Big savings on arcade classics start today on PlayStation Store

Plus, The Telltale Game Collection on PS4 is our deal of the week

Though arcade venues aren’t quite what they used to be, the games themselves most definitely live on. From simple designs like Pac-Man, to massive crowd pleasers like Street Fighter, some of the most loved and cherished arcade games of all time are discounted this week. So if you’re aching to relive some of those memories, or want to introduce a new generation to some classics, why not head on over to store.playstation.com and revisit the good old days.

Deal of the Week (ends 29th April 2015)

The Telltale Game Collection (PS4)
Was £79.99/€99.99, now £32.99/€39.99

Arcade Greats (ends 6th May 2015)

PS3

50% off – Original price £15.99/€19.99

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
50% off – Original price £7.99/€9.99

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
40% off – Original price £39.99/€49.99
10% additional PS Plus discount

Ridge Racer 7: 3D License Ver.
75% off –

50% off – Original price £3.99/€4.99

Street Fighter Alpha Warriors’ Dreams
65% off – Original price £4.99/€5.99

141 Comments
7 Author replies
demonsgalore 22 April, 2015 @ 12:04

Unfortunately nothing for my beloved PS4.

Wow, way to show support for PS4 ;)

Why not Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded as well as Remixed for Vita? I would loved to get both of them!

3.1

I would buy Capcom Reloaded instantly, add it Sony!

Yep me too!!
How annoying!!
Been waiting for a sale on these two for years!
Is there a reason or just an oversight??

3.3

I really hope Remixed works on the PSTV. Anyone know? If so, wondering if it has black borders around it.

Show more replies

Nothing for me. Waiting on a PSP sale.

X_Blood_Curse_X 22 April, 2015 @ 12:41
4.1

Since you bring up the PSP i’d love for the Ys games to go on sale and Z.H.P. Been waiting forever for those

4.2

Same. What better to celebrate Z.H.P.’s return to the PS Store than with a sale. The PSP Ys titles haven’t been on sale for some time now, that needs to be address ASAP; the Vita one was on sale not that long ago but I want a physical version.

Have you heard about Gaijinworks looking to bring more PSP titles over? I hope they make it over to the EU.

Living in the UK you should be able to buy a physical copy of the Y’s vita game. I’ve seen it on sale online recently for as low as £15 new.

I wish they would have PSP JRPG sale…I did buy the Rising Star bundle last time it was on sale but I would like to see Mana Khemia Student Alliance on sale. There are also lots of other digital ones they could put on sale or at least make the ones available on our store that are available on US psn.

Show more replies

Nothing interesting for me. please put more RPGs on sale

Pac-Man championship edition for PS1. Ha, I don’t think so. Great game though, would recommend.

NorthernFusion 22 April, 2015 @ 12:15

Telltale Collection and Persona 4 Ultimax for me. No Guilty Gear for PS4 on sale? Oh wait, we don’t even have it.

VERY bad sales -.-
I hate Telltale Games and their Season politics in games..

CookieMonsterES 22 April, 2015 @ 12:21

Hey, Jawad, would it be possible to have a Marvel Pinball tables sale sometime soon? Thanks.

Since we can’t play PS2 classics on the Vita we really need an ETA for the emulation of Classics on PS4.

10.1

It’s not coming.

10.2

they are just going to have that to be PS now though right?

10.3

Yeah, Airiaen. However certain EU countries (like mine) will probably never ever get it anyway, we have a crappy internet infrastructure and slow connections compared to the rest of the world.

Show more replies

Well, it is a shame. Nearly nothing for the PS4…
But nice for the old Systems.

11.1

*there’s a PS4 sale*

“Blah, nothing for old systems! You’re abandoning them!”

*there’s a PS3 sale*

“Blah, nothing for the PS4! You really don’t care about that console!”

11.2

Sony should mix the sales. But really nothing is a little bit strange…

GunstarHeroX 22 April, 2015 @ 12:38

Nobody buy 1942 Joint Strike. It doesn’t work, and hasn’t for years. Have owned it since it launched back in ’08 and I did enjoy it at the time, but any time I’ve re-downloaded it over the past few years, trying to start the game just crashes the system. Have tried it on multiple different PS3s, same result.

