Acclaimed action-platformer Shovel Knight arrives this week

Pick up Yacht Club Games’ brilliant debut from Wednesday on PS3, PS4 or PS Vita

Hey Shovelers and Shovelettes! We’re Yacht Club Games – a new game studio dedicated to creating fun and challenging gameplay! We aspire to both tug at your heartstrings and delight you with levity and charm. We’re very proud to announce that our debut title, Shovel Knight, will be tunnelling its way to PS4, PS3 and PS Vita this Wednesday 22nd April! We hope everyone will enjoy the game!

Here are some cool exclusive PlayStation features you might not know about:

• Cross-Buy – Shovel Knight supports Cross-Buy! Buy the game on one Sony platform, and you’ll get it on the rest!
  • Cross-Save! – That’s right! At any time you can transfer your save file between PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. You can make sure you never have to do anything twice!
  • PS Vita back touch – A few Easter eggs are littered throughout the game. Try poking the back of your PS Vita and see what happens!
  • PS4 Dual Shock 4 light bar – We found some fun ways to light up your hands during Shovel Knight’s most dramatic moments. Keep your eyes peeled!
  • Platinum Trophy! – Are you good enough to tackle Shovel Knight’s toughest challenges?! Prove it and earn the Platinum!
  • BATTLE KRATOS!!! Take up your Shovel Blade against Sony’s legendary hero from God of War. Try to find and take him down in Shovel Knight. Maybe he’ll teach you a thing or two about how to fight…

On top of all of the above, PlayStation Plus members can claim a 10% discount during launch week.

We’re so excited to be part of PlayStation’s comprehensive library of games. Be sure to use all of the amazing features above when playing Shovel Knight. And don’t forget to hit that Share button every second, so we can celebrate your successes and failures!

Even with all of this content, there’s a lot more Shovel Knight headed your way this year. Expect lots of FREE big update content!

• Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows – A new adventure starring Plague Knight, the addled alchemical master of disaster! Featuring a brand new playable character, all new relics, new systems, new boss battles, level tweaks and a brand new story to adventure through!
  • Two additional campaigns – Like Plague of Shadows, there will be two more campaigns featuring fan favourites, King Knight and Specter Knight!
  • Challenge Mode – Think you’re up to the challenge? Try tackling a set all-new challenge levels that push your Shovel Knight skills to the max!
  • Body Swap Mode – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a girl, or Shield Knight was a boy? Well, now you’ll be able to change them, along with the rest of the cast! Swap whatever bodies you want, with all new character designs!
  • Four-player Battle Mode – Challenge your friends to a four-way couch duel featuring Shovel Knight and his closest friends and greatest enemies!

And best of all, it’s all FREE! Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is already coming soon! Check out this page for more information.

That’s all we’ve got for today… but wasn’t it quite a lot? We hope everyone will pick up the game this week, and tell us their favourite moments. Have fun!

1 Author replies

Can count on me to grab this game. Always waiting for it to arrive on PS4

HomessaHomem 20 April, 2015 @ 15:34

Huono_peleis 20 April, 2015 @ 22:48

Free content? What is this madness?! Can’t wait for the game! :D PC version was absolutely amazing!

Price? I missed this on the pc and im having a retro indie moment on my Vita , this will go lovely with my Rogue Legacy

It’s very, very rare for a developer to announce the price is their games on the EU blog these days. I’ve asked quite a few of the indie devs who post here, almost all of them in the last couple months in fact, and while most didn’t answer, the ones that did seemed to suggest that they in fact didn’t know the price of their own games coming out that week. Weird I know, we’ve always been told “publishers set their prices” and indie devs self publish, so….

I’ve asked Fred Dutton to comment on indie devs not knowing what prices their games are being sold at in the EU but he had declined to comment so far. I think more pressure is needed.

David D'Angelo 20 April, 2015 @ 17:48

Here’s the price! £ 11.99/€14.99

£12 is a *lot* more reasonable than the rest of the “Spring Fever” games so far. Is there a week one discount on this one like some of the others have had?

Show more replies

It seems that I’ll take a break from Mortal Kombat for this one…

Will grab this, and then shovel my way to victory :)

I seriously can’t wait! My Vita is ready!

counterUAVbaby 20 April, 2015 @ 17:06

Yeah, good job! Bravo for bringing an 80’s game! Are you serious guys?!?! How the hell you like games like that? And then people joking around on Call of Duty.

Light_23-LCie 22 April, 2015 @ 12:35

Gameplay>Graphics my good friend. Something SK has on lockdown. It also has one of the best soundtracks out last year by a long way.

I’ve been anxiously waiting for the Vita version of this. Glad I held off, I’ll get to play it fresh on that glorious OLED.

Indiestation 4, remasters awaits.

Excited for this one. Just bought Titan Souls and still need to beat Hotline Miami 2. My “pile-of-shame” keeps growing, but no way I’m missing this.

Here is my weekend game

ummagummachild 20 April, 2015 @ 18:24

Platforming is so my weakness. Its been a year but i still havent earned my platinum with #guacamelee. So i think i wont be able to earned on this aa well

jamie-sixtyfour 20 April, 2015 @ 21:28

For Yacht Club Games I’ll double dip. I was a very happy backer of the original Kickstarter campaign.

Fun game

Going to return FF Type 0 HD for a refund and use it on it along with other two indies games.

Bring it on tmw.

Isn’t suppose to be out today? I can’t find it on the PSN store on my PS4. :(

Bag_Of_Fruit 22 April, 2015 @ 07:39

i think Yacht Clubs twitter said that there is a one day delay (for EU) and it will be coming out tomorrow. Typical EU getting shafted, sucks to be us.

Where is the game?????

Chill guys. The PSN store hasn’t been FULLY updated yet. Patience young ones.

Yep, totally having this. And thanks for supporting Vita!

Still not out yet. I can barely wait! Has anyone bought it?

Light_23-LCie 22 April, 2015 @ 12:33

I need this game in my life….wanted it to play on Vita wile I was on FFXIV waiting for things D: hope the store is stull updating and we srnt delayed

Sad news: The game has been delayed until tomorrow

the delay sucks but one of those things!! PSN is always bad with the updates. most new indie release take a while to show or u have to go looking for them, When was metal slug releases just stumbled over it. i know its been out a while in US.

supersmith2500 22 April, 2015 @ 16:48

One of the most anticipated indie games. SHAFTED until tomorrow.

Out already ._.Hidden In the search option as 4 now

On vita, its INCREDIBLE!!!!!
A must buy! Thanks for bringing this awesome awesome game over to the vita and ps4 guys!!!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history