Big savings on arcade classics start today on PlayStation Store

Plus, The Telltale Game Collection on PS4 is our deal of the week

Though arcade venues aren’t quite what they used to be, the games themselves most definitely live on. From simple designs like Pac-Man, to massive crowd pleasers like Street Fighter, some of the most loved and cherished arcade games of all time are discounted this week. So if you’re aching to relive some of those memories, or want to introduce a new generation to some classics, why not head on over to store.playstation.com and revisit the good old days.

Deal of the Week (ends 29th April 2015)

The Telltale Game Collection (PS4)
Was £79.99/€99.99, now £32.99/€39.99

Arcade Greats (ends 6th May 2015)

PS3

50% off – Original price £15.99/€19.99

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
50% off – Original price £7.99/€9.99

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
40% off – Original price £39.99/€49.99
10% additional PS Plus discount

Ridge Racer 7: 3D License Ver.
75% off –

50% off – Original price £3.99/€4.99

Street Fighter Alpha Warriors’ Dreams
65% off – Original price £4.99/€5.99

141 Comments
7 Author replies
demonsgalore 22 April, 2015 @ 12:04

Unfortunately nothing for my beloved PS4.

Wow, way to show support for PS4 ;)

Why not Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded as well as Remixed for Vita? I would loved to get both of them!

3.1

I would buy Capcom Reloaded instantly, add it Sony!

Yep me too!!
How annoying!!
Been waiting for a sale on these two for years!
Is there a reason or just an oversight??

3.3

I really hope Remixed works on the PSTV. Anyone know? If so, wondering if it has black borders around it.

Show more replies

Nothing for me. Waiting on a PSP sale.

X_Blood_Curse_X 22 April, 2015 @ 12:41
4.1

Since you bring up the PSP i’d love for the Ys games to go on sale and Z.H.P. Been waiting forever for those

4.2

Same. What better to celebrate Z.H.P.’s return to the PS Store than with a sale. The PSP Ys titles haven’t been on sale for some time now, that needs to be address ASAP; the Vita one was on sale not that long ago but I want a physical version.

Have you heard about Gaijinworks looking to bring more PSP titles over? I hope they make it over to the EU.

Living in the UK you should be able to buy a physical copy of the Y’s vita game. I’ve seen it on sale online recently for as low as £15 new.

I wish they would have PSP JRPG sale…I did buy the Rising Star bundle last time it was on sale but I would like to see Mana Khemia Student Alliance on sale. There are also lots of other digital ones they could put on sale or at least make the ones available on our store that are available on US psn.

Show more replies

Nothing interesting for me. please put more RPGs on sale

Pac-Man championship edition for PS1. Ha, I don’t think so. Great game though, would recommend.

NorthernFusion 22 April, 2015 @ 12:15

Telltale Collection and Persona 4 Ultimax for me. No Guilty Gear for PS4 on sale? Oh wait, we don’t even have it.

VERY bad sales -.-
I hate Telltale Games and their Season politics in games..

CookieMonsterES 22 April, 2015 @ 12:21

Hey, Jawad, would it be possible to have a Marvel Pinball tables sale sometime soon? Thanks.

Since we can’t play PS2 classics on the Vita we really need an ETA for the emulation of Classics on PS4.

10.1

It’s not coming.

10.2

they are just going to have that to be PS now though right?

10.3

Yeah, Airiaen. However certain EU countries (like mine) will probably never ever get it anyway, we have a crappy internet infrastructure and slow connections compared to the rest of the world.

Show more replies

Well, it is a shame. Nearly nothing for the PS4…
But nice for the old Systems.

11.1

*there’s a PS4 sale*

“Blah, nothing for old systems! You’re abandoning them!”

*there’s a PS3 sale*

“Blah, nothing for the PS4! You really don’t care about that console!”

11.2

Sony should mix the sales. But really nothing is a little bit strange…

GunstarHeroX 22 April, 2015 @ 12:38

Nobody buy 1942 Joint Strike. It doesn’t work, and hasn’t for years. Have owned it since it launched back in ’08 and I did enjoy it at the time, but any time I’ve re-downloaded it over the past few years, trying to start the game just crashes the system. Have tried it on multiple different PS3s, same result.

12.1

Stop spreading false information. The game DOES work.