12.1

Stop spreading false information. The game DOES work.

GunstarHeroX 22 April, 2015 @ 13:35
12.2

No need for the accusatory tone. I didn’t make this up; why would I? I was just trying to save others from wasting money.
Anyhow, just tried it again now, downloaded a fresh copy. Same result, launching it results in a black screen and system lock. Can’t even bring up the XMB, have to switch off the system. Conclusion: it doesn’t work.
I have had this same result on all 3 variations of PS3 – fat/slim/super-slim – any time I’ve attempted to reinstall the game over the years.
So, at least in my case, no, 1942: Joint Strike does not work.

12.3

Well i tried on a Fat and a Super Slim and it worked in both cases… there were reports about Wolf of the Battlefield not working after firmware 4.20, too, which was proven to be false, or limited to very few persons.

I tried searching for a solution for 1942 and some recommended to switch default video setting (from the XMB) to 720 instead of 1080.

You should’ve said “at least in my case” from the very first post, IMHO.

Hi there, doa5 has not the plus discount (10%) it’s priced as 4€ when you send to the cart but on checkout its priced as 8€ (7.20€ as it must be with aditional plus discount)

13.1

Same with Ultra Street fighter IV. Should be €12 with PS+ but is €15 at checkout.

X_Blood_Curse_X 22 April, 2015 @ 12:39

Some decent bits here, gonna get guilty gear for my Vita. Cheers

WileyCoyote0984 22 April, 2015 @ 12:39

Any idea when we can buy goro dlc for mkx?U.S store has it

Damn! R.I.P my Vita memory card…a lot of cool games here!

Dead or Alive 5 on vita shows up as £3.50 but then when it’s in your basket it’s £7, and if you remove it then it flashes back down to £3.50 again before disappearing :-s

17.1

Yeah I was just going to buy that!

17.2

Something similar happening with virtua fighter 5. Guess it wouldn’t be sony sale without a mistake or ten.

Jawad Ashraf 22 April, 2015 @ 13:54
17.3

May be a delayed refresh. Please try again later this afternoon.

gingermidget 22 April, 2015 @ 12:51

Will Pac-Man World ever be coming to the UK as a PSOne classic? It was released in America over a year ago :(

Powerstone collection doesn’t seem to be on the Portuguese store :(

AlucardTepes_DE 24 April, 2015 @ 02:16
19.1

Many aren’t … like BlazBlue games and so on… was planning on telling my country mates to get it so we could play together… but since I changed country I use DE PSN now, so I’am quite outdated in relation to PT PSN content.

LuckyJimboUK 22 April, 2015 @ 12:53

“Elsewhere, our featured deal of the week is The Telltale Game Collection, featuring The Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2, The Wolf Among Us, and current episodes of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones.”

So does this include season passes for GoT and TftB, or would I need to buy future episodes separately? It’s not entirely clear from the wording.

20.1

I think it does include all the episodes:

“This bundle includes five critically acclaimed series by Telltale Games:

– The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
– The Walking Dead: Season Two
– The Wolf Among Us
– Tales from the Borderlands (Episodes 1-2 available now, Episodes 3-5 to be released periodically)
– Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episodes 1-3 available now, Episodes 4-6 to be released periodically)”

This at least make it seems so.
I got this from the link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/games/the-telltale-games-collection/cid=EP2026-NPEJ00413_00-TTG0000000BUNDLE

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 13:21
20.2

Yes it includes everything, all season passes. I’ve been waiting for this deal since the US got it and there was confusion there too when it was released, but yes, all season passes, all episodes for all 5 games! :)

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 13:28
20.3

Yeah, it includes all the season passes, you’ll get the passes for Borderlands & Thrones, but will obviously still need to wait for them to release, but they’ll be free downloads.

