Rocket League closed beta starts today – sign up now

Get an early look at the multiplayer-focused car/sports mash-up

We’ve been a little hush-hush since our last PlayStation Blog post, but it’s because we’ve been hard at work finishing our sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, aka Rocket League.

The good news is that just last week we officially hit our “Feature Complete” milestone, which means that all the features we intended for the final version of the game are now in and working. From this point forward, our attention will focus on testing and polishing Rocket League as much as we possibly can to ensure that our game is as good as it can be.

Development is in the final stretch, but given that we’re running out of spring months, our target release date is changing to summer 2015. Our number-one priority is bringing you, our fans, a fun, high-quality game and we want to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

20150327_rocketleague_15_web
Which brings us to how you can help us achieve that goal — by participating in the Rocket League closed beta.

Earlier this week, we began rolling out beta access to select members of our existing Rocket League and Battle-Cars community, but starting TODAY, we want to expand it.

All you have to do to take part is head on over to RocketLeagueGame.com/PS4Beta-PSBlog and fill out the form shown on the page. To qualify, you will need a valid email address and a PSN ID.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Beta key supplies are LIMITED, and not every applicant will get a key, so we recommend submitting your name while you can. If you’re not granted access immediately, however, that doesn’t mean you’re not in the running — as we’ll continue to expand the player count as the beta moves along. Keep an eye on your inbox!

And now, some important notes:

• Server times will run from 4:00pm to 4:00am GMT
  • Because this test is specifically for matchmaking and server functionality, most final-game features are disabled.
  • Season Mode and Car Customisation are disabled, only one stadium is available for play
  • These keys are for Europe only. North American keys will be made available on the US PlayStation blog, so be sure to check over there to claim one if it applies to you
  • This initial beta phase will end in early May.

Here is the list of countries and territories currently eligible to participate:

• Austria
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • UK

That’s it for now. We hope to see you in the Rocket League beta soon. Thanks again for all of your continued support!

37 Comments
7 Author replies

Looking forward to the game, first one was great fun.
Signed up using KindaFunny’s link a few days ago, hope I get in :)

Sweden but no Finland? That’s not fair!

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 19:48
2.1

Yeah, sorry about that.

We tried to get it into as many territories as we could. The final version will definitely be available in Finland (we’ll even have a Finnish flag that you can put put on your car – a bunch of country flags, actually).

2.2

Just make an UK account and you can participate.
Simple as that.

2.3

Matter of principle

This may sound a little crazy, but would your beta not be more successful if you asked people to sign up, before it starts rather than after?

Its not as bad the TESO beta mind, that only lasts 5 days and won’t allow a preload of the client meaning many who got an invite can’t actually use it, and to get an invite you had to sign up over a year ago. That game is going to be a shambles of lag and disconnects at launch because they didn’t orgabise a proper beta, just gave the game to a small group of people early for free marketing.

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 19:51
3.1

We had started an early-admission portion of the beta earlier this week with our community members. But we’re intentionally tier’ing the amount of people who come in to stress test our servers and work on the matchmaking functionality.

In other words, we had a very specific cadence of people we wanted to let in at a time to better support each new group of users.

miguel_fabio 24 April, 2015 @ 17:44

Why not Portugal?

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 20:01
4.1

Unfortunately we couldn’t get a Portuguese version done in time. It will definitely be available in Portugal for the final version, though!

Agreed. My friends and I had a blast playing the first. Was very eager to play the sequel as soon as possible =(

SERGEANT-Q6R 24 April, 2015 @ 18:01

What about Qatar

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 19:58
6.1

Hi Sergeant,

Our servers are region-specific, and for this test, it’s in North America/ select European countries because of the goals of this test.

I hope it will be as much fun as SARPBC!

Version in psvita?

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 20:10
8.1

We haven’t announced a Vita-specific version, but we are definitely supporting Remote Play!