GunstarHeroX 22 April, 2015 @ 13:35
12.2

No need for the accusatory tone. I didn’t make this up; why would I? I was just trying to save others from wasting money.
Anyhow, just tried it again now, downloaded a fresh copy. Same result, launching it results in a black screen and system lock. Can’t even bring up the XMB, have to switch off the system. Conclusion: it doesn’t work.
I have had this same result on all 3 variations of PS3 – fat/slim/super-slim – any time I’ve attempted to reinstall the game over the years.
So, at least in my case, no, 1942: Joint Strike does not work.

12.3

Well i tried on a Fat and a Super Slim and it worked in both cases… there were reports about Wolf of the Battlefield not working after firmware 4.20, too, which was proven to be false, or limited to very few persons.

I tried searching for a solution for 1942 and some recommended to switch default video setting (from the XMB) to 720 instead of 1080.

You should’ve said “at least in my case” from the very first post, IMHO.

Hi there, doa5 has not the plus discount (10%) it’s priced as 4€ when you send to the cart but on checkout its priced as 8€ (7.20€ as it must be with aditional plus discount)

13.1

Same with Ultra Street fighter IV. Should be €12 with PS+ but is €15 at checkout.

X_Blood_Curse_X 22 April, 2015 @ 12:39

Some decent bits here, gonna get guilty gear for my Vita. Cheers

WileyCoyote0984 22 April, 2015 @ 12:39

Any idea when we can buy goro dlc for mkx?U.S store has it

Damn! R.I.P my Vita memory card…a lot of cool games here!

Dead or Alive 5 on vita shows up as £3.50 but then when it’s in your basket it’s £7, and if you remove it then it flashes back down to £3.50 again before disappearing :-s

17.1

Yeah I was just going to buy that!

17.2

Something similar happening with virtua fighter 5. Guess it wouldn’t be sony sale without a mistake or ten.

Jawad Ashraf 22 April, 2015 @ 13:54
17.3

May be a delayed refresh. Please try again later this afternoon.

gingermidget 22 April, 2015 @ 12:51

Will Pac-Man World ever be coming to the UK as a PSOne classic? It was released in America over a year ago :(

Powerstone collection doesn’t seem to be on the Portuguese store :(

AlucardTepes_DE 24 April, 2015 @ 02:16
19.1

Many aren’t … like BlazBlue games and so on… was planning on telling my country mates to get it so we could play together… but since I changed country I use DE PSN now, so I’am quite outdated in relation to PT PSN content.

LuckyJimboUK 22 April, 2015 @ 12:53

“Elsewhere, our featured deal of the week is The Telltale Game Collection, featuring The Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2, The Wolf Among Us, and current episodes of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones.”

So does this include season passes for GoT and TftB, or would I need to buy future episodes separately? It’s not entirely clear from the wording.

20.1

I think it does include all the episodes:

“This bundle includes five critically acclaimed series by Telltale Games:

– The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
– The Walking Dead: Season Two
– The Wolf Among Us
– Tales from the Borderlands (Episodes 1-2 available now, Episodes 3-5 to be released periodically)
– Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episodes 1-3 available now, Episodes 4-6 to be released periodically)”

This at least make it seems so.
I got this from the link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/games/the-telltale-games-collection/cid=EP2026-NPEJ00413_00-TTG0000000BUNDLE

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 13:21
20.2

Yes it includes everything, all season passes. I’ve been waiting for this deal since the US got it and there was confusion there too when it was released, but yes, all season passes, all episodes for all 5 games! :)

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 13:28
20.3

Yeah, it includes all the season passes, you’ll get the passes for Borderlands & Thrones, but will obviously still need to wait for them to release, but they’ll be free downloads.

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 12:53

The Telltale Games Collection…at last! I don’t know why it took so long for the EU to get this deal, the US had this day one, but nevertheless it’s very much appreciated, and at a slightly better than expected price too! Many thanks. :)

Just bought Capcom Classics Collection Remixed for my PS TV. Although I do find it a bit odd that Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded isn’t on sale too. Why have a sale on one and not the other?

Also a damn shame Capcom Arcade Cabinet: All-In-One Pack for the PS3 doesn’t include Strider, it’s my favorite Capcom arcade game.

22.1

Strider is a CPS1 game, the games in the collection are all pre-CPS1, IIRC.

22.2

huh, what happened to my reply?

Anyway, Strider is a CPS1 title, the games are pre-CPS1.

22.3

oh, nevermind lol.