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 12:53

The Telltale Games Collection…at last! I don’t know why it took so long for the EU to get this deal, the US had this day one, but nevertheless it’s very much appreciated, and at a slightly better than expected price too! Many thanks. :)

Just bought Capcom Classics Collection Remixed for my PS TV. Although I do find it a bit odd that Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded isn’t on sale too. Why have a sale on one and not the other?

Also a damn shame Capcom Arcade Cabinet: All-In-One Pack for the PS3 doesn’t include Strider, it’s my favorite Capcom arcade game.

22.1

Strider is a CPS1 game, the games in the collection are all pre-CPS1, IIRC.

22.2

huh, what happened to my reply?

Anyway, Strider is a CPS1 title, the games are pre-CPS1.

22.3

oh, nevermind lol.

Coody-Baroody 22 April, 2015 @ 13:13

@JAWAD
@FRED

What’s going on with LittleBigPlanet Vita DC Premium DLC pack? It’s broken and DOESNT work with the Vita version. It says it works on all platforms but it simply will not work on the Vita version of the game. Is there a fix happening? Dyou guys even know about this?

23.1

I’m investigating this issue now. Update asap.

23.2

This should be working for you in the next few hours. Thanks for your patience.

Was hoping to see Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 but there’s a lot of great fighters on sale here!

24.1

I was mistaken, I just checked and its currently £1.60 in the UK

AlucardTepes_DE 24 April, 2015 @ 02:27
24.2

Same, I just saw it today… gootttaaa buyyy iiittt!
(The PSP-Vr. its the only version that has Ingrid!)

( `*´)b

Kinda really sick of the minimum top up amount. So many things I’d have impulse bought had I been able to buy that one item.

I’ve added one more thing to that list today.

25.1

that’s a strange perspective. simply top up your account and impulse buy lots of single items.

The Capcom Arcade bundle is tempting even if it as some omissions ;)

good offers, very welcome after so many indie sales… I just bought sfa3 and maybe capcom classics, doa5 and who knows, they are so tempting…

Why have you only put “(PSP)” on some of the PSP games and not all? Soul Calibur BD, Tekken 6 etc are PSP games.

Hi. Dead or alive 5 for ps vita shows 3.50 but when u go to checkout ititssaying 7.00 please advise

29.1

Same here however 80% off the original price would make it £7 however the additional 10% off that for PS plus members should make it cheaper than that.

29.2

i think there are issues with the PS+ discount.

alienTHRYLOS 22 April, 2015 @ 13:50

The Telltale collection is a steal at that price. So much good content.
I like to play arcade titles on my Vita. There are limited items on sale though and some of them, I already own them.

THANKS FOR THE NON PS4 SALE

Pretty nice sale!

Dont know if this is cause its still early, but PErsona 4 *Arena Ultimax PS+ discount disappears at checkout.

no ps4 sales thanks again SONY GOOD JOB

33.1

must… not… make… comments… about your username and attitude,,,

no ps4 sales thanks again SONY GOOD JOB

DieFliedermouse 22 April, 2015 @ 14:29
34.1

It wasn’t particularly pertinent the first time, what made you think it would be any more interesting the third time?

RedMustang72 22 April, 2015 @ 17:07
34.2

To be fair…I sensed a full bodied paroxysm with a dash of privilege and a slight forlorn aftertaste. Nailed it with that second post…bit like a fine whine!! ;)

SilverSoulJp 22 April, 2015 @ 13:59

Whats up with the Pricing on DOA5+?
It goes from 4€ to 8€ when you put it in the Cart! I’ve got only 7€ left in my Store Wallet, so please fix this soon, so i can purchase the Game

alienTHRYLOS 22 April, 2015 @ 14:00

So many arcade classics that I would rather play on my Vita rather than on my PS3. Plan B…recharge my PSP and play Sega Mega Drive Collection!

The additional PS Plus discount is not working.

Not the first time either.

SCEE: fix it.

37.1

Confirmed, i was going to buy a lot of stuff, you saved me a couple of euros!

