New God of War III Remastered trailer shows off full 1080p/60fps gameplay

Plus, pre-order now to get the new God of War – Fall of Olympus Dynamic Theme

God of War III Remastered is ready for pre-order worldwide! It will be available in stores and digitally on 15th July (17th July in the UK and Ireland). If you pre-order now, you’ll get the brand new God of War – Fall of Olympus Dynamic Theme.

sm-ps4dev-csutton-20150410-0007

To whet your appetite for the epicness ahead, we have a sneak peek at the iron spike and chain hook-filled face-off against Hades, the Lord of the Underworld. The video is at the full 1080p and 60fps. Combat was smooth and responsive on the PS3, but the PS4 boost lets Kratos’ legendary battles against the gods of Greek mythology really sing.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

In addition to offering the PS4 players of today a chance to rip apart the Olympic pantheon in stunning detail, the Remaster also includes Photo Mode. Photo Mode allows players to freeze the brutal action mid-swing, play with a ton of creative camera and lighting options, and share that with fellow God of War fans.

It’s been ten years since Kratos took the throne as the God of War. With the God of War III Remaster on the horizon, we are eagerly looking forward to reliving the legend and we hope you are too. For those PS4 players new to Kratos’ epic tale of betrayal and revenge, welcome. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

#07 - 20140604-0190#08 - Co_Op (5)
58 Comments
0 Author replies
PS_TrophyHunter 19 May, 2015 @ 17:09

Sweet another remaster instead of a new game i’m so excited…..not. Excuse me whilst I enjoy the NEW fantastic Witcher 3: Wild Hunt which is news worthy :)

1.1

*blames remasters*

*has several remasters in his PSN profile*

PS_TrophyHunter 20 May, 2015 @ 09:10
1.2

Lance_87 I’m not saying remasters aren’t worth getting i’m just not as excited for them as new games :)

Then why reply to this topic at all.

I’ve never played a God of War game and while I may have been keen to do so I think my interest has almost passed.
Obviously a new God of War game will be announced next month but judging by the reaction to that expectation I get the feeling that pretty much everyone is ready to leave these games behind.

It was a very succesfull and a stunningly beautiful game on the PS3 and was picked up by lots of PS3 owners. I guess they don’t need to play it again (like me). There will nothing change from what I have played before and I’m not going to pay again for it.
If you haven’t played it and are into hack and slay games with some gore and stunning set pieces you are doing yourself a disservice not picking this game up. The only thing bad about the game is the multiplayer but the single player is awesome.

2.2

Multiplayer as in ascension, not 3

ShadowFlightBA 19 May, 2015 @ 17:29

Boring, just what we need. How about some fun and innovative games?

3.1

Stop whining. No one is forcing you to buy it.

I’ve never played it before so this is good for me.

zalwelgoedgaan 19 May, 2015 @ 20:04
3.2

@Max: No wonder you never played it before, you spend way too much time defending Sony.

residentSteve 20 May, 2015 @ 06:18
3.3

Glad it’s not just me who thinks that zalwelgoedgaan.

Show more replies

What about the theme for people who don’t want to buy the extortionate digital version?

It’s €50 on amazon.fr,de,it and €40 on amazon.es

Amazon.co.uk? £50.

Too expensive on all for yet another remaster, but that UK price is ridiculous.

As much as I love this game I just can’t justify spending £50 on a remaster after buying it already, I defo buy it when it’s a tenner though!!

Bwahahahaha.. £50? Christ on a bike, that’s ridiculous! Keep it classy Sony. I’ll take the far superior DMC4: Special Edition for £19 thanks. Idiots.

7.1

way to keep it classy yourself

7.2

Really? You think blatently ripping of customers holds more class than me calling out an idiotic price point, come back at me when you buy your own games.

7.3

When I buy my own games? I’ve supported myself for the last 20 yrs young un!!!

Show more replies

Needs to be all of the games or at least all of the console games. Just III is really weird, not interested.

Stop whining around “omg another remaster bring new games blablabla”
The world doesn’t revolve around you.
There are people who have never owned a PS3 and now they get the chance to play one of the most EPIC games of the last generation on their PS4.
And then there are also people (like me) who already played it but can’t wait to play it again, on ps4 in 1080/60 and a freaking PHOTO MODE (how awesome is that) and will definitely buy it to support the great developers.
Where’s the proble? If you already bought it and don’t want to spend money again just don’t buy it again and stop complaining.

Really tired of people who know nothing but to complain.

PS_TrophyHunter 19 May, 2015 @ 20:10
9.1

What we are complaining about is the lack of original ideas and the money grabbing antics of game publishers re-releasing the same games over and over in an attempt to milk as much money as they can from consumers for very little effort. That’s what I have an issue with.

CluckNuggets 19 May, 2015 @ 22:41
9.2

You can go and play it on the PS3, this really wasn’t released that long ago. We’re entitled to have our opinions without you criticising us. I’ll congratulate you for buying this game at full price, twice.

@CluckNuggets You’re not entitled to an opinion without others criticizing it. You’re entitled to an opinion. Others can criticize all they want.

Why do people act like remasters are coming out instead of new games? The vast majority of ports and remasters are contracted out to other studios to make money while the new game is made. This has been happening in the games industry pretty much since time began.

There is arguably a point to be made on the price of remasters which really should be lower to reflect that less was spent creating them. Let’s stack this up against Metro Redux.

GoW 3: original launch price £30, remaster price £50 – really?
Metro Redux original price £80 (£40 each game) remaster price £30 – that’s more like it

Enhancements
GoW3: higher resolution and frame rate
Metro Redux: higher resolution and frame rate, first game entrlirely rebuilt in the game engine of the second one, all DLC included, new control scheme for both games.