Coody-Baroody 22 April, 2015 @ 13:13

@JAWAD
@FRED

What’s going on with LittleBigPlanet Vita DC Premium DLC pack? It’s broken and DOESNT work with the Vita version. It says it works on all platforms but it simply will not work on the Vita version of the game. Is there a fix happening? Dyou guys even know about this?

23.1

I’m investigating this issue now. Update asap.

23.2

This should be working for you in the next few hours. Thanks for your patience.

Was hoping to see Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 but there’s a lot of great fighters on sale here!

24.1

I was mistaken, I just checked and its currently £1.60 in the UK

AlucardTepes_DE 24 April, 2015 @ 02:27
24.2

Same, I just saw it today… gootttaaa buyyy iiittt!
(The PSP-Vr. its the only version that has Ingrid!)

( `*´)b

Kinda really sick of the minimum top up amount. So many things I’d have impulse bought had I been able to buy that one item.

I’ve added one more thing to that list today.

25.1

that’s a strange perspective. simply top up your account and impulse buy lots of single items.

The Capcom Arcade bundle is tempting even if it as some omissions ;)

good offers, very welcome after so many indie sales… I just bought sfa3 and maybe capcom classics, doa5 and who knows, they are so tempting…

Why have you only put “(PSP)” on some of the PSP games and not all? Soul Calibur BD, Tekken 6 etc are PSP games.

Hi. Dead or alive 5 for ps vita shows 3.50 but when u go to checkout ititssaying 7.00 please advise

29.1

Same here however 80% off the original price would make it £7 however the additional 10% off that for PS plus members should make it cheaper than that.

29.2

i think there are issues with the PS+ discount.

alienTHRYLOS 22 April, 2015 @ 13:50

The Telltale collection is a steal at that price. So much good content.
I like to play arcade titles on my Vita. There are limited items on sale though and some of them, I already own them.

THANKS FOR THE NON PS4 SALE

Pretty nice sale!

Dont know if this is cause its still early, but PErsona 4 *Arena Ultimax PS+ discount disappears at checkout.

no ps4 sales thanks again SONY GOOD JOB

DieFliedermouse 22 April, 2015 @ 14:29
33.1

It wasn’t particularly pertinent the first time, what made you think it would be any more interesting the third time?

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 17:07
33.2

To be fair…I sensed a full bodied paroxysm with a dash of privilege and a slight forlorn aftertaste. Nailed it with that second post…bit like a fine whine!! ;)

no ps4 sales thanks again SONY GOOD JOB

34.1

must… not… make… comments… about your username and attitude,,,

SilverSoulJp 22 April, 2015 @ 13:59

Whats up with the Pricing on DOA5+?
It goes from 4€ to 8€ when you put it in the Cart! I’ve got only 7€ left in my Store Wallet, so please fix this soon, so i can purchase the Game

alienTHRYLOS 22 April, 2015 @ 14:00

So many arcade classics that I would rather play on my Vita rather than on my PS3. Plan B…recharge my PSP and play Sega Mega Drive Collection!

The additional PS Plus discount is not working.

Not the first time either.

SCEE: fix it.

37.1

Confirmed, i was going to buy a lot of stuff, you saved me a couple of euros!

MoMo-Snip-01 22 April, 2015 @ 14:47
37.2

same here, usf4 is 12€ in the game page, but when added to the cart it becames 15€, i’m not giving up on my 3€

Have to wait for this sale to go into a nice section on the PS Web Store. Its the only way I can quickly see what games I have purchased already over the years of sales :)

Can I have a explanation on why Power Stone isn’t available on the Portuguese store.

Jawad Ashraf 22 April, 2015 @ 14:46
39.1

It is what Capcom submitted way back, sadly.

PiccoroDaimaoh 22 April, 2015 @ 17:16
39.2

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max isn’t available either… :(

I read Omega Quintet is only releasing digitally on the 6th for EU, is this true?

Physical version is out on the 1st. IF confirmed that a while ago for EU. It’s both digital and physical.

40.2

Friendly warning:
You probably should avoid it (or at least don’t pre-order it) I know that it’s cool that they are releasing it… but it’s really very bad game. And that comes from a person who loves japanese games.