MoMo-Snip-01 22 April, 2015 @ 14:47
37.2

same here, usf4 is 12€ in the game page, but when added to the cart it becames 15€, i’m not giving up on my 3€

Have to wait for this sale to go into a nice section on the PS Web Store. Its the only way I can quickly see what games I have purchased already over the years of sales :)

Can I have a explanation on why Power Stone isn’t available on the Portuguese store.

Jawad Ashraf 22 April, 2015 @ 14:46
39.1

It is what Capcom submitted way back, sadly.

PiccoroDaimaoh 22 April, 2015 @ 17:16
39.2

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max isn’t available either… :(

I read Omega Quintet is only releasing digitally on the 6th for EU, is this true?

Physical version is out on the 1st. IF confirmed that a while ago for EU. It’s both digital and physical.

40.2

Friendly warning:
You probably should avoid it (or at least don’t pre-order it) I know that it’s cool that they are releasing it… but it’s really very bad game. And that comes from a person who loves japanese games.

Read Heath Hindman preview on GameRevolution, the man is super fan of japanese RPGs (living in Japan) and he literally couldn’t finish it because it was so bad.
gamerevolution.com/manifesto/omega-quintet-horrible-ps4-rpg-32003

40.3

I liked the japanese demo and that preview really did not discourage me in any way..not seeing a problem

Show more replies

@Fred
@Jawad
@anyone in PS Blog

would it be possible to add to PSN shop page (PC) option to change language of description? Right now whenever I visit PSN it automatically display polish language. That would be fine and dandy… if only polish translation didn’t have so much mistakes included (and I’m quite sure other translations are the same)

Look… in original description of The Teltale Games Collection it is says:

In polish translation there is:
– Tales from the Borderlands (Episody 1-2 już dostępny, Epizody 3-5 być okresowo zwolniony)
– Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Epizody 1-3 już dostępne, Epizody 4-6 być okresowo zwolniony)

Show full comment

@Fred
@Jawad
@anyone in PS Blog

Look… in original description of The Teltale Games Collection it is says:

In polish translation there is:

It’s google translation -.- “okresowo zwolniony” means something entirely different than “to be released periodically”. It means that those will be “excluded for time period”

It’s confusing… and it’s not the first time there are mistakes. Last time during sale Tales of Hearts R description said that there are included only DLCs in package.

Right now to check the true (english) meaning I need to open a private session so that page won’t redirect me to polish site. Please try to do something about it, mkay?

41.1

so MANY mistakes*

41.2

Delete PS Store cookies in your browser and use another store domain (store.playstation.com/#!/en-pl).

41.3

^ that’s really NOT a solution. Many regions have the same issue, just look at the Raiden IV page in the Italian store, they really used Google Translate for that, i’ll never stop saying that lol.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax does not have the additional 10% discount, can you fix this please?

MoMo-Snip-01 22 April, 2015 @ 14:45

i m ps+, and usf4 says it’s 12€, but 15€ in the cart, what’s going on, I’m not giving up on my 3€, noway

FelixAndrews 22 April, 2015 @ 15:11

PS+ discounts vanishing when I go to checkout. For example, DOA 5+ on Vita is listed as £3.50 for PS+, but shows up as £7. Fix, please!

can the price be sorted for Anarchy Reigns please, with PS+ discount it says £4 on the store but when i go to checkout it then says £6. i also tried to buy it via the online store but i’m just getting the same result.

I asked this question in a couple threads last week, still hoping Fred will answer.

The price of games in the EU region compared to the US has been a hot topic for years and you have always said that publishers set their prices on the PSN. Well several games in recent weeks have come in at new even higher conversion rates, approaching 1:1 in the UK even. This has lead to the the price question being asked in almost every game announcement post made by the many indie devs who have been allowed to promote their game here. Well, the few that have answered have been quite enlightening, it seems that many indie developers simply don’t know the price of their own games in the EU region. His can that be if they are self published? Surely as the publisher they told you (SCEE) the price the game is to be sold at?

