Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster arrives on PS4 this week

Check out the brand new launch trailer now

We all have a game or two we can always go back to. No matter how many times we’ve beaten it, done all the sidequests, or maybe even gotten that Platinum trophy, there’s just something satisfying about a world, a character, a battle, or something you can’t quite put your finger on that keeps you coming back. For me, and for many, Final Fantasy X is one of those games. It’s a game we call home.

16775508063_939506496b_o

This week we’re launching the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 to give Spira one more home of its own. We released the PS3 and Ps Vita versions just last year – and if you enjoyed it, and you still have it accessible should you want to go back, that’s fantastic. With the PS4 version, we’ve made sure that no matter what Sony platform you own, no matter where you play, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 will be there, in one awesome HD package.

17209565779_bbf59828a7_o16775508073_f2fc0c8b7b_o17209565689_6c9d3c9557_o

All three versions even share the same save data, so if you ever need to change consoles, you can bring your game with you. After you’ve dropped as many hours as I have into this game, (250+!!) that’s hopefully something you’ll appreciate! We also gave you the ability switch between the remastered and classic tracks for Final Fantasy X, because we KNOW that’s something you wanted.

17395415221_e766f85e73_o17208203940_fb5368b73d_o

When my counterpart in Europe and I initially sat down to discuss what kind of trailer we’d drop today, we were actually kind of stumped. The game’s biggest fans know it like the back of their hand, and we didn’t want to rehash any old ground. So we settled on this pretty unique approach, entitled, Lessons from Spira. Final Fantasy X taught us a lot of things, informed some of the ways we look at games even now. This collection of “lessons,” brought to you by Tidus, Yuna, and her stalwart crew of Guardians, hopefully takes you back to some of the ways Final Fantasy X made an impact on you. Have a look.

We even pulled in some shots from the charity art show event we held last year – seeing that filled out wall with all the stories from the game’s fans… It was a sight to behold for me.

For those coming back for a second visit, for those continuing on, and for those who have never been – Spira awaits.

48 Comments
0 Author replies

Oh, okay.

Any news on FF VII for PS4?

2.1

You mean steam edition?

Do yourself a favor and just buy it on steam… you will pay less for the exactly the same content.

SatoshiOokami 12 May, 2015 @ 19:25
2.2

@Archacus: But without trophies =D

2.3

@Satoshi
Who told you that?

Steam version have trophies.

As a PlayStation and ex-Square-Enix fan buying it on steam is the only right thing to do. I mean really their version is so disapointing that it is not worth mentioning. It is bad port… BUT at least you have acess to mods.

Modders really did a lot better job than Square Enix.

If you want your FF VII to be as much upgraded as it is only possible… than really… SADLY steam version should be your choice.

RodrigoSharingan 12 May, 2015 @ 14:36

Quick guys, lets remaster a HD remaster! lol

The most funny thing is the price tag, its hilarius. lol

£40 (€50) for 200+ hours of gaming is an absolute bargain in this day in age. Pretty sure I paid more than that for about 4 hours of game play a month or so ago (Order 1886)!!

I get that if you’ve bought the PS3 and Vita versions, it’s a lot to pay for the same game again but since you already have it why are you buying it again?

Final Fantasy X on PS2 was my first ever Final Fantasy game, so I have some sweet memories.
It’s great that it is accessible on every major PS console but I what I’m more hoping for is…….FINAL FANTASY XII.

Oh and while you’re at it, XII deserves the same international edition HD upgrade as X ;)

4.1

You mean Lost Odyssey which is spiritual FF XII or … that so called FF XII?

Frankly speaking getting Square Enix to work with Mistwalker on porting true FF XII to Vita and PS4 would be A~W~E~S~O~M~E

4.2

Never played Lost Odyssey, didn’t even heard of it until you just mentioned it. Looks like a cool game though.

No, to me the real FF XII is one of the best in the series which definitely needs to be upgraded. FF IX being the top :)

4.3

Lost Odyssey is a hackneyed FFX rip off that you only see people still banging on about because it is the only JRPG of any note that was ever exclusive to Microsoft consoles. It had a terrible story, ran like crap and sold poorly as I remember it. Doesn’t even belong in the same sentence as FFXII.

Show more replies

Sorry Square-Enix, I’m not interested in paying 3x full price just because you upgraded the graphics once and then scaled it for all 3 platforms. I rather decide not to reward you for your habits.

5.1

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

No one is forcing you, but they give people a choice on the platform they wish to choose.

Did I say that they force me? Nope. Did I say that I won’t buy it? Yep.
So what’s the point of your reply? To confirm me?

P.S. Cross-Buy leaves you an even better choice which platform to play those games on. Just in case that you missed that brilliant innovation!

CaptainGoSlow 12 May, 2015 @ 15:58
5.3

Even if they didn’t go the full cross-buy route, you’d think they’d provide discount for owners of the Vita or PS3 version.

Show more replies

Outside of FF7 this is my favourite Final Fantasy of the series and I am absolutely stoked that it is going to be gracing my PS4! I am currently still playing the Vita version but I am looking forward to transferring my save and continuing the adventure on PS4! Happy days! : D
Personally, I would love to see 8, 9 and 12 get the same sweet HD re-master treatment!

Is the artbook square enix store exclusive? I really want that artbook with the game, but I won’t pay 50€…

CluckNuggets 12 May, 2015 @ 16:26

I feel pretty stupid for buying this on PS3 and VITA now, I owned a PS4 at the time.

smile_taisou 12 May, 2015 @ 16:44

So, another remaster and you didn’t even bother adding Japanese voices? No, thank you.

How about FFIX or FXII remaster? Ah never mind, you would have to make some effort first, which is very uncommon for your company.

Senyoru-Chan 25 May, 2015 @ 20:17
9.2

Type-Zero HD had both tho… I think the dub in X is fine, dubs on Japanese games back then used to suck but SqEn usually did a good job hiring competent voice actors. Sora’s voice in KH1 tho, eew. But then puberty happened and he sounded much better in KH2.

That said, I do prefer the JP voice actors too and I usually buy all KH releases in Japanese as well as English. I’m assuming FF15 will have both tracks as the demo lets you pick. I really welcome it. Hey I heard Tales of Zestiria will include both as well. All JRPGs need to do it!

Type 0 “HD” on Vita when?

Just asking because you KNOW that’s something we wanted.

Bit funny that you can ruin the game by choosing wrong platform where it feels and looks god awful. Way to ruin your own game!

As for FF X HD… sorry… no… not going to buy for the 4th time. You lost faithul customer with Type-0 BS edition.

10.1

Yes, something all ten Vita owners wanted.

10.2

@Quinlank
If you mean that something over 10kk owners of Vita wanted than yes we must agree.

WordsofIvory 13 May, 2015 @ 17:33
10.3

That’s still far less than would have sold on next generation hardware.

They’re not going to release something like this on a format that doesn’t have a large enough userbase to support its development costs.

DaveInTheWoods 12 May, 2015 @ 17:14

Really hope they will bring XII to the ps4 as well. And IX!

Yeah, what can I say, I’m quadruple dipping for this one. I now own the PS2, PS3, PSVita and PS4 editions. I can understand why some people would be annoyed at yet another version, but this is a timeless classic. Getting it from the SE Store though for another copy of the artbook – might as well get my money’s worth.

Now I’m just looking for some good news from the E3 press conference and a potential Final Fantasy XII IZJS HD remaster announcement for a 10 year anniversary release next year. 12 is my second favourite of all time, next to 8, and it got far too little love on PS2. It was very much ahead of its time, and I would hate to see it being the only FF game that isn’t playable on modern consoles. Also, the PC version of VIII to go with the release of VII would be much appreciated.

NorthernFusion 12 May, 2015 @ 19:50
12.1

Same man. I know people object to the whole paying 3x, which is completely justifiable, but the game is worth paying for 3 times. It’s easily one of the best games ever made.

So yeah, just have to say Thank you so much for bringing this to PS4. I held out on the PS3 version in the hope it would come eventually and now Friday can’t come soon enough.

I feels like there’s been a big change at Square recently that started with Realm Reborn, you’ve started making games we want again. FF:XV looks super promising, Kingdom hearts is still in the wings and a new Star Ocean heading our way as well.

Please add a PS4 FF:XII HD to that list and you may once again be many peoples favourite games company!

Back to FFX, loved the trailer, the “Taught us 199 isn’t good enough” almost made me fall off my chair I was laughing so hard, god I hate to think how long I spent dodging lightning bolts (Lulu), memorising buttons sequences (Rikku), playing blitzball (Wakka) and the rest to get all those Ultimates. Looking forward to finally having another crack at the Via Infinito as well, I will make it to the bottom this time!

13.1

Whilst I’m taking the time to comment. My totally crazy (never going to happen) wish would be to see remakes of VIII and maybe VII in the style of XII, that would be awesome!

Bringing all the originals to PS4 wouldn’t be a bad start though :)

Bag_Of_Fruit 12 May, 2015 @ 20:49

Are we getting the digital version release on the store in aus and NZ?

Are the people complaining about a game being made available to a wider audience being sarcastic or are you all really that ignorant? Get over yourselves already.

CluckNuggets 12 May, 2015 @ 23:54

I see no complaining, are we looking at the same page? All I see are a couple of people wishing we were better informed and smarter with our money, A few people that have bought this game two or three times already, and would like this version too, finally there’s someone who’s obviously awake past his bedtime that can’t stand a bit of honesty.

I am hoping for some sort of sale or discount on the vita version in celebration or at least some sort of discount incentive to take advantage of cross-save as cross-buy is clearly not something they are entertaining.

Has the vita version ever been on sale? Ever?

NorthernFusion 13 May, 2015 @ 09:10
17.1

Once. Maybe.

Why didn’t you include the original VA ?. As always, ignoring the fanbase.

EternalChaos72 13 May, 2015 @ 12:33

any chance of FFX avatars for the ps3/vita?

Too bad that the Sniper Elite 3 DLC is not on sale.

I own the regular edition on disc and the season pass for that version is still €29,99
While the complete edition (including the season pass) is on sale in the store for € 19,99

Why is it still not in the PS store :(

I got this for the Vita a few months ago, I thought it was cross platform? Looks like I have to pay for the PS4 version to?

T0P_K1LL3R_14 18 May, 2015 @ 22:44

Sony this is complete bull $$$t I paid for the ps3 version and now that it has come on the ps4 I have to pay again this is a complete joke same game just better graphics. If you keep trying to find ways to extort your consumers you can say bye to most of them it is disgusting why should we pay for the same game again again again again when it is linked to our psn account

I wait for this but….

Why there is an Japanese Audio with Chinese Subtile and you don’t add English Subtitle with that too. I am waiting for Japanese Audio with English Subtitle.

Now…
ASIA – > Japanese Audio with Chinese Subtitle
Why not?
ASIA – > Japanese Audio with Chinese Subtitle/English Subtitle (this won’t take too much space of Blu-ray)

Senyoru-Chan 25 May, 2015 @ 20:26
24.1

Hey, some Asian PS games include Japanese audio with English text. ( But many don’t ) Dunno about FFX but they exist. They’ll be marked as Asian English edition. You can get them from places such as YesAsia and Play-Asia. No JP/ENG version of FFX exists at this point tho but keep an eye out, hope!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history