Read Heath Hindman preview on GameRevolution, the man is super fan of japanese RPGs (living in Japan) and he literally couldn’t finish it because it was so bad.
gamerevolution.com/manifesto/omega-quintet-horrible-ps4-rpg-32003

40.3

I liked the japanese demo and that preview really did not discourage me in any way..not seeing a problem

Show more replies

@Fred
@Jawad
@anyone in PS Blog

would it be possible to add to PSN shop page (PC) option to change language of description? Right now whenever I visit PSN it automatically display polish language. That would be fine and dandy… if only polish translation didn’t have so much mistakes included (and I’m quite sure other translations are the same)

Look… in original description of The Teltale Games Collection it is says:

In polish translation there is:
– Tales from the Borderlands (Episody 1-2 już dostępny, Epizody 3-5 być okresowo zwolniony)
– Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Epizody 1-3 już dostępne, Epizody 4-6 być okresowo zwolniony)

Show full comment

@Fred
@Jawad
@anyone in PS Blog

Look… in original description of The Teltale Games Collection it is says:

In polish translation there is:

It’s google translation -.- “okresowo zwolniony” means something entirely different than “to be released periodically”. It means that those will be “excluded for time period”

It’s confusing… and it’s not the first time there are mistakes. Last time during sale Tales of Hearts R description said that there are included only DLCs in package.

Right now to check the true (english) meaning I need to open a private session so that page won’t redirect me to polish site. Please try to do something about it, mkay?

41.1

so MANY mistakes*

41.2

Delete PS Store cookies in your browser and use another store domain (store.playstation.com/#!/en-pl).

41.3

^ that’s really NOT a solution. Many regions have the same issue, just look at the Raiden IV page in the Italian store, they really used Google Translate for that, i’ll never stop saying that lol.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax does not have the additional 10% discount, can you fix this please?

MoMo-Snip-01 22 April, 2015 @ 14:45

i m ps+, and usf4 says it’s 12€, but 15€ in the cart, what’s going on, I’m not giving up on my 3€, noway

FelixAndrews 22 April, 2015 @ 15:11

PS+ discounts vanishing when I go to checkout. For example, DOA 5+ on Vita is listed as £3.50 for PS+, but shows up as £7. Fix, please!

can the price be sorted for Anarchy Reigns please, with PS+ discount it says £4 on the store but when i go to checkout it then says £6. i also tried to buy it via the online store but i’m just getting the same result.

I asked this question in a couple threads last week, still hoping Fred will answer.

The price of games in the EU region compared to the US has been a hot topic for years and you have always said that publishers set their prices on the PSN. Well several games in recent weeks have come in at new even higher conversion rates, approaching 1:1 in the UK even. This has lead to the the price question being asked in almost every game announcement post made by the many indie devs who have been allowed to promote their game here. Well, the few that have answered have been quite enlightening, it seems that many indie developers simply don’t know the price of their own games in the EU region. His can that be if they are self published? Surely as the publisher they told you (SCEE) the price the game is to be sold at?

Care to offer your thoughts on the matter?

inbryanwetrust 22 April, 2015 @ 16:12

The PS+ discounts don’t appear to be working when I get to the checkout.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is €24.99 with the discount.

But when I add it to my basket and go to the checkout it’s €29.99.

Please fix this.

Yeah PS+ discounts don’t work on my end either, i am trying to add the DOA 5+ and the price says 4€ but when i go to checkout it turns to 8€

Hi. I was just wondering if there is an update regarding the problem of the European PlayStation Store sale price for Narco Terror on PS3 which was advertised last week on the European PlayStation Blog,

“Narco Terror – 70% off original price: Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95” at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/15/new-playstation-store-discounts-start-today-3/ which should result in a price of £2.39, but it still displays at £7.99 on the European PlayStation Store page at https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/narco-terror/cid=EP4062-NPEB01373_00-NARCOTERROR00002

Just asking as I would quite like to buy it as I really like twin-stick shooter games and there have certainly been a few people commenting about waiting for the sale price to activate as there are definitely some people who would like to purchase it, so any help would be much appreciated by me and everyone else who would like to purchase the game at an excellent sale price.

Thanks!

Jawad Ashraf 23 April, 2015 @ 09:43
49.1

Will look into this ASAP, thanks for flagging.

49.2

Great, thanks for looking into it. Is there an update yet as it still displays on the web store at £7.99?

zalwelgoedgaan 22 April, 2015 @ 17:15

I am interested in a couple of titles, Dead or Alive 5 Plus is one of them. When I buy the base game, will by download list blow up with a lot of additional content? Motorstorm RC and its huge amount of cars caught me off guard, now my download list/row is a bit glitchy.

50.1

Haha, no, DOA5 is a game that will blow up your DL list if you actually decide to purchase the DLC… Tecmo is far worse than Capcom, they wouldn’t bundle a single DLC.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history