The Last of Us.

supersmith2500 13 April, 2015 @ 14:19
3.1

It was even sold out at my local game shops too. Luckily got mine from Argos.

zalwelgoedgaan 13 April, 2015 @ 14:13

When are we going to have flash sales? In the most recent US one, I purchased all of the titles again like in the previous two. http://i.imgur.com/oJh5dia.png

Come on SCEE, get on the ball already! You have plenty of early first party titles from 2007-2008 etc. that you can sell for €1.

zalwelgoedgaan 13 April, 2015 @ 14:17
4.1

Proof that I bought all the games from the previous 2 sales:

I’m just voting with my wallet here and making my voice heard, it’s what customers are supposed to do.

European_Gamer 13 April, 2015 @ 14:30
4.2

Never, every SCE region do their own promotions and sales.

4.3

Probably around “never”

Sadly that’s how it is, don’t count on SCEE. If only on Vita there were dual accounts… huh….

And yeah… with 1 EUR sales I would “waste” much more money than I do now.

Show more replies
supersmith2500 13 April, 2015 @ 14:18

Why did you skipped February’s sale charts?

Suikoden 2 not being in the top 10 in the classic chart make me sad.

6.1

Both suikodens were released in February (kinda sad that we didn’t get to see charts) probably all people bought it than. (I know that I did :D)

6.2

Suikoden 2 debuted at #1 in February’s chart, followed by Suikoden 1 at #2. In the March chart, they dropped to 18 and 19 respectively.

6.3

Ha! There is god on earth!

Suikoden grabbing 2 first places is a good news indeed. It’s like that was the only result I was willing to accept :P

Bit sad that we rarely have more classics. Those games are simply better than majority of new stuff presented on consoles. I would kill for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Breath of Fire, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile… not to mention other games missing on PSN. And that’s only PSX games!

Sadly SCEE stopped releasing “PSN imports”… that was fancy idea but they stopped for whatever reasons. All in all we will miss many gems that we didn’t have chance to play.

Ow well… stil Suikoden taking peak is very good news.

European_Gamer 13 April, 2015 @ 14:28

BREAKING NEWS: Minecraft is no longer in top 10 on PS4.

X_Blood_Curse_X 13 April, 2015 @ 14:30

Any reason my UK copy of Bloodborne doesn’t show my activity? E.g trophies, when I’ve played it ect. Also, why are there no “Players met” appearing after playing online? I cant message anyway i’ve played Bloodborne with, it’s annoying

Why does EU not have preloading for MKX? US got it yesterday

9.1

Nevermind, preload started “just now”.

So many people bought Type-0 on PS4… not that I am suprised or anything.

Anyway SAO still remains to be one of the best selling games on Vita. It’s really nice… thought it would be even better if they would release this game and sequels properly with full retail. Not too late for that.

Not talking about Oreshika… because we all know how SCEE don’t care about Vita. Disgrace 1st party game without retail… and it seems that we even can’t import it from HK :/ Disgrace. Maybe think about selling rights of Vita to NISA I’m sure they would know what to do with this marvelous handheld. (jest)

10.1

I still wonder if I’d like SOA or not. Even at the current discount price it’s a bit much for digital-only that takes up around half of the space in my memory card
Sometimes I consider getting a 32gb card, then I look at the prices and chuckle myself to sleep.

10.2

@Porcupeth00
To tell you the truth 32 GB is way too tiny. Still on the other hand I know that 64 GB is way too expensive.

I will think about grabbing digital SAO when it will be priced dunno around 5 EUR. That’s the price I am willing to pay. For full retail anytime they want 40 EUR.

madmanwithabox12 13 April, 2015 @ 15:32

Hotline and Helldivers, well deserved sales. Oreshika could have done better but Sony gave it absolutely no marketing at all. That said, after playing the demo I wasn’t a fan. Still, it’s sad to see Sony’s only remaining first party Vita exclusive go out with such a whimper. Honest question to you SCE, why don’t you care about Vita? You wouldn’t let Bloodborne go out to die, so why do you do it to Vita?

Hoping Rev2 sees similar success on Vita, but considering it’s digital only it’s a bit concerning. A game that big VS a Vita memory card… nobody wins. Unfortunate decision on Sony’s part, but then if Capcom actually cared they might have put some muscle behind the project. =/

Show full comment

Nice to see the classics shaken up a bit, but no doubt this will go back to the usual suspects this month. Which raises the question: When are we going to get more PS1, PS2 and PSP games? Some fantastic games have been lost to the annuls of time and it feels like SCE isn’t willing to chase these games down simply because their precious PS4 can’t play them. <__<

Will we ever get Shadow Tower classic for Vita?

12.1

Rather doubt it.

Game was never released in EU… and sadly I can’t even remember the last time SCEE decided to put something in “import” section.

Last night I unlocked the 100% completion trophy for GTA V.

Just sayin’:P

Loom at the top ten PS4 games, every single one of them was significantly more expensive here than in the US. In some of those cases the markup was as high as 50%

Also Bloodbourne carried a not insignificant markup, that’s a Sony published game so I think as publisher Sony have a duty to explain why they assigned a “value” got the game at $60 yet in the UK applied the “cost” of $74. After all, if you believe the game is worth $60 then shouldn’t we also pay $60?

Are we ever going to see our prices brought in line with those enjoyed by the US or Japan? I think we’ve subsidised those price freezes long enough, its time that either we enjoy the Sony policy put in place at E3 2013 or you remove the subsidy and let US and Japanese gamers pay the full cost of their games.

14.1

With 20% VAT in the UK, the price should be USD $75 (because 75 * 0.8 = 60). So you’re actually getting proper pricing for once. US prices do not include any taxes.

14.2

@Jarskaaja, that’s impossible. That would mean that TrueMurton just lashed out over something he has very little understanding of.

@Jarskaaja – that’s not how %’s work. You need to do it the other way around 60 x 1.2 = 72

Show more replies

Wait what? Crash isn’t in the top spot for classics? I call shenanigans!!

;)

Hey Fred,

Could you confirm if New Zealand will be getting Hotline Miami 2 on the PSN store this week? It was held up by the classification process but now thats sorted (R16 here) I’m very keen to get my hands (and vita) on it.

#BestOnPSVita

Many thanks!

16.1

Yes – HM2 will be out in NZ with this week’s Store publish.

16.2

Woot Hotline Miami 2 is finally here – and a little before official store update. Many thanks!

Fred,
Devolver gave me some euro PSN keys for this title which I was hoping to lolly scramble out to random kiwis #players. I’ve ‘tested’ one though and it doesn’t appear to work here – any easy way for you to look into this? I’d be keen to do a swapsy for some kiwi keys if possible!!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history