DoYouLikeMyID 24 April, 2015 @ 19:13

I’m definitely getting this game. I absolutely loved the original game, and can’t wait for this one! :D However, I think I’d rather stay in the dark on this one. I know I’m picking the game up regardless, so I think I’d rather be surprised when the game finally releases! ;)

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 20:04
9.1

Thanks, but you should go for it. It’s an MP-only beta and things like customization, multiple arenas, season mode, and a bunch of other surprises aren’t in there. As a member of the team I can promise you, this won’t spoil anything for you :)

dark_angel69 24 April, 2015 @ 20:52

Thank you for the chance to sign up for the beta. I just got a code and it’s downloading now. I look forward to helping test those servers

dark_angel69 24 April, 2015 @ 22:35
10.1

So far I’m really loving the game! So much stuff happening is making me laugh. Scored a lot of goals and in supersonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars it was very difficult for me to score goals. It’s an amazing game! Looking forward to the full game. Had a few connection problems and an error number 58 (three times) which disconnected me from the game at the end of the match

this game is pretty okay

11.1

thanks mite buy it

11.2

These guys…haha.

I think i saw you somewhere but don’t recall where, is the game good i don’t know dat sarp stuff

Show more replies
reggyx3clover 24 April, 2015 @ 21:27

can you please consider making a ps vita version for this, it would be great because I don’t have a ps4 so remote play is just impossible in my current days

Jeremy Dunham 24 April, 2015 @ 22:32
12.1

Consider it considered!

Looks cool but I’m in Australia…

Had no idea the beta was out, but I’m looking forward to trying it for PS4. I do think you guys should consider showing off another map in the beta though before the release.

Prem-aka-Prince 25 April, 2015 @ 11:12

I don’t have a PS4 yet, so I’ll miss the beta, but thanks for the ‘after-touch’ fixing the SARPBC online trophies last week :3

In the article you mention “Greece” as a country eligible to participate, but when i click on the link, Greece is not on the list :(

This game is going to be hype. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars was the absolute bomb hot diggity goo swaggy jagger.

just sent off for my beta request fingers crossed :D :D ITSSS BAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK :D

Can’t wait to give this a go – really hope some new game modes have been added :D

Played it for a couple of hours earlier and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the full game,my main concern is how easy it is to score now, use to enjoy the challenge of scoring in S.A.R.P.B.C .Which made scoring all the more sweet but in the games I played the goals were flying in every 30-40 seconds.Not sure if it’s just me but the goal seems much bigger this time around, but anyway still a day 1 purchase for me.

PC demo??

dee4life4444 26 April, 2015 @ 12:50

Got it last night and LOVE it! Defo buying it!

Played 3v3 for hours last night, and it’s great fun. Loved the original game and this feels like it’s going to be a really polished sequel. No bugs or network problems either, which is impressive for a beta. Definitely getting bought!

rayna-monique 26 April, 2015 @ 13:57

is this the game thats on ps3? i still have demo
ps i signed up

24.1

It’s the sequel! ;)

yorkshire101 26 April, 2015 @ 15:51

Been playing the last couple of nights comments about more goals in this i found that at first as well but as people are getting better its getting harder. I find a lot more lag in 3 v 3 than i do in 2 v 2

Finka_Karfein 26 April, 2015 @ 21:23

How did I miss the great news in December? I got the 1st game from PS Plus and fell in love instantly. Rocket League encourages a D1 purchase! Just please, let me play in the sequel the funny modes in multiplayer like crate instead of a ball with my friends.

Played the beta for an hour or so, but I already hate it :D (it’s not a bad hate, it’s like FIFA hate)
I don’t know if I am just bad in this game or everyone else is good, but I barely could do anything XD
Hell, I joined in to a match around half through, it was 7-0, my team mate did it alone against 2 opponents, after I joined, they scored 4 goals and it was 7-4 at the end XD

Yeah I got a key just downloading now : D hopefully it’s fun. I’m in Aussie but I guess because my account is English it allows me to redeem with no problems.

Yeah love the gAme not going to be a full price game tho

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history