Care to offer your thoughts on the matter?

inbryanwetrust 22 April, 2015 @ 16:12

The PS+ discounts don’t appear to be working when I get to the checkout.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is €24.99 with the discount.

But when I add it to my basket and go to the checkout it’s €29.99.

Please fix this.

Yeah PS+ discounts don’t work on my end either, i am trying to add the DOA 5+ and the price says 4€ but when i go to checkout it turns to 8€

Hi. I was just wondering if there is an update regarding the problem of the European PlayStation Store sale price for Narco Terror on PS3 which was advertised last week on the European PlayStation Blog,

“Narco Terror – 70% off original price: Was €9.99/£7.99/AU$14.95” at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/15/new-playstation-store-discounts-start-today-3/ which should result in a price of £2.39, but it still displays at £7.99 on the European PlayStation Store page at https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/narco-terror/cid=EP4062-NPEB01373_00-NARCOTERROR00002

Just asking as I would quite like to buy it as I really like twin-stick shooter games and there have certainly been a few people commenting about waiting for the sale price to activate as there are definitely some people who would like to purchase it, so any help would be much appreciated by me and everyone else who would like to purchase the game at an excellent sale price.

Thanks!

Jawad Ashraf 23 April, 2015 @ 09:43
49.1

Will look into this ASAP, thanks for flagging.

49.2

Great, thanks for looking into it. Is there an update yet as it still displays on the web store at £7.99?

zalwelgoedgaan 22 April, 2015 @ 17:15

I am interested in a couple of titles, Dead or Alive 5 Plus is one of them. When I buy the base game, will by download list blow up with a lot of additional content? Motorstorm RC and its huge amount of cars caught me off guard, now my download list/row is a bit glitchy.

50.1

Haha, no, DOA5 is a game that will blow up your DL list if you actually decide to purchase the DLC… Tecmo is far worse than Capcom, they wouldn’t bundle a single DLC.

Just out of curiosity, will there ever be a separate discount list for the PSTV? I have one and it’s great, but it’s annoying having to keep investigating whether the VITA or PS One stuff is compatible with it.

Hello.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus removes the PS+ discount at checkout just before paying, fix please

Anyone else getting £3.50 on the store page but £7 at checkout for Dead or Alive 5 Plus?
Possibly something to look into Jawad

54.1

Check it now. In my country they fix it :)

54.2

Awesome, it’s sorted now. Cheers pr1sonRUS for giving me a heads up, I know what I’ll be doing all night new :D

zalwelgoedgaan 22 April, 2015 @ 18:23
54.3

@tricky: Did you get a huge amount of content in your download list right after you purchased the game?

Why Capcom Classics Collection Remixed Essentials and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max [PSP] not available in Russia?

totaldirkness 22 April, 2015 @ 18:24

ThePS4 is very weak, but this week it’s good to be Dutch. The King’s Day sale with a 27% discount of a couple of AAA games is much apreciated. I was waiting for a Bloodborne price drop, but didn’t expect it to come so soon. Thanks!

A real shame the TellTale game collection doesn’t extract the games you’ve already bought on PS4. I’ve already bought 2, so ehh…

Lots of great fighting games on sale but do we have any word on when (or if) Guilty Gear Xrd is coming to the Euro store? America has had it since December – really making me regret signing up to the euro store for my main account.

Jawad Ashraf 23 April, 2015 @ 09:39
58.1

GGXrd is coming.

Cplslayer6296 22 April, 2015 @ 21:46

You do not know how annoyed I am, I bought Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition on Monday full price, and now it’s on sale 70% off? I am so annoyed! >_<

Jawad Ashraf 23 April, 2015 @ 09:37
59.1

That is a shame. But, just know you purcahsed one of the finest games ever made. Ever!

Now go grab SF Alpha 3 Max for another fine game :D I wish I could spend as little on my lunch as I did Alpha 3.

