We’ve been a little hush-hush since our last PlayStation Blog post, but it’s because we’ve been hard at work finishing our sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, aka Rocket League.
The good news is that just last week we officially hit our “Feature Complete” milestone, which means that all the features we intended for the final version of the game are now in and working. From this point forward, our attention will focus on testing and polishing Rocket League as much as we possibly can to ensure that our game is as good as it can be.
Development is in the final stretch, but given that we’re running out of spring months, our target release date is changing to summer 2015. Our number-one priority is bringing you, our fans, a fun, high-quality game and we want to do whatever it takes to make that happen.
Earlier this week, we began rolling out beta access to select members of our existing Rocket League and Battle-Cars community, but starting TODAY, we want to expand it.
All you have to do to take part is head on over to RocketLeagueGame.com/PS4Beta-PSBlog and fill out the form shown on the page. To qualify, you will need a valid email address and a PSN ID.
Beta key supplies are LIMITED, and not every applicant will get a key, so we recommend submitting your name while you can. If you’re not granted access immediately, however, that doesn’t mean you’re not in the running — as we’ll continue to expand the player count as the beta moves along. Keep an eye on your inbox!
And now, some important notes:
- Server times will run from 4:00pm to 4:00am GMT
- Because this test is specifically for matchmaking and server functionality, most final-game features are disabled.
- Season Mode and Car Customisation are disabled, only one stadium is available for play
- These keys are for Europe only. North American keys will be made available on the US PlayStation blog, so be sure to check over there to claim one if it applies to you
- This initial beta phase will end in early May.
Here is the list of countries and territories currently eligible to participate:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
That’s it for now. We hope to see you in the Rocket League beta soon. Thanks again for all of your continued support!