Show full comment

GoW 3: original launch price £30, remaster price £50 – really?

Enhancements
GoW3: higher resolution and frame rate

One of these is a fantastic example of fan service that the entire industry should aspire to, the other is an attempt to get money for old rope by washing it in an attempt to make it look new.

Don’t get me wrong, Spartan May Cry was a good game in its time, but that price for a little bit of polish? I can see why some people are upset

loonyspoony 19 May, 2015 @ 19:15
10.1

Looks like it’s £29.99 on playstation store and includes all previous DLC content and costumes. Can’t blame them for Amazon pricing.

10.2

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even look at the PSN price. Its pretty much a given these days that the PSN will have the higher price so went with the group.

£30 I think is completely reasonable for a remaster of a good game.

Absolutely laughable pricing.

No 3D?

playmartelli 19 May, 2015 @ 20:19

I enjoyed GOW3 at the time on the PS3, but there is no real incentive to go back there to me. I understand this might appeal to new PS4 players who didn’t own a PS3 before, but I think that would be a small amount. The problem with GOW3 is although there was amazing graphical set pieces, music, art direction, there was very little in terms of new gameplay from the PS2 era. Don’t get me wrong, I love the GOW formula, but I would also like to see it evolve more when GOW 4 comes to PS4. GOW Ascension was the only GOW game I didn’t complete because I was bored of the endless enemies being chucked at me and I had this deja vu feeling that i’ve done all this before somewhere.
Things that would excite me in a new GOW game, would be to see Kratos control whole armies, maybe a more open less scripted world (like Shadow of Morder), destructible environments, less button mashing and maybe Kratos being less of a jerk, well that’s kind of fun too so maybe not.

fps_d0minat0r 19 May, 2015 @ 20:28

If it has chapter select and a fun trophy list (one without missable trophies) I might consider playing it again.

I’d love to play some of the boss fights again, but I wouldnt go through the whole game again.

ScaryRhinos 19 May, 2015 @ 20:34

If you’ve not played it before it’s definitely worth picking up (when it’s cheaper). If you’ve played it before…well, Batman’s out next month! :p

File under: pointless remaster

CluckNuggets 19 May, 2015 @ 22:34

Remakes with bad prices. Where are all of the new games? I didn’t buy my PS4 to play games I bought on PS3 last year.

17.1

PS4 has loads of unique games. It’s been 2 years so you can stop being so damn picky and pretending there’s nothing.

residentSteve 20 May, 2015 @ 06:15
17.2

It’s blog editor max die hard lol, he is entitled to his opinion stop being so damn picky is such an insulting thing to say I still own only 3 games on my ps4 re revelations 2 TLOU and mk x I’m I being picky too :)

CluckNuggets 20 May, 2015 @ 15:42
17.3

You know, I own most of the games out there. In fact I own all of the ones I want that are out. I don’t do beat-em-ups and I don’t do Bloodborne style games. I want more!

Show more replies
HeavyD-Love 20 May, 2015 @ 00:12

I still can’t believe they’re selling JUST GoW3 on PS4 for $39.99 when the entire GoW Saga (1, 2, 3, CoO, GoS) minus Ascension is available on PS3 for less than $20. Just makes ZERO sense to me. AT LEAST include Ascension, or a GOD4 demo or SOMETHING for $39.99!

After the vita versions that where just awfully done I wasnt really inerested but it does look pretty bloody good.

justSamurai 20 May, 2015 @ 08:18

I don’t see it on PSN Store.

justSamurai 20 May, 2015 @ 10:44
20.2

Thanks but it is not available in my local/Saudi store. Maybe it is banned.

MajorSkilog 20 May, 2015 @ 09:14

Is there at least a stereo 3D mode ? this would be the only reason for me to justify such a price

Gotta agree with pretty much everyone here; it looks a great remaster of the game but £50 RRP is a massive hike for it; if I shopped around I could go out today and buy an old PS3 for £65 and pick up GOW3 for about a fiver, so do I get a HD remake for £50 or a PS3 console and the original game for about £20 more?

This looks like a “buy in a sale” title; I’m not against remasters as I own Tomb Raider and The Last of Us which are both spectacular on the PS4, I just think it’s a big ask for a repeated experience, especially as new stuff like The Witcher 3, Project Cars and Bloodbourne are out now for the same price.

Saw the video. Damn i want that. Then people are quoting 50 bloody pounds. So I thought the aussie price would be off the charts. But no it is 45 dollars Australian digital and 55 retail. For once aussies getting a good deal (relatively speaking).

If there’s one game that didn’t need YET another “remaster”, that’s God of War 3 (which is already in HD on PS3, btw).

JediKnight246 20 May, 2015 @ 19:46

What about God of War and God of War II? Giving new fans an additional option for playing the series is a good thing but only giving them the last game in a trilogy for PS4 goes against that a bit. The first two games are just as good if not better and if I was new to the series I wouldn’t want to have to skip their story and start at the end.

Rip off alert!!!

TheCreationOfSam 22 May, 2015 @ 08:45

£50 for a this remastered when DmC was only £25, if you want a fun hack and slash game for PS4 go with DmC until this drops in price.

Assassin-_-MerKz 22 May, 2015 @ 12:11

€84/£60 for GOW 3 Remastered on Zavvi Thats not right!

hiroyuizero 22 May, 2015 @ 12:42

Never played this game so i’m interested however i’m not paying £30 for this, thats ridiculous!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history