SCEA just had a relatively big PS4 flash sale over the weekend, you guys keep giving me reasons not to spend my money here.

mervinsurbida 23 April, 2015 @ 14:37

Sir why the blzeblue not in store.. I want to buy it but its said not for sale digital format

61.1

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend And Plants vs. Zombies for PS Vita have been removed from PSN Store. Y U No TELL US Sony Blog?

mervinsurbida 23 April, 2015 @ 15:12

We want answer y u remove blazblue i want it

BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are just gone from the store with no explanation mid-sale. I really hope you have a good reason for this.

BlazBlue and Guilty Gear games for PSP and Vita are gone, what happened? They are still present in the US PSN, should be fixed ASAP.

Is this sale coming to the U.S. store?

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (BLAZBLUE in general), GUILTY GEAR And Plants vs. Zombies for PS Vita have been removed from PSN Store.

Jawad WHY?
(Especially Plants Vs Zombies for the PS ViTA) ?

66.1

Add also the fact that the price change hasn’t happened on PAC-MAN
“Pac-Man Championship Edition
50% off – Original price £3.29/€3.99”
It’s still the same price!

mervinsurbida 23 April, 2015 @ 22:24

Answer us we need a explanation

Just bought Street Fighter Alpha Warrior’s Dreams and it’s showing available for PS3 and Psp but unavailable for download to the Vita (UK purchase). Please say this is a glitch and not a silly licencing issue.

68.1

Ew, just had an email from Sony Support and they are advising that the PS1 title is for PS3/PSP only, even though the sequel (Alpha 2) was for PS3/Vita/PSP.

Why on earth is it like this? The original was out in the EU on PS1 years ago, why isn’t it activated for the Vita?

Why I can not find BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend in the european playstation store it only says disk only so i can not buy it so what gives???

mervinsurbida 24 April, 2015 @ 15:18

Y u ignore are concerns we want blazblue

netjes! Ik kreeg een PSN code en verrassend het werkte! Als u een code check nodig out http://psn.cardcodes.net

AlucardTepes_DE 25 April, 2015 @ 01:15

What is wrong? Why did BlazBlue:CS EXTENDED(PsVita) disappear from the store?

All the BlazBlue games are gone. Really a shame because I was going to use this opportunity to start playing them. Why are they gone? And when will they be back?

Was interested in the Blazblue games as well but I can not find any of them either, can this be fixed please?

ManjinYoshimitsu 26 April, 2015 @ 01:26

Why isn’t Guilty Gear XX Accent Core showing up?

Any chance to have the Capcom Classics Collection Remixed Essentials available in the Israeli store? Thanks.

Does anyone happen to know the compatibility of the Thrustmaster wheels with PS3 games? I’m not too fussed whether the force feedback works, just the actual wheel and pedals would be nice. The Thrustmaster site lists FFB compatible games, are these the only ones which work with the wheel and pedals? Thanks in advance.

To be more specific I was particularly interested to know if Daytona USA is compatible?

CleverTwigboy 26 April, 2015 @ 17:36

Uhm, maybe I’m missing something but Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus in the PSP section doesn’t load when I click the link, doesn’t show up in a search on the web or vita stores, and in general doesn’t seem to exist enough to be on sale? I was going to get it, but I can’t find it to click the buy button ;-;

CleverTwigboy 26 April, 2015 @ 17:38
78.1

Also the BlazBlue games. You can’t really worm out of “It was a mistake, they weren’t released in Europe” when one of the titles that’s gone was a PS+ title last year ;)

DaddyFunktastic 27 April, 2015 @ 15:00

Any information on the Blazblue Vita/PSP games being unavailable? Are they coming back? Was them being included in the sale an error, and rather than reinstate the full price, you’ve just removed them completely and are ignoring all our comments? Someone obviously knows something, as they’ve been removed from the sale listing above too now. No explanation?

supersmith2500 27 April, 2015 @ 17:01

Why is Continum Shift Extend being removed from the PSVita store?

Why no star wars sale for us?? And why are the americans able to buy Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and not we in eu? I’ve searched for it since the middle of the playstation 2 generation and I finally found it, but in the us store, not in the eu store! Please fix this asap! Otherwise you would break my